Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Finley

Sick of him, so sick of him. Why did I over buy on draft day?

Did he flex his muscles after his one catch today?

He sucks. GB is becoming like the Saints. YOu can't trust anyone but Rodgers. Finley is on my bench in favor of Jimmy Graham for the rest of the year. Greg Jennings is going to be on it in favor of Victor Cruz if he doesn't shape up

He sucks. GB is becoming like the Saints. YOu can't trust anyone but Rodgers. Finley is on my bench in favor of Jimmy Graham for the rest of the year. Greg Jennings is going to be on it in favor of Victor Cruz if he doesn't shape up

I have been playing the Gronk Finley musical chairs. Should have traded him away after his 3 TD fluke game.

I have watched Finley, he does not get separation and when they line him outside they don't even plan to throw at him, he is drawing coverage

I have been playing the Gronk Finley musical chairs. Should have traded him away after his 3 TD fluke game.

I have watched Finley, he does not get separation and when they line him outside they don't even plan to throw at him, he is drawing coverage

He's just a decoy. Which is odd since he has stone hands. I do think he still has some decent value though for a trade.

He's just a decoy. Which is odd since he has stone hands. I do think he still has some decent value though for a trade.

He needs to score in spectacular fashion or else he rots on my bench with no trade value.

He's 5th overall TEs.... tiny percentage points from 4th...

His projections by everybody was 4th or 5th going into the season....

Do you guys beiotch when the weatherman predicts 78 degrees and it ends up being 77, too?? :dunno:

WTF are you talking about? He can't be covered one-on-one.... he gets all kinds of separation but they are doubling him...

When they double him, Rodgers makes them pay... (See Rodgers 9TDs in the last 6 quarters)....

When they don't double him, he dominates (See Chicago "fluke :doh: " 3TD game)

This is all very simple... Not too many TEs I'd rather have them him right now...

Do you guys beiotch when the weatherman predicts 78 degrees and it ends up being 77, too?? :dunno:

All his points came from ONE game, everything else? 6 pts that is not 5th overall. Sorry one flukey week is all he has. Check back at the end of the year he won't even be close to top 10.

He is a slow overweight piece of garbage.

So he is being double teamed every play? Yeah OK. I don't believe that for a second. Why is it any other decent playmaker can beat a double team but not fatso ?

Sorry I don't get points for decoy

However I wish I got points for when a TE drops a ball after being hit by a defender.

SOFT

I don't know what you were reading, but I saw quite a few people projected him 1 or 2. You cannot discount his 3td week. But other than that, he hasn't performed like a top 5 TE.

all his points came from his 3td 30 point game. he is non existent in the others.

I don't know what you were reading, but I saw quite a few people projected him 1 or 2. You cannot discount his 3td week. But other than that, he hasn't performed like a top 5 TE.

FFToday Geeks Consensus rankings.... just about all major rankings...

Coming off a serious leg injury.... Packers love to spread the ball around.... 4th was by far the most common ranking but I saw some 5's

Again... trade him to me... I will give you Dustin Keller or Greg Olsen who are ranked just behind him... :lol:

all his points came from his 3td 30 point game. he is non existent in the others.

53, 68, 85, 28, 57.... the 85 was the Chicago game...

How is that non-existent? He's a TE... Have you seen Rob 1.5, 3.1 Gronkowski lately? :lol:

He dropped an easy TD catch and he got Calvin Johnson ruled on another... I think he's blown some chances...

But I think he will get better as the season continues and make those catches...

some of the posting in this thread is particularly stupid :lol:

53, 68, 85, 28, 57.... the 85 was the Chicago game...

How is that non-existent? He's a TE... Have you seen Rob 1.5, 3.1 Gronkowski lately? :lol:

He dropped an easy TD catch and he got Calvin Johnson ruled on another... I think he's blown some chances...

But I think he will get better as the season continues and make those catches...

some of the posting in this thread is particularly stupid :lol:

what you didn't know??? Any player on anyone's team on this bored has to score atleast 1 TD within the 1st ten minutes of the game, or else a new thread has to pop up...You think a TE that's on pace for 1100 yards is good enough...pff...also has to average 1 td per game...1600 and 16 tds or else he's a bust...

what you didn't know??? Any player on anyone's team on this bored has to score atleast 1 TD within the 1st ten minutes of the game, or else a new thread has to pop up...You think a TE that's on pace for 1100 yards is good enough...pff...also has to average 1 td per game...1600 and 16 tds or else he's a bust...

4th quarter, 1 catch.

If he never had the fluke 3 TD game would you agree with the Finley bashers? He is a one week wonder. Sorry. And 1100 yard pace would get you 6.8 pts per game (sorry I can''t factor in the TDs into a projection because it was totally a fluke).

Just admit it, I did, he is drastically overrated.

His three touchdown game was not a fluke. That single handedly won many fantasy games that week for teams with Finley. His other games, especially in ppr have been fine. Lots of tight ends get you 1 point a few weeks. Finley's bad weeks are 8-10 points in ppr. He's going to score more touchdowns as the season goes on to go along with catches and yards. Very few tight ends will get you 3 touchdowns and a win and he's already done it in only 5 games.

His three touchdown game was not a fluke. That single handedly won many fantasy games that week for teams with Finley. His other games, especially in ppr have been fine. Lots of tight ends get you 1 point a few weeks. Finley's bad weeks are 8-10 points in ppr. He's going to score more touchdowns as the season goes on to go along with catches and yards. Very few tight ends will get you 3 touchdowns and a win and he's already done it in only 5 games.

Thanks for the PPR report. Great he won one game for you. What did he do today? Last week.....

Thanks for the PPR report. Great he won one game for you. What did he do today? Last week.....

I think you just need to draft better. If your team is dependent on the TE position going off - you probably have a lot more problems fantasy wise then Finley. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

10.7 last week. 3.0 this week.

finley would be much better if he had favre throwing to him.

Fred Davis is available on waivers in my league where I own Finley. Seriously considering dropping Finley for Davis. GB hasn't had a bye yet and there are just too many weapons on that team for Finley to be consistent.

Fred Davis is available on waivers in my league where I own Finley. Seriously considering dropping Finley for Davis. GB hasn't had a bye yet and there are just too many weapons on that team for Finley to be consistent.

Wish I played in your league.

Wish I played in your league.

Why is that? Because the Petttigrew owner just dropped Davis after 2 poor weeks, and before the news about Cooley's injury? Or because you think I am an idiot for considering dropping Finley? Sorry, but 8.3, 11.8, 33.5, 5.8, 10.7, and 3.0 is not good enough for me. One awesome week and 5 avg/poor weeks does not excite me. I would rather have consistency week in and week out rather than a 1 out of 6 chance of performing.

Well judging from the responses there are many who are drastically still overvaluing him so i may have a shot at a trade!

Why is that? Because the Petttigrew owner just dropped Davis after 2 poor weeks, and before the news about Cooley's injury? Or because you think I am an idiot for considering dropping Finley? Sorry, but 8.3, 11.8, 33.5, 5.8, 10.7, and 3.0 is not good enough for me. One awesome week and 5 avg/poor weeks does not excite me. I would rather have consistency week in and week out rather than a 1 out of 6 chance of performing.

You gotta be kidding... what kind of consistency do you want out of a TE. Im usually satisfied getting at least 6 points out of my TE.. anything more is just a bonus. You are seriously complaining about a TE that other than week 3 is averaging 8 points a game with the upside of that monster 20-30 point game. And even worse you are considering dropping him vs getting some value back from your likely 4th round pick. I guess thats why I never take a TE so high.. I can keep my expectations on the position relatively low instead of needing WR2 numbers to survive.

5th overall with one obviously FLUKE game. Finley and Gronk will be the two biggest pieces of steaming sh!t the rest of the way. Totally worthless for the same reason: They are on teams with 73 different guys who can get passes thrown their way. Fantasy football used to be so much easier. Stoopid committee crap. Its almost like WRBC or TEBC these days.

Projections dont win games. Finley sucks. Go ahead and kep starting him. Its yer prob.

If his name was Smith he would be waiver wire scraps.

All his points came from ONE game, everything else? 6 pts that is not 5th overall. Sorry one flukey week is all he has. Check back at the end of the year he won't even be close to top 10.

He is a slow overweight piece of garbage.

So he is being double teamed every play? Yeah OK. I don't believe that for a second. Why is it any other decent playmaker can beat a double team but not fatso ?

Sorry I don't get points for decoy

However I wish I got points for when a TE drops a ball after being hit by a defender.

SOFT

Stop acting like a winey little biatch and act your age you little punk. If you don't think Finley will be in the top 10 then put your money where your BIG mouth is. I'll wager a G-note on that;do you accept?

Stop acting like a winey little biatch and act your age you little punk. If you don't think Finley will be in the top 10 then put your money where your BIG mouth is. I'll wager a G-note on that;do you accept?

LOL

Is that canadian dollars?

Are you Finleys mommy? Or are you the SOFT fata$s himself?

What are you b!tching about? You benched a bonafide stud TE who's on pace to shatter records at the position. Blame Finley all you want, but the reason you suck at FF is...well...you.

And Jennings had 82 yards yesterday. Cruz....12. :unsure:

Also, according to ESPN, STL was the stingiest D against TE. Y'all really expected WR2 numbers this weekend? :huh:

Bench him....I don't care. But you'll miss out on a 70 yard and a TD performance next week on MNF. He'll eat the Vikings up next week.

53, 68, 85, 28, 57 {67, not 57} & 20.... the 85 was the Chicago game...

How is that non-existent?

That's 5 points, 6 points, 26 points, 2 points, 6 points, & 2 points in a 1/10, non-PPR league.

While that's not non-existent, it doesn't match the hype this guy gets. He is "on pace" for about 850 yards and 8 TDs (assuming he can duplicate his performance from week 3). He isn't the top TE, and next year if Gates is healthy (BIG if) and Manning is back, he isn't top-5, IMO. He hasn't done anything to live up to the hype he gets.

And Jennings had 82 yards yesterday. Cruz....12. :unsure:

He had a long pass bounce right off his hands for Rodgers' only INT, too... Should have caught that...

The point is that despite the many weapons, Jennings always gets the targets.... and he will get points.... especially if defenses key on Finley and leave him with less coverage

There's just a ton of dumb people here. If they want to bench or drop Jennings and Finley, don't try to talk them out of it....

They could be in my league :lol:

That's 5 points, 6 points, 26 points, 2 points, 6 points, & 2 points in a 1/10, non-PPR league.

While that's not non-existent, it doesn't match the hype this guy gets. He is "on pace" for about 850 yards and 8 TDs (assuming he can duplicate his performance from week 3). He isn't the top TE, and next year if Gates is healthy (BIG if) and Manning is back, he isn't top-5, IMO. He hasn't done anything to live up to the hype he gets.

You're probably right. No....as a Finley owner....as someone who drafted Finley as the #1 TE....I think you're absolutely right.

But.....I just don't get why folks b!tch about players. I mean, I don't b!tch about Finley....it was my decision to draft him, so either I'm gullible and bought into the hype and shouldn't have. Or I should have traded him after his week 3 explosion. Whatever the case, I'm more pissed with myself than with Finley.

Just don't understand why people b!tch instead of trying to understand the reason for the lack of production....because it seems like if you actually tried to understand that, you might avoid making similar mistakes in the future.

I get it, people need to vent. But if you're seriously contemplating dropping Finley....you're a noob.

There's just a ton of dumb people here. If they want to bench or drop Jennings and Finley, don't try to talk them out of it....

They could be in my league :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me that you play with a bunch of idiots.

:P

Wouldn't surprise me that you play with a bunch of idiots.

:P

That may or may not be true.... but they are Packer Zubaz-wearing idiots....

None of them dumb enough to drop #5 ranked WR Jennings or #5 ranked tight end Finley...

These threads are funny, but then you think you see somebody who you never thought was a total dumbass posting in them and then its just disappointing... :doh:

His three touchdown game was not a fluke. That single handedly won many fantasy games that week for teams with Finley. His other games, especially in ppr have been fine. Lots of tight ends get you 1 point a few weeks. Not good TEs, in ppr scoring. Finley's bad weeks are 8-10 points in ppr. He's going to score more touchdowns as the season goes on to go along with catches and yards. Yeah, based on his career TD%, he's on pace to catch THREE MORE this year. Very few tight ends will get you 3 touchdowns and a win and he's already done it in only 5 games.

Yes, he did it ONCE, not this season, IN HIS CAREER. Thus referring to that game as a fluke, which it was.

Yes, he did it ONCE, not this season, IN HIS CAREER. Thus referring to that game as a fluke, which it was.

Tony from my FF League? Is that you?

OK... Finley is a bust.... And you obviously want to cut your losses and trade him for somebody similar to him...

Let me look at comparable ranked guys.... I will give you Dustin Keller... or Greg Olsen... Owen Daniels?

Pick one guy and we'll make a virtual trade and we'll track them from here on out...

I get the flukey (fat?), slow guy -- Finley...

TIA! :cheers:

*sigh* what am i supposed to do with this guy?!?!?

he was going to revolutionize the TE position this year if he stayed healthy... his words, not mine. i KNOW other teams aren't solely focusing on him when they play GB. rodgers has proven he can spread it around to ANYBODY that's open. if there's one guy to take away on that team it's jennings. he can burn you deep. at least finley can get caught in the middle of the field.

i think the real problem is that GB has too many weapons. unless somebody gets hurt, it's going to be like this all season. not worth the early pick you had to spend on him.

i don't play in te leagues, so i really don't care. but the fact is finley has hands of stone. pure. stone.

that's a lot of the problem with his inconsistency.

This thread cracks me up. People seriously drafted Finley as the #1 overall TE based on his own smack talk? Lol, I love the guy, and he is a piece of work but he has a huge head and anyone that has watched a Packers game over the past couple years should quickly realize that there is no way Finely will ever put up consistent numbers. He'll have his break out games - and I would guess he has a few more monster games this season, but the Pack is more than happy to have him double teamed and running as a decoy in order to open up the rest of their offense. Rodgers will never force feed him the ball all game long, he has too many other matchups to exploit when the defense decides to take away Finley.