Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh

Clay Matthews should have been DPOY. He's an animal.

Homer here but that holding call was Bs as he dove. dvr it.

After Ben gets done raping chicks in bathrooms, does he do the whole pointing/look up to the Heavens thingy? :dunno:

I'm not at home and I've had a few. What holding call?

The were cameras were keying on Mathrews...that's why they said it was a different number than Flozell..cause it was, Cullen Jenkins was the one being held and you couldn't see it on the reply.

By the way...I've been too drunk to worry about it from the start but does anyone else's FOX channel broadcast in a format too wide for the TV? It's the same on my Tube as it is on my Widescreen LCD and it doesn't matter what resolution I put it on. Can't see the Steeler's points on the screen. I think there's another channel somewhere but I'm too lazy to go look for it.

By the way...I've been too drunk to worry about it from the start but does anyone else's FOX channel broadcast in a format too wide for the TV? It's the same on my Tube as it is on my Widescreen LCD and it doesn't matter what resolution I put it on. Can't see the Steeler's points on the screen. I think there's another channel somewhere but I'm too lazy to go look for it.

Has been like that all season, but for some reason it's better tonight.

Geez, people. Don't congratulate Green Bay. They didn't deserve to win. Turnovers were more important than penalties tonight. But karma is a b!tch.

Oh, for the record, I had multie grands on Green Bay (-3)@+100

Geez, people. Don't congratulate Green Bay. They didn't deserve to win. Turnovers were more important than penalties tonight. But karma is a b!tch.

Green Bay turned the turnovers into points... they did deserve to win.

Congrats Packers fans. I thought that was a pretty good Super Bowl. I was a little worried (I was rooting for the Packers) that Roethlisberger may find a way to lead the Steelers to victory even when they were down 21-3, but Aaron Rodgers was just too damn good. That's the kind of quarterback you want. A guy who can put up points and even when the other team keeps up the pressure with touchdowns of their own he still continues to drive his team down the field. Very impressive.

As an Eagles fan I just really hope that Michael Vick will prove he's capable of doing such things. God it would be nice if the Eagles could finally win a Super Bowl, but that's another subject.

Congrats again to the Packers and their fans. :thumbsup:

I was expecting to see footage of Rogers walking down the bench with a semi automatic, pulling head shots on every one of his WRs. Jesus they tried to lose this game for the Pack. Glad they were able to pull it out.

God it would be nice if the Eagles could finally win a Super Bowl, but that's another subject.

:lol:

:bench:

I was expecting to see footage of Rogers walking down the bench with a semi automatic, pulling head shots on every one of his WRs. Jesus they tried to lose this game for the Pack. Glad they were able to pull it out.

Two of the drops would have given Rodgers another 160 yards and one or two TDs more (above and beyond his 300 yards and 3 TDs).... With the exception of the Bears game... Rodgers has given us a clinic on post season QB play. That duds is making a name for himself...

This game was the mirror of the game the Stealers played against the Ravens, fell behind early, gave up a defensive TD, stormed back in the second half. The only thing missing was the effort on the part of the officials to give the game to the Stealers as they typically do, they did put in some effort (ala the phantom face mask) but without a concerted effort on the part of the officials the Stealers cannot beat a better team.

I didn't notice that these were unforced errors. Have you watched much football in your life? :lol:

The Packers didn't deserve to win??? Usually that statement is backed up by bad officiating, and the only bad call went against them with the phantom Face Mask. How can you even make a statement like that?

Pretty good game. Score makes it seem better than it was though. Not sure if it was just the general dislike I have of both teams, or it really was sort of boring.

It was basically Rothlisfail for 1 quarter... 2 quarters of punts... 1 quarter of GB trying not to give the game away. Alas Rothlisturd is better and assaulting women then playing football.

Congrats Pack! Carry the banner proud for the NFC Norris!

This game was the mirror of the game the Stealers played against the Ravens, fell behind early, gave up a defensive TD, stormed back in the second half. The only thing missing was the effort on the part of the officials to give the game to the Stealers as they typically do, they did put in some effort (ala the phantom face mask) but without a concerted effort on the part of the officials the Stealers cannot beat a better team.

Oh, I dunno about this. The Ravens, as always can NOT put anyone away. They have the most vanilla offense in the history of the NFL and they go out of their way to sign and retain the slowest WRs they can find. They kept punting and tunring the ball over...how is that the refs fault? I realize that Pitt gets the benefit of the doubt a LOT and I hate them. But, Ravens fans need to demand MORE from your teams front office and realize this:

- Your defense is getting older and slower and no longer can hold anyone, especially in the passing game

- Your offense is a joke and Boldin is an over-hyped #2 receiver. Clayton is what.... 47 years old?

- Your playcalling is poosay-certified. 2 runs and quick out pattern for 4 yards. Punt. No wonder why they cant hold leads.

Ya know?

Most likely the best team ever is this GB Packers team.

Imagine if half their team wasn't on IR. :music_guitarred:

We will see that next year :overhead:

Oh, I dunno about this. The Ravens, as always can NOT put anyone away. They have the most vanilla offense in the history of the NFL and they go out of their way to sign and retain the slowest WRs they can find. They kept punting and tunring the ball over...how is that the refs fault? I realize that Pitt gets the benefit of the doubt a LOT and I hate them. But, Ravens fans need to demand MORE from your teams front office and realize this:

- Your defense is getting older and slower and no longer can hold anyone, especially in the passing game

- Your offense is a joke and Boldin is an over-hyped #2 receiver. Clayton is what.... 47 years old?

- Your playcalling is poosay-certified. 2 runs and quick out pattern for 4 yards. Punt. No wonder why they cant hold leads.

Ya know?

It's not just the Raven's by any means, there is a library of examples of the ref's clearly calling games for the Steelers, some example far worse than the excrement used against the Ravens.

Or if they could catch passes :doh:

How about the unsportsmanlike call for the guy falling to his knees......someone needs to take the refs out to the wood shed..... :D

So pissed I passed on going to Vegas for the superbowl I had planned to go and put 5K on Green Bay. I mean it would have been an emotional rollercoaster and I might have offed myself before it ended but if I lived through it would have been an epic elation.

I guess it's tough to win a Super Bowl when you aren't playing against an NFC west team. Sorry Pitt.

Maybe one of the dumbest statements I have heard in reagrds to football. Off the top of my head I can name at least 9. better. The last 3 49er title teams , 92 and 93 cowboys, the late 70's 4 Steeler teams . Thats just 9 there are others.

Who were all the players on IR?

I guess it's tough to win a Super Bowl when you aren't playing against an NFC west team. Sorry Pitt.

Was hoping like hell the next best thing...Chicago.

Oh well. I find nothing to dislike about the Pack so it hurts a lot less than losing to Dallas back in 95.

The Pack is a mirror image of Steelers. Build thru the draft and sprink in a key FA or 2. Half their coaches used to either coach Pittburgh or play for them...and McCarthy is from Pittsburgh.

im just glad that non facemasking call didnt decide it.