Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

D. Murray

Exactly how commited do you all think Jerry Jones is to Felix Jones? When Felix comes back (most likely next week) do you see Murray overtaking him for the majority of carries? I'd think Murraywill at least split carries 50/50 and get GL work?

Felix is garbage. Let Murray have the job and Queen Fragile can get 3rd down duty. He is a v@gina.

This topic has been discussed to death on this bored.

In summary, the collective braintrust of the bored has decided that Murray shall have a legacy greater than the sum of Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Jim Brown combined.

HTH

/thread

hard to say--the cowboys are notorious for declining to make a strong commitment. i'm hoping that the austin breakout will serve as a template for the murray situation. murray has shown that he can be productive with the kind of line play that he's getting. felix hasn't. OTOH, i think what a lot of people are missing is the problems with protection this week. for this reason, felix is going to be a fixture on 3rd down, even though murray is purported to be a more dangerous receiver.

ultimately, you're not going to get value that matches his upside unless someone is desperate, so i'd say that he is a 'hold' right now. i anticipate a 50%/40%/10% arrangement once felix gets healthy, but it's uncertain whether murray is going to be the 50 or the 40. and as i mentioned last week, tanner is going to get some of the GL work due to his running style.

remember when rookie felix started out on fire and everyone was clamoring for phillips to bench MB and start felix?

that's the situation i'm worried about.

People conveniently forget that Murray has gotten a decent amount of the carries all season, with pedestrian numbers. :dunno: He's had a huge game and an ok game.

Do I like him over the long haul more than Felix, certainly. Does he have 'take-your-job-right-now' sort of talent. I don't think so.

Do I like him over the long haul more than Felix, certainly. Does he have 'take-your-job-right-now' sort of talent. I don't think so.

I don't think he's all that either, but Felix Jones seems to have the "lose-my-job-right-now" sort of talent.

People conveniently forget that Murray has gotten a decent amount of the carries all season, with pedestrian numbers. :dunno: He's had a huge game and an ok game.

He had like 70 yards in first half that is not just an ok game....wasnt his fault his defense and romo sucked so bad he couldnt get established in second half.

:thumbsup:

I agree with this. Murray is definitely an intriguing option; however, I think people are forgetting that he's played against two cupcake run-defenses (Rams & Eagles). With Felix coming back soon, I'd expect him to get a healthy number of carries. If you're a Murray owner, I think the best that you can hope for is another Felix injury, which isn't outside the realm of possibility. Otherwise, I think you probably have a time-share between Felix & Murray -- negating the value of both players from a FF perspective.

(I do like Murray next year, though.)

People conveniently forget that Murray has gotten a decent amount of the carries all season, with pedestrian numbers. :dunno:

why even bother posting if you're not going to look at the actual numbers? prior to the bye, he averaged 3.5 carries per game, with a high of 6. that's hardly a 'decent amount'.

since the bye, he's averaging 15.6 carries per game, and 8.2 YPC.

why even bother posting if you're not going to look at the actual numbers? prior to the bye, he averaged 3.5 carries per game, with a high of 6. that's hardly a 'decent amount'.

since the bye, he's averaging 15.6 carries per game, and 8.2 YPC.

What does prior to the bye have to do with anything? That's like saying prior to the bye Tim Tebow was averaging two TD's a game. So friggin what?

These are the facts: Before the St. Louis game he had 25 carries for 73 yards. That's it. You can do this Enron math all you want. Those are the numbers.

What does prior to the bye have to do with anything? That's like saying prior to the bye Tim Tebow was averaging two TD's a game. So friggin what?

These are the facts: Before the St. Louis game he had 25 carries for 73 yards. That's it. You can do this Enron math all you want. Those are the numbers.

That's in 5 games though. Hardly a large enough sample size to determine anything.

It's a larger sample than say, oh, 2 games?

I'm saying on a carries per game basis. I still think the jury is out on him but you can't really put too much stock into getting 2,4,2,6, carries. The 10 carry game was mediocre. He has looked fantastic the last 2 weeks.

EDIT: I'll add. The biggest thing that worries me is the way Dallas will use him. He's better than Felix Jones, I don't have any trouble saying that. But just like against the Eagles they won't stick to the run.

As a Felix owner, I am trying to look at the bright side. Maybe Felix being a 3rd down back and catching passes out of the backfield will actually help in ppr. A few less carries, a few more check down and draw plays on 3rd and long may help him out. I know I am reaching, but looking for something positive.

No, he makes sense. All he's saying is that since the BYE (or in other words, when he took the lead back role w/ Felix getting hurt halfway thru week 6) he's averaging 15.6 carries per game, and 8.2 YPC. Before that he was averging 3.5 carries per game - really can't judge ypc,etc based on that bc those were situational carries. Stop trying to argue for the sake or arguing and check your facts.

No, he makes sense. All he's saying is that since the BYE (or in other words, when he took the lead back role w/ Felix getting hurt halfway thru week 6) he's averaging 15.6 carries per game, and 8.2 YPC. Before that he was averging 3.5 carries per game - really can't judge ypc,etc based on that bc those were situational carries. Stop trying to argue for the sake or arguing and check your facts.

Facepalm. Good post.

I love it when people say stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Especially if they just tried to present their own argument.

:P

I expect a 70/30 split in favor of Murray with Murray getting the goal-line carries. Felix really hasn't done anything to earn a ton of carries. He's mediocre and brittle, while Murray has a lot of promise.

I love it when people say stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Especially if they just tried to present their own argument.

You can't get into any sort of rhythm running an average of 3.5 carries per game. Look at what he has done as a starter. That is a stupid argument.

You can't get into any sort of rhythm running an average of 3.5 carries per game. Look at what he has done as a starter. That is a stupid argument.

Oh really? What type of rhythm was Murray in when he broke that 90+ yard run on his first carry?

:unsure:

Theres a difference b/t presenting an argument and presenting facts. Its usually the side thats wrong that interprets someone presenting facts as presenting an argument. And again, what I just said is not an argument, just a fact.

NOW DANCE BANANA, DANCE! :banana:

I think Felix will start again if he's fully healthy soon. If he comes back gimpy or isn't back for a while then I think Murray will get the majority of carries.

I traded Murray, Felix, and AJ Green last week for McFadden, M.Bush, and T.O. and then I dropped T.O. for Emmanual Sanders. :music_guitarred:

I think Felix will start again if he's fully healthy soon. If he comes back gimpy or isn't back for a while then I think Murray will get the majority of carries.

I traded Murray, Felix, and AJ Green last week for McFadden, M.Bush, and T.O. and then I dropped T.O. for Emmanual Sanders. :music_guitarred:

I think Felix starts too. But I'd expect at least 8-10 carries for Murray at a minimum.

AS a Felix Jones owner I figure he would be focked. I guess we will see. I can see a 60/40 split with murray being the main guy. Felix can still be productive like that. Not like anyone who drafted him expected or anything. I think they will both be flex options at best.

ok, so even using the most congenial numbers for you, that averages out to 5 carries per game. that's about the same number of carries/game that tebow had last season, and fewer than deji karim.

if that's your idea of a "decent amount of carries" for the purposes of evaluating a rookie RB who missed OTAs and a lot of camp, you just don't understand football.

Oh really? What type of rhythm was Murray in when he broke that 90+ yard run on his first carry?

What does that have to do with anything? He had a big hole and a nice cut. That is the point, the more opportunities you have, the better chance you have a breaking a long run. It is hard to judge a RB when he is averaging 3.5 carries a game. Jackie Battle tonight is a great example. He had 4 carries or so for 12 yards. Had he stopped there, his average would look terrible. He received more opportunities and then ran 5 carries for 42 yards. He broke a nice 20 yard gain. Do you not understand? Have you just started watching football? I'm not claiming Murray is the 2nd coming, but in 2 starts he has done very well with his opportunity as the starter. We'll see what happens from here on out.

Just stop it. You are embarrassing yourself.

ok, so even using the most congenial numbers for you, that averages out to 5 carries per game. that's about the same number of carries/game that tebow had last season, and fewer than deji karim.

if that's your idea of a "decent amount of carries" for the purposes of evaluating a rookie RB who missed OTAs and a lot of camp, you just don't understand football.

You're right. I don't understand football. You obviously do.

What does that have to do with anything? He had a big hole and a nice cut. That is the point, the more opportunities you have, the better chance you have a breaking a long run. It is hard to judge a RB when he is averaging 3.5 carries a game. Jackie Battle tonight is a great example. He had 4 carries or so for 12 yards. Had he stopped there, his average would look terrible. He received more opportunities and then ran 5 carries for 42 yards. He broke a nice 20 yard gain. Do you not understand? Have you just started watching football? I'm not claiming Murray is the 2nd coming, but in 2 starts he has done very well with his opportunity as the starter. We'll see what happens from here on out.

You too are correct. I just started watching football. Thank you for that interesting logic. It's pretty hard to eval an RB with limited carries, see Peterson playing behind Taylor/CJ behind Lendale/Charles behind Thomas Jones.

Just stop it. You are embarrassing yourself.

You're right 'I Got Worms'. You have shamed me into giving a s**t. :wave:

People conveniently forget that Murray has gotten a decent amount of the carries

You are conveniently incorrect. Unless you count 14 carries through 4 weeks as a decent amount

It has everything to do with the declaration you made about Murray getting decent amount of carries all year long. If he had, which he clearly has not, they would be evident in the box score.

Let me ask you - did you actually watch any of the Cowboys games this year, or have you just Monday morning qb'd your intel? Cowboys' lifer since '75 - I can assure you I did. I can also tell you that prior to the NE game, Murray enjoyed game carry totals of 2, 6, 2, and 4. Now I'm not certain of what type of scale or fuzzy math you are using - but it's flawed in the real world. To suggest Murray got plenty of carries in those games is ridiculous. Not only that, if you had watched - those carries came at junk, insignificant times.

People gotta get off Murrays nuts... 1 good game vs. STL and hes now the second coming of emmitt smith.

This.

People gotta get off Murrays nuts... 1 good game vs. STL and hes now the second coming of emmitt smith.

Depends on what part of this you are looking at. From a fantasy perspective, agreed. Way too early to tell for sure, especially with the ineptness of the line and passing game. From fan standpoint, plenty to be excited about. I've seen most before Emmitt and all since Emmitt - this kid has something those did not. I hope he gets his full chance, I think he can be really good.

That's not how this bored works.

One great game versus porous run defense = next Walter Payton.

It's somewhere in teh bored rulez.

That's not how this bored works.

One great game versus porous run defense = next Walter Payton.

It's somewhere in teh bored rulez.

Sounds like someone is a little jealous.... Or shall we say "nut" envy!

Some good opportunities in the upcoming games to evaluate what Murray can do.

Personally, 250+ yards vs the Rams then on only 8 carries he gets nearly 80 yards isn't a fluke. The only thing hurting his value going forward is crazy azz Jerry Jones. What does he do with Felix........?