Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

MJD is gutless!

BS :thumbsdown:

Jones-Drew said he was rooting for Cutler and the Bears in Sundays NFC championship game, and when Cutler left in the third quarter, Jones-Drew thought it was the perfect time to poke fun at the Gators.

Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now… When the going gets tough……..QUIT, Jones-Drew posted on his Twitter page.

Jones-Drew has received death threats and plenty of ill will from Bears fans. The Bears also defended Cutler, who was diagnosed with sprained MCL on Monday.

Jones-Drew was caught off guard by the backlash.

I never attacked him, called him soft or a sore loser, Jones-Drew in a telephone interview Monday. I never questioned his toughness. I think people took my joke out of context. I was taking at shot at Florida fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuJGf5e83CP7HeZif8Wp9Q9DubYF?slug=ap-jaguars-jones-drew

Gettem' Fla - - you are damn right about this one. Talk about a guy backpeddling. He made his quotes, made even more - - now he's trying to take it back :nono: You talked the sh!t, and exactly where were you when Cutler was on the field? Oh yea, on the couch twittering your fingers away. Maybe if you showed up the first 8 games of the 2010 season, you wouldn't have been at home. Gettem Hawker :clap:

Yeah, dude needs to either stand by what he said....or....or...here's a novel idea....think before he says sh!t.

Still.....death threats? Seriously? People are focking goofy. :thumbsdown:

Twitter is a wonderful thing. It exposes stupidity. Stupid people can't help themselves from being stupid.

MJD = Epic Fail

Yeah, dude needs to either stand by what he said....or....or...here's a novel idea....think before he says sh!t.

:thumbsup: Good lord, I remember the days when a guy actually had to do something to hurt his team to get a death threat (thinking Bill Buckner or Steve Bartman). Nowadays, I guess a rogue tweet does the trick. I just hope the next time I write a column this summer or fall, I don't slip up and give bad fantasy advice :unsure:

Seriously though, death threats over sports let alone a tweet? When did people lose so much perspective that death is the price paid for a stupid comment? It used to be when someone insulted someone else, you laughed it off and told your buddy "you got me" OR you went home and cried. I guess everyone has brass balls when they don't have to actually face the consequences for their actions.

As far as MJD's comments are concerned, he did play all season on a torn meniscus, so let's give him a slight pass for "missing the first eight weeks of the season".

Twitter is a wonderful thing. It exposes stupidity. Stupid people can't help themselves from being stupid.

MJD = Epic Fail

I can't believe I traded Hillis for the 3 game stretch of what I thought would be classic MJD. Focking douche! :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

STILL WON WITH JENNINGS 5PTS. FOCK YOU MJD.

:thumbsup: Good lord, I remember the days when a guy actually had to do something to hurt his team to get a death threat (thinking Bill Buckner or Steve Bartman). Nowadays, I guess a rogue tweet does the trick. I just hope the next time I write a column this summer or fall, I don't slip up and give bad fantasy advice :unsure:

Seriously though, death threats over sports let alone a tweet? When did people lose so much perspective that death is the price paid for a stupid comment? It used to be when someone insulted someone else, you laughed it off and told your buddy "you got me" OR you went home and cried. I guess everyone has brass balls when they don't have to actually face the consequences for their actions.

As far as MJD's comments are concerned, he did play all season on a torn meniscus, so let's give him a slight pass for "missing the first eight weeks of the season".

You can expect death threats because of this post. :angry:

MJD = Epic Fail

:first:

It is ridiculous that anyone is getting so upset that they are making death threats against something someone says, especially in sports.

As a Bear's fan, I do not love Cutler. He has poor mechanics and it is reported he has a poor attitude. However, he helped the Bears win 11 games this year with a terrible offensive line, marginal WRs and a very average coach.

MJD is a coward for calling out Cutler. The coaching staff took Cutler out....he did not ask to come out.....at least that is what the insiders are saying. Jacksonville was going for the playoffs and MJD did not play the last 2 games because he was hurt. Did anybody call him out and question his toughness? Why couldn't he suck it up? Probably because he was legitimately injured!

Madness!

Did he?

I thought I remembered him skipping the stretch run when his team could have went to the playoffs. Maybe not. :dunno:

its fairly obvious that anyone who does the tweets on the twitter should be met with death threats. no one cares. cue the irony.

Did he?

I thought I remembered him skipping the stretch run when his team could have went to the playoffs. Maybe not. :dunno:

You are right, my bad...he played 14 games. However, I challenge you to give me five RBs who can play that long with a torn meniscus, let alone post six straight 100-yard rushing games. His tweet was stupid - not defending him for that - but I believe the final two games of this season were the first ones he missed due to injury in his career.

Im surprised, MJD usually comes off as a pretty smart guy. My only problem with this is him not standing by his words.

And comparing a running back (and the short shelf-life that comes with that position) running on a torn meniscus for a fringe playoff team to a QB not playing on a sprained ligament in a game that results in a trip to the Superbowl is focking retarded.

Also, Twitter is gay. Gayer then facebook

What's great is that the same people threatening MJD are probably the same ones bashing Cutler for leaving the game. Bet not a one of those death threats came until after the knee injury was confirmed.

Gettem' Fla - - you are damn right about this one. Talk about a guy backpeddling. He made his quotes, made even more - - now he's trying to take it back :nono: You talked the sh!t, and exactly where were you when Cutler was on the field? Oh yea, on the couch twittering your fingers away. Maybe if you showed up the first 8 games of the 2010 season, you wouldn't have been at home. Gettem Hawker :clap:

:cheers: Plus his Fantasy show sucks, no disrespect :rolleyes:

You are right, my bad...he played 14 games. However, I challenge you to give me five RBs who can play that long with a torn meniscus, let alone post six straight 100-yard rushing games. His tweet was stupid - not defending him for that - but I believe the final two games of this season were the first ones he missed due to injury in his career.

He missed a game his second season. Additionally, he started only 4 of his first 47 career games. Not his fault, and he was still very effective. But coming off a whole two years as the every down guy, and having missed the last two games of the playoff run, is hardly the time to be taking shots at someone elses durability, courage or toughness.

I've never been a Cutler fan. Not for a second. I think he's the posterboy for why you don't draft guys who haven't displayed the ability to win, lead, or pile up stats in college just because they look and throw like a QB. He also has what we call in my family "Chuck face", named after my cousin Chuck who always looks like somebody just took a dump on his lunch.

But MJD made a d!ck move. A standup guy sometimes has to just say "I made a d!ck move", not hide behind the schoolyard bullyish "I was just kidding..."

MJD just had knee surgery, possibly micro-fracture surgery as he has bone on bone because he wore down the meniscus to nothing. What a dumbazz. His career might be cut short before it ever really got going. I'm moving him down my fantasy rankings for next year.

And comparing a running back (and the short shelf-life that comes with that position) running on a torn meniscus for a fringe playoff team to a QB not playing on a sprained ligament in a game that results in a trip to the Superbowl is focking retarded.

Agreed. I did taekwondo for a long time with a torn meniscus, until it finally locked up, at which point I first learned about the tear. It was beyond repair so they took it all out, and a few weeks later I was back at it. So whenever I hear that someone has a torn meniscus, I think "big deal."

Then again, maybe injuries manifest themselves differently in different people and different situations. Hmm... :dunno: