Sign in to follow this  
gpann101

Dear Mr. Hightower...

Trade Hightower immediately.

The rotation is coming. Plus, Hightower just isn't that good.

Helu 7.4 ypc (10/74) and lots of 3rd and 4th quarter action vs Zona.

Just sayin'.

As a Hightower owner I knew the risks involved when I drafted him. He was my 4th RB drafted so anything above & beyond of where he was selected is gravy. I didn't expect him to be anything more than a flex/injury start/bye week start anyway.

I've started him the last 2 weeks at flex & he's done well. No complaints really.

The guys that are in trouble are the ones that drafted him to be more than what he is.

OK, got it. You don't understand what the word "benched" means.

Benched means he loses his job (doesn't play, sits on the bench). Since Bell got EVERY SINGLE CARRY in the very next game, it's safe to say that he didn't get benched.

BTW-who called you an ######? Wasn't me. But you did get owned, because you were wrong. The funny thing is you continue to try to prove your point, with "logic" that proves you more and more wrong.

My God. Are you really this stupid? He wasn't "benched" in the middle of that game? You are so far off base, I realize that there is no point arguing with you if you are now trying to debate the meaning of the word "benched" with me.

If you want to hang your hat on Hightower .... go ahead. I'm not interested.

My God. Are you really this stupid? He wasn't "benched" in the middle of that game? You are so far off base, I realize that there is no point arguing with you if you are now trying to debate the meaning of the word "benched" with me.

If you want to hang your hat on Hightower .... go ahead. I'm not interested.

Am I this stupid???

You are the guy who is "awesome at football," yet doesn't even realize that the RB who he swore was "benched" by Shanahan back in 2008 wasn't even the starting RB (P.J. Pope was), that same RB who was "benched" was the last Den RB to get a carry in the game, and that same RB got EVERY SINGLE carry in the next game?

Yeah, I'm stupid, and you're "awesome" at football. :rolleyes:

You might want to check your facts before you spout off, Mr. Awesome.

So apparently Shanahan talked about this situation a bit. According to Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan explained that Roy Helu played an increased role in Week 2 because "Tim (Hightower) got a little bit tired." Shanahan also praised Helu's playmaking ability. "One of the reasons we drafted him, and we were hoping we could get him when we did (fourth round), was his big-play capability," Shanahan said. "He’s extremely fast ... and he’s got the chance to break the big play."

What do you guys make of this?

So apparently Shanahan talked about this situation a bit. According to Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan explained that Roy Helu played an increased role in Week 2 because "Tim (Hightower) got a little bit tired." Shanahan also praised Helu's playmaking ability. "One of the reasons we drafted him, and we were hoping we could get him when we did (fourth round), was his big-play capability," Shanahan said. "He’s extremely fast ... and he’s got the chance to break the big play."

What do you guys make of this?

I smell the dreaded RBBC!

My only question is why aren't they throwing the ball more to Hightower. He's got good hands. This is why I picked him in my PPR League. Guess it'll be a crap shot which RB will be the flavor of the week.

Thank you, GFIAFP is getting owned in this thread for his lack of fantasy knowledge.

Who's looking like they got owned now, biatch?

Who's looking like they got owned now, biatch?

Seeing as how Hightower is STILL getting the lion's share of the carries, goal-line looks, and is a weak RB1, solid RB2, I'm going to guess you?

Ok, so I spoke a little too soon. But, Dallas totally blew the coverage on that TD, and without that, it was another crappy day for Hightower.

Ok, so I spoke a little too soon. But, Dallas totally blew the coverage on that TD, and without that, it was another crappy day for Hightower.

I love that argument. Take away a TD from anyone who didn't put up more than 60-70 all purpose yards and they would have a crappy outing. Those ###### arguments don't fly.

I love that argument. Take away a TD from anyone who didn't put up more than 60-70 all purpose yards and they would have a crappy outing. Those ###### arguments don't fly.

My dead grandma could have caught that pass. That was more bad on Dallas' part than good on Hightower's.

But, my point is.... one of these weeks, Helu is going to get the lions share of the carries, and thus the points, and nobody knows when that will be. Could be next week, could be 8 weeks from now. And that's a situation I want to avoid.

But, my point is.... one of these weeks, Helu is going to get the lions share of the carries, and thus the points, and nobody knows when that will be. Could be next week, could be 8 weeks from now. And that's a situation I want to avoid.

Actually this is a good point. I have a similar feeling about Tom Brady. My point is.... one of these weeks, he's NOT going to throw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. Could be next week, could be 8 weeks from now. That's a situation I want to avoid, so maybe I should trade him away? :rolleyes:

Appearing on ESPN 980 Washington Friday, coach Mike Shanahan said he nearly benched Tim Hightower for Ryan Torain in Monday night's loss to Dallas.

Shanahan nearly made the switch because Hightower couldn't keep his balance, a big problem early in the game. "We can't have the type of slippage we had," said Shanahan, who has a propensity for pulling tailbacks at a moment's notice. "Hopefully, we will have that problem rectified." Added Shanahan, "I got a lot of belief in Ryan Torain." Just keep in mind that Shanahan is also known for using the media as a motivational tool on running backs. Torain can't function in the passing game, so it's not realistic to think Hightower would've been benched. Shanahan's comments do suggest that he envisions Torain as the immediate backup to Hightower, with Roy Helu locked into a change-of-pace role.

- Rotoworld

:doh:

Appearing on ESPN 980 Washington Friday, coach Mike Shanahan said he nearly benched Tim Hightower for Ryan Torain in Monday night's loss to Dallas.

Shanahan nearly made the switch because Hightower couldn't keep his balance, a big problem early in the game. "We can't have the type of slippage we had," said Shanahan, who has a propensity for pulling tailbacks at a moment's notice. "Hopefully, we will have that problem rectified." Added Shanahan, "I got a lot of belief in Ryan Torain." Just keep in mind that Shanahan is also known for using the media as a motivational tool on running backs. Torain can't function in the passing game, so it's not realistic to think Hightower would've been benched. Shanahan's comments do suggest that he envisions Torain as the immediate backup to Hightower, with Roy Helu locked into a change-of-pace role.

- Rotoworld

This comes as no surprise to the fine folks who frequent this board. For one thing, Hightower looks so mediocre. Another thing, Shanny really does love Torain. That's no joke. If Hightower continues to look pedestrian, he's going to get benched. Be ready to grab Torain. This isn't smoke and mirrors. This isn't motivation. Shanny loves Torain.

Here's the interview...start listening around 21 minutes in.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=65&c=425&f=209211

I knew the risk with Hightower when I rated him as highly as I did and drafted him in two leagues. Shanny talks in this interview about Hightower slipping 3-4 times in the first half. Folks, Helu slipped on the field too. The fact of the matter is that Shanny didn't pull Hightower at half b/c of the slipping, likely because it was a problem for both of his backs. To me, the interview was more telling about Helu's role as Torain would have been the next in line (supposedly). But as "average" as Hightower is, I can't think of one area in which Torain is superior to him, so I don't think he'll get pulled anytime soon barring a complete disaster - after all, the Shanahans traded for the guy after knowing what they had in Torain and suggesting Helu had "the explosion of a young Clinton Portis".

I must also be missing the boat on Hightower being indecisive too because I haven't seen a run of his yet this year where he is "dancing in the hole". As far as I can tell so far, he has hit the holes hard the few times they have been there. Lastly, let's see how he performs against a struggling run defense this week after facing three teams that rank in the top 12 of the league vs. opposing RBs (at least in traditional PPR league scoring)?

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?Season=2011&GameWeek=Season&PosID=20&Side=Allowed&LeagueID=104885&order_by=FFPtsPerG&sort_order=ASC

I don't expect huge numbers from him this week (the Rams have faced some pretty good RBs so far), but I do expect efficiency. While Pops has a quick hook - we've all known this for years - he has said "he loves everything about him" and Kyle Shanahan has already said "he is the exact type of runner we look for". Again, the thing about the Shanahans is production. They believe in their system so much that if a RB isn't putting up numbers, it is his fault and not the system's. It's probably not the greatest news for fantasy owners' blood pressure readings, but then again, very few owners selected him to be anything more than a flex or RB3.

Last but not least, Shanahan loves to use the media to "talk" to his players, so this story is much ado about nothing IMO. I will start worrying more if/when Hightower starts fumbling.

