Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

Well a tough, but expected, loss yesterday. I think TJAX clearly showed that depsite showing fl;ashes here and there, he is what he is: A journeyman at best. Yes at 2-6 we are slowly moving back in the hunt for Luck! Looking at the 2nd half schedule, I see a 4-12 or 5-11 finish. Not sure if that will be good enough for one of the top guys at QB.

Positives:

The O-Line played real well yesterday both in terms of run blocking and protecting the QB.

Marshawn Lynch showed he is serviceable, but he has ZERO big play potential.

Richard Sherman looks like he has playmaker abilities.

Negatives:

The Defense was bad yesterday--no pass rush whtasoever.

TJAX--horrible

It is indeed exciting watching some of these young guys grow into NFL players. I am not the biggest Pete Carroll fan, never have been, but I kinda like what he is trying to do both on offense and defense. Will he be able to see it through? Time will tell. But there is a young core here and with a top 10 pick next year and another strong FA class, this looks like a team on the rise.

I wonder if Raiderfan still thinks they stole Curry from us :lol:

On Willis McGahees 60-yard touchdown run in the third quarter Sunday, there was one of the biggest holes you will ever see in a football game. Defensive tackles Tommy Kelly and John Henderson got pushed off the line of scrimmage, and left outside linebacker Kamerion Wimbley acually did the right thing and stayed home in case Tim Tebow kept the ball.

The problem was that middle linebacker Darryl Blackstock was slow to react and got lost in the sea of bodies on the left side. The bigger problem was that right next to Blackstock, outside linebacker Aaron Curry fired off and went straight for a blocker on the right side of the line, leaving the huge opening for McGahee to spring through untouched.

Curry, who has now been on the Raiders for three games, and coach Hue Jackson have been saying how great its been to just have Curry run around and make plays. But instincts would be nice, and Currys trouble with identifying things on the field is one of the reasons he got benched and almost cut in Seattle. The Raiders traded late picks to get the former No. 4 overall pick on Oct. 13.

The thread that keeps on giving. 25 pages dedicated to a horrible team, in a horrible division, with a coach who's in way over his head. Priceless internet lulz galore...

The thread that keeps on giving. 25 pages dedicated to a horrible team, in a horrible division, with a coach who's in way over his head. Priceless internet lulz galore...

It's also a great way to identify trolls, douchebags, dynasty chasers and just your plain ol run of the mill arseholes. And some fit in several categories. Thanks for identifying yourself! :thumbsup:

It's also a great way to identify trolls, douchebags, dynasty chasers and just your plain ol run of the mill arseholes. And some fit in several categories. Thanks for identifying yourself! :thumbsup:

name calling from the biggest D-bag on the board...only one word for that:

EXCITING!!!

name calling from the biggest D-bag on the board...only one word for that:

EXCITING!!!

Haha, I know right. Being called a troll by the forum Don Quixote... The end must be near. :overhead:

Does Carroll give this kid a shot at some point this year? It would be nice to see what he can do when the bullets are flying for real.

Josh Portis

I don't see why not. It's pointless giving Whitehurst any reps from here on. Portis has more future then his clown ass.

I have said it before but it would be real sweet if there where threads on other NFL teams run by the homers so we could get some good insight and hopefully a bit ahead of ESPN/Fox sports, you know something actually useful for FF and the teams fans.

It will probably never happen simply because everyone on the board can see people come into our team thread and grief us for being fans of our team no matter what. Why would anyone right a team thread with so much blatant trolling going on? The trolls seem to think that unless your team is leading the division or in the playoffs it doesnt matter, and thats the kind of front running band wagon fans we all hate the most.

It's a pity especially since the ones trolling in this thread generally have some great insight in most other threads, but its hard to take them seriously or give their info and opinions the benefit of the doubt after they show such stupidity. Oh well its the internet, thanks for making us all just a little bit dumber with your useless posts. :thumbsup:

Grown man using "lulz"

:rolleyes:

I have said it before but it would be real sweet if there where threads on other NFL teams run by the homers so we could get some good insight and hopefully a bit ahead of ESPN/Fox sports, you know something actually useful for FF and the teams fans.

It will probably never happen simply because everyone on the board can see people come into our team thread and grief us for being fans of our team no matter what. Why would anyone right a team thread with so much blatant trolling going on? The trolls seem to think that unless your team is leading the division or in the playoffs it doesnt matter, and thats the kind of front running band wagon fans we all hate the most.

It's a pity especially since the ones trolling in this thread generally have some great insight in most other threads, but its hard to take them seriously or give their info and opinions the benefit of the doubt after they show such stupidity. Oh well its the internet, thanks for making us all just a little bit dumber with your useless posts. :thumbsup:

+1

Far too articulate for the parties your message was intended for. They'll just skim the first paragraph and and reply

OH ITS EXCITING!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The funniest part about the trolls is that if you go back at them for coming in here and dropping their dung, then you are at fault. They should be allowed to crap on your team without anyone saying a word. :wacko:

Ok Sweetness.

At least he's not a bandwagon wh0re

I'm sure sweetness-light will run back in here, apologize, and then delete. That turd is not worth the time of day. But his obsession for me is cute :wub:

Far too articulate for the parties your message was intended for. They'll just skim the first paragraph and and reply

OH ITS EXCITING!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Joey, and at the end of thday, isn't that the issue? These idiots have a problem with the word exciting. These dynasty chasers can't imagine that fans can be excited about a team that they didn't see in the Super Bowl the year before. Amazing how the word exciting can bring out the true colors in people. ;)

Hey Kopy, this is for you:

Robert Griffin!

This kid definitely intrigues me if we are not in a position for Luck.

Good read. I'm definitaly all aboard the train.

I really like the fact that. Although we're having a bad year. It was expected, and you can see this offense improving every game.

Having a stud QB out there with them seems to be the only thing we're missing at this point.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Sho Nuff . View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by jgcrawfish . View it anyway?

Hmmm no middle finger emoticon, oh well.

Good read. I'm definitaly all aboard the train.

I really like the fact that. Although we're having a bad year. It was expected, and you can see this offense improving every game.

Having a stud QB out there with them seems to be the only thing we're missing at this point.

Yea little bits of improvement here and there. Carpenter doesn't stand out as a huge liablilty any more, even though he is still green, and Moffitt has played pretty well all year. Gallery has been a huge disappointment. That being said, it is clear if we had competent QB play we could be at least 5-3 in stead of 2-6. Hopefully, next April solves the QB issue.

This is SO EXCITING. A piece of shiat team that has 30 years of ugly football written all over it. We are getting close to having TV blackouts just like the early Holmgren years, when Hasselbeck was benched. I remember those years very well in the Pacific NW.

At least these sorry souls have the Mariners to look fwd to....oh wait, Go Sounders!

Meanwhile, the Bears win 3 in a row and have beaten every wild card contender (Falcons; Bucs; Eagles) except Detroit, which I expect they will beat this week. Ho hum.....business as usual for teams that matter in the NFL. OTOH the team in the worst division in football is 5 games behind a team with Alex Smith as their QB....what a focking joke! But it is VERY EXCITING .... cannot wait to pound these clowns later this year. Just like the playoff game last year, the game between the Bears and Seahags will be over in 1 quarter.

This is SO EXCITING. A piece of shiat team that has 30 years of ugly football written all over it. We are getting close to having TV blackouts just like the early Holmgren years, when Hasselbeck was benched. I remember those years very well in the Pacific NW.

At least these sorry souls have the Mariners to look fwd to....oh wait, Go Sounders!

Meanwhile, the Bears win 3 in a row and have beaten every wild card contender (Falcons; Bucs; Eagles) except Detroit, which I expect they will beat this week. Ho hum.....business as usual for teams that matter in the NFL. OTOH the team in the worst division in football is 5 games behind a team with Alex Smith as their QB....what a focking joke! But it is VERY EXCITING .... cannot wait to pound these clowns later this year. Just like the playoff game last year, the game between the Bears and Seahags will be over in 1 quarter.

The Bears are competent this year. I can't predict Seattle will beat them but I can predict you'll be MIA around here if they do. :lol:

Dude, Earl WTF are you doing?!?! SURE fire INT. Such a Seahawk thing to happen :(

Dickson is kicking our ass too. In all the Ravens games I've watched this year, Flacco sucked ass so I havent gotten a chance to see him in action. He's good.

1st halftime lead of the season :lol:

It should be 19-0. It's still far from a sure thing, but like Dierdorff said, its good to see a team of young kids going toe to toe with a physical team like Baltimore.

It was nice watching Lynch completely break the will of the Ravens defense at the end there. I'm glad all the wiggas wearing their Raven's hats sideways got to watch their team lay down like that.

Frustrating game to watch. The penalties were ridiculous, and completely unacceptable, even for a young team. This game SHOULD have been a blowout. Baltimore's offense consisted of boneheaded yellow flags on Seattle's part. Pete has them fired up and playing hard but they need to keep their heads in it. I was SHOCKED we are only the 2nd most penalized team in the league.

Moffitt, Rice, Baldwin and Chanceller getting hurt was brutal. Moffitt's injury was disgusting and I hope it isn't as serious as it looked. 3 concussions to good young players sucks too. Frenchie filled in pretty well.

Tavaris made some beautiful throws and his smart plays outweighed the bad.

Joe Flacco is merely an above-average quarterback.

Richard Sherman doesn't play like a rookie.

I don't care how it happens, a win over the Ravens is still something to be proud of.

I'm really proud of you Seahawk fans. You have managed to keep a thread alive for about fifteen years now for a team that has never done anything outside of having the greatest white wide receiver ever.

Okay, just kidding, I do miss the days of Dave Kreig chucking the ball all over. Kreig, Warner, Largent, Turner and of course....Franco Harris! Oh the glory years.

I'm really proud of you Seahawk fans. You have managed to keep a thread alive for about fifteen years now for a team that has never done anything outside of having the greatest white wide receiver ever.

Okay, just kidding, I do miss the days of Dave Kreig chucking the ball all over. Kreig, Warner, Largent, Turner and of course....Franco Harris! Oh the glory years.

I remember the tail end of the Kreig/Largent years. I didn't start watching football coherently until Mirer's rookie season...I think I was 11.

There is a win to be excited about. Too bad it just ensures you do not get Luck for good now and it means more misery for a lot of years. Oh, and the Bears beat the snot out of the Lions and are now firmly on track for another playoff appearance. :overhead:

and of course....Franco Harris! Oh the glory years.

:nono: I don't care what this history books say...that NEVER happened!

So, with Washington on deck and some winnable games beyond that, guess who has two thumbs and took a peek at the NFC standing to get an idea of the playoff picture? This guy. :doublethumbsup:

We do have a couple of key wins head to head vs teams we will be in competition in (NY Giants). Just saying. Two key games with Philadelphia and Chicago to go. Just saying. 6 games to go.

:unsure: