Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

The NBA owners are so going to destroy the players its not even funny. The funny thing is its about the owners themselves overspending themselves out of competitiveness who want protection from themselves. Sad fact but when the 100millionaires face off against the millionares the "poor" guy usually loses.

I saw OU/FSU game earlier in the season and Landry looked horrible, now he beats up on a bad Texas team and we are supposed to buy off on him being a top 10 pick? No thank you, Luck or a developmental guy in the 2nd and a stud corner/Dlineman in the first would be my preference at this point. We could actually use another LB too damn it. We definitely need to get a QB out of this draft to be the future of the franchise though.

One more random thought, is anyone else completely dismayed by the thought, "I hope Tavaris Jackson isn't hurt too badly, he was looking good out there and the team was responding." Never in a million years would I ever have considered it, I really thought it was Carrolls way of quietly going about suck for Luck. He could bag Tavaris/Bevell and start fresh without losing the team. I am genuinely pulling for Tavaris, after all the crap he had to put up from the media, favre it was nice to see him growing as a QB.

I see Jones as more of a round 3 guy myself.

:dunno:

Not surprising, his back has been a problem all season so far. Dude might be getting towards the end.

More PT for the youngsters who haven't been bad. Lewis should be back in the next couple weeks so that should help. Not like you really need strong secondary play against the Browns anyways.

How much worse can this team get? I guess they can....enjoy winning 6 games, not getting a real franchise QB and still sucking in the worst division in the NFL. So exciting :overhead:

So...the Bears have the same amount of losses as Seattle, the same record percentage in the conference standings. Well, nothing makes Seattle fans happier than watching Tim Ruskell destroy another franchise. Hey, lookie there. Somebody just looked at Jay Cutler mean. He just benched himself. Again. :shocking:

I can't believe I'm seriously attempting conversation in the seahag thread, but here goes...

What do ya'll think of the kid from Baylor? The kid from OK State? They both look like reasonable QB prospects...

How much worse can this team get? I guess they can....enjoy winning 6 games, not getting a real franchise QB and still sucking in the worst division in the NFL. So exciting :overhead:

why do you post here but never in the many Packer threads that you started and got smacked down in??? :dunno:

Don't you think that's cowardly? :lol:

I think my comment that Sweetness was retarded was deleted. Seriously? I can't call that retard a "retard"? He is mentally damaged. A burden to his family. The IQ of a bowl of oatmeal. Classic definition of a retard. This site needs a filter so that whenever anybody types in "Sweetness_34", the word is automatically changed to "retard".

Goodness Gracious. Jumping Jehosophat. :rolleyes:

I can't believe I'm seriously attempting conversation in the seahag thread, but here goes...

What do ya'll think of the kid from Baylor? The kid from OK State? They both look like reasonable QB prospects...

RGIII is tearing it up for the Baylor Bears. After Texas A&M beat them this past week, the Aggies Coach was off-the-charts complimentary of Griffin. He said that he told Griffin that "if you're #3 in the nation, I don't even want to see what #1 and #2 are like" and raved about his accuracy. He's pretty much the QB talk of the not-so-Big 12 right now. Throws a really nice deep ball. Weedon is a different ballgame altogether. I saw him first hand in the Alamo Bowl last year and he was calm and composed. He's very accurate and very mature. But there are definitely some drawbacks to drafting a "kid" who is 28 yrs old. Yeah, he's got low football mileage on tires, but he's still gonna turn 30 in his 2nd season. If the Cowboys stay undefeated then take out Oklahoma, the Weedon hype train will probably be too full to accept any more riders.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Sweetness_34 . View it anyway?

See d-bag, here's the thing...in order to even quote it, you have to open it...which kinda defeats the purpose of ignoring, right? :rolleyes:

RGIII is tearing it up for the Baylor Bears. After Texas A&M beat them this past week, the Aggies Coach was off-the-charts complimentary of Griffin. He said that he told Griffin that "if you're #3 in the nation, I don't even want to see what #1 and #2 are like" and raved about his accuracy. He's pretty much the QB talk of the not-so-Big 12 right now. Throws a really nice deep ball. Weedon is a different ballgame altogether. I saw him first hand in the Alamo Bowl last year and he was calm and composed. He's very accurate and very mature. But there are definitely some drawbacks to drafting a "kid" who is 28 yrs old. Yeah, he's got low football mileage on tires, but he's still gonna turn 30 in his 2nd season. If the Cowboys stay undefeated then take out Oklahoma, the Weedon hype train will probably be too full to accept any more riders.

" I don't know if it's just the age thing that I get hung up on. But I'm meh on the kid. Chris Weinke type guy to me." - Kopy

See d-bag, here's the thing...in order to even quote it, you have to open it...which kinda defeats the purpose of ignoring, right? :rolleyes:

Now ladies. :argue:

Hey, the Bears must have won a game! He'll disappear for good when Seattle rapes the Bears later in the year.

LOL Sweetness drops by and then his troll followers come running in. Oh and Jgclownfish I cut and paste without opening the post. Some focking IT guy you are. No wonder you got shite canned.

PS--I read your comments from Kopy's quote. :lol:

LOL Sweetness drops by and then his troll followers come running in. Oh and Jgclownfish I cut and paste without opening the post. Some focking IT guy you are. No wonder you got shite canned.

PS--I read your comments from Kopy's quote. :lol:

:ninja:

ninja

Griffin's powerful arm, legs back the quarterback's words

By DAVID HARRISSaturday, October 15, 2011 12:51 AM At Big 12 media days in July, Robert Griffin III sat comfortably in his wooden chair. Surrounded by reporters from various outlets, he smiled at certain questions, laughed at others.

But when asked how good he, in fact, is, Griffin sternly looked the reporter square in the eyes and gave an honest, candid response.

"I can run with the best of them," he said. "I can throw with the best of them."

He wasn't lying. And if the 2011 season is any indication, he may have short-changed himself.

In leading upstart Baylor to a 4-1 start, Griffin has put himself firmly in the discussion for college football's most esteemed award.

"I think he's a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate," defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter said. "He affects the game and is as important to his team as anyone in the country."

His prowess in the running game is well chronicled. A track standout, Griffin's speed sets him apart from most quarterbacks. Those who were in Waco in 2010 during the Aggies' 42-30 victory can attest to that.

"The one that sticks out in my head is the one he hit against us last year," coach Mike Sherman said.

On the first play of Baylor's second drive, he faked the underneath hand-off to running back Jay Finley and darted through the middle of the Aggie defense, out-running the A&M secondary for a 71-yard touchdown.

When on the move, Griffin is a blur. But in 2011, his game has taken on a transformation of sorts. Sure, he still beats teams on the ground, rushing for 280 yards and two touchdowns thus far. However, his improvement in the passing game has turned Griffin into a complete quarterback -- making him even more dangerous.

"Anytime the ball is in his hands," Sherman said, "he can throw for a touchdown or run for a touchdown."

Need proof? Griffin is averaging 10.7 yards per completion, ranking him second in the nation. He leads the country with 19 passing touchdowns -- he threw 22 during the entire 2010 campaign. And he leads the nation, responsible for 126 of his team's points.

"He can throw the ball and run the ball, and that's what makes him such great player," A&M cornerback Terrence Frederick said.

For DeRuyter and the maligned Aggie pass defense, Saturday is just another test. But it may be the toughest to date. And the all-important question is how does a coordinator gameplan to contain such a unique talent?

"I'd probably make a call to the 303 area code and try and get No. 40 [Von Miller] back here," DeRuyter joked.

Miller's eligibility has, of course, run out. But the idea of having a linebacker key on Griffin is one that was used to limit his effectiveness in 2010. Sean Porter and Miller took turns following No. 10. And DeRuyter said the unenviable task will, again, fall on Porter's shoulders.

But other than mirroring his every movement, DeRuyter knows it's essential for the pass rush that came through against Texas Tech -- to the tune of three sacks and four hurries -- to consistently make Griffin feel uncomfortable.

"I think you have to do something to disrupt him," he said. "When he's comfortable in the pocket he's extremely accurate."

In his fourth year, Griffin has evolved from athlete to athletic quarterback. Coaches rave about his improvement in the passing game. And because of it, one coach is willing to compare him to the game's most prolific dual-threat player.

"He's like Michael Vick," Sherman said. "You don't know what to expect."

Then, he paused, and allowed himself an addendum.

"He's more accurate, actually."

I'm liking this kid more and more.

So it'll be a great time to be a Seahawks fan next year?

Every year is a great time to be a Seahawks fan.

I just picked up Baldwin (I have 3WRs on bye)..... any chance that he's not a fluke??? :thumbsup:

I just picked up Baldwin (I have 3WRs on bye)..... any chance that he's not a fluke??? :thumbsup:

Not a fluke at all--the kid has talent; however, Mike Williams has been out so I don't know what happens when BMW returns and right now the Hawk WRs are only as good as Whitehurst and TJax. If they are on, the Hawk WRs will be ok; if not, well, it can be ugly.

So it'll be a great time to be a Seahawks fan next year?

Wow another turd stops by. Go buy your Raider jersey so you can support Carson the quitter. The guy quits on your team and you support him Yep, you're an idiot. Now run along...

Not a fluke at all--the kid has talent; however, Mike Williams has been out so I don't know what happens when BMW returns and right now the Hawk WRs are only as good as Whitehurst and TJax. If they are on, the Hawk WRs will be ok; if not, well, it can be ugly.

Thanks

mostly just need him this week... but if he could develop into something I would be estatic :pointstosky:

For a rebuilding team to be 2-3 it is somewhat of a mixed bag. :(

On the one hand I like how competitive the team is and we can probably finish close to .500, which is good for a rebuilding year and especially after you look at our schedule. The defense is coming along nicely, and the offensive line is improving every week, I think we have the makings of a potentially elite O-line. With Zach Miller, Sidney Rice we have some established stars on offense, and the complimentary pieces of Lynch/Washington/BMW/Baldwin all look above average too.

On the other hand, we desperately need a franchise QB, this years draft looks to have several quality prospects and we might win just enough games to take us out of the running for a top draft pick.

Add in that we have been in everygame this season except for the Steelers game (the 49ers game got out of hand late with 2 kick returns for TD's, ugly special teams this year no way to dress that up). We were making a modest come back in the 49er game, a tremendous comeback against Atlanta that fell 10yds short and there is real reason to be EXCITED if your a Seahawks fan. The team has been very competitive and showed more toughness and heart than several other squads in recent years.

The win over the Giants cannot be overstated, Seattle had lost 10 early start east coast games in a row and we finally came back and pulled out a win on the road. Its a good sign for the future.

For a rebuilding team to be 2-3 it is somewhat of a mixed bag. :(

On the one hand I like how competitive the team is and we can probably finish close to .500, which is good for a rebuilding year and especially after you look at our schedule. The defense is coming along nicely, and the offensive line is improving every week, I think we have the makings of a potentially elite O-line. With Zach Miller, Sidney Rice we have some established stars on offense, and the complimentary pieces of Lynch/Washington/BMW/Baldwin all look above average too.

On the other hand, we desperately need a franchise QB, this years draft looks to have several quality prospects and we might win just enough games to take us out of the running for a top draft pick.

Add in that we have been in everygame this season except for the Steelers game (the 49ers game got out of hand late with 2 kick returns for TD's, ugly special teams this year no way to dress that up). We were making a modest come back in the 49er game, a tremendous comeback against Atlanta that fell 10yds short and there is real reason to be EXCITED if your a Seahawks fan. The team has been very competitive and showed more toughness and heart than several other squads in recent years.

The win over the Giants cannot be overstated, Seattle had lost 10 early start east coast games in a row and we finally came back and pulled out a win on the road. Its a good sign for the future.

:pointstosky: :thumbsup:

I'm liking this kid more and more.

I agree. I'm glad you told me to watch this kid. I love what he does out there.

And I think what I like the most is: He was very good. Had a bad injury. Then came back and is very good again, if not better so what he does out their is no fluke.

He's right there with Luck and Moore in my book.

I'm really anxious to see the Michigan st. - Wisconsin game. I want to see how Cousins performs in this one. State's probably gonna lose by 10 to 14 is my projection. But a good game will solidify my feelings on him.

On a side note. Of my top QB's I like. Griffin might actually be the best QB for our offence because of his ability to run better than the other guys.

I'm really anxious to see the Michigan st. - Wisconsin game. I want to see how Cousins performs in this one. State's probably gonna lose by 10 to 14 is my projection. But a good game will solidify my feelings on him.

I'm off the Cousins bandwagon.

I'm off the Cousins bandwagon.

I'm really gonna use saturday to see which side of the fence I go with him.

I use the comparison of Hasselbeck and Bulger alot with him, because I see him more of a game manager. He doesn't have the upside everyone else does. He's not gonna go out and win the game. But he's got to not lose it. Kyle Orton might be another good comparison too.

He's probably gonna be a decent combine guy. So lets see him on the big stage this weekend.

tbc...

I'm really gonna use saturday to see which side of the fence I go with him.

I use the comparison of Hasselbeck and Bulger alot with him, because I see him more of a game manager. He doesn't have the upside everyone else does. He's not gonna go out and win the game. But he's got to not lose it. Kyle Orton might be another good comparison too.

He's probably gonna be a decent combine guy. So lets see him on the big stage this weekend.

tbc...

If you want a game manager, you can sign one cheap in free agency every single year. Or you hold onto Jackson and Whitehurst. That's what they are. Game managers. You many consider spending a 4th round pick or lower on a game manager type QB, but Portis looks like he has potential as a QB to develop, so I'm not even sure of that.

I'm thinking more about spending a 1st round pick on a game changing type of QB, if available. To go with Jackson/Whitehurst and Portis.

I guess I don't see much upside to Cousins. That's just me.

Red Bryant, special teams ACE!!

It's funny hearing Mora talking Red up. Never playing the guy is one of the reasons you're in the booth and not on the sidelines @sshole!

Great acting job by the DB on that Baldwin 1st down catch.

These officials are awful. Not making excuses, Seattle played like crap, but every call went against them. That roughing the passer call on the big Chancellor sack in the first half was one of the most pitiful displays off limp-d!cked officiating I've seen in years.

Who is the black, mustachioed head official? That focker has always skewered Seattle.

I never thought I'd be wishing Tavaris focking Jackson was playing. :unsure:

How do you lose a game 6-3 to the BROWNS? :unsure:

By not scoring a touchdown, mebbe? :dunno:

Great acting job by the DB on that Baldwin 1st down catch.

These officials are awful. Not making excuses, Seattle played like crap, but every call went against them. That roughing the passer call on the big Chancellor sack in the first half was one of the most pitiful displays off limp-d!cked officiating I've seen in years.

Who is the black, mustachioed head official? That focker has always skewered Seattle.

I never thought I'd be wishing Tavaris focking Jackson was playing. :unsure:

Not making excuses, but......

It's ALWAYS the officials keeping the Hawks down.

Easily the most known conspiracy in football!!

(If you're a Hawk fan)