Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 2 - Discussion

Question. Since this is a mock, can we talk about players that haven't been picked yet? Or do most people prefer to just keep it formal?

Question. Since this is a mock, can we talk about players that haven't been picked yet? Or do most people prefer to just keep it formal?

We have always avoided that. I really have no preference outside of the norm here is not mentioning until after they are gone.

We have always avoided that. I really have no preference outside of the norm here is not mentioning until after they are gone.

Ok, fair enough.

I see a lot of variety in round 2. A lot of ways people can go.

I predict 2 QBs, 5 WRs, 5 RBs.

I almost went with Turner, but a RB & WR from the same team in rounds 1 & 2....didn't feel right! DMAC has more upside too. Almost went WR also.

Turner is a guy who gains a lot of value relative to the other top backs in standard scoring formats. No receptions? No problem! Capable of 1400 and 14 when healthy.

He easily catches up the the 1100 yard, 50-70 reception style backs and is had at a lower tag.

Turner is a guy who gains a lot of value relative to the other top backs in standard scoring formats. No receptions? No problem! Capable of 1400 and 14 when healthy.

He easily catches up the the 1100 yard, 50-70 reception style backs and is had at a lower tag.

Agree with the premise here, but Turner is in the wear and tear stages of his career along with Gore. He was a nice second rounder none the less.

Hmmm..interesting call with Rodgers as the first QB off the board.

I feel somewhat safer with him than a few others (qb's), and I realize he was the one who missed games with the concussion last year. I think he learned his lesson. I was torn between 3 Wr options and couldn't make up my mind, so I went with the points at QB.

I feel somewhat safer with him than a few others, and I realize he was the one who missed games with the concussion last year. I think he learned his lesson. I was torn between 3 Wr options and couldn't make up my mind, so I went with the points at QB.

2.06 - I feel pretty comfortable with the GB offense this season as well. Jennings have been consistently a 1000+ yd receiver the last 3 years. I think he is a great bet to be a top 5 receiver this year.

I feel somewhat safer with him than a few others, and I realize he was the one who missed games with the concussion last year. I think he learned his lesson. I was torn between 3 Wr options and couldn't make up my mind, so I went with the points at QB.

tough to take the first QB. so many great ones but i likely would opt for Rodgers also if i sniped the first one.

its looking more and more like my prediction for this 1st overall pick will be accurate. Don't see any benefit for it. likely will see my current QB, RB and WR tiers end and face brand new, deep tiers of players at the 2/3 turn. Tiers that will last into round 4.

2.06 - I feel pretty comfortable with the GB offense this season as well. Jennings have been consistently a 1000+ yd receiver the last 3 years. I think he is a great bet to be a top 5 receiver this year.

Jennings was one of the 3 in my wr. log jam. Garnering his production through Rodgers is what helped me switch gears and go QB. Jennings is very steady, and all the other receiving options on the Pack sealed the deal.

I was afraid of Vicks agressive style for a second year. There were times this season where I didn't know if dude was gonna be able to come out after the bell. Believe me, I'm not slamming the Vick pick at all. I just didn't have the guts, and I think the Packers offense is still better.

I was on the phone with JScott about 30 minutes before I picked. He's got to be laughing his a$$ off at me because I caved big-time on what I said I was gonna do. I briefly mentioned I might just say hell with it and take Rodgers, and did. His plan worked out just fine, so let's see if he stickes to his guns better than I did! lol! He was having some connectivity troubles and was headed to a Interwebs Coffee shop. He should be along soon.

The only reason I would pick Vick was to be able to say: "I like my fantasy QBs like I like my coffee, early and black."

The only reason I would pick Vick was to be able to say: "I like my fantasy QBs like I like my coffee, early and black."

And strong enough to kill dogs.

Oh, you caved big time RC. :lol:

And yes, SJax was my target for the 2nd round given AJ in the 1st. He's been a workhorse in STL but their QB is legit and he'll start stretching the field giving SJax room to run again. Considering the other option of McCoy+(WR to be named later) I like this stable/safe pairing better.

Oh, you caved big time RC. :lol:

And yes, SJax was my target for the 2nd round given AJ in the 1st. He's been a workhorse in STL but their QB is legit and he'll start stretching the field giving SJax room to run again. Considering the other option of McCoy+(WR to be named later) I like this stable/safe pairing better.

excellent pick JScott

I would have taken Jackson had he somehow made it to the 2/3 turn. If he can be had in the middle or late 2nd round, he is a steal. The yardage numbers are there and with the improvement of that passing game, his TD opportunities should increase as well.

Who will Dan pick now????

Thank you all for the Packerland discussions!

?? :unsure: ??

Jennings.....Rogers.

Dan, Ray, V4E... head on over the the war room when you get a chance. i think it would be a good idea to lock in on our replacement owner and get them acclimated pretty soon.

:first:

Dan, Ray, V4E... head on over the the war room when you get a chance. i think it would be a good idea to lock in on our replacement owner and get them acclimated pretty soon.

:first:

Is someone dropping out?

Is someone dropping out?

Me200x had a thread going on the main board. FFToday is looking for 1 replacement owner for this years IBL.

we have 3-4 candidates at the moment

No, nothing of the sort. I was simply thanking everyone for the discussion, nothing more....nothing less. Now, I am a Packer fan!

No, nothing of the sort. I was simply thanking everyone for the discussion, nothing more....nothing less. Now, I am a Packer fan!

:cheers: Super Bowl Champion Packer Fan to Super Bowl Champion Packer Fan!

Fixed! :thumbsup:

:cheers: Packer Fan to Packer Fan!

<_< Oh, great. It's Loser-Palooza. just great.... :thumbsdown:

:P

ICEMAN

I was on the phone with JScott about 30 minutes before I picked. He's got to be laughing his a$$ off at me because I caved big-time on what I said I was gonna do. I briefly mentioned I might just say hell with it and take Rodgers, and did. His plan worked out just fine, so let's see if he stickes to his guns better than I did! lol! He was having some connectivity troubles and was headed to a Interwebs Coffee shop. He should be along soon.

ha ha that's funny because i debated for about 30 minutes on whether to take rogers as well and go against normal strategy(- i had a sneaky feeling he would go two picks away but not by you lol.....) and in one of my money league probably would have with this format.......

nice pick

gore- one of the most underrated and under appreciated backs in recent memory......sounds like the team will be built around him and if he stays healthy he's golden....also in a contract year

nicks- stays healthy...large numbers....has the potential to be the #1 wr this year

i have become disillusioned with the nfl based the lockout this year and besides following the nfl draft i have done no homework for this at all.....i just read an article the season may be cut in half.....i firmly believe theres a really good chance the nfl may not play this year

excellent pick JScott

I would have taken Jackson had he somehow made it to the 2/3 turn. If he can be had in the middle or late 2nd round, he is a steal. The yardage numbers are there and with the improvement of that passing game, his TD opportunities should increase as well.

Absolutely this. I was hoping he might just float under the radar.

Say, I've got my thoughts on my next pick, but it looks like it won't happen until the morning. I won't be around until 10:30CST tomorrow .. instead of holding things up, do I just email Mike my two picks and he'll go with one of them if I'm not around?

Absolutely this. I was hoping he might just float under the radar.

Say, I've got my thoughts on my next pick, but it looks like it won't happen until the morning. I won't be around until 10:30CST tomorrow .. instead of holding things up, do I just email Mike my two picks and he'll go with one of them if I'm not around?

Yep, go ahead and mail them to Mike.

Ste Jax is ADP'ing at 2.06 so far this spring, so he fell pretty much where you should be finding him, That being said, I expect a dip in his numbers this coming season and am tabbing him as an avoid unless he slips to round 3

Why you thinking that? On the down side of things? D's still stacking the box? The O finding more weapons and giving him less opportunities? Seems to me the O will be better all around, making D's play more honest, giving him more quality opportunities. Other than health, or if you think he's on the decline, I don't see why he'd dip all that much.

Sorry, guys. I thought I was getting back on quickly, but it was a fairly crazy evening, and I wasn't able to get back here. Won't happen again.

Ste Jax is ADP'ing at 2.06 so far this spring, so he fell pretty much where you should be finding him, That being said, I expect a dip in his numbers this coming season and am tabbing him as an avoid unless he slips to round 3

por que?

por que?

I see the passing attack emerging. I see the Rams diminishing his touches on purpose to try and extend his usefulness both over the season, and during the remaining years of his career. Entering his 7th season we will see a slight tick down in his ypc, and a tick down in his overall yds IMHO, and its not as if he is a TD machine. Look for them to use him as a means to open up passing options, but the split will be at lest 60/40 pass to run, if not greater.

Reduced touches, growing emphasis on the passing game, age, mileage....and these factors are clearly evident in his diminished standing in FF drafts. Given his range in the 2.02 - 2.08 area and that most people drafting in that area are likely looking at WR, someone can explore their options at WR in the 1.06 -1.12 range, and speculate on having access to him in mid-to-late round 2

JMHO......but I think he is placed well in the range of 2.04-2.07

I think his web site is cool too.... Rink