Sign in to follow this  
td parker

Dead woman at bottom of Public Pool for two days

Lady drowns Sunday, dozens of families swim in the pool with her the rest of the day, go home have dinner, a good night sleep come back on Monday take another dip with the decedant who they couldn't see because the water was cloudy, they go home, watch Americas Got Talent, tuck themselves in, wake up go for a game of marco polo and some laps with said dead lady still in the deep end. She surfaces Tuesday night....question....does Carl the greens keeper have to drain the pool?

Boston Herald.com

Saturday, June 25 — Fall River officials say the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation’s Veteran’s Memorial Swimming Pool at Lafayette Park in Fall River opens for the season without a required municipal health permit.

Sunday, June 26, afternoon — Marie Joseph, 36, of Fall River goes to Veteran’s pool and watches over a 9-year-old boy who lives near her. While swimming at the Fall River pool, Joseph and the boy ride down a slide, first him and then her, into the water. The boy gets out of the water but Joseph does not :dunno: .

Monday, June 27 — Fall River health inspectors drive past Veteran’s Memorial Pool and notice the pool is open to the public, although it has not been inspected by their department and permitted as required.

Tuesday, June 28, noon — A health inspector inspects the pool and returns to his office to prepare the permit. His report indicates the pool is fine other than cloudy water :wacko: . He approves and prints the permit but never brings it to the pool. Yesterday, the permit remained at the Fall River municipal building.

Tuesday, June 28, 4 p.m. — The pool closes early.

Tuesday, June 28, 10:08 p.m. — The body of Marie Joseph is found floating in the pool by a girl and a boy in their late teens or early 20s who scaled the chain-link fence surrounding the swimming area :ninja: .

Wednesday, June 29, 5:30 p.m. — State recreation officials close all 24 of the department’s deep-water pools across Massachusetts to “conduct a full review of each facility’s safety and operational procedures,” according to DCR Commissioner Edward M. Lambert Jr.

Thursday, June 30 — Two city inspectors are placed on paid administrative leave by Fall River Mayor William A. Flanagan while police lead an investigation to try to determine what happened, including the review of video surveillance

At that point, it's not really a pool anymore. It's more like a big vat of gazpacho.

i guess my first question is what happened to the 9 year old she was looking after? How did they get home? How did no one realize his 'sitter' had gone missing?

why would people swim in murky pool water?

Apparently her smallish cans went unnoticed and weren't very good as flotation devices.

why would people swim in murky pool water?

it's a 110 with heat index here. I'd swim in a pool with plugged in toasters if it would cool me off.

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-boy-begged-mass-guards-aid-sinking-woman-151605072.html

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — A 9-year-old boy told two lifeguards that a woman had not resurfaced after entering the murky waters of a public swimming pool and appearing to struggle, his mother said.

The body of 36-year-old Marie Joseph was found in the Veterans Memorial Pool two days later, on Tuesday night. Officials have been investigating how she could have been in the pool for so long without being noticed.

The boy's mother told the Boston Herald for its Sunday edition that the woman had bumped into her son on a pool slide before she disappeared underwater.

"He did tell two lifeguards — one said she was on break, and had to leave and the other told him they were going to do a pool check," the woman told the newspaper. "But he told me they never did."

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-boy-begged-mass-guards-aid-sinking-woman-151605072.html

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — A 9-year-old boy told two lifeguards that a woman had not resurfaced after entering the murky waters of a public swimming pool and appearing to struggle, his mother said.

The body of 36-year-old Marie Joseph was found in the Veterans Memorial Pool two days later, on Tuesday night. Officials have been investigating how she could have been in the pool for so long without being noticed.

The boy's mother told the Boston Herald for its Sunday edition that the woman had bumped into her son on a pool slide before she disappeared underwater.

"He did tell two lifeguards — one said she was on break, and had to leave and the other told him they were going to do a pool check," the woman told the newspaper. "But he told me they never did."

WOW. This just keeps getting better. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Thursday, June 30 — Two city inspectors[/b are placed on paid administrative leave by Fall River Mayor William A. Flanagan while police lead an investigation to try to determine what happened, including the review of video surveillance

They sure kicked ass on this one.

If they are in any way, shape or form at fault on this one, I hope they get fired yesterday.

I stay with my kids at all times at the pool. I must apologize for not placing my complete trust in the 16 and 17 year-old life guards who seem somewhere else when they should be watching the pool......

Thats almost the definition of mungwater

:overhead: