Sign in to follow this  
Spergon Wynn

Joe Webb - QB and WR eligible in Yahoo!

Heads up - Joe Webb is WR eligible in Yahoo! leagues.

If you have another WR/flex on Monday (like Earl Bennett), and Joe is a last minute choice to start at QB, you can make a last minute switch and have a potential for QB points out of the WR spot... :ninja:

Picked him up this morning. My opponent is starting Woodhead at WR, so this would be a nice fock you move if he gets the start. :pointstosky:

First of all thanks for the heads up....but I have White, Austin, and Floyd and can only start 2 of them. Granted Austin has gone into the witness protection program but I would be hard pressed to sit them for a monday night game..

Well, I like the idea since typically even mediocre QBs outscore middle-tier WRs. But T.Jax only managed 3.5 points against the Giants on Monday, I'm not sure I trust a rookie QB who spent most of the season at WR to do any better against the Bears.

Heads up - Joe Webb is WR eligible in Yahoo! leagues.

If you have another WR/flex on Monday (like Earl Bennett), and Joe is a last minute choice to start at QB, you can make a last minute switch and have a potential for QB points out of the WR spot... :ninja:

Hmm....this is an interesting play. Thanks for the heads up!

I went and checked both ESPN and CBS and they have him as QB :wall: I wish those 2 sucked as bad as yahoo so i could bend the rules too

I went and checked both ESPN and CBS and they have him as QB :wall: I wish those 2 sucked as bad as yahoo so i could bend the rules too

+1

Could be brilliant...thanks for the heads up...I remeber when someone else did this in my yahoo league a few years ago with Marques Colston in the TE spot, he didn't win the championship but he was definitely one of the better teams.

I picked up Webb in Yahoo and am considering the move. However, I need to remember that an idea can be cute without being good. I have screwed up playoff games before by unleasing "secret weapons." I'm not sure that Webb outdoors in a strange venue vs the Bears is buried treasure. I wish he was eligible as a kicker; then I'd for sure give it a shot.

I picked up Webb in Yahoo and am considering the move. However, I need to remember that an idea can be cute without being good. I have screwed up playoff games before by unleasing "secret weapons." I'm not sure that Webb outdoors in a strange venue vs the Bears is buried treasure. I wish he was eligible as a kicker; then I'd for sure give it a shot.

Yeah. I'd be hard pressed to start him this week against the Bears but if he somehow ends up starting week 16 @ Philly I for sure would consider him over Forte vs NYJ.

Wow, thank you. This is the WR play I need this week. My league doesn't have negative points and gives completion points. So any mediocre qb can get 15 points. Here's hoping he starts this week.

Ramsey Signed:

'Vikings agreed to terms with QB Patrick Ramsey, formerly of the Dolphins.

It's the strongest indication yet that the Vikings are preparing to be without both Tarvaris Jackson (toe) and Brett Favre (body). Ramsey, 31, will attempt to learn Darrell Bevell's offense on the fly this week, preparing to back up rookie Joe Webb against the Bears on Monday Night Football. We may not know the Vikings' starter for sure until just before game time. Dec. 15 - 4:51 pm et'

great tip, i have sidney rice who i really don't want to play anyways. if anyone else starts at QB, Rice it is, if Webb starts at QB, in goes Webb. :pointstosky:

Ramsey Signed:

'Vikings agreed to terms with QB Patrick Ramsey, formerly of the Dolphins.

It's the strongest indication yet that the Vikings are preparing to be without both Tarvaris Jackson (toe) and Brett Favre (body). Ramsey, 31, will attempt to learn Darrell Bevell's offense on the fly this week, preparing to back up rookie Joe Webb against the Bears on Monday Night Football. We may not know the Vikings' starter for sure until just before game time. Dec. 15 - 4:51 pm et'

Ramsey...insurance behind third-string quarterback Joe Webb. -- but I like your quote better, listing Favre's injury as (body) ;)

Does yahoo never change eligibility? I remember Colston and he stayed TE eligible the whole year. I can see a bunch of people blowing up over Webb's eligibility.

Just picked him up.

No, Yahoo does not change eligibility during the season.

I had Colston his rookie year, and the policy line was "It is not fair to players that drafted Colston as a WR/TE to change eligibility after the draft."

Are you guys nuts? Joe Webb is 5th round rookie out of UAB - First of all, he does not have a clue on what is going on in their offense, Second, the game is supposed to be played outside in 5˚ temps, and wind 15-20mph.

And Third, they are playing the Bears, who after being completely embarrassed in last Monday Night's game, will come out with something to prove and take it out on Webb with a vengeance.

I think a low/mediocre WR will still put up more pts...

That being said, it's a long shot that he will even play -

Does anybody really know squat about this kid? I noticed he scrambled a little last week.......is he mobile? I think this would be his only chance of being a great sneaky play........because he will be running for his life.

He's a hell of an athlete. Ran low 4.4 40yd dash, benched 20+ reps of 225, 40+ inch vert, 11 1/2 ft broad jump. Eye-popping numbers!! good open field runner. If he starts he'll prob be good for maybe 120yds passing (conservative gameplan) and maybe 30-40 yds on the ground? subtract for the inevitable INT and few sacks? if he gets in the endzone himself or throws a TD that's double digits from a WR spot. i doubt he's significantly worse than the likes of jackson or someone like a jimmy clausen at tossing the rock. you could do much worse for a flex or something in a deep league.

couple good runs from preseason:

I only get -1 for picks and no negatives for sacks..if I hear hes in before the game starts I think I'm throwing him in the lineup in place of Tampa Mike.

FYI, if you get pts for return yards, he'll be returning kicks if he doesn't play QB.

Before Favre/TJack got hurt, the Vikings had a pretty big package of plays for him (probably in the wildcat). They really want to get him on the field. If he starts at QB, expect a lot of designed runs.

I got him pegged in my W/T position (instead of an injured Gates or Knox).

Great post.

In a keeper, do I drop Javaris James or Rashad Jennings for him? I'm thinking JJ gets the boot back to Thug U...

Per rotoworld:

According to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, it "sounds like" rookie Joe Webb will be the Vikings' starting quarterback on Monday Night Football against the Bears.

And he's going to make for an interesting flex play in fantasy leagues. A number of scoring formats list Webb as a "QB, WR" because he was originally drafted to play wideout. Webb therefore has receiver eligibility, and isn't a bad bet for 30-plus rushing yards, about 130 passing, and perhaps a touchdown despite a highly unfavorable matchup and conditions at TCF Bank Stadium. It's bad news, of course, for Vikings pass catchers. Dec. 15 - 7:30 pm et

Also this from yahoo:

Webb is still dealing with a hamstring injury, head coach Leslie Frazier told KFAN 1130 am Minneapolis. Frazier added that Webb would start this week if he's healthy and Tarvaris Jackson (turf toe) and Brett Favre (shoulder) can't play.

Recommendation: Webb hurt his hamstring two weeks ago and it sounds like he aggravated the injury in Monday's loss to the Giants. With all three quarterbacks uncertain for this week, the Vikings signed quarterback Patrick Ramsey on Wednesday.

(Rotowire.com)

He's a hell of an athlete. Ran low 4.4 40yd dash, benched 20+ reps of 225, 40+ inch vert, 11 1/2 ft broad jump. Eye-popping numbers!! good open field runner. If he starts he'll prob be good for maybe 120yds passing (conservative gameplan) and maybe 30-40 yds on the ground? subtract for the inevitable INT and few sacks? if he gets in the endzone himself or throws a TD that's double digits from a WR spot. i doubt he's significantly worse than the likes of jackson or someone like a jimmy clausen at tossing the rock. you could do much worse for a flex or something in a deep league.

couple good runs from preseason:

in the limited action i saw him vs the Giants the kid has a canon arm. He threw an out pattern at the end of the game that had to be going 80mph. personally though, i don't think i'd do it. depending on your league scoring setup you could also be losing points for sacks, yrds lost to sack, interceptions and fumbles...most of which WR's don't get on a regular basis.

however, i commend the op for original thinking!

I do wonder if we are overhyping this potential play though.

After all T. Jax put up 2.3 in his last start. What's our reason to think that Webb gets it done any better vs Chicago in his first start? (if he does)

I am out of waiver moves in my league. However a friend of mine is not and I don't play him this week, so I informed him of the situation, and he picked up Webb. He has Bennett, so .... just like this post says, he can wait and see who plays. I have Rice, and am now thinking of benching him for OG Steve Smiff.

That being said, if you have a waiver move to make, and you can prevent another player from making this move, it makes sense to grab him in Yahoo leagues.At least as a defensive move.

And THAT being said, if you play him and win a playoff game because of it ... you gotta expect some flack.

I am out of waiver moves in my league. However a friend of mine is not and I don't play him this week, so I informed him of the situation, and he picked up Webb. He has Bennett, so .... just like this post says, he can wait and see who plays. I have Rice, and am now thinking of benching him for OG Steve Smiff.

That being said, if you have a waiver move to make, and you can prevent another player from making this move, it makes sense to grab him in Yahoo leagues.At least as a defensive move.

And THAT being said, if you play him and win a playoff game because of it ... you gotta expect some flack.

I picked him up in 2 yahoo leagues. I feel dirty starting him at WR3. The one guy is a good friend. I have this feeling it is shady and the fantasy gods will make me loose.

Hmmm........ $$$$$$ is money!!

Yahoo is projecting Webb with 8 passing yards and 16 rushing, for a grand total of 1.92 points. :shocking:

Yahoo projections are always suck

I gave up Yahoo BS long time ago but i told some buddies that still play there and they grabbed him. Not very good matchup but still rather not let someone else get him and he get lucky and have 250 yards and 3 TDs

I'm obsessing bigtime on this decision. Snagged Joe "Spider" Webb and picked up Earl Bennett as game time insurance to start for me at WR. Yahoo league so he's WR/QB eligible and..and..1 Point Per Completion settings, QB's score huge in this league.

Currently have Webb plugged in at WR over Vincent Jackson with Earl Bennett ready to step in if Patrick Ramsey or Tavaris or Texter are somehow put in as Starting QB..errrrrr I mean WR. Yeah, that's it he's a WR, lol.

\

Currently have Webb plugged in at WR over Vincent Jackson

I am not sure that this is a great idea IMO. If Floyd is limited as suggested, VJ could go off at home against a suspect SF defense.

Anyway.....happy debating.

I am not sure that this is a great idea IMO. If Floyd is limited as suggested, VJ could go off at home against a suspect SF defense.

Anyway.....happy debating.

Captain Munnerlyn ... in the Library .... with the wrench.