Sign in to follow this  
nikki2200

Michael Vick

Well according to his press conference it was the officials not throwing flags. :rolleyes:

Vick scrambles probably better than any other QB in the NFL.

The problem the Eagles need to resolve is their abysmal O-Line.

I was thinking the same thing. When he was talking about how he's getting hit on every throw, I was thinking that it as because of his sh1tty O-line. NY was consistantly getting pressure with their front 4 and Vick was taking some hard shots. However, none of them seemed late or particularly dirty.

I was thinking the same thing. When he was talking about how he's getting hit on every throw, I was thinking that it as because of his sh1tty O-line. NY was consistantly getting pressure with their front 4 and Vick was taking some hard shots. However, none of them seemed late or particularly dirty.

I didn't see any late hits or dirty shots.

If you just watch the games, the O-Line is like a sieve and he has about 1.8 seconds to throw the ball or he's getting nailed.

But hey.... did you hear we have the best secondary in the league that we spent $9 billion on? :wall:

I saw one instance of Vick getting hit a beat after he let go of the ball that I thought was questionable, that's it. Meanwhile I saw Eli get facemasked at least 2-3 times with no flag. :dunno:

The OL is really bad no doubt, but Vick also holds onto the ball for too long and scrambles out of the pocket on nearly every play, which increases his exposure to hits. Reid called a designed run for Vick today, he did the same thing last week, and Week 1 he had Vick throw on a 4th and 7 (if I'm remembering correctly) instead of punting with a huge lead against the Rams. There's just no reason to expose your QB to that kind of abuse. Today we ran the ball pretty consistently and pretty well. Most weeks, Reid has Vick throw the ball 40+ times. Teams know this OL and QB cannot handle the blitz and they know Vick's play really declines when you hit him a few times. And Vick isn't a very big guy and he's not going to shrug off many big hits.

If you're going to throw the ball 40+ times in most games, you need to have an OL that can pass block or a QB who can read defenses and get rid of the ball in a hurry. The Eagles have neither of those things. And the defense is massively overrated. And the coach is a moron.

:cry:

:pointstosky:

You think Bill Cowher would come to Philly?

No he is Coach Coughlin's eventual replacement in waiting

I saw one instance of Vick getting hit a beat after he let go of the ball that I thought was questionable, that's it. Meanwhile I saw Eli get facemasked at least 2-3 times with no flag. :dunno:

The OL is really bad no doubt, but Vick also holds onto the ball for too long and scrambles out of the pocket on nearly every play, which increases his exposure to hits. Reid called a designed run for Vick today, he did the same thing last week, and Week 1 he had Vick throw on a 4th and 7 (if I'm remembering correctly) instead of punting with a huge lead against the Rams. There's just no reason to expose your QB to that kind of abuse. Today we ran the ball pretty consistently and pretty well. Most weeks, Reid has Vick throw the ball 40+ times. Teams know this OL and QB cannot handle the blitz and they know Vick's play really declines when you hit him a few times. And Vick isn't a very big guy and he's not going to shrug off many big hits.

If you're going to throw the ball 40+ times in most games, you need to have an OL that can pass block or a QB who can read defenses and get rid of the ball in a hurry. The Eagles have neither of those things. And the defense is massively overrated. And the coach is a moron.

:cry:

But what is a reasonable amount of time in the pocket? You say he holds onto the ball too long but that is because there is constant pressure on him. He barely has a few milliseconds to figure out what he is going to do then he has to scramble to avoid getting killed.

Loved we ran the ball today... and look how freaking successful it was. That only took 10 years of the talking heads and the fans bitching. I also loved that they used their fullback which is unheard of in Eagles football and even if it was ineffective. It's a trend in the right direction.

The two biggest problems are the O-Line and the Linebackers. Which were the two biggest problems coming into the season. But glad they took care of that in the off-season. :wall:

Fooooooooooooooock.

If he had your giant man hands he'd be ok today. :music_guitarred:

Well according to his press conference it was the officials not throwing flags. :rolleyes:

The problem the Eagles need to resolve is their abysmal O-Line.

This attitude is a major reason why Vick will never win a championship. Imagine, a football player complaining about being hit. I guess I should expect that from a millennial.

The pusssification of America marches on.

This attitude is a major reason why Vick will never win a championship. Imagine, a football player complaining about being hit. I guess I should expect that from a millennial.

The pusssification of America marches on.

You are aware that QBs getting hit a lot is not a good thing and usually leads to season ending type injuries right?

Coach Andy Reid said Monday that Michael Vick has a contusion on his right hand, not a fracture.

Despite a report that Vick would be out 3-4 weeks, Reid is now calling his quarterback "day to day." He said that the hand is extremely sensitive to touch today, but Vick has not been ruled out for Sunday's game against the 49ers. It sounds like Vick's status will depend on swelling and pain tolerance. Considering the injury is to his non-throwing hand, Vick may very well be able to suit up. Sep 26 - 12:06 PM

You are aware that QBs getting hit a lot is not a good thing and usually leads to season ending type injuries right?

We are talking about football, right?

Doesn't it make sense that the QB that holds the ball the longest in the pocket gets hit the most?

This is a Mike Vick problem not an NFL problem. The guy is not a very good QB.

There are conflicting reports about Vicks hand. Reid said it was bruised and broken blood vessels made it look broken.

About 75% of fantasy football players did not think he would make it thru entire season anyway. Well maybe 90% <_<

Boohoo, Vick wants to be treated like other quarterbacks. Other quarterbacks aren't animal abusing, thug morons. Karma's a b!tch.

Rooting against the Eagles is becoming almost as fun as rooting against Dallas.

while the o-line might be a problem, i think vick is the bigger problem here. on almost all of those hits i remember, he was holding the ball up until the very LAST second. i even remember on one completion he threw it as he was falling down while boley (i think) was about to hit him. he's trying too hard to be a pocket QB. that's why he's getting hurt now. he needs to continue doing what made him so dangerous last year. he needs to run when he can cause that's keeping the defenses honest. yesterday's game was the only time i can remember where i wasn't even thinking about being scared of vick's legs. he even threw down field on a 3rd and 6 when he could have easily picked up the first by running. him and andy reid need to accept the fact that he'll never be peyton manning. he'll never pick you apart by just sitting in the pocket. LET HIM LOOSE! (that's me speaking as a vick owner, as a giant fan - i saw those hits coming from a mile away, i knew we were going to beat him up :overhead: )

Boohoo, Vick wants to be treated like other quarterbacks. Other quarterbacks aren't animal abusing, thug morons.

Which should have nothing to do with what calls he gets on the field.

while the o-line might be a problem, i think vick is the bigger problem here. on almost all of those hits i remember, he was holding the ball up until the very LAST second.

Should he hold the ball until the next to last second? :dunno:

Boohoo, Vick wants to be treated like other quarterbacks. Other quarterbacks aren't animal abusing, thug morons. Karma's a b!tch.

Rooting against the Eagles is becoming almost as fun as rooting against Dallas.

Continuing to hate on Mike Vick says more about you than it does him. Just sayin'

Clown Shoes.

Continuing to hate on Mike Vick says more about you than it does him. Just sayin'

Clown Shoes.

I know. It says that I'm a man of morals and respect for animals. Vick is a despicable human being. I'll hate on him until I breath my last. If he went to my team I'd be finding a new team to root for. He went to Philly for a reason... The fan base is full of classless drunken morons. Making a deal with the devil is never a good idea.

I know. It says that I'm a man of morals and respect for animals. Vick is a despicable human being. I'll hate on him until I breath my last. If he went to my team I'd be finding a new team to root for. He went to Philly for a reason... The fan base is full of classless drunken morons. Making a deal with the devil is never a good idea.

LMAO...yeah, the fan base signed him. :doh:

while the o-line might be a problem, i think vick is the bigger problem here. on almost all of those hits i remember, he was holding the ball up until the very LAST second. i even remember on one completion he threw it as he was falling down while boley (i think) was about to hit him. he's trying too hard to be a pocket QB. that's why he's getting hurt now. he needs to continue doing what made him so dangerous last year. he needs to run when he can cause that's keeping the defenses honest. yesterday's game was the only time i can remember where i wasn't even thinking about being scared of vick's legs. he even threw down field on a 3rd and 6 when he could have easily picked up the first by running. him and andy reid need to accept the fact that he'll never be peyton manning. he'll never pick you apart by just sitting in the pocket. LET HIM LOOSE! (that's me speaking as a vick owner, as a giant fan - i saw those hits coming from a mile away, i knew we were going to beat him up :overhead: )

Yea I have to agree here. As much as people criticize him for not being a great "passer", his running is what makes him a threat. They need to let him run more to keep the defense honest. I too couldn't believe he passed up running for that 1st on that 3rd down play, he could've easily made that. He looked a little confused as to what how he should be playing, where as last year he just looked like he was playing. Whatever the defense gave him he took it.

LMAO...yeah, the fan base signed him. :doh:

Try a little reading comprehension. I'm saying Philly is the only fan base that would root for such a horrible human being. That's why Goodell "placed" him there. Ok, maybe Oakland too...

A true person of morals doesn't hate anyone.

Be careful of that karma you're preaching about.

Try a little reading comprehension. I'm saying Philly is the only fan base that would root for such a horrible human being. That's why Goodell "placed" him there. Ok, maybe Oakland too...

Try not being a doosh...the fan base has absolutely nothing to do with Vick being an Eagle. It's obvious you just hate and will continue to hate. Good luck with your life as that negativity will catch up with you. :wave:

Try not being a doosh...the fan base has absolutely nothing to do with Vick being an Eagle. It's obvious you just hate and will continue to hate. Good luck with your life as that negativity will catch up with you. :wave:

Yah, I'm sure hating on Vick will have disastrous consequences with my life. :wacko:

A true person of morals doesn't hate anyone.

Be careful of that karma you're preaching about.

Awwe, look at all the philthy fans. The org tried to buy a ring, now it's all backfiring. Boohoooo.

Looks like Vick just has a contusion on his right hand. I can see him playing this weekend.

Who the heck is going to be the backup. As a Vick owner, it hasn't taken long to see I need whoever the backup is. Kafka and Young are on waivers in my league. I've got to grab the right one.

Yah, I'm sure hating on Vick will have disastrous consequences with my life. :wacko:

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:20

Awwe, look at all the philthy fans. The org tried to buy a ring, now it's all backfiring. Boohoooo.

Not just hating on Vick, it's easy to see you hate on a lot of things. Good luck with that! :doublethumbsup:

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with the religious message posted above. Carry on...

I think that is the issue -- he's fighting to stay in the pocket and it's against the grain for him...his strength is how elusive he can be and he's hard to avoid hits when he's standing in the pocket flat footed.

I think that is the issue -- he's fighting to stay in the pocket and it's against the grain for him...his strength is how elusive he can be and he's hard to avoid hits when he's standing in the pocket flat footed.

He stands in the pocket too long. It looks like the passing game is too fast for him. He is not a very good NFL QB.

Trivia Question:

In last 5 starts whos W/L is 1-4, 58% pass completion and has 6 turnovers :ninja:

Yea. I heard the fans signed the contract with Vick. What a focking retarded statement.

Oh, down a cup of STFU already. :rolleyes:

He's just a guy. Get over it.