Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Cutler has torn MCL

All the reports out of Chicago are that Cutler wanted to stay in, but the coaches pulled him.

Cutler is getting a raw deal, because he just is not well-liked. He has terrible mechanics and he may not be a popular guy, but saying he quit is ridiculous.

I think its a mixture of the things you said...and that they never showed anything resembling Cutler trying to get back in to the game.

And his behavior just sitting there much of the time and not having a headset on or sitting there with the photos to help the other QBs out.

Confession: Packer fan who thinks Cutler is a no-talent ass clown who looks like Harland Williams and/or a drunken frat boy douche.....

That being said.... this criticism is silly. From all accounts, Cutler is tough and wanted to be out there but couldn't be effective....

I understand Chicago fans wanting to find a scapegoat... wanting to justify this loss -- "if only Cutler wasn't such a wuss" -- but the more important bottom line is that the Packer defense has completely owned Cutler in every one of his five attempts.... Completely. Whether he was running chocolate or vanilla, playing hard or just "practicing 7-step drops for fun :lol: " the Packer defense has made him look silly five times....

Much like when the Packers concussed Kolb, it was a blessing for the opposing team.... Nobody spent 60 hours last week preparing for Caleb Hanie, no less knew who he was.... He was the only chance for Chicago in a game the Packers should have put away early....

And he provided a little spark...

Stop blaming or crying about Cutler... :thumbsdown:

We live in a mean nasty society. Just put Cutler's name on a list of hundreds of other Americans who are hated without any facts to back up the accusations. More and more Americans are becoming media zombies with no original thoughts of their own.

When did we stop being objective?

Normally an NFL televised game has the sideline reporter get the whole story. Wasn't Lovie asked what the deal with Cutler is? Is all they got for an answer is he tried to go on the stationary bike and is questionable to return?

We live in a mean nasty society. Just put Cutler's name on a list of hundreds of other Americans who are hated without any facts to back up the accusations. More and more Americans are becoming media zombies with no original thoughts of their own.

When did we stop being objective?

Absolutely bang on. Great post.

This guy was convicted and crucified before ANY facts came out. Pretty scary thought when you think about it.

This guy was convicted and crucified before ANY facts came out. Pretty scary thought when you think about it.

Maybe because he sulked like a little boy instead of remaining engaged in the game. One way or another, he quit on his team.

LIKE OJ! :mad:

How bad he was hurt, or not hurt isnt the issue. Cutler brought all this criticism on himself through his actions...his actions throughout his career, and his actions after his injury (whenever the hell that occurred). If he wasn't such an unlikeable guy, this wouldn't be an issue.

I dont care if the backlash is fair or not, and it's not like Cutler has ever cared what anybody has thought of him anyways. People look for reasons to bash an @ssh0le.

Either:

- Culter is a ###### who quit on his team, or

- Culter is a ###### who was benched for a legitimate injury, but played awfully when he was in.

I don't know which is worse... Thinking you franchise QB is a quitter or choker. Either way, he is getting bashed from fans and other players.

Either:

- Culter is a ###### who quit on his team, or

- Culter is a ###### who was benched for a legitimate injury, but played awfully when he was in and acted like a complete d!ck when he was on the sidelines.

I don't know which is worse... Thinking you franchise QB is a quitter or choker. Either way, he is getting bashed from fans and other players.

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

Shirley Sherrod thinks all this is much ado about nothing.

Seriously, what's the fallout here? Cutler had his feeling hurt. The Bears had to spend extra time defending their "franchise" QB rather than answering questions about why they suck. Nobody lost their job....nobody's house was vandalized. Nobody's life was threathened.....well, except MJD who tweeted some stupid sh!t and was threatened with literal crucifixion because of it.

Life's unfair. Cutler comes across a particular way....and he's judged by it. So is Terrell Owens and Randy Moss and Bary Bonds and Lance Armstrong and.......the list goes on. If you send off bad vibes, and people don't like you, you'll never get the benefit of the doubt. Never. That's life.

Seriously, what's the fallout here? Cutler had his feeling hurt. The Bears had to spend extra time defending their "franchise" QB rather than answering questions about why they suck. Nobody lost their job....nobody's house was vandalized. Nobody's life was threathened.....well, except MJD who tweeted some stupid sh!t and was threatened with literal crucifixion because of it.

Life's unfair. Cutler comes across a particular way....and he's judged by it. So is Terrell Owens and Randy Moss and Bary Bonds and Lance Armstrong and.......the list goes on. If you send off bad vibes, and people don't like you, you'll never get the benefit of the doubt. Never. That's life.

Just reported Jay Cutler took 2 flights of stairs rather than take an elevator. This guy is gutless bum

So because a person is not very freindly to the press or "comes off" a certain way on camera then anything goes? Folks can slander, make up stuff, ruin a reputation based on lies, or do anything they want because he's a little bit of a schmuck?

That's worse than actually being the schmuck don't you think?

I have a novel idea. Let's stick to the facts on things and not make up stuff simply because we personally don't root for a player. How about we stick to the truth and not spout off on things we don't even know about? Lets do those things instead of making up excuses as to why its okay to be a retard posting on twitter. :thumbsup:

tear, sprain, whatever: the fact is he stood on it and walked around on it for three hours on the sidelines--and didn't seem to be any pain and didn't limp even a little.

i mean, come on.

if your knee is that badly hurt...shouldn't you have it wrapped and be at least sitting down?

now i read reports saying the post-game criticism caused cutler to cry.

CRY? WTF? there's no crying in football!!

Going to have to disagree. Walter Payton cried on the sidelines after a playoff loss to the Redskins that was his final game. People suggested it to showed how much love and passion he had for the game.

So because a person is not very freindly to the press or "comes off" a certain way on camera then anything goes? Folks can slander, make up stuff, ruin a reputation based on lies, or do anything they want because he's a little bit of a schmuck?

That's worse than actually being the schmuck don't you think?

I have a novel idea. Let's stick to the facts on things and not make up stuff simply because we personally don't root for a player. How about we stick to the truth and not spout off on things we don't even know about? Lets do those things instead of making up excuses as to why its okay to be a retard posting on twitter. :thumbsup:

If we're talking about players tweeting and journalists and the like...then I absolutely agree with you.

If we're talking about the average fan, then I'll stick with what I said. People don't like Cutler. They're going to crucify him because of it. In fact, there are still folks claiming he quit on the team by not being more involved on the sideline. People don't like him and will twist whatever info is available to fit their perception of him. Is that fair or right, or even rational? No, probably not. But that's the way it is and I don't think it's gonna change.

:dunno:

Just reported Jay Cutler took 2 flights of stairs rather than take an elevator. This guy is gutless bum

Jay Cutler(notes) and girlfriend Kristin Cavallari dined at Mastro's Steakhouse on Sunday after the Bears' 21-14 loss to the Packers in the NFC championship game.

Cutler, who left the game in the third quarter with a knee injury, was not on crutches but "he limped a tiny bit," according to a source. The couple was joined by 11 other people in Mastro's private upstairs dining room, and our spies tell us that he took the stairs rather than the elevator.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jay-Cutler-took-the-stairs-to-dinner-after-NFC-c?urn=nfl-312293

:lol:

People will love to hate Cutler just because of how he looks and how he carries himself. He's a guy who is easy to hate, and doesn't have the prototypical QB body language.

That said...

Stop turning the NFL into a ###### circus or show. This isn't the WWE, people who play in the NFL aren't super heroes, or given some sort of super toughness drink. They are simply very athletic people. The NFL, and especially the NBA tries to mythologize these players into damn near demi-gods. I'm sick of it.

Bottom line, Cutler hurt himself, wasn't himself in game, the team pulled him, and the team has his back on the pull. Not only that, but Hanie almost pulled off the upset if not for that pick six, so the coaching staff clearly made the right choice in benching Cutler.

Anyone turning it into anymore than that is usually one of three people:

Bashing Cutler just because he's easy to bash

Genuinely think that every NFL player is super tough and not human

Is really bored and using the NFL as a platform to gossip and speculate like a ###### soap opera.

Why don't we turn the topic to Rodgers trying to give the Bears the game in the second half as badly as he could?

Get over it.

People will love to hate Cutler just because of how he looks and how he carries himself. He's a guy who is easy to hate, and doesn't have the prototypical QB body language.

That said...

Stop turning the NFL into a ###### circus or show. This isn't the WWE, people who play in the NFL aren't super heroes, or given some sort of super toughness drink. They are simply very athletic people. The NFL, and especially the NBA tries to mythologize these players into damn near demi-gods. I'm sick of it.

Bottom line, Cutler hurt himself, wasn't himself in game, the team pulled him, and the team has his back on the pull. Not only that, but Hanie almost pulled off the upset if not for that pick six, so the coaching staff clearly made the right choice in benching Cutler.

Anyone turning it into anymore than that is usually one of three people:

Bashing Cutler just because he's easy to bash

Genuinely think that every NFL player is super tough and not human

Is really bored and using the NFL as a platform to gossip and speculate like a ###### soap opera.

Why don't we turn the topic to Rodgers trying to give the Bears the game in the second half as badly as he could?

Get over it.

Don't fall off of that high horse...

As much as the Bears gave up for this guy, the fans have a right to expect more and to b!tch. They are not asking for super human, but they sure as heck didn't expect sub-human.

And Green Bay fans are allowed to have fun at his expense. It is entertaining and it is a rivalry.

Don't fall off of that high horse...

As much as the Bears gave up for this guy, the fans have a right to expect more and to b!tch. They are not asking for super human, but they sure as heck didn't expect sub-human.

And Green Bay fans are allowed to have fun at his expense. It is entertaining and it is a rivalry.

Have you ever torn your MCL or played in the NFL? Are you at all qualified to say that Jay for sure could have entered the game again? No, no one knows this except for Jay and the Bears training staff. There's just not enough information. I mean, you just called a QB who took his team to the NFC Championship with a terrible offensive line and average offensive weapons for performing, "sub-humanly."

If two years ago you told Bears fans you'd be in the NFC championship playing GB in 2011 after the Cutler trade, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't even of believed that kind of success was even possible.

Medial coochie ligament?

Stop turning the NFL into a ###### circus or show. This isn't the WWE,

To be fair, those in the WWE are better athletes, aren't afraid of being fined for talking, and are nicer to the fans.

I see that there is now a backlash against the Cutler haters. Well fock it, I don't care. Cutler is a piece of sh!t and he quit on his team. I'll say it for the rest of his career. You guys defend him all you want; I'm sure guys like Jeff George and Ryan Leaf had defenders as well in their day.

I think most well-knowledged fans should've known Jay Cutler for who he was when he came to Chicago - aka someone who didn't win you a fantasy championship on the Cutler to Marshall tandem, and someone who was trained on the Ratface pass attempt method when you kill you RB's and go through 10 of them.

So first off, he can suck it for that.

But INT's, and bad play, and a great season with Chicago - to see him on the field like that - awful. So hell yes, crucify him if you're a fan - and now you have this story on him taking the stairs?

He is a poosay. He was a poosay in Denver. It was proven at the WORST TIME for Bears fans.

And I hope the guy at the dealership gets a FOCKLOAD of cash for the douche firing him. Enjoy the last days of your dealership, idiot. :overhead:

I know this strays from the topic a little, but I'm trying to figure out if all this Jay Cutler talk will have ripple effects that force me to trade Stephen Davis from my dynasty team.

I know this strays from the topic a little, but I'm trying to figure out if all this Jay Cutler talk will have ripple effects that force me to trade Stephen Davis from my dynasty team.

Don't bench your studs

To be fair, those in the WWE are better athletes, aren't afraid of being fined for talking, and are nicer to the fans.

They also are essentially forced to play hurt, don't have an off-season, and seem to, as a group, have a disproportionately high degree of addiction to deal with the physical and mental stress associated with being a professional wrestler. And they are absolutely afraid of talking. HHH was buried for ages, despite his talent, for what amounts to talking in the MSG incident. Everything you see on tv is scripted, so there's no problem there. But I guarantee you if a wrestler was critical of the brand to a reporter in an interview, you'd be seeing a lot less of him on tv and in ppvs.

Guess what we found?