Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Why do people hate Tebow?

Set aside the BS for a second.....

What on earth has this guy ever done for the vitriol that he gets? Im not a denver fan, dont have him on any rosters, etc.

Hes a young player, has some flaws like many do, but man he seems like a very humble, hard working guy.

IMHO i think people dont like him for two reasons.

1) Hes everything we will never be. Not ghey here but hes a great athlete, good enough looking guy, is charitable, humble....you can hardly find a bad thing about the guy. We kind of tend to like to tear these guys down instead of build them up.

2) We tear them down...because we've been let down so many times by our heroes. One comes along and seems perfect and instead of getting our hopes up.....we want to tear him down before HE lets us down.

I dont know if its because he went to florida....hes religous or what it is.....i jsut dont understand the hatred for this kid who from every report...has done and said all the right things since day one.

jesus lives inside of him...,jesus lived a perfect life & look what they did to him on the cross..,

people will persecute him...just like they will do the same to me for writing this

jesus lives inside of him...,jesus lived a perfect life & look what they did to him on the cross..,

people will persecute him...just like they will do the same to me for writing this

Just that - he wears his "faith" on his sleeve. Non-believers find it uncomfortable I guess. I recall a few seasons ago when Kitna was in the limelight and didn't have issue in discussing his beliefs in post-game interviews....he was labelled a freak for it.

For what it's worth, I'm sure he's used to being scrutinized & persecuted for it - but have a feeling it won't negatively affect him personally - which for me is all that matters!

But yes, perhaps people just don't like his play

Just that - he wears his "faith" on his sleeve. Non-believers find it uncomfortable