Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Gronkowski?

Don't say that Mike :mad: My best early round pick is turning into the worst.

After last season and the way he started, one would think they would keep utilizing him even more.

Starting to remind me of Cooley's first year or two.

That really sucked. And if they'd challenged it they would've had two extra minutes left after scoring. Not a genius move by the pats.

Seems like a loooooong time ago that he did anything good. ZERO TDs in like 4-5 games now? He did have one yesterday but they didnt even review it. Hows that for bad karma or whatever?

You. Cant. Rely. On. Pats. TEs. Or. WRs. Ever.

Thanks for reading. :rolleyes:

Seems like a loooooong time ago that he did anything good. ZERO TDs in like 4-5 games now? He did have one yesterday but they didnt even review it. Hows that for bad karma or whatever?

Is this a joke? He had 90 yards receiving yesterday. If that's unreliable, I think your bar is set pretty high for the TE position.

This. Is. Stupid. Gronkowski. Is. As. Consistent. As. Most. TEs.

He's had 2 poor weeks (below 10 points, FFtoday non-PPR) scoring. EVERY top-5 TE has had AT LEAST 1 poor week. It's the nature of the position.

That really sucked. And if they'd challenged it they would've had two extra minutes left after scoring. Not a genius move by the pats.

That sucked! I have Gronk and my opponent had Hernandez. If they had gotten that call right or NE challenged, I would have won the week and would be in first place in the standings. Instead, I lose by 2 freaking points. Gotta love fantasy football.

Is this a joke? He had 90 yards receiving yesterday. If that's unreliable, I think your bar is set pretty high for the TE position.

Not a joke he's really this stupid. He's spent the last few weeks bashing Ray Rice and Forte. Not even worth bothering with........

It looked like Brady was delaying at the line to give them time to review and challenge but it never happened (I was thinking that Fn bastard is one smart SOB). But, good for me since I was playing against Gronk, That should have been a TD.

It looked like Brady was delaying at the line to give them time to review and challenge but it never happened (I was thinking that Fn bastard is one smart SOB). But, good for me since I was playing against Gronk, That should have been a TD.

That's what I thought too, but since they didn't challenge, it cost them WAY too much time. The dynamic of the last NE possession would have been much different if the NE TD had occured at with 4:15 left, rather than 2:35.

There was NO reason not to challenge there, unless they were going to run a quick play (QB sneak?, dive, quick play-action, etc) IMMEDIATELY. If they challenge had been unsuccessful, they lost a time-out, but they stopped the clock, and saved valuable time. If the challenge was successful (which, IMO, it would have been), they would have not lost anything (I don't think they had challenged a previous play, so they still had 1 in their pocket, and the 2-minute warning was coming quick).

It was a tactical error by BB, and he has made a few of them the last few years, despite his reputation as the best coach in the NFL.

Its called the endzone. Its a place where guys go when they want to score Touch downs. I know, I know.... most leagues have all but removed TDs entirely from their scoring formulas. My bad.

Not a joke he's really this stupid. He's spent the last few weeks bashing Ray Rice and Forte. Not even worth bothering with........

Howd Rice do against The Jags? Probably cost many teams a likely important win. Great, he scored 3 yesterday. That just means he wont score for another 2-3 weeks. Forte is a yardage machine. Hes covered in endzone repellant though. Like I says - the difference here is that Im in a league where TDs still mean *something*(No, its NOT TDs-only but our yardage brackets are larger). You guys have basically worked TDs OUT of your scoring systems altogether. Thats fine and all, but you have to realize that not everyone has done this. You are stoopid.

This is the stupidest thread ever...on a weekend where the top 2 TE in the league (both on my team) in Graham and Witten go for 29 and 28 yrds on 4 catches each, someone is gonna b!tch about what Gronk got? Everybody is gonna have a bad week, and anybody who didn't figure Gronk's production would fall off a bit after Hernandez came back from injury is an idiot anyway.

Howd Rice do against The Jags? Probably cost many teams a likely important win. Great, he scored 3 yesterday. That just means he wont score for another 2-3 weeks. Forte is a yardage machine. Hes covered in endzone repellant though. Like I says - the difference here is that Im in a league where TDs still mean *something*(No, its NOT TDs-only but our yardage brackets are larger). You guys have basically worked TDs OUT of your scoring systems altogether. Thats fine and all, but you have to realize that not everyone has done this. You are stoopid.

I don't even play in a PPR or whatever you're crying about. Sounds like you still play in basically a TD only league. Sorry that you are out of touch and living in the past using a long accepted poor scoring system.

But just because some of the best RB's in the NFL aren't great scorers in your lame league it doesn't mean they suck. It means that your league does and nobody else cares. HTH

Its called the endzone. Its a place where guys go when they want to score Touch downs. I know, I know.... most leagues have all but removed TDs entirely from their scoring formulas. My bad.

What are you talking about? Most leagues still have 6 points for TD's so how is that working TD's out of your scoring system? Doesn't it seem logical that if a guy runs for 140 yards without a TD he should score more points then a guy who gets 2 tds on 2 carries for 2 yards??? You complain about guys not scoring TD's, then when a guy gets 3 TD's, you completely dismiss it. Complaining on a board where most people don't play in TD heavy leagues or TD only leagues is stoopid.

I sense much anger in this one.

That sucked! I have Gronk and my opponent had Hernandez. If they had gotten that call right or NE challenged, I would have won the week and would be in first place in the standings. Instead, I lose by 2 freaking points. Gotta love fantasy football.

exact oppposite situation for me. i end up winning by 4 because of this (though i would have had KC def tonight if i was down...benching them now).

I don't even play in a PPR or whatever you're crying about. Sounds like you still play in basically a TD only league. Sorry that you are out of touch and living in the past using a long accepted poor scoring system.

But just because some of the best RB's in the NFL aren't great scorers in your lame league it doesn't mean they suck. It means that your league does and nobody else cares. HTH

FTW!

:lol:

I talked some guy at work into benching Witten for Gronk since the Giants/Pats game would be a shootout. Maybe he shouldn't listen to a guy whose team is 2-6. :ninja:

:lol:

I talked some guy at work into benching Witten for Gronk since the Giants/Pats game would be a shootout. Maybe he shouldn't listen to a guy whose team is 2-6. :ninja:

Not quite as smooth as you thought you were eh?..... ;)

Not quite as smooth as you thought you were eh?..... ;)

Actually, Gronk's late game heriocs make me look like a genius to that guy at work.

Good try though...........move along. :cheers:

Actually, Gronk's late game heriocs make me look like a genius to that guy at work.

Heroics? He had the go-ahead TD go through his hands TWICE, before Brady basically implanted the ball in his sternum.

Heroics? He had the go-ahead TD go through his hands TWICE, before Brady basically implanted the ball in his sternum.

Maybe you should watch the tape again. The first ball was a high rocket that zipped through his fingetips. Yes, it is a ball that you expect him to catch, but by no means was it an "easy" play. The second ball was an underthrown fade; if it had been thrown higher, Gronkowski could have used his height better to go up and get the ball. Again, it is a ball you want him to catch, but because it wasn't high enough and was a bit underthrown, he had to try to go around the defender and lost the ball off of his thigh/knee after he tried to bring it in. The TD catch wasn't even close to his sternum. Brady threw it to the right spot, low and away from the defender, Gronkowski had to dive back to his left, stretch out and catch the ball (with his hands, not his "sternum"), and secure the catch while going to the ground.

Just because you are bitter doesn't mean you should try to twist the facts.

Maybe you should watch the tape again. The first ball was a high rocket that zipped through his fingetips. Yes, it is a ball that you expect him to catch, but by no means was it an "easy" play. The second ball was an underthrown fade; if it had been thrown higher, Gronkowski could have used his height better to go up and get the ball. Again, it is a ball you want him to catch, but because it wasn't high enough and was a bit underthrown, he had to try to go around the defender and lost the ball off of his thigh/knee after he tried to bring it in. The TD catch wasn't even close to his sternum. Brady threw it to the right spot, low and away from the defender, Gronkowski had to dive back to his left, stretch out and catch the ball (with his hands, not his "sternum"), and secure the catch while going to the ground.

Just because you are bitter doesn't mean you should try to twist the facts.

:rolleyes:

Twist facts? I said he had two passes go through his hands. Are you disputing that? You don't seem to be since you say that the first ball- the harder of the two plays IMO - was a ball you would expect him to catch. The second ball hit his hands as well, did it not? I never said either was an "easy" play so I don't know why you would put that in quotes as though I did. Either one of those would have been a nice catch and maybe fairly termed "heroics". The third one, not so much.

What is it you think I'm bitter about?

Well then tell Tom Horrific to throw it to Hernandez instead :mad:

Brady has Gronk on his fantasy team.

:rolleyes:

Twist facts? I said he had two passes go through his hands. Are you disputing that? You don't seem to be since you say that the first ball- the harder of the two plays IMO - was a ball you would expect him to catch. The second ball hit his hands as well, did it not? I never said either was an "easy" play so I don't know why you would put that in quotes as though I did. Either one of those would have been a nice catch and maybe fairly termed "heroics". The third one, not so much.

What is it you think I'm bitter about?

Perhaps twist facts was a bit harsh, however, saying he had passes "go through his hands" indicates they were easy catches. Neither was, but you would expect him to make them, since he is a top TE. The third catch was just as difficult. I put "easy" in quotes because you implied that he didn't catch it as much as Brady made it impossible not to catch. That is just not true, at all. It was an incredibly difficult catch. He was cutting to his right, but the defender was there, so Brady threw it low and hard to his right. He had to dive back (across the momentum his body was heading in) and catch a low hard ball. If the Giants don't come back to win, it was a great, game-winning catch, and you are wrong for implying otherwise.

Perhaps twist facts was a bit harsh, however, saying he had passes "go through his hands" indicates they were easy catches. Neither was, but you would expect him to make them, since he is a top TE. The third catch was just as difficult. I put "easy" in quotes because you implied that he didn't catch it as much as Brady made it impossible not to catch. That is just not true, at all. It was an incredibly difficult catch. He was cutting to his right, but the defender was there, so Brady threw it low and hard to his right. He had to dive back (across the momentum his body was heading in) and catch a low hard ball. If the Giants don't come back to win, it was a great, game-winning catch, and you are wrong for implying otherwise.

It was a post up/stick route and Brady put it right where it needed to be. It was a nice play by Gronk but that's exactly the way the play is designed. The thing about planting it in his sternum was a joke. HTH.

It was a post up/stick route and Brady put it right where it needed to be. It was a nice play by Gronk but that's exactly the way the play is designed. The thing about planting it in his sternum was a joke. HTH.

Where exactly did I say that Brady didn't put it where it needed to be?

The FACT is that Gronkowski made a great play to score a late TD & had the Pats defense not been doing their best impersonation of a sieve, it would have been the game-winner.

Your "jokes" were not at all funny, and not at all accurate. HTH.