Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

What's the WORST LEAGUE you have ever played in?

Boy, I've had a few. I'm not an easy person to get along with, as some of you are aware. particularly when I am in competition with you. So I'm gonna go top 3.

#1 League found here like 7 or 8 years ago.

Was $200 or something, 12 players, so some clams on the line there and I ended up getting squeezed out of the playoffs over an obscure tie breaker rule. A team I had more points than and had beat heads up, had no chance and because they had a better divisional record (different division) they got my playoff spot. I was pissed, but the Commish was all Judge Judy, "My decision is final." and put his friend in my spot.

#2 Couple years ago, Colston's rookie year

Yahoo league where I got Colston off waivers and used him as my TE all year. Drafted Manning, just killed all year. Was 1 point from the superbowl. But there were a couple wives and girlfriends in the league. One chick "inadvertenly" waived someone for a defense ... and everyone is like "Ok, nobody pick him up." and she continued to have that defense in her lineup that week. I tried to explain that she can't do that ... she is getting a free roster spot .... and somehow came across as like I was attacking a chick. I had a really good team, and her team sucked .... and it DIDN'T MATTER to me, I was just trying to explain what is fair. But the mob mentality made me the bad guy.

#3 This year

Traded Hillis and Ted Gin for Gostowski and Jhavid Best, pre-season and people cried "collusion". Buncha grown men, but whiney beotches. They have since been total aholes. Same kinda, "We are all friends, and outsiders are cheaters." deal. It's a low $ league, I don't really care. It's either whining or boredom. It's no fun. I'm still gonna try and win.

This happened to me in fantasy basketball league with a cheating commish.

So I joined this league. The live draft was set to happen about two weeks later. I usually always rank my players about 3-4 days prior to the draft. So when it came time for me to rank my players, I realized that I already had a team. The commish changed the draft time to about a week earlier and didn't give anyone in the league a heads up. So my team was autopicked based on the default yahoo settings.

From what I saw, the commish was the only one who attended the live draft while everyone else was on autopick. I pretty much told the commish that I wouldn't participate in the league. The commish then sent me this message "before you leave, trade me all your best players".

This happened to me in fantasy basketball league with a cheating commish.

So I joined this league. The live draft was set to happen about two weeks later. I usually always rank my players about 3-4 days prior to the draft. So when it came time for me to rank my players, I realized that I already had a team. The commish changed the draft time to about a week earlier and didn't give anyone in the league a heads up. So my team was autopicked based on the default yahoo settings.

From what I saw, the commish was the only one who attended the live draft while everyone else was on autopick. I pretty much told the commish that I wouldn't participate in the league. The commish then sent me this message "before you leave, trade me all your best players".

See ... that's the problem with joining a league full of people you don't actually know in real life. I only play 1 league a year so ... I'm pretty competitive in that league. If that bothers you .... go fock yourself.

The first league I played in was run by my uncle. He has a bunch of fuckheads for friends, so one year we caught one of the co-commishes changing his lineup during games and was allowed to stay in the league. Then the last year I played in the league, I was killing it and this fat loser that I would talk smack to tried to trade all of his best players to the 2nd best team in return for scrubs, and he told my uncle he was doing this with the intention to screw my team in the playoffs. My uncle didn't even make a big deal out of it, got mad at me for revealing that I knew what the trade was that he tried to make, since I wasn't a co-commissioner, and then let a different, yet still unbalanced trade go through. It didn't work, though, I rolled in the playoffs and took 1st place and told them all to jam it up their ass and started my own league.

A guy in my league has started Jerome Harrison and Nate Kaeding every week, including this week.

It makes the league less enjoyable for me when someone doesn't try.

I have traded away: Aaron Rogers, Peyton Hillis and Darren Sproles all to one team in different trades. In return for Brandon Tate, Steve Smith (CAR) and Deangello Williams.

Yeah ... totally one sided ..... in HIS FAVOR! They called me a cheater, said I jipped him out of Best and that Hillis was a scrub? Yeah ... I DID IT ON PURPOSE! I needed like a whole nother team worth of roster spots .... and my friend and I .... we decided that we could beat the rest of you. If you wouldn't trade with us ... we would make 2 uber teams .... but I pretty much made his team.

He's got Rogers and Sproles on a bye this week though. Heads up yo.

I joined a league maybe 8 years ago and was asked to run this same league the following year. The first year, there were several people accusing the commissioner of cheating and he did win the league. The following year, several people accused the same guy of cheating and constanlty complained about the waiver wire process. Also, several people never paid or really participated. Needless to say, I dumped that crappy league.

I am very selective in what leagues I join and I make sure there are a few people in the league that I know.

Boy, I've had a few. I'm not an easy person to get along with, as some of you are aware. particularly when I am in competition with you. So I'm gonna go top 3.

#1 League found here like 7 or 8 years ago.

Was $200 or something, 12 players, so some clams on the line there and I ended up getting squeezed out of the playoffs over an obscure tie breaker rule. A team I had more points than and had beat heads up, had no chance and because they had a better divisional record (different division) they got my playoff spot. I was pissed, but the Commish was all Judge Judy, "My decision is final." and put his friend in my spot.

#2 Couple years ago, Colston's rookie year

Yahoo league where I got Colston off waivers and used him as my TE all year. Drafted Manning, just killed all year. Was 1 point from the superbowl. But there were a couple wives and girlfriends in the league. One chick "inadvertenly" waived someone for a defense ... and everyone is like "Ok, nobody pick him up." and she continued to have that defense in her lineup that week. I tried to explain that she can't do that ... she is getting a free roster spot .... and somehow came across as like I was attacking a chick. I had a really good team, and her team sucked .... and it DIDN'T MATTER to me, I was just trying to explain what is fair. But the mob mentality made me the bad guy.

#3 This year

Traded Hillis and Ted Gin for Gostowski and Jhavid Best, pre-season and people cried "collusion". Buncha grown men, but whiney beotches. They have since been total aholes. Same kinda, "We are all friends, and outsiders are cheaters." deal. It's a low $ league, I don't really care. It's either whining or boredom. It's no fun. I'm still gonna try and win.

3 examples and I do have to say they tell me alot.

#1 example - you didn't like the rules established by the league so you threw a fit and the commish had to step in and make the tough decision. Sounds like you were the problem there.

#2 example - if you truly didn't care then why did you bring it up? I'm like that in certain instances. It takes a lot to just keep your lip buttoned and leave things be.

#3 example - the trade went through and they can eat shet for throwing their fits. Let it go and focus on what's next.

The league I'm in this year is the most drama ever. We allow veto's in our league and that of course is a constant cause of arguing. The commish is great at what he does and just stays out of most of it but apply's the rules of our league. I'll never join a league that allows veto's again. Some guys are so worried about other people's trades its ridiculous.

Way back in the stone age, before the interwebs, when we had to calculate every score by hand using the Monday morning sports page (remember that?). There was a guy in our league that just refused to keep track of the score of his game. As commissioner I would tally everybody's score but everybody pretty much knew the score of their individual match ups. Not this guy. Sure thing every week he would bug me about his score. :wall: So naturally I tallied his score last every week. Well this asshat wound up winning it all that year and the day after our super bowl he called me demanding his money. He needed "it for Christmas presents". At that point not everybody had paid yet so he wanted me to pay him out of my own pocket. :nono: After about three days of him b!tching I finally told him to collect his own money from the league. The following year I replaced him and I heard for weeks that he was p!ssed that he didn't get invited back.

I am responsible for opening a Pandora's Box within a league I played in about 7-8 years ago. The League was fairly new, a novelty here in Canada, where the Hockey Pool was and is, KING.

It all started when I 'churned the wire' to deprive a buddy (let's call him Steve) a usable WR during the bye weeks. With a long series of consecutive add/drops, I put every single decent Free Agent WR into a Waivers-loop when Steve failed to act before Saturday afternoon (after a drop, post Sat. NOON, players were then unavailable until after the play period). Steve was pissed. To this day, I thought I was just being clever. We had so few rules and no Constitution. I was just seeing where it went, I thought...

The Commish was one of those guys who could not handle conflict. He said and did practically nothing, even when I said - "it was just me effing around - let Steve have somebody". With only 10 Teams and shallow benches, there were a number of guys out there. The Commish could had remedied it and probably should have made a rule to make what I did illegal in future. But no.

Instead, whereas our trades had no vetos or Commish scrutiny, Steve 'borrows' a WR off some dude's bench, and later trades him right back, after the Monday Nighter. Now the whole thing has gotten out of control, I figure.

There is some moaning and angry comments on the Board, but it eventually simmers down. Okay, I thought.

Then, the very next week, I am watching the Sunday night game at another Owner's place. This was Neil Racker's miracle season in 'Zona, and Rackers was a Free Agent at the time. My not-so-good buddy, let's call him Mike, says "I think I am going to pick up Rackers after this weekend". I think 'hmmm, yeah, he looks pretty good this year'. So I go home after the game, realize I am one position ahead of Mike on the Waiver order, and claim him myself.

Mike - a notorious hot head - goes nuts, claiming I am a cheat and a thief, also citing the waiver wire incident of the week previous. He goes as far as threatening to call the cops on me if I phone his house, talk to his wife, or make comments to him on the Board. Even worse, Mike worked with me at the time, and begins to cycle into a whole pattern of bad behaviour, calling me an a$$hole to co-workers and clients, undermining me at every turn. Well, I had to quit the League after that. Over a lousy friggin kicker. Mike and I have not spoken since. Good riddance I say. Steve and I have patched up, if you were curious.

A year later, at the behest of a third friend, I start a new League. Several years on, I now run Keeper, Dynasty and ReDraft Leagues, with associated SuperBowl and Mid-Season parties, touch football games, and a whole network of buddies. The Leagues are well-policed, with evolving Constitutions that update twice a year. I have to say I was glad I was a rules-pushing douche for a while there - it certainly let me learn how and when those types might work to sabotage a League.

I was in the geek league with that one d-bag who stole all the winnings. Can't remember his name off of the top of my head right now.

Good times.

I play in a a league where a team recently went a month without starting a QB and nobody cares.

They cared about it so little that they got mad at me instead for talking about it. :thumbsdown:

A few years ago, I accepted a buddy's invitation to join a 16-team league on Yahoo. It was the first league I'd been in that featured IDPs. An oddity was that offensive return yds counted for as much as rushing or receiving yds, so people were starting guys like Eddie Drummond at WR.

After the 1st game, I noticed that the scoring system was also crediting IDPs with return yards, so I simply inserted Alan Rossum and Terrence McGee as my two IDPs. This duo racked up big points, accounting for more return yds and TDs than all the other IDPs combined. After Week 5, when I was ensconced in 1st place, an owner who was a friend of the Commish noticed and complained, saying they had not meant to count defensive return yds and that I was, in a way, cheating. I replied that I played by the rules as written, not as intended or "meant". The Commish sided with the owner and appealed to Yahoo to rescore our results. Yahoo answered that they would neither rescore the league nor adjudicate the dispute.

The Commish put it to a vote, asking owners to decide whether to leave the rules alone or alter them retroactively, in which case he would adjust all the points manually. The vote was public, on the league's message board. When it appeared that the result was going to be that the rules would stay the same, the Commish canceled the election and said he was changing the rules. My buddy then quit, which caused me to quit, which caused another owner to resign in disgust. The guy who originally complained inherited 1st place, albeit briefly. The league decided to hold a supplemental draft to divvy up our players, and they were like kids at Christmas. The Commish forgot to lock me and my buddy out so, although we couldn't play, we could read the message board.

The league suffered through more disputes and threats to quit, but managed to hold its playoffs. Everyone parted full of phony good cheer and vows to reunite the following year, but it didn't happen. I still feel a twofold sense of pride, because 1) I was the 1st to see and exploit the defensive return yds and 2) because it remains the only league in which I was ever branded an outlaw or cheater.

Playing in a league full of deadbeats. I won the title and didn't get paid...didn't even get my buy in back. The following year the new commish, who never paid his buy in, says going forward everyone has to pay to play. What a novel concept...told him I wasn't interested.

I still feel a twofold sense of pride, because 1) I was the 1st to see and exploit the defensive return yds and 2) because it remains the only league in which I was...branded an outlaw or cheater.

Funny how one can learn from this kind of ire and derision - and two, how one feels empowered by it.

If you see my post above, you'll understand how I empathize.

It was a keeper league and I had a stacked team with Shaun Alexander and Ricky Williams as my two keepers. A couple of days after the draft I looked at the schedule for the year and noticed that I played the commissioner the week I had both Alexander and Williams on a bye. I then checked the commissioners schedule and noticed he was playing teams with their best players on byes for the most part. I contacted CBS Sportline and continued to get the runaround - I was trying to inquire as to how the schedule was determined either automatically or did the commissioner manually input it. Finally I got a response from CBS stating that they do not get involved in league matters and that they have gotten burned in the past. CBS was only concerned with their fee getting canceled. This was with a group of friends and we started our own league the following year. I did play out the year and won the league. I probably should have quit and got other teams to quit but did not have actual proof.

It was a league here. A 16 teamer run by some schmuck that used to post here. It was the FSA keeper. I can't remember his name, but I could tell he was a total loser from his posting and I should have known better. He started up the 3 FSA leagues that still have boards here. Here's the catch. All 16 teams paid their fee, but this jackoff took a 10% cut of the fees without telling anybody for "running the league." Let's do the math. He pays 50. The total pot is 16*50 which equals 800 so he takes 80. So basically we are paying this pr¡ck to play commish, and he gets the free roll of maybe winning what's left of the pot.

The sad part was he didn't even run the league. Miller_21 or something like that basically did everything. I'm pretty sure I was the only guy who realized what was up, and I just quit after the first year. I never even bothered outing the guy sicne it wasn't that much money, and I didn't feel like dealing with the guy since he was a scumbag anyway.

In the early 90s my best friend was in a league I almost got into. I was at the draft but they had enough guys so I hung out.

The commissioner didn't have a home phone. You had to either try and call him at work or bring your lineup to him there. You had no idea if you won or lost unless you tracked him down also. And my friend played against Cris Carter three straight weeks after learning he was once traded for Shannon Sharpe who was injured at the time. Now that was a league.

No where near the worse just the most disapointing.

Keeper league 7 players alomst dynasty like. With no limit who or on how long you can keep a player. With 7 keepers the orgional goal was to be able to keep your core players and be able to build for the future at the same time. Over time some owners would keep more players at one position than they should as backups, trade bait, or just to block another owner. Last year the league welcomed 2 new owner both friends of the commish. One got a ok team the other was bad. Neither team did very well and both would post message to each other on the message board with out naming names how other owners were in collussion with each other or how they are being held hostage with bad team because no one would trade with them. This year all teams returned and told to keep 7. Again some teams kept more players than they should a different positions. To start the draft the commish annouces a rule change that will take effect 2012. All teams will be allowed only 4 keepers. When asked why the commish resonded to put more player in the draft pool and give all owners a fair shot at winning each year.

After almost 15 years my only complaint is don't addapt the league to the owners have the owners addapt to the league.

I was in the geek league with that one d-bag who stole all the winnings. Can't remember his name off of the top of my head right now.

Good times.

I ran a geek league one year... everyone sent in their money but when it was time to pay out no one would send me their address.

Sincerely,

QLAZZ

My one and only bad experience in a league came this year. In a league formed at FFToday. this is lengthy, but a good story.

Voltaire created a last minute 14 team free dynasty full of lots of FFToday regulars. I guess there was a lot of interest in the league. Days after Voltaire created his league, a guy by the name of Echo_52 contacted me via private message asking me to join his league. Claimed he had been in a league with me a few years back. I have no clue. The deal was, once this Echo guy filled his league, we would merge with Voltaire's league to create one super dynasty with 2 copies of each player.

Echo was real excited and rushed to get the league full so we could start the draft. I reluctantly accepted. I didnt plan to be in another league, but i knew voltaire would run a quality league and i have never been in a dynasty for the initial draft.

My first warning sign came prior to the draft starting. I log in one day to find that my 20th round pick has been swapped with the commish for no reason. 20th rounder, not a big deal but I still wanted to know why. He said it was an error on his part. Never gave me the pick back until I asked 3 or 4 times if he was going to reverse it.

Draft starts. Draft is reset 2-3 times. Supposedly a short pick timer was left on. Ok, no big deal. Once the draft begins for real, a number of trades start popping up. They all involve the Commish's team and they are all in his favor. And all with 2 other teams.

So I learn that 1 team is owned by his fiance. Echo's only explanation is that his fiance does her own thing and that nothing shady is going on. He continues to go on a rant about how he wants to have a fair, fun league and is being an active commish.

The trade with the second team is never explained. Nor does team owner "Bob" ever come around to explain his side of the deal. He does however post on the league message board applauding the commish for his fine work in running the league :lol:

I seemed to be the only one noticing all the lopsided trades, so i brought them to the attention of Voltaire who wisely did not merge his dynasty league.

After being confronted, Echo continued to talk only about wanting a fair fun, active league and he offered me pick bumps to move past this issue :o

On top of this, he made a post directing where to send $10 for MFL fee's, despite saying he was covering the cost in his initial recruitment messages.

I decided to continue drafting since I was building a killer team but I couldn't resist making collusion jokes whenever possible and was finally booted from the league.

So on top of this hopefully being a funny read, watch out for this Echo character.

For thos einterested in seeing some play by play as this was all happening, here is the link http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=387041

Kinda seemed like a good time for a THIS OLD THREAD bump.

Pretty funny that my friend and I finished 1st and 3rd ... almost faced each other in the Super Bowl (kinda scary, Aaron Rogers was money that week) ... but it's funny that people whined about trades, and we finished at the top. Pretty clear we made trades that benefited both teams, in a trade dry league. Also a story of despite my #1 pick with Randy Moss being a flop, and my trading Aaron Rogers for Brandon Tate and Hillis for Best .... I still won. Despite the gang mentality against me.

Don't have stupid rules, if you don't want me to play by them. That's the number one thing that people overlook before their draft, what are the rules? If you have stupid rules, you can't blame me for taking advantage of them.

Right?

And saying ... as the Commish, "I voted against the trade, but not enough people voted against it, so it passed." was just ... ARRRGGH! Why dude? Why tell everyone you voted against it? Worst commish ever.

How did I win? 3 words. Vick off waivers.

I was in a league once where you couldn't pick people up on Sunday morning. I was never told that and around week 3 or 4 I got screwed because of it.

I immediately dropped all my players and quit. Which started a shitstorm as people picked up my players (who are apparently available after the games started).

This did not go over very well and a bunch of other people started bitching about a bunch of other ######. I had two guys threaten to come to my ###### house. I couldn't believe it. I even lost one of my best friends over it... lesson learned.

I had paid my money, and acted like a child: on that day I learned to never, ever, ever, join a league without getting a print out of the rules well before the draft. And if they can't provide the rules, don't join...

jdon

Singman -- 2 years he re nigged on payment and owes several geeks here money that would dwarf what ever Qlazz owed his guys. I knew Singman a long time -- I guess I really didn't know him that well. He owes almost 2K overall over 2 years

Sorry, but not a whole lot of sympathy for you guys that join crap leagues without knowing what you are getting in to, there are plenty of quality leagues available, run by honest commissioners, with solid owners, and its very easy to distinguish between the joke leagues and solid leagues... you just have to be a little less thick than a brick.

Before joining any new league,, ever, ever,, and Im in several where I knew nobody in the league... I always check the following, and if not available, I demand the info or wont join period.

League Scoring - obvious, and if you actually join a league and draft without checking this,, your a stupid rook that deserves getting screwed later when you discover 9 weeks into the season that IDPs get payed return yards...lol

League Schedule - Always, always check the commishes schedule and corresponding bye weeks of opponents... if the commish is a cheat by nature, this is usually always something they think they can exploit without anyone noticing and your first red flag.

League history - such an easy thing to EM other owners that have been in the existing league, and if its a money league full of strangers, and you dont atleast do this,,, you deserve losing your money.

If you pay to play,, and value your investment, the above listed steps are just the most obvious and easiest source for you to investigate the league. If you join blind, then you deserve every screw job you have received for being such an unwise and lazy owner.

Years back I was in 2 leagues with guys from a local sports card store. The owner's son ran the leagues and had ran multiple leagues for years without any problems whatsoever (I was in those leagues as well, so I knew there were never any problems). For whatever reason, not sure if it was money issues or what, but the owner's son took all the winnings of all the leagues (there were 3 leagues, I was only in 2 of them) that season and jipped everybody. Kinda felt blindsided about it considering there were never any issues in the past with this guy. I had played FF with him for 4 or 5 years by that point. I felt worse for this one dude who happened to take 1st, 1st, and 2nd, but didn't get any of his winnings. Would have been at least 1300 bucks in his pocket. I only lost 2nd place money which might have been 150 bucks, which would have been nice, but more upset about this guys true character coming out.

Playing since '89. Several times 2-3 simultaneously. Mostly with acquantances. Usually big $. Every once in a while a new guy shows up but falls in line. So no probs there. There was a year say about '98 that my then wife mocked me and ridiculed me about Fantasy Football. She knew enough to know there was a lot overall luck involved.

Anyway, long story short: She beat me in a Championship game the first year she tried. She won again like 2 years later. Those were hard years and we were breaking up too during that time.

Bad times. Bad times.

Playing since '89. Several times 2-3 simultaneously. Mostly with acquantances. Usually big $. Every once in a while a new guy shows up but falls in line. So no probs there. There was a year say about '98 that my then wife mocked me and ridiculed me about Fantasy Football. She knew enough to know there was a lot overall luck involved.

Anyway, long story short: She beat me in a Championship game the first year she tried. She won again like 2 years later. Those were hard years and we were breaking up too during that time.

Bad times. Bad times.

I have nothing to say..... except... Dude.

I have seen FF bring out the worst in people. Somehow ... some guys wife or gf always seems to be part of the equation with the really bad stories.

See my, "Everyone attacked me for not letting her cheat" season.

Like they thought they could throw out the word erroneous and I would just be stunned. I prolly coulda worded it better. "There's some defenses on the waiver wire I'd like to pick up if I can "erroneously" waive Tatum Bell for the week."

I was trying to make a point. Fine, nobody can pick up the player she waived, but she can't ALSO play the defense she picked up. Hello?

I have seen FF bring out the worst in people. Somehow ... some guys wife or gf always seems to be part of the equation with the really bad stories.

See my, "Everyone attacked me for not letting her cheat" season.

Like they thought they could throw out the word erroneous and I would just be stunned. I prolly coulda worded it better. "There's some defenses on the waiver wire I'd like to pick up if I can "erroneously" waive Tatum Bell for the week."

I was trying to make a point. Fine, nobody can pick up the player she waived, but she can't ALSO play the defense she picked up. Hello?

Years ago I ran a 12 team keeper league. Between an owner leaving last minute one season, and my wife having been bugging me about letting her play sometime, I decided to give her the open team. But I instituted a no trade policy between our 2 teams. It wasn't something that should of have had to be done. But I wasn't looking for any headaches in the future either.

Singman -- 2 years he re nigged on payment and owes several geeks here money that would dwarf what ever Qlazz owed his guys. I knew Singman a long time -- I guess I really didn't know him that well. He owes almost 2K overall over 2 years

You have his name and address and 10 other guys supporting you. Call the cops in his town and have them pay him a visit. That's what I would do.

Years ago I ran a 12 team keeper league. Between an owner leaving last minute one season, and my wife having been bugging me about letting her play sometime, I decided to give her the open team. But I instituted a no trade policy between our 2 teams. It wasn't something that should of have had to be done. But I wasn't looking for any headaches in the future either.

I run a 12- team keeper league as well. Our 1st year we had only 11 teams come draft time & noone was willing to drop out. So I offered to run 2 teams. I instituted a personal rule where I couldn't trade or add/drop players from one team to the other. When my two teams played each other, I was obligated to play the highest projected point totals according to Yahoo that week. Everyone agreed to these terms & we proceeded.

After the 1st season, everyone was fine with my dual ownership. In the 2nd season, my teams placed 1st & 2nd during the regular season & played each other in the Superbowl. I know, pretty lame. But it was fun building two teams up that were superior to the other 10 owners. It did take some of the fun out of the Superbowl since I couldn't actually win or lose essentially.

Before our 3rd season began, a couple owners complained. So to keep the peace, I gave up the runner-up team to a buddy of mine. He completely mis-managed the team & ran it into the ground. A little disheartening since I built up a competitive team to see it go to waste, but the team I kept won the Superbowl once again.

Not the worst league I've ever been in, but I don't recommend owning two teams in the same league. Atleast the ship has been righted & the league is much more fun now for everyone involved.

A 16 team, TD-only league where you were required to keep 6 players each season minimum with the option of a 7th if you forfeited your 2nd round pick. Talk about taking forever to get good and a super-thin FA pool! It was brutal. We literally had hockey/baseball scores sometimes since yards/catches meant zilch. Kickers were huge. The draft was awful too - once a few good rookies went you were picking backups to backups. I suggested some things to make it better but the powers that be enjoyed having stacked teams while everyone else lived in squalor. Finally quit this year - dont know why I hung around for the 3 years I did. The Commish was a pompous d!ck too.

I joined a friend of a friend's 12 team league that was just starting up because they were looking for one more person. I gave it a try for a couple years but quit because I just hated a lot of the rules. Some of the rules they used were...

-$5 per pickup/drop. It was a $50 dollar league, but would end up being a ~$80-100 league by the time the season ended with all the transaction fees. I would've preferred they just made it a $100 league and have free pickups/drops if the intention was to make the pot bigger.

-The last place manager always got first dibs on the waiver. The 2nd worst player got the 2nd waiver pick and so on...If your team started off well, it guaranteed that your team would get worse as the season progressed because picking up the 10th+ best waiver wire option wouldn't improve your team at all. Meanwhile, the crappy teams were picking up all the good waivers and they would squeak into the playoffs with fairly strong teams.

-8 of 12 teams made the playoffs.

-We used CBS FF website. Waste of money.

-We couldn't pick up players on Sundays.

-Transactions didn't occur until whenever the commissioner approved the transaction including first-come-first-serve pickups.

-The following year's draft order was based on the current year's regular season standings. You could finish with the best regular season record, lose in the first round of the playoffs and still have the 12th pick in the draft the following year.

You have his name and address and 10 other guys supporting you. Call the cops in his town and have them pay him a visit. That's what I would do.

all I know is his name is Steve Ingman and lives in a Detroit Suburb. I had his address a while back but likely threw it out. He owes 2 winners in 1 league 600 each me 300 , and several other's -- almost 2K he swindled there. He makes what QLazz did look like nothing

you could get him on fraud but 300 isn't worth the trouble for me -- now LBH and the other guy he owes more too might be worth it

all I know is his name is Steve Ingman and lives in a Detroit Suburb. I had his address a while back but likely threw it out. He owes 2 winners in 1 league 600 each me 300 , and several other's -- almost 2K he swindled there. He makes what QLazz did look like nothing

you could get him on fraud but 300 isn't worth the trouble for me -- now LBH and the other guy he owes more too might be worth it

You telling me you guys didn't already go to his house & punch him in front of his wife & kids while you take his wallet? Man.... You guys are going soft!

A 16 team, TD-only league where you were required to keep 6 players each season minimum with the option of a 7th if you forfeited your 2nd round pick. Talk about taking forever to get good and a super-thin FA pool! It was brutal. We literally had hockey/baseball scores sometimes since yards/catches meant zilch. Kickers were huge. The draft was awful too - once a few good rookies went you were picking backups to backups. I suggested some things to make it better but the powers that be enjoyed having stacked teams while everyone else lived in squalor. Finally quit this year - dont know why I hung around for the 3 years I did. The Commish was a pompous d!ck too.

I dont get the td only leagues. Seems like a waste of time. Youre missing out on all the other fun things that stats create. I would be pissed constantly.