Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Hakeem Nicks is a bust this year

i have him. im 3-0 but i drafted him third overall. thank god i had welker and mcfadden today

Your wrong. Dont trade him.

He isn't the bust; it doesn't help that Eli is missing A LOT of throws. Unless the guy is WIDE OPEN and can adjust to catch it, Eli isn't putting it in the right spot.

Watch the games and you'll see.......

i have him. im 3-0 but i drafted him third overall. thank god i had welker and mcfadden today

Third overall? Were you on crack during the draft?

Ridiculously overdrafting a player doen't make him a bust when he performs as expected.

The next 2 weeks are the weeks he goes off. @ Ariz and home for Seattle.

Buffalo at home after that.

Start him next week @ Ariz.

I am trying to trade for Nicks with owners down on him, what do you think of offering Greene and Henderson or should I try Greene, Henderson and Brown? Please see two rosters and let me know what you think I should offer:

His Team

QB Josh Freeman

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

RB/WR Ahmad Bradshaw

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Hakeem Nicks

WR/TE Roy Williams

TE Scott Chandler

D/ST Patriots D/ST

K Neil Rackers

BENCH

Bench Knowshon Moreno,

Bench Jonathan Stewart,

Bench Joe Flacco,

Bench Zach Miller,

Bench C.J. Spiller,

Bench Jason Campbell,

Bench Eddie Royal*,

MY Team

QB Philip Rivers,

RB Tim Hightower,

RB/WR Willis McGahee,

WR Devery Henderson,

WR Nate Washington,

WR/TE Denarius Moore,

TE Greg Olsen,

D/ST Jets D/ST

K Matt Bryant,

BENCH

Bench Arian Foster*,

Bench Miles Austin*,

Bench Antonio Gates*,

Bench Shonn Greene,

Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick,

Bench Antonio Brown,

Bench Bernard Scott,

Three games in and you're declaring him a bust

The fantasy season is pretty short and 3 crappy games is getting close to bust territory. Especialy when the guy was ranked pretty high. Arian Foster and C Johnson are other examples.

Third overall? Were you on crack during the draft?

Ridiculously overdrafting a player doen't make him a bust when he performs as expected.

Maybe it was a keeper league or something, or maybe he meant to say third round. I hope.

Then again, drafting Nicks 3rd overall is still better than anyone who took Foster, Charles, or CJ2K in that spot.

The fantasy season is pretty short and 3 crappy games is getting close to bust territory. Especialy when the guy was ranked pretty high. Arian Foster and C Johnson are other examples.

You're right. In a 13 game season, this weekend was the quarter pole.

But, WRs are streaky. Remember Bowe last year, he was terrible for the first few weeks, and then put up a season's worth of stats in 6 or 7 games. So I tend to be a lot more patient with struggling receivers, as opposed to RBs and QBs. If Nicks and Manning can get in sync, that patience will pay off. Or at the very least I'll be able to move him at a better price.

Giant's got a very good stretch of games coming up:

@ Arizona, Seattle, Buffalo, Miami, @ New England, @ San Francisco

Then it gets tougher vs Philly, @ New Orleans, vs Green Bay, @ Dallas, vs Washington, @ NYJ (championship week)

Think I'll ride the wave and hope to get a good few weeks out of him, then move him before the Philly game.

I am trying to trade for Nicks with owners down on him, what do you think of offering Greene and Henderson or should I try Greene, Henderson and Brown? Please see two rosters and let me know what you think I should offer:

His Team

QB Josh Freeman

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

RB/WR Ahmad Bradshaw

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Hakeem Nicks

WR/TE Roy Williams

TE Scott Chandler

D/ST Patriots D/ST

K Neil Rackers

BENCH

Bench Knowshon Moreno,

Bench Jonathan Stewart,

Bench Joe Flacco,

Bench Zach Miller,

Bench C.J. Spiller,

Bench Jason Campbell,

Bench Eddie Royal*,

MY Team

QB Philip Rivers,

RB Tim Hightower,

RB/WR Willis McGahee,

WR Devery Henderson,

WR Nate Washington,

WR/TE Denarius Moore,

TE Greg Olsen,

D/ST Jets D/ST

K Matt Bryant,

BENCH

Bench Arian Foster*,

Bench Miles Austin*,

Bench Antonio Gates*,

Bench Shonn Greene,

Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick,

Bench Antonio Brown,

Bench Bernard Scott,

As a Nicks owner in one league, if you offered me either of those trades, I would punch your mom square in the nuts

Week 1 - 7 catches 122 yards

Week 2 - Questionable leading into the game: 4 catches 38 yards 1 td

Week 3 - 3 catches 25 yards

Week 1 shouldn't be categorized as a "crappy game". 7 catches for 122 and was ruled out at the 2 yard line on a 68 yard catch (a play in which I thought he got into the endzone). Week 2 he was a little banged up going into the game, had a low end average week, but at least gets a touchdown. Week 3 was far below average- the Giants figured the Eagles would key in on him in the passing game, so they successfully exploited other matchups. If you watched the game yesterday, he was double covered on a long throw into the endzone in which Eli's pass was slightly off and on Victor Cruz's 74 yard touchdown, Nicks was running down field with separation from Nnamdi and no safety help, but because of the blitz Eli had to get rid of the ball early. In a game that he finished with 3 for 25, he could have had 5 for 140 2 tds. I know the "he could..." or "if he just..." means nothing in the end, but that shows the amount of variability in a player's stats.

Even in a "pretty short" fantasy season, where most people start the postseason in week 14 or 15, he still has another 10-11 games left to produce before the playoffs. Looking at it objectively and taking all things into consideration, if you still categorize him as a "bust" and are willing to write him off this early, then you might as well drop him from your roster because he's worthless and no one in their right mind would want to take him in a trade.

Benched until he goes off. Rode Devery, now time to ride Lance.

I was more concerned about his health than anything else. Is he 100% now?

Owners see him as a bust, other teams see him as a buy low opportunity

I just bought him low and hope he pays off starting this week!! Just throw it up to him like Stafford does to CALVIN....

Im still riding Nicks. He had a great game week 1. A few stinkers after, but this week is the break he needs to get on the stat sheet vs AZ. But its now or never to trade him to any owners that still have faith, cuz if he has a great game in az that buys him at least 3 weeks of high value.

10/162-1 Everyone feel better now?

On pace for 96/1388-8. I'd call those WR1 numbers.

:pointstosky: :headbanger: :thumbsup: :banana:

Hakeem Nicks is not a bust this year.

Dude, I know he's not. If you check through the replies, I defended Hakeem's performance and questioned the premature conclusion of this topic. I was just mocking the sentiment op, who I still haven't seen respond to his/her thread...

Dude, I know he's not. If you check through the replies, I defended Hakeem's performance and questioned the premature conclusion of this topic. I was just mocking the sentiment op, who I still haven't seen respond to his/her thread...

Gotcha. Just wanted to continue the thrilling insight of one sentence replies to the insane sky is falling mentality of the OP and thread. I needed a roll eyes smiley emoticon from you I guess.

Do people forget that wr is the most volatile position in fantasy and a ton of great seasons are made with a few huge games and sprinkled with poor or mediocre ones? It was clear that Eli wanted to get the ball to his top guy often and he was back to full health.

10/162-1 Everyone feel better now?

On pace for 96/1388-8. I'd call those WR1 numbers.

I'll take it...........as my #2 behind Megatron.

:thumbsup:

I think you misspelled best.