Sign in to follow this  
devius

Crazy to bench Vincent Jackson this week?

Wondering if anyone else has thought about benching VJ this week... Although he's coming off a bye he still seems to be a bit banged up. And without Gates to attract coverages it may be all about stopping Jackson. I'm more likely to think Malcolm Floyd should have a good game this week. Am I over thinking it? What are some of you VJ owners doing?

I'm also thinking about it, i get pts for return so im thinking maybe atonio brown in his place. I also have julio jones but he is also banged up so might need to put in brown for him. I guess im going to see who practices more and then make a decision. :dunno:

Depends on who you have to start instead of Jackson. Marshall had a decent yardage game against Revis last week and I would bet the majority of Jackson owners don't have a trustworthy starter on their bench this week to use a replacement.

The only other guy i could start in his place is Gaffney who is Mr. Consistent for getting 50-60 yards, but has 0 upside. I don't expect much from him since hes been banged up and hes definitely going to get Revis all game.

I'm also thinking about it, i get pts for return so im thinking maybe atonio brown in his place. I also have julio jones but he is also banged up so might need to put in brown for him. I guess im going to see who practices more and then make a decision. :dunno:

I too have Julio Jones that I could play instead of Vincent Jackson. Brandon Funston of yahoo has Vincent Jackson red lighted, which means he wouldn't start VJ. He has Julio Jones as a yellow light, which means proceed with caution. I'll probably have to still get by with Vincent Jackson in the lineup and hope for the best. As Mike said, Brandon Marshall still got some yards off Revis.

benching him for little...

-signed

Jets fan

Yeah, that's a move I could be on board with. If you have other viable options by all means...

I am struggling with the same dilema, and am close to benching him for either Nate Washington or Darrius H-B. Both have better matchups this week, and a hobbled, inconsistent V-Jax + Revis = uh-oh...

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking the same thing... If isn't a good match-up to begin with (Revis will be on him), and then throw in the abdomen AND hammy injuries... :unsure:

My only other valid WR to play on each team is N. Washington - same as another poster. Last year Nate was 3/40 and 2/20 with a TD in games vs. HOU; yawn. <_<

I'm benching VJax and Julio Jones in favor of Jordy Nelson and DHB. Just too much uncertainty with their injuries and VJax facing Revis. In any case, Calvin should take up the slack :)

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking the same thing... If isn't a good match-up to begin with (Revis will be on him), and then throw in the abdomen AND hammy injuries... :unsure:

My only other valid WR to play on each team is N. Washington - same as another poster. Last year Nate was 3/40 and 2/20 with a TD in games vs. HOU; yawn. <_<

I've got Washington going right now as well, but could also go with Little.

Last year's numbers for Washington were under different circumstances...different QB, different OC, Kenny Britt, Chris Johnson was good, etc.

Hass seems to have pretty good rapport with Nate, and there really aren't any other options in the passing game.

:glass_half_full:

:dunno:

benching him for little...

-signed

Jets fan

Same. He left after halftime 3 weeks ago. Did nothing 2 weeks ago. Limping around on Revis Island doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

I just hope Little can get revenge on the 2 yard line for tripping him up last week.

Dang, now I'm thinking of throwing Little out there instead too.

ESPN doesn't agree though "Vincent Jackson has a 69.4% chance to outscore Greg Little, whose projected scoring range is 1 to 10 points."

BUT...

"Though he'll pay the always unattractive visit to "Revis Island" this week, V-Jax remains Philip Rivers' only truly healthy, trustworthy option in the receiving game. The downside is steep, but we can't help but see Rivers forcing it in his direction."

-Of course I also have my WEEKLY dilemma of Greene or Sproles at Flex :wall:

I dunno, it seems like his injury is more serious than being reported. This is a big game for the Jets and I have a bad feeling about V Jax. I mistakenly benched Marshall last week and he put up a hundo so I may roll the dice. Its either him, DHB, or D Alexander.

I'm starting him every week he's playing regardless of matchup.

I'm starting him every week he's playing regardless of matchup.

Yeah me too ... I'm getting a funny feeling in my tummy like in Week 1 when everyone and their mom who owned Ray Rice were actually justifing sitting him vs Pitt D.

I'm playing VJax, but my focking WR2 on down blows - DAlexander, ABrown, COchoStinko, MJenkins, JJones (the bad one who plays with HOU), HWard (dropped week before his blowup). My team ROCKS except for WR2, just can't get it right and WRs on the wire blow hard this year. It used to be so damn easy to find a WR2/3 on the wire but what a strange focking year.

If he plays, you play him..regardless. Revis, Asoughma, Champ...meh. He's the #1 period and will get his. Besides, Rex has always said he plans on moving Revis around to cover Gates, Floyd and the backs coming out for the screen pass.

'Vincent Jackson (hamstring) was upgraded to full participation in Thursday's practice.

It's obviously a great sign. Coach Rex Ryan is keeping his plans for Darrelle Revis under wraps. There's sentiment that Revis could see time on V-Jax, Malcom Floyd, and even Antonio Gates this week. Jackson had seven catches for 111 yards against the Jets in the playoffs two years ago.'

If he plays, you play him..regardless. Revis, Asoughma, Champ...meh. He's the #1 period and will get his. Besides, Rex has always said he plans on moving Revis around to cover Gates, Floyd and the backs coming out for the screen pass.

asoughma and champ are not revis. Just wanted to make that point, you can go ahead of start him or not, but just wanted to ensure you understand this point...

Wish I had an option, can't wait to watch Revis pull and grab him all game...

Dude gets away with murder.

Never bench your studs guys c'mon???

Revis got burned by Marshall. He will get burned again. That TD return was BS. He gets too many calls. jackson can bully him and will. he played against Gates from what I remember too some of the time.

Same. He left after halftime 3 weeks ago. Did nothing 2 weeks ago. Limping around on Revis Island doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

I just hope Little can get revenge on the 2 yard line for tripping him up last week.

I'm starting to 2nd guess myself as kickoff approaches. :wall: :wall:

:dunno: :doh: