Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Worst story

Mine happened last night. I needed to win and player B to lose. I won and Player B won his game by .5 points to eliminate me. This is a bad story because his opponent was 4-8, already out, and had stopped setting a lineup. He had Welker on the bench while starting Hines Ward and Braylon Edwards and he didn't even start a defense, even though he had one on his bench.

Half a point and the guy I needed to lose beat an opponent that didn't field a full squad. :nono: :wall:

Mine happened last night. I needed to win and player B to lose. I won and Player B won his game by .5 points to eliminate me. This is a bad story because his opponent was 4-8, already out, and had stopped setting a lineup. He had Welker on the bench while starting Hines Ward and Braylon Edwards and he didn't even start a defense, even though he had one on his bench.

Half a point and the guy I needed to lose beat an opponent that didn't field a full squad. :nono: :wall:

Your league blows...so not being in playoffs is probably no great loss :dunno:

gotta have rules in place that state that every team has to field a starting legit lineup. How the F do you not start a D when one is on the bench. That's an illegal lineup. So yeah, the league blows, bail out of it, and F missing the playoffs because playing in leagues like that is not fun to begin with...

gotta have rules in place that state that every team has to field a starting legit lineup. How the F do you not start a D when one is on the bench. That's an illegal lineup. So yeah, the league blows, bail out of it, and F missing the playoffs because playing in leagues like that is not fun to begin with...

Agreed.

It's one thing to miss changing out an inactive player due to him being a GTD, but leaving a blank spot that affects a playoff spot is bullsh!t.

The commish should have caught that and inserted the active defense into the lineup before the game. I'm under the opinion that it should be done retroactively as this might be construed as collusion.

Agreed.

It's one thing to miss changing out an inactive player due to him being a GTD, but leaving a blank spot that affects a playoff spot is bullsh!t.

The commish should have caught that and inserted the active defense into the lineup before the game. I'm under the opinion that it should be done retroactively as this might be construed as collusion.

Of course to make the situation worse, the commish is the one that made the playoffs, winning by .5 points. If I had noticed it before the games started, I'm sure he would have had no problem switching the guys lineup. Now, i'm not so sure.

Of course to make the situation worse, the commish is the one that made the playoffs, winning by .5 points. If I had noticed it before the games started, I'm sure he would have had no problem switching the guys lineup. Now, i'm not so sure.

That's bush league that it's the Commish that benefits from it. I'd definitely request he change that and if not, push to either have a new Commish next year or find another league.

Oh and go beat his teeth down his throat in front of the wife and kids.

I missed the playoffs by one spot, despite being 3rd in teh league in points. Went on a 4 game losing streak at the end of the season (while scoring league's 2nd highest points in 2 of 4 weeks). Pretty unlucky, but your story is probably worse.

bottom line is you don't want to play in these bullshit leagues. If there aren't rules that are air tight to avoid this type of drama at the end of the year, don't play in them. We have 1 league where if you don't pick up a player to fill into your lineup when you have dudes on bye, you get fined 20 bucks. Add/drop is 10 bucks each in that league, so its a pick your poison. So even if you're 1-7 at teh end of 8 weeks, you gotta pick a guy up week 9 if your TE is on a bye. This avoids this type of drama. Also, if it is deemed that a team is putting in all his worst players late in the season to tank and/or help his opponent for that given week, then his best players are inserted into the lineup, the owner loses control of the team and is gone for the next year. I can't even imagine playing in a league where I have to even think for a second about someone colluding, or tanking, or whatever. All of us that have played for long enough have quit enough leagues to know how little fun it is playing with aholes. So just don't do it. There are plenty of legit leagues out there with grown men(and maybe women!) that are in this for the fun of it, not to scam some money off their alleged friends. Find/create those leagues and leave the garbage behind...

I commend your honesty, most people here always win the championship game

Of course they do. They also celebrate in their 8,000 sq. foot homes by having their supermodel wife and her equally gorgeous girlfriend perform a double BJ on their 11 inch cack.

You should definately call him out on this. Its weak.

In my league the COMMISH was playing a team that had Gore and Denario Alexander starting with Caddy Williams and several startable WRs on the bench. With the game having playoff implications, I suggested that he put in players that are going to play and he said, "When you are commish, you can set other teams lineups, buy their groceries, and wash their car .... but until then .." Fortunately he would have won either way.

What a focking joke. Why do people who do not know how to commish a league insist on doing it?

I find it hard to believe that this is the 1st week dude didn't set his lineup. I'm willing to guess he quit setting it weeks ago and other owners was taking advantage of it with out nary a peep. Because this particular week it catches you in the cross hairs, you're upset.

But how many other wins/losses did this affect over the course of however long he wasn't setting a lineup?

Your league needs an anti tanking policy in its bylaws. Terrible situation, but only thing you can really do is just not be in a league with the guy that gave up next year.

In my league the COMMISH was playing a team that had Gore and Denario Alexander starting with Caddy Williams and several startable WRs on the bench. With the game having playoff implications, I suggested that he put in players that are going to play and he said, "When you are commish, you can set other teams lineups, buy their groceries, and wash their car .... but until then .." Fortunately he would have won either way.

What a focking joke. Why do people who do not know how to commish a league insist on doing it?

Again, you need to have some kind of anti-tanking rule declared prior to the year. Commish sounds like a real douche but technically he's right in not doing anything without authorization.

Instead you could have my commish.

We have a league bylaws and have stuck firmly to it for 10 years, until week 3 when he makes an exception for some dumba*s who submits their waiver wire bid incorrectly. Meanwhile I had submitted my bid correctly and legally got Brandon Lloyd on my team. Instead, commish makes an exception for the team who submitted it incorrectly and subsequently puts Brandon Lloyd on his team.

Fast forward to last sunday when I miss the playoffs by a few points only to watch the "only exception" fruitcake dance his way into the playoffs with Lloyd being his best receiver. Had Lloyd been on my team I would have been a top seed in the playoffs, now I'm watching from the sidelines with no chance to win the $1800 grand prize.

Lets just say numerous thoughts--- both legal and illegal--- have run through my mind.

Thats not the worst. 2 guys in one of my leagues were tied for last spot in their division and wouldnt qualify for wild card. Both lost both their games. The guy who did not have tie breaker had lost by less then a pt. But come Tuesday CBS had fixed Mike Williams stat line and the guy who didnt have tiebreaker actually won by less then .5 of a point :shocking:

I was asking all year, "What are the rules re: abandoned teams?" and he just never bothered to respond.

And why exactly did you ask this question? Was there owners beofre this week doing this?

And why exactly did you ask this question? Was there owners beofre this week doing this?

I was treasurer and one guy never sent in his check. Then the week his byes were he waited until the last minute to set his roster. But to answer your question, no. This was the only week a player failed to put in players that were hurt or out.Even worse people jumped down my throat telling me to "Shut the F up." and to stop "Telling people how to run their team." It's been a very frustrating year, but at least I'm tied for first with a first round bye.

14 team league. Had a 6-way tie for 1st with each team having a 9-4 record. Top 5 make the playoffs and the 6th and final team is the team that has scored the most points of the remaining nine teams. After all the tie-breakers were taken care of, one of the 9-4 teams lost out to a 6-7 team that had scored the most points in the league. Tied for first, didn't make the playoffs.

Pinned!

A Yahoo freebie league for sure. If you put stock in one of those leagues...your a fool.

They are only good for....yeah whatever.

Pinned!

A Yahoo freebie league for sure. If you put stock in one of those leagues...your a fool.

They are only good for....yeah whatever.

Are you the pot or the kettle? :doh: