Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Rewatching, which I definitely recommend as you can see all the storylines play out much better the more you watch it.

I think I watched 10 episodes since Monday. It's crazy addicting, this and Breaking Bad were the only shows I can rewatch over and over again and never lose interest.

• Like 1

Fock me. Next episode is the Red Wedding. This will be my third time watching :(

First time I was too shocked to feel anything.

Second time I teared up, and that never happens with me.

If I cry this time, it will be the second time a movie/show/book has done so. It's not gonna happen. Fock me.

Okay dude, step away from the TV...

Finishing Season Two....this show is fvcking fantastic.

Welcome to the club! :cheers:

Okay dude, step away from the TV...

^_^

I'm new to this thread. Update me.

Did anyone mention that John Snow was killed yet?

Or that Tyion's wife wasn't a prostitute and Jaimee knew and let his dad's guards gangbang her in front of Tyrion anyway?

Or that Sansa disembowels Joffery the night of his wedding, right before he's assassinated by his mother?

Fock me. Next episode is the Red Wedding. This will be my third time watching :(

First time I was too shocked to feel anything.

Second time I teared up, and that never happens with me.

If I cry this time, it will be the second time a movie/show/book has done so. It's not gonna happen. Fock me.

In the name of all that is manly, I want to smack you upside the head with a giant black .

God damn Joseph Gatt is one creepy looking mofo.

He has to be the guy playing the death priest in the temple that Aria goes to.

:shocking:

what's up buddy?

God damn Joseph Gatt is one creepy looking mofo.

He has to be the guy playing the death priest in the temple that Aria goes to.

Nope. He's playing Styr, Magnar of Tynnn.

:shocking:

what's up buddy?

How's this for a quick summary.

I'm still playing Guild Wars now and then...mostly because my 7 year old son loves it, so we play together.

How's this for a quick summary.

I'm still playing Guild Wars now and then...mostly because my 7 year old son loves it, so we play together.

I couldn't wait for GW2 to come out and by the time it did I had stopped playing video games and sold my PS3. I still have a pc, but just don't care anymore for them. my son is 5 months now, by the time he is 3 or so I am sure I'll be back playing video games.

Now we have another reason to love April.

Start of baseball

Spring is very close

Game of Thrones

Spring is very close

Spring is Coming?

They really should kick off the new seasons in winter, just for the awesome "Winter is Coming" promos.

Spring is Coming?

They really should kick off the new seasons in winter, just for the awesome "Winter is Coming" promos.

Most good shows start in either the beginning of fall or the beginning of spring.

Nothing really huge runs through winter and summer.

If they have a show that gets big, they move it.

I'm sure you know this, but I typed it anyway

I watched the first three seasons last year then read all the books. It will be the first year that I will know what is coming. It should be an awesome season.

I watched the first three seasons last year then read all the books. It will be the first year that I will know what is coming. It should be an awesome season.

In the process of doing the same. Started reading around New Years, and am currently 3/4 through the second book. Didn't think I would get through it so fast, but it's hard to NOT read once you start. The original plan was to read to where the show left off, then watch the season, then continue to read. However, there is no way I will be able to stop reading when I get to that point. The second season diverges a lot more from the second book than I thought. Arya's storyline is A LOT better in the books, IMO.

The second season diverges a lot more from the second book than I thought. Arya's storyline is A LOT better in the books, IMO.

All the story lines are better. I don't think it's close. Even all the detail that turns out to be red herring escalates the build-up in a much more satisfying way than any movie or show could do. Not to mention when craziness happens in the MIDDLE of a book instead of when you know it has to be at the end of a season. After season 4 is over, I'll have to re-read books 4 and 5 as there is so much detail and I flew threw all the books after watching season 1.

There's an excerpt from book 6 on fat rip van winkle aka George Martin's website (do not read if you haven't read books 4 and 5) and rumblings of Winds of Winter possibly coming in mid-2015.

All the story lines are better.

Thus far, I like what the show did with Theon's story-line, maybe more than the books. Maybe because his story-line is the least interesting by far and it takes longer to read than to see it unfold in the show. I am thinking the fact that he has his own POV chapters HAS to mean there is something more significant to him than has been uncovered so far. Plus I am pretty sure I glimpsed him in full armor in the trailer, this show doesn't really do flashbacks so I am thinking something super-natural happens with him maybe? I am now just reading the Battle of the Blackwater, so I am 80-something percent through the book.

Though, I do agree the story-lines are much better in the books. You get all the details, it's much easier to follow though it still is tough to keep track of all the characters. The show does a remarkably good job at trying to keep up with all of it, IMO.

Have about 200 pages to go in A Storm of Swords.

Holy piss, there is A LOT of sh1t going down in season 4, like more action and crazy moments than the first 3 seasons combined. It's going to start off really fast too, at least if it continues as the book does. I have read they are going to throw in some story-lines from books 4 and 5, so I'm thinking that some major events might be held off till the last few episodes that would otherwise be in the first 3 episodes. If it goes parallel to the books, the first 3-4 episodes will be the craziest thing you've ever seen. Just be ready, there will be no build up like in the first 3 seasons.

I definitely recommend reading the books. I think watching the show first almost helps in reading the books because you can visualize the characters as they are in the show. A Storm of Swords is the best thing I've ever read/seen by a pretty wide margin. It sucks I hear the next 2 books aren't nearly as good, but I definitely can't stop reading.

Book 4 (Crows) is the slowest of the 5 but book 5 (Dragons) is better. There are so many story lines in 4 & 5 it is hard to see how he is going to cover them all in the next one.

Book 4 (Crows) is the slowest of the 5 but book 5 (Dragons) is better. There are so many story lines in 4 & 5 it is hard to see how he is going to cover them all in the next one.

That's what I hear, and how none of the story-lines have an resolution. Basically it's building up to WOW. I think he has said how WOW will be the longest book thus far, it might go 1500 pages. I think he said it SHOULD be coming out in the middle of 2015, we all better hope it does. It will be interesting to see what the show does with the next 2 plus WOW, because there is no way the 7th book will be out by 2017 unless George really gets on his sh1t, but I would much rather have him take his time and put the finishing touch on a masterpiece.

Delete those spoiler posts, aholes :thumbsdown:

I've reported him and ask that he be banned

I'm gonna need a bigger boat. :lol:

As am I :doublethumbsup:

Been rewatching S3 on HBO GO - wow. It's such a great show - dialogue, writing/layers, acting, cinematography, music... I just hope someone we like can eventually get ahead.

Been rewatching S3 on HBO GO - wow. It's such a great show - dialogue, writing/layers, acting, cinematography, music... I just hope someone we like can eventually get ahead.

I just watched season three for the first time over the weekend finishing up the last two epsiodes on Monday. Watching the whole season at once is pretty cool, if possible.

I just watched season three for the first time over the weekend finishing up the last two epsiodes on Monday. Watching the whole season at once is pretty cool, if possible.

It helps to have all that extra time from cheating people online.

It helps to have all that extra time from cheating people online.

Yes, it does come in handy at times. :banana: