Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Why Tiger Woods will win the Masters

As blah as Saturday's round was, the Sunday final was as spectacular as any we've seen. Def goes up there with the '86, '98, and '04 Masters as greatest Sunday finishes in the modern era........ The champion? Maybe not the one most were pulling for, but wow - what a feat he pulled off, hats off to him. Nobbody handed the green jacket to him, he went out and took it. In doing so, not only did he leap frog one or two players, he steam rolled over 4 or 5 guys - some on their way to the HOF. Like many, I thought the tournament was over when Scott birdied #16 - but wow what a finish we still had in store.

I watched the last couple of hours on Sunday and I enjoy it when a guy actually wins a tournament as opposed to having other guys choke it away. Schwartzel birdied the last 4 holes. Pretty impressive. and the young Aussie Day finished strong with a couple of birdies. I thought those two guys handled the pressure extremely well. I missed Rory's meltdown. I can't say I enjoy seeing meltdowns. Some people get enjoyment out of seeing them but I always feel bad for the guy.

He's got 14 majors and more millions that you have eyelashes - not sure he really cares.

The first part of your statement is correct. The second part is hilarious. :lol: He blames the crowd, the wind, the man in the moon, etc for every bad shot he hits. He cares so much he's grinding his teeth away. It's fun to watch. :thumbsup:

I watched the last couple of hours on Sunday and I enjoy it when a guy actually wins a tournament as opposed to having other guys choke it away. Schwartzel birdied the last 4 holes. Pretty impressive. and the young Aussie Day finished strong with a couple of birdies. I thought those two guys handled the pressure extremely well. I missed Rory's meltdown. I can't say I enjoy seeing meltdowns. Some people get enjoyment out of seeing them but I always feel bad for the guy.

Meltdowns are good tv if I don't care one way or another about the guy melting down.

Mcilroy has become my favorite player over the last 2 years, thus the meltdown was such a bummer that I was unable to really enjoy the ending. Maybe it's just because I was emotionally invested in him, but it felt like the type of meltdown that will affect his entire career. He went from a guy I expected to win 8 Majors to a guy I could see now having a Sergio like career.

He will always play well here no matter what else is going on in his life/game.

That was the one of, if not the main reasons I posted this thread. :thumbsup:

Look folks, Tiger Woods is really, really good at golf. He's never going to be able to turn back time and be ridiculously dominant like 5-10 years ago, but he's gonna be just fine. And it will be fun to watch; Just like yesterday.

Look folks, Tiger Woods is really, really good at golf. He's never going to be able to turn back time and be ridiculously dominant like 5-10 years ago, but he's gonna be just fine. And it will be fun to watch; Just like yesterday.

Plus, it's always easy to play well when you know there is one guy out there willing to lick your balls no matter what.

I, for instance, don't have a guy that will always be willing to lick my balls. Thusly, I shot an 86 yesterday. But give me a guy willing to lick my balls, and I'd have had more confidence with my wedges, thus that 86 may have become a 76.

forgetting the outcome of the tournament and just talking Tiger i still need to see him do something like he did yesterday in a different tournament to proclaim him fully back. His best two tournaments since the scandal have been Augusta 2010 and Augusta 2011.

but there obviously were many glimpses of his old fire. His putting still needs a ton of work for his standards.

edit to add: i never felt he was going to win yesterday, especially after his lax bogey on 12. Old Tiger, who was strong mentally, would have gone for the throat after eagle on 8. This Tiger pissed away every chance he had on the back 9. :dunno:

he will be back, he will win more majors, KSB will get to enjoy a major sunday with his pants around his ankles again... but i still don't think he passes Jack.

He blames the crowd, the wind, the man in the moon, etc for every bad shot he hits. He cares so much he's grinding his teeth away. It's fun to watch. :thumbsup:

I enjoy the golf, the course, the tradition, the intensity - to each their own I guess. Meh.

I enjoy the golf, the course, the tradition, the intensity - to each their own I guess. Meh.

Me too. Love The Masters. I watched about eight hours of it over the weekend. Amd though it's for a different reason, golf is always much more enjoyable to watch when Tiger is still in contention on the weekend.

I enjoy the golf, the course, the tradion, the intensity - to each their own I guess. Meh.

i think its pretty obvious that Tiger doesn't care what some queer on an internet message board thinks.

but you do have to admit that Tiger seems to pout and whine about alot. Did you catch him throwing his mini tantrum early in the round yesterday when someone made a noise on his downswing?

my biggest complaint with Tiger has always been his attitude. Especially post scandal where he just acts like he deserves everything. Hell, he even said (in one of his scripted apologies) that he felt he deserved the life he was living.

and ive been to enough pga events to get a feel for how he acts with the fans in comparison to many of the other top stars. Ive only been to one, post scandal and he was more fan friendly but that is obviously forced.

I agree to a point, but had the old Tiger shot a 31 to take a share of the lead at the turn, he would have brought the hammer down. Heck, had he posted a -12 the others might have still wilted. I was out of the room and my wife said "Tiger just missed a birdie putt. He was standing over it too long and I just knew he was going to miss it." And she doesn't even golf. The old Tiger didn't stand over a putt too long, he stared at the hole Chuck Norris style until it moved to his ball. Not any more.

I'm not sure. The Tiger of old never shot better than a 67 on the final Sunday at Augusta. The Tiger of old never came from behind to win a major...ever. I think he just had everything going his way on the Front nine and it was unsustainable. There's a reason no one's ever put together two 31s in a major. It's almost impossible to do.

Ok. So Tiger didn't win the Masters. But he'll surely dominate the PGA's 5th Major this week.

That starts today right? So how's he doing?

Ok. So Tiger didn't win the Masters. But he'll surely dominate the PGA's 5th Major this week.

Ha, I bet he w/drawls by mid-round 2moro with one of his 23 injuries. :D

He has only won the TPC at Sawgrass once and he needed to hit an impossible 60 foot putt on 17 to do such.

"Better than most!"

Until he starts hitting 4 foot putts with more consistency, he isn't winning anything.

He doesnt have a great track record at Sawgrass, i would guess he struggles this week. Make the cut but really not be in contention come sunday.

He has only won the TPC at Sawgrass once and he needed to hit an impossible 60 foot putt on 17 to do such.

"Better than most!"

Not exactly accurate. Yes he did hole one of the most incredible putts I've ever seen, that 60 footer, but that putt was during Saturday's round. He actually erased a huge gap between he and the field by shooting 11 under on the weekend. VJ did help him out a bit by snap hooking a drive for double on 14 - but he pretty much dominated the field on the last 2 days.

He doesnt have a great track record at Sawgrass, i would guess he struggles this week. Make the cut but really not be in contention come sunday.

You may want to look at the leader board before you even predict he'll do that well.

Ha, I bet he w/drawls by mid-round 2moro with one of his 23 injuries. :D

:overhead: :overhead:

He made it through half a round!!! WD

He just withdrew after a brutal front nine.

I'm beginning to think that Woods may be done. :(

:lol:

You may want to look at the leader board before you even predict he'll do that well.

yeah, i thought about that...but it was the way i felt before this morning...but yeah checking the leaderboard might have stopped me from posting that brilliant prediction. :lol:

:lol:

Why is that funny? Seems like the dude's body is just falling apart. Maybe there was some truth to the roid rumors, and now he is paying the piper?

Why is that funny? Seems like the dude's body is just falling apart. Maybe there was some truth to the roid rumors, and now he is paying the piper?

He is a fraud.

3 Years ago I was 100% positive Tiger would pass Jack's 18 majors. 2 Years ago I was 75% sure. Last year I was 40% sure........... I'm ready to call it - Jack's record is officially safe, zero chance he will pass him now. He may never win again period......... As sad as it is from a golf jukie perspective - Fock'm, he did it to himself and doesn't deserve the life he was given.

I doubt he took roids.

But I 100% believe he was addicted to pain pills for the last several years. As someone with a lot of painkiller experience, it adds up. On the course, off the course, and now with the body breaking down.

Oh, ok. I thought you were accusing me of overreaction. Carry on.

Not at all.

a 7 on the par 4 7th hole and 4 over after 9, now he's hurt?

KSB is so conflicted today.

Lebron beats Boston. But Tiger is in the gutter. It's like winning the lottery the same day you find out you have ball cancer.

KSB is so conflicted today.

Lebron beats Boston. But Tiger is in the gutter. It's like winning the lottery the same day you find out you have ball cancer.

I've been counting the minutes till KSB shows up with his ball washer.

I guess Geoff Olgivy and Tim Clarke took roids too since they are also struggling with injuries. :blink:

Quick question for you guys. Since 'Tigergate' there have been 5 Golf Majors played. There has been only one golfer on the planet that has finished in the top 5 in at least 3 of them. Wanna guess the answer? :doublethumbsup:

Yet somehow he's "DONE!@#!" :sleep:

I guess Geoff Olgivy and Tim Clarke took roids too since they are also struggling with injuries. :blink:

Quick question for you guys. Since 'Tigergate' there have been 5 Golf Majors played. There has been only one golfer on the planet that has finished in the top 5 in at least 3 of them. Wanna guess the answer? :doublethumbsup:

As if on cue.

Like a moth to a flame

Like RP to an Obama thread

:bow:

yeah, because tiger has always prided himself on top 5 finishes.

Actually, that is a pretty remarkable feat if you think about it. But in the end, all he's really done is morph from Jack Nicklaus into Tom Weiscopf.

That's nice that he has adjusted his expectations from winning the most majors to having the most top 5 finishes in majors.

For every truth, someone has to be the last to recognize it.

That's nice that he has adjusted his expectations from winning the most majors to having the most top 5 finishes in majors.

Who said that 'he' has adjusted expectaions? You made that up.

What it simply illustrates is that Tiger's so called "demise" has been, and still is overblown. The fact that he is consistently condending in Majors (more than anyone else on the planet) shows he is far from being done. Comments like "He's done!" or "He's Toast!" or "He'll Never EVER win again!" is hyperbole and...well....ridciulous.

That's all. No need to make up stuff. :thumbsup:

yeah, because tiger has always prided himself on top 5 finishes.

Again, no one is saying Tiger is happy with that. However considering nobody else, not even Mickleson, has finished in the top 5 in more than 2 Majors since 2009 means that Tiger is still playing at a high level. It means he's really close.

Yet somehow he's a fraud and done like others mention?

It doesn't coorelate.

Dude sucks. Steroids are a ###### when they turn on ya.