Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

Um, no. I couldn't give a flying fock about your feelings. You've become a bitter little jack@ss like your buddies Flahawker and Phillybear. Congrats.

You're like a gnat buzzing around a bull's testicles. Go away. :wave:

:overhead:

You're like a gnat buzzing around a bull's testicles. Go away. :wave:

Um, no. I couldn't give a flying fock about your feelings. You've become a bitter little jack@ss like your buddies Flahawker and Phillybear. Congrats.

How did those world beaters, the Bears, do on Sunday. Still the best team in the league? Got some links you can post?

BEEP. BEEP. HERE COMES THE FAILDOZER.

How did those world beaters, the Bears, do on Sunday. Still the best team in the league? Got some links you can post?

BEEP. BEEP. HERE COMES THE FAILDOZER.

:lol: This is a genius post. Yes, jgclownfish is Sweetness!! It's funny this shite-for-brains always claimed he spent time in here because of me. I haven't responded to him in months and guess what? The doosh is still here. Go figure :rolleyes:

Hi Sweetness! :wave:

Yeah, I was worried about Gallery's durability before we even signed him. More playing time for younger players I guess.

:dunno:

1/3 on our big FA signings so far due to injury.

This is a genius post. Yes, jgclownfish is Sweetness!! It's funny this shite-for-brains always claimed he spent time in here because of me. I haven't responded to him in months and guess what? The doosh is still here. Go figure

:dunno:

:shocking:

:banana:

It's a nice try though, covering for the only idiot that surpasses your own stupidity.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by jgcrawfish . View it anyway?

you're creeping me out with the pet names...

:wave:

Hey Phillybear.

Been studying alot of Kirk Cousins to get a feel for him.

I think he could be a pretty good west coast offense type guy.

Kinda reminds me of a Matt Hasselbeck or a Marc Bulger type.

What are your thoughts on him?

The defense is pretty good, our trouble area is corner back we should have broke the bank for Joseph :angry: . Browner is a liability in pass protection...that could be a problem for a cornerback. On the bright side we get to hear every announcer for the entire year comment on how tall he is everytime he racks up a pass interference penalty. Shades of the Dave Krieg has small hands comments so I at least get a laugh out of it. :rolleyes:

The offensive line took a baby step forward, and then we lost Gallery. Moffit was starting to look good and then immiedately allowed a sack. Cable is going to earn his money this year.

I watched the Oklahoma/FSU game and was not impressed with Landry Jones he did not deal with the pass rush very well. He can make some pretty throws into tight spots though but he has a stud reciever that really bailed him out too.

On the bright side we get to hear every announcer for the entire year comment on how tall he is everytime he racks up a pass interference penalty. Shades of the Dave Krieg has small hands comments so I at least get a laugh out of it. :rolleyes:

:lol:

The rookies on the right side keep getting better. This should pay off huge by next season.

I'm not impressed with Arizona at all, and at home we have a solid chance of beating them. I don't think a Seattle team has ever stopped a big-time receiver in the entire history of the franchise. Fitz will have a monster day.

The defense is pretty good, our trouble area is corner back we should have broke the bank for Joseph :angry: . Browner is a liability in pass protection...that could be a problem for a cornerback.

Don't judge this 100% yet. The D line has not exactly been putting a ton of pressure on opposing QBs. Only 2 sacks thus far.

Don't judge this 100% yet. The D line has not exactly been putting a ton of pressure on opposing QBs. Only 2 sacks thus far.

Here here. Brock is the only guy that consistently gets any pressure. Might be wise to find a studly, athletic tweener to groom for the LEO this spring.

As always, Dave Boling right on the money!

It’s early, but Hawks plain stink

DAVE BOLING; STAFF WRITER

Last updated: September 20th, 2011 12:18 AM (PDT)

ReNTON – Right now, the Seattle Seahawks are awful. Historically awful.

But they’re young-awful, which makes them a little more tolerable than hopeless-awful from a fan perspective.

Considering they are one of the youngest teams in the league, the promise of improvement at least makes it easier to swallow bad performance. That also sets the 2011 edition apart from many monotonously awful predecessors.

Sixteen of the franchise’s 36 seasons have started off 0-2. The Sea-hawks have never advanced to the playoffs in a season after opening with back-to-back losses.

But from that significant pile of lousy starts, we discover that only once was the cumulative margin of loss as bad as this year’s 33-17 defeat at San Francisco and 24-0 loss at Pittsburgh.

That 40-point deficit was dwarfed by the 1997 start in which they were outscored 76-17 by the Jets and Denver – and both of those games were at home. Somehow that team managed to rally to an 8-8 finish.

But that’s the only time they’ve stumbled this badly out of the gate.

Even the 1992 low-watermark, 2-14 team was outscored by only 37 points in the opening two defeats. That team had an exceptional defense led by Cortez Kennedy, but the offense was so bereft of talent that five of the 11 starters were not even in the league the next season.

After the first two weeks this season, the Seahawks rank last in the NFL in yards, scoring and rushing. It’s an unfairly small sample size, but we’ll just throw out there that they’re on pace to break team records for being sacked and penalized, as well as scoring ineptitude.

Of course you’re going to be young and inexperienced when you turn over the roster as the Hawks have. The approach has its risks, and you have to be willing to live with growing pains. Or maybe they meant groin pains.

The news from coach Pete Carroll on Monday afternoon was that starting left guard Robert Gallery will be sidelined as he undergoes groin surgery. I didn’t have the nerve to ask what is involved in a groin surgery, but apparently it will take at least a month to six weeks to heal.

Gallery was the one veteran who was supposed to hold together the raw offensive line. But he’s played like he’s had a sore groin since he got here, which he has.

And left tackle Russell Okung has played as if he’s had a sore ankle, and the other three guys up there have played like they’re very new to the NFL. All of which are the sad circumstances that have led the team to rush for a puny 95 yards in two games and get quarterback Tarvaris Jackson sacked 10 times.

But receivers aren’t getting open even when Jackson has time and the other big free-agent addition, receiver Sidney Rice, hasn’t been there to help because of a shoulder injury.

And defensively, linebacker Aaron Curry drops a sure interception early in the game against Pittsburgh, and then fails to plug holes in the line on running plays. And cornerback Brandon Browner, another new face, looked lost at times against the Steelers’ smaller and faster receivers.

It goes on and on … issues at so many positions across the field.

Asked to triage the problems needing the most immediate treatment, Carroll listed the defense’s inability to get turnovers, and the offense’s problems converting third downs.

At least this week the Sea-hawks play at home, hosting Arizona on Sunday afternoon.

“They’re hard lessons when you get beat, but they’re lessons we’re benefiting from,” Carroll said. “We have to keep growing; we have to keep learning from everything that we’re going through so that we can get better and bank on the experiences that we’ve had.

“There’s a challenge to everybody on this team right now, myself included, that we have to find ways to improve our performance. We all have to fight to find ways to make us better and compete like crazy to do that.”

I get it: A coach can’t just come out and say, hey, yeah, I know, we’ve stunk it up.

So we end with Carroll’s truest assessment in half an hour of answering questions, which stated the painfully obvious: “We’ve got a ways to go.”

Dave Boling: 253-597-8440 Dave.boling@thenewstribune.com

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/09/20/v-printerfriendly/1831665/its-early-but-hawks-plain-stink.html#ixzz1YXLtTiOV

Dang I actually thought Curry looked better other than the dropped interception. I was actually encouraged that he might not be a bust of a high pick.

But they’re young-awful

This is the key and the one thing that provides hope for the future.

People make a big deal about The Lions finally becoming relevant, but their current regime got to rebuild around Calvin Johnson and a #1 pick when they took over. Cue another sad season and Suh comes on board with a #2 overall pick. Not trying to discredit what they've done, as they've drafted well and made some terrific signings/trades but that's three high impact players dropped right into their laps.

Carroll/Shchneider Inherited a fading Matt Hasselbeck and TJ Houshamenzadeh. They had the #6 pick in a QB-scarce draft class. They got focked by over 10 spots in the most recent draft because Mike Singletary is an awful coach, The Cards had one of the worst QB situations in recent history, and St. Louis had nobody who could catch a pass (and they possibly packed it in too).

Of course you need to be good at evaluating talent and making shrewd decisions but a little luck can go a long way. Not trying to b!tch, things go the way they go but when people say things like "Carroll is in over his head" it makes me shake my head. He and Shchneider have made the best of some undesirable situations.

I'm trying to pay close attention this year to the QB's.

Usually I'm about a 75% RB and 25% WR guy. But that's due mostly to fantasy football and my dynasty league.

So in studying the QB's. I'm still not seeing the Barkley love.

I also don't like what I see in Landry Jones. Yet???

I think Kirk Cousins is a far better prospect than both of them. I wish he had a better surrounding talent to see what he can really do.

But right now. (And I'm sure it'll change.)

But I have Moore, Luck and Cousins as 1,2,and 3.

I'm trying to pay close attention this year to the QB's.

Usually I'm about a 75% RB and 25% WR guy. But that's due mostly to fantasy football and my dynasty league.

So in studying the QB's. I'm still not seeing the Barkley love.

I also don't like what I see in Landry Jones. Yet???

I think Kirk Cousins is a far better prospect than both of them. I wish he had a better surrounding talent to see what he can really do.

But right now. (And I'm sure it'll change.)

But I have Moore, Luck and Cousins as 1,2,and 3.

Kopy--what about Robert Griffin from Baylor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3QkCbt0ys&feature=related

I definately like the kid. It's always really tough to see how those running QB's can produce in the NFL though.

Since I'm not really good at scouting QB's. A guy like him is much more difficult for me to give analysis to, than the pocket passers.

If my QB looks like a giraffe on ice when he's running I can do it. Otherwise, it's a little tough.

Phillybear would be the better guy for this. He's really good with college football on an all around level, and can judge different variables.

When I look at him. I see a guy who will pass first, then run second, unless it's a designed play. Which is really good heading into the nfl. Unless you're Vick, you can't be a run first and pass second, and be a quality pro. I also see a kid who seems comfortable in the pocket (for a crappy Baylor team) so that does say something to. Even though he can run. The Qb position doesn't seem to go to fast for him.

He seems like a much, MUCH, MMUUUCCCCHHHHH better version than his rival Denard Robinson.

Hey Phillybear.

Been studying alot of Kirk Cousins to get a feel for him.

I think he could be a pretty good west coast offense type guy.

Kinda reminds me of a Matt Hasselbeck or a Marc Bulger type.

What are your thoughts on him?

I haven't seen a Mich St game yet this year, just highlights, but that will change shortly I'm sure. I watch around 30 college games a week, minimum. I want to see the progress first hand. I think he's probably potentially draftable early, maybe not first round but second round consensus, but I don't have any final thoughts on his skill set yet. Most early draft guys have Cousins in the tier below Luck, Barkley, L Jones. Not that I'm a big fan of Jones. And Barkley is OK, which is step up from me calling him the next Sanchez bust.

I'll have to get back to you.

I definately like the kid. It's always really tough to see how those running QB's can produce in the NFL though.

Since I'm not really good at scouting QB's. A guy like him is much more difficult for me to give analysis to, than the pocket passers.

If my QB looks like a giraffe on ice when he's running I can do it. Otherwise, it's a little tough.

Phillybear would be the better guy for this. He's really good with college football on an all around level, and can judge different variables.

When I look at him. I see a guy who will pass first, then run second, unless it's a designed play. Which is really good heading into the nfl. Unless you're Vick, you can't be a run first and pass second, and be a quality pro. I also see a kid who seems comfortable in the pocket (for a crappy Baylor team) so that does say something to. Even though he can run. The Qb position doesn't seem to go to fast for him.

He seems like a much, MUCH, MMUUUCCCCHHHHH better version than his rival Denard Robinson.

Griffin is a good college QB that has battled back from injury to get to a good level. A huge asterisk is that he has an outstanding stable of WRs this year, among the best in the nation. He's going to put up numbers, and since his defense sucks, he will be involved in shootouts.

I don't like very mobile QBs as a general rule of thumb. Most of them bust in the NFL. Those that do succeed are a product of being on a team with a very strong defense, i.e. Donovan McNabb, one of the least accurate passing QBs around.

Griffin is a good college QB that has battled back from injury to get to a good level. A huge asterisk is that he has an outstanding stable of WRs this year, among the best in the nation. He's going to put up numbers, and since his defense sucks, he will be involved in shootouts.

I don't like very mobile QBs as a general rule of thumb. Most of them bust in the NFL. Those that do succeed are a product of being on a team with a very strong defense, i.e. Donovan McNabb, one of the least accurate passing QBs around.

As I have stated in the past, I mainly watch SEC (Gator Alum) games when I can, but really do not see many college games (schedule issues). That being said, what is the dropoff of say a guy like Griffin or Kellen Moore to the guys being bandied about as top 10 picks? If the Hawks end up drafting top 10, is there a matt Stafford/Sam Bradford type of can't miss guy?

As I have stated in the past, I mainly watch SEC (Gator Alum) games when I can, but really do not see many college games (schedule issues). That being said, what is the dropoff of say a guy like Griffin or Kellen Moore to the guys being bandied about as top 10 picks? If the Hawks end up drafting top 10, is there a matt Stafford/Sam Bradford type of can't miss guy?

It's too soon in the process, too soon to make a line in the sand and call some definites. So many variables will come into play up to and after the combines and private workouts before the draft itself. Not to mention injuries, bad play, emerging unexpected talent...I like the QB class this year better than last years so far. And it does seem that you need a first round QB, since there is higher rate of success than later rounds, but a heavier monetary investment. I guess the rookie cap will help that situation a bit. I would not have called Stafford a "can't miss" as I thought he didn't show me much in college, but he is surrounded by a good young talented team now and is likely to do OK if he can start to stay healthy. But people can see that Shaun Hill is able to move the team on offense too when Stafford is missing, so is he really a franchise QB? I bagged on Sanchez as a non franchise QB, and the guy went #5 overall. Yikes. I haven't seem him develop yet, after this many years. Last year was an anomaly, with so many focking mediocre to below average QB prospects going in the first 40 picks. It was like avoiding a run on a position in a fantasy draft. Now, this year, we will get a good prospect if we so choose.

you guys cant honestly think the sea hawks will be picking anywhere outside of the top 3?? even in the worst division in football by a longshot they will still not win more than 4 games!!

I try to stay out of this thread and let you guys have it, but common???

you guys cant honestly think the sea hawks will be picking anywhere outside of the top 3?? even in the worst division in football by a longshot they will still not win more than 4 games!!

Then stay out of it.

To be completely nerdy I also worry about who do the Seahawks have to teach/show whoever we do draft to be the QB of the future what it means to be a pro NFL QB.

Tavaris Jackson, The Clip Board Jesus, Bevell? All I can picture is someone who stares down their receivers and gets into a lot of shampoo commercials with Polamaou and the Mathews brothers. :rolleyes:

Anything can happen. It's still early and the team is young.

Curry Benched

This just puts the stamp on it. A lot of good players in that year's draft too.

KJ Wright has shown promise at least.

They restructured his deal so hopefully they can trade this slab of crap. Someone *cough*The BEARS*cough* will be willing to give up a pick or two thinking they can get him to reach his "potential". It would be nice to Rick Mirer the Bears again though. ;)

They restructured his deal so hopefully they can trade this slab of crap. Someone *cough*The BEARS*cough* will be willing to give up a pick or two thinking they can get him to reach his "potential". It would be nice to Rick Mirer the Bears again though. ;)

That would be fantastic. I would BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brock fined for hit on The Rapist

There goes the NFL sucking up to the Rooney's again. There was nothing dirty about the play, completely circumstantial. :rolleyes:

Stand by in this thread for JG's take.

Bogus call by the league, definitely wasn't intentional and practically unavoidable. So I agree, you've still become as big a jackass as your buddies. :wave:

Brock fined for hit on The Rapist

There goes the NFL sucking up to the Rooney's again. There was nothing dirty about the play, completely circumstantial. :rolleyes:

Stand by in this thread for JG's take.

And right on cue, in runs jgclownfish. Dude is worse than Sweetness. At least Sweetness disappears for weeks at a time. This fockin moron lives in a thread of team he doesn't even root for. A pathetic 1st class doosh! :wave:

And right on cue, in runs jgclownfish. Dude is worse than Sweetness. At least Sweetness disappears for weeks at a time. This fockin moron lives in a thread of team he doesn't even root for. A pathetic 1st class doosh! :wave:

:wave: What can I say...you guys called for an appearance, so an appearance you got. You spend more time talking about me than your pathetic doosh of a team. :wave:

To be completely nerdy I also worry about who do the Seahawks have to teach/show whoever we do draft to be the QB of the future what it means to be a pro NFL QB.

Tavaris Jackson, The Clip Board Jesus, Bevell? All I can picture is someone who stares down their receivers and gets into a lot of shampoo commercials with Polamaou and the Mathews brothers. :rolleyes:

Jesus is in the last year of his deal.

And Jackson will only have 1 year left.

I'd say whoever we go with will have the rains from day 1. And hopefully he can teach himself.