Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

How about now??? Now is it an exciting time to be a Ducks fan?

Thanks for the bump. It's always a good time to be a Seahawk fan.

Wouldn't be caught dead in any other jersey.

I do miss those wads who never stopped making fools of themselves

Whatever happened to Flahawker he was the best

Hawkers been longtime banned now, I'm not even sure what for. I think it was a political fight on the main board, but not sure.

Is it still an exciting time?

......gettin there

Hawkers been longtime banned now, I'm not even sure what for. I think it was a political fight on the main board, but not sure.

Not shocked at that

That window closes fast in the NFL.

This team will be in the playoffs for years to come still. Not sure what closed?

Not quite as exciting now is it?

Did you watch the game? It was very exciting. When your down by 5 scores, then you battle back and it comes down to an onside kick.

It doesn't get any more exciting or nerve racking than that.

Can't wait for next year.

Hawks crapped the bed. At least no one has to hear you defend your beloved towel wavers anymore either. :)

That Fla dude was a bit over the top/aggressive on occasion...l'll give you that.

Did you watch the game? It was very exciting. When your down by 5 scores, then you battle back and it comes down to an onside kick.

It doesn't get any more exciting or nerve racking than that.

Can't wait for next year.

And until then they can sign up for some exciting tee times.

This team will be in the playoffs for years to come still. Not sure what closed?

Good luck trying to pay and keep all those defensive stars.

You seem like you know more than me so maybe you can help me out.

Who is a free agent defensive star we need to resign?

Much respect to the Hawks for the fight they showed. At 31-0 it would have been easy to just roll-over. No quit in those boys...

This isn't 2014. Rubin and Mabane are about the only guys they need to figure out. Lane wont be missed. Main concern is Okung and shoring up the OLine. That's big. If that gets done the team will be competing for NFC #1 seed again.

This isn't 2014. Rubin and Mabane are about the only guys they need to figure out. Lane wont be missed. Main concern is Okung and shoring up the OLine. That's big. If that gets done the team will be competing for NFC #1 seed again.

No - Lane is the only guy they should be worried about losing IMO! (And keeping Kam & Bennett happy)

Then Kearse

Everybody else doesn't matter. Our Oline sucks so none of those guy's are a priority. However, I would like to keep Lewis and Sweezy.

The Dline Tackles are not all that great either. Mebane and Rubin are old. No stars there.

Irvin, Lynch, Okung should be the first 3 to go.

Draft Oline, Dline, and a fing OLB that can cover TE's well, and another corner for sure.

Then work on off and def schemes since teams have caught onto us now.

We should get out of all the Zone stuff on Def and blitz way more. And open up the offense with quick-fast plays like before the playoff's started. (i.e. copy NE)

Basically - Both Off & Def. Cord./Game plan needs improving and updating IMO. Even Pete needs to take a hard look at what's NOT working, instead of ONLY looking at the positive.

On O, I'm keeping Sweezy and Kearse. On D, I'm keeping Lane.

Everyone else is expendable. Either old like Mebane and Rubin, injury prone and not worth top dollar like Okung, a pain in the @ss like Irvin. Or just a much cheaper replacement already in place, as is the case with Lynch.

I also don't think those top 3 for me will have a big market, or want to leave either.

Bennett and Kam are both under contract, and nothing will change there. Maybe just moving money around to give them more up front. But both are getting paid decently from deals they recently signed, so neither guy has great leverage.

The main question for Seattle will be the Lynch contract. The guy is gone, but how is he gone? Their won't be a trade market for him, so he either has to be cut, or he has to retire.

If he retires we save around 12 mil. If he's cut, we'll save about 6 mil. I believe are the numbers.

On O, I'm keeping Sweezy and Kearse. On D, I'm keeping Lane.

Everyone else is expendable. Either old like Mebane and Rubin, injury prone and not worth top dollar like Okung, a pain in the @ss like Irvin. Or just a much cheaper replacement already in place, as is the case with Lynch.

I also don't think those top 3 for me will have a big market, or want to leave either.

Bennett and Kam are both under contract, and nothing will change there. Maybe just moving money around to give them more up front. But both are getting paid decently from deals they recently signed, so neither guy has great leverage.

The main question for Seattle will be the Lynch contract. The guy is gone, but how is he gone? Their won't be a trade market for him, so he either has to be cut, or he has to retire.

If he retires we save around 12 mil. If he's cut, we'll save about 6 mil. I believe are the numbers.

Yeah, I agree with ALL of that 100%.

For me Lane is priority #1 of those top 3.

I think re-signing the defensive free agents is the priority, even as bad as the O-line was. In theory, continuity on the O-line is great, but when your O-line crapped the bed for much of the season, why not roll the dice?

My priority re-signings are:

1) Lane. The Cary Williams fiasco showed the importance of having enough DBs who can stay with the scheme and be counted on to be in the right place each time. We no longer have the depth at DB we once had. Lots of positives supposedly around Tye Smith, but we haven't really seen what he can do.

2) Rubin. The guy is a fire hydrant in the middle of the field and did a fantastic job bottling up other teams' interior run games. Aside from the 1st play of the game, when KJ Wright took a bad angle and Earl slipped, we didn't do all that badly on the Panthers' running game. We don't know whether we can count on Jordan Hill to be healthy (alarmingly, he is looking like the 2nd coming of Marcus Tubbs...fantastic player who could not stay on the field). Rubin is 29 so I see him as a higher priority than Mebane, who is 31.

3) Mebane. He's 31 years old. Enough said. As part of a rotation? Sure.

4) Patrick Lewis. The line's performance improved considerably after he took over for Nowak.

5) Okung, assuming a not-break-the-bank deal. Still the best offensive lineman on the team, at the most important position.

6) Irvin.

7) Sweezy.

I think this is the full list of FAs, although I could be missing someone. I definitely think we need extensions for Kearse and Baldwin, along with Shead. Bennett is a year away from a renewal but he too is worth extending early.

My Rank:
1. Lane - A must sign!

2. Kearse - IF he comes at a reasonable price/other teams don't outbid on him then I think we need to bring him back.

3. Sweezy - I thinks he's the best on the line.

4. Lewis - He helped our Oline big time. Might be ahead of Sweezy, but he's not a guy I think we want to start for us. (Too short)

5. Rubin - I would like to move Bennett in the middle more and get a true DE speed rush. I also think our DT's need improvement anyway.

6. Punter - Pretty good punter. I'd like to keep him.

7. Okung - Probably to high also for his injury history. He's getting up there. This is the most important position, but has to be a good deal.

8. Mebane - Maybe if he's real cheap and we can't bring back Rubin.

9. Irvin - I'm not a big Irvin fan and I think he'll be to expensive anyway. I'd like to see us draft a true "LB & coverage LB" and replacement.

10. Lynch - Retire (It's been a nice ride!)

All others are just roster fill in's.

Note: I really think they should make Bennett and Kam happy some how also if possible? Not sure how though without setting a bad trend.

Did anyone see this new article from a Seahawk fanbase bashing Cam... AGAIN?

The continuous ripping of Cam looks uneducated on the fact that Lynch and Sherman are on your team and also is the sourest of grapes.

Marshawn grabs his nuts (twice), no Seahawks fans wrote a editorial about it and bad sportsmanship.

Sherman disrespected a players by yelling into the TV Camera, no Seahawks fans wrote about it in disgust.

Seahawks fans, just shut up. You are quickly becoming the easiest fanbase to dislike and thats tough as long as a team is in Philly.

Did anyone see this new article from a Seahawk fanbase bashing Cam... AGAIN?

The continuous ripping of Cam looks uneducated on the fact that Lynch and Sherman are on your team and also is the sourest of grapes.

Marshawn grabs his nuts (twice), no Seahawks fans wrote a editorial about it and bad sportsmanship.

Sherman disrespected a players by yelling into the TV Camera, no Seahawks fans wrote about it in disgust.

Seahawks fans, just shut up. You are quickly becoming the easiest fanbase to dislike and thats tough as long as a team is in Philly.

Our State has 7 million+ people and you want to group this stupid thing on our entire fan base? There are stupid people all over the world and the person that started this is just another one of them. What's crazy is why this is making news and getting publicity all over the place? Sad!

I think only 700 other idiots have signed it.

Our State has 7 million+ people and you want to group this stupid thing on our entire fan base? There are stupid people all over the world and the person that started this is just another one of them. What's crazy is why this is making news and getting publicity all over the place? Sad!

No, but you do not see Cardinals fans crying about Cam in a manner like this.

Where was the outrage when Doug Baldwin made believe he was taking a dump with the ball in the Super Bowl?

No, but you do not see Cardinals fans crying about Cam in a manner like this.

Cam didn't throw a cardinals flag on the ground like trash so it's not a fair comparison. I'm a Hawks fan and I dislike Cam just for the Superman/Dab/go crazy after every good play. It obviously annoys defenders as they have done it back to him after they sack him. I certainly respect Cam's talent and play on the field this year.

That being said, I don't know why anyone would write a negative letter or petition against Cam. That is pure idiocy but there are fans fitting that bill for every team.

Lynch did his crotch grab thing after two of the best runs in football history. Most of the time his TD celebration is to shake everyone's hand. Sherman went nuts once on Crabtree and that was over the top but due to a history of Crabtree disrespecting him off the field and a giant emotional moment when he had just abused Crabtree on the field. Other than that I don't see why people would have anything against him.

Where was the outrage when Doug Baldwin made believe he was taking a dump with the ball in the Super Bowl?

That was the dumbest celebration ever. If they had won I think it would've been a bigger deal. The ending was all anyone talked about.

Thanks for the memories Lynch. Beast Mode sure was alot of fun, and 1 hell of a ride.

• Like 1

I keep hearing about the more pass focused offense. I guess this makes sense with Lynch gone but they have a decent stable of backs apparently. Is this real? Should we expect higher scoring games?

It's an exciting time to be Russell Wilson, running for his life behind the worst offensive line in football.

It's an exciting time to be Russell Wilson, running for his life behind the worst offensive line in football.

The Rams and Eagles may not agree with that.

I keep hearing about the more pass focused offense. I guess this makes sense with Lynch gone but they have a decent stable of backs apparently. Is this real? Should we expect higher scoring games?

I think we may pass slightly more than previous years but I still see us as controlling time of possession with our run game.

Seahawks line is being patched together on the move during the preseason. The run blocking is coming together much faster than the pass protection. They passed last year because the running game was inconsistant. Carroll will do his best to run run run.

Seahawks line is being patched together on the move during the preseason. The run blocking is coming together much faster than the pass protection. They passed last year because the running game was inconsistant. Carroll will do his best to run run run.

After 2 games so far, I'm really digging the interior. The tackles still concern me a little. But I'm really liking Glowinski, Britt and Ifedi at LG, C, and RG. If it works out with those 3, their all young and they could be good together for a really long time. Glowinski is a 2nd year guy, Britt a third year player, and Ifedi was our first rounder this year.