Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets

I might become an Eagles fan. At least they know how to make Personel decisions. Vick, DJax, Maclin, McCoy, Henery, Nnamdi...

Romo is going to get another shot. :overhead:

Good, I have the Jets D and I can use the points. :thumbsup:

I'm 100% certain your wrong.

It's been the only knock on Dez throughout camp. I've heard more than one writer talk about it, including Michael Lombardi as recently as this week.

Good, I have the Jets D and I can use the points. :thumbsup:

I have them in one league and am going up against them in another. :mellow:

I think the jury is no longer out on Romo. Every time he has a big game, he finds some way to lose it. He is a pretty good fantasy QB, but I would put him near the very bottom of qb's in the NFL. If I was an owner, I would not sign him. Dallas will never win anything with him at the helm.

:bandana:

Wow, I am surprised Dallas lost that game. Sure seemed like it was theirs for the taking. Lotta mistakes that let the Jets back into the game. Give the Jets credit though for hanging in there and then making just enough plays to come up with the W. That was an all-around team effort by them. Also the crowd played a huge role in messing up the Dallas offense in the fourth quarter.

It's been the only knock on Dez throughout camp. I've heard more than one writer talk about it, including Michael Lombardi as recently as this week.

Your right there. And maybe the route was off, but Romo was telegraphing and never should have thrown that. It's a typical Romo choke fest (fumble, bad throws, ints, and he has been 'surprised' by the snap before as well). The 'Boys are doomed until he gets benched/injured.

Wow, I am surprised Dallas lost that game. Sure seemed like it was theirs for the taking. Lotta mistakes that let the Jets back into the game. Give the Jets credit though for hanging in there and then making just enough plays to come up with the W. That was an all-around team effort by them. Also the crowd played a huge role in messing up the Dallas offense in the fourth quarter.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hell, the Jets turned it over once in the mmiddle of that giving the Cowboys a chance to get a handle on the situation. Focking Romo.

The blame for this one is on all on Romo. :thumbsdown:

We all know that he's a choke artist, but usually that trait doesn't fully manifest itself until December.

I agree, I used to defend him but I'm done. He is better at losing than anyone i've ever seen! I'm tired of rooting for losers... time to change my allegiance.

That has some truth to it. Dallas wow how do you give that game away like that. Witten catches that nice pass and pretty much volenteers to run out of bounds at the three. Then Romo comes in and fumbles it away at the two. Then you throw a pick in your own end of the field with time ticking away. Dez Bryant quit in the game, he didn't even try, if he was hurt he should have sit but I get the feeling he is a quiter. This team is snake bit!

We all know that he's a choke artist, but usually that trait doesn't fully manifest itself until December.

:pointstosky:

Looked just like a playoff game performance for Romo. :thumbsdown:

Well I had Shonne Green as my flex.....my opponent had Dez/Plax....I lost by .5 pts. I will now be shopping Green because I figured "him being our featured back" on a run oriented team would mean he would get more than 1 carry when running clock to take a FG.

Shonne Green is going straight to the waiver wire... If anything it's the LT show in NY

EXACT same story as last yr. Greene sucks hard.

Well I had Shonne Green as my flex.....my opponent had Dez/Plax....I lost by .5 pts. I will now be shopping Green because I figured "him being our featured back" on a run oriented team would mean he would get more than 1 carry when running clock to take a FG.

What makes you think you are going to get anything for Greene in a trade? Maybe some RB-starved team will give you a WR3 in return but I'd say that's the best case scenario.

I'm about 99% certain Dez Bryant blew his route there.

i like romo a lot, but he has to take the heat for that throw. if you look at the ball placement vs. revis' body position, there is no way that it would have been completed at all on any route.

agreed that dez was completely gassed and not even looking for the ball, but romo is the one who tried to force it into coverage without a legitimate shot at a completion.

like i said all offseason. LT aint going away

i like romo a lot, but he has to take the heat for that throw. if you look at the ball placement vs. revis' body position, there is no way that it would have been completed at all on any route.

agreed that dez was completely gassed and not even looking for the ball, but romo is the one who tried to force it into coverage without a legitimate shot at a completion.

:thumbsup:

Per Romo: It was supposed to be a comeback route, but once Revis got underneath, Dez changed it on the fly to a go. Romo says Dez probably did the right thing.

So it was either Romo's fault for not reading the coverage, or Romo is taking the fall. Either way, stupid throw. And as an aside, Dez shouldn't have been in the game. The guy was useless after the 1st quarter.

Dez shouldn't have been playing, popped his thigh and was a liability - especially on the pick. But no question Romo choked this one away for us. No excuses for that shiat, we owned that game -FOCK!! :mad:

That pass looked like a nice easy lob wedge

That pass looked like a nice easy lob wedge

Ha, no doubt - one that spun back 20 yards the other way.

like i said all offseason. LT aint going away

Ha. Cant' say you didn't warn people.

3rd round...maybe 5 picks into my 14 team draft a few weeks back.

Pick: Shonn Greene

Owner: Sit's down and exclaims. 'How the f*ck did I get Greene on my team AGAIN. F*ck! Slaps forehead'

:thumbsup:

Per Romo: It was supposed to be a comeback route, but once Revis got underneath, Dez changed it on the fly to a go. Romo says Dez probably did the right thing.

So it was either Romo's fault for not reading the coverage, or Romo is taking the fall. Either way, stupid throw. And as an aside, Dez shouldn't have been in the game. The guy was useless after the 1st quarter.

yeah--romo completely owned it this morning. he said that the difference in the game was his turnovers, period.

on a funny note, i think it was significant that, even hurt and gassed, dez still drew double coverage on that play. i know that romo was flushed out of the pocket, but if bryant had the double, then either austin or witten had single coverage. what bothered me was that romo didn't even look back to the left, where someone had to be coming open.

the game gives serious reasons for optimism about the rest of the season, but i don't want to be optimistic--i want to be drunk after a win.