I traded Hightower as soon as Monday nights game was over. Got what I could D Moore and did not look back. Dont need the Helu-Torain-Shanahahn grief. At any moment he can be replaced with Torain or Helu.

I traded Hightower as soon as Monday nights game was over. Got what I could D Moore and did not look back. Dont need the Helu-Torain-Shanahahn grief. At any moment he can be replaced with Torain or Helu.

You did the right thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Torain gets on the field this week. It wasn't the slipping as Shanny put it. I think he just didn't want to call him out for missing obvious cut back lanes.

I had high hopes for hightower and I know he has put up top 15 RB numbers in fantasy but I have absolutley not liked what I have seen from him. He looks awful. Helu looks so much better. If you can get something from him time to sell. His value might not be high due to his bad running and these reports but you can get a decent WR like I did or a down RB like say a Deangelo Williams etc. Sell on Higtowers numbers , what I did. Explained to the guys I was trying to trade him with how hes got Rb1 numbers so far. Still the best I could do is D Moore WR on Oakland . I have 2 FF rules. Dont bench studs no matter matchup and do not draft a ShanaRat back. I didnt listen to myself. Glad the misery is over. Want no part of Torain or Helu.

I had high hopes for hightower and I know he has put up top 15 RB numbers in fantasy but I have absolutley not liked what I have seen from him. He looks awful. Helu looks so much better. If you can get something from him time to sell. His value might not be high due to his bad running and these reports but you can get a decent WR like I did or a down RB like say a Deangelo Williams etc. Sell on Higtowers numbers , what I did. Explained to the guys I was trying to trade him with how hes got Rb1 numbers so far. Still the best I could do is D Moore WR on Oakland . I have 2 FF rules. Dont bench studs no matter matchup and do not draft a ShanaRat back. I didnt listen to myself. Glad the misery is over. Want no part of Torain or Helu.

Odd, I traded Hightower + Burelson for Dwills + Holmes a week ago. I absolutely hated the trade and thought I was being a little to preemptive...now not so much.

- Rotoworld

:pointstosky: Ryan Torain :pointstosky:

OK, so my week1 Torain will start prediction was too optimistic...it will happen sooner or later though...

:pointstosky: Ryan Torain :pointstosky:

OK, so my week1 Torain will start prediction was too optimistic...it will happen sooner or later though...

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't it true Torain has never played for more than four games without getting injured? He has talent but he'll never stay on the field long enough to prove it. Eventually, no one is going to want ANY part of this backfield. Yeah, I've changed my tune regarding Hightower (clearly, I traded him). For a second I thought Shananan might act rational, I was dead wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't it true Torain has never played for more than four games without getting injured? He has talent but he'll never stay on the field long enough to prove it. Eventually, no one is going to want ANY part of this backfield. Yeah, I've changed my tune regarding Hightower (clearly, I traded him). For a second I thought Shananan might act rational, I was dead wrong.

Shanny is acting rational. Hightower doesn't look good. I'd bench him too.

Maybe I'm wrong but besides Shanny's 'coach speak' I'm not all that concerned with Hightower right now. Helu is a rookie and Torain can't stay healthy, nor match Hightower's pass catching ability.

2 tds in 3 games. NY Giants and Dallas are both decently tough teams to run on. I'm really not concerned.

Next up:

St Louis

BYE

Philly

@ Carolina

Buffalo

That looks tasty, for which ever rb(s) get the nod.

COME ON RIDE TORRAIN, LETS RIDE IT...

COME ON RIDE TORRAIN, LETS RIDE IT...

classic ratface is right. Somehow Helu got jumped too!!!

LMAO

classic...

THT is practically dropable right now, I'll be doing just that come tuesday...

I've seen enough today to never start Hightower again.

I would rather start S.Green or a 3rd wr as my flex player.

Except he didn't get benched. :doh:

What was that?

Torain was the starter before breaking his hand in pre-season practice.

Hightower didn't do enough with his chance. He looked mediocre and Shanny always wanted Torain to be the guy.

I dropped Torain after drafting him. Now I'm focked. He'll be the #1 pickup this week. He's now the guy. Well, he's now back to being the guy he was before breaking his hand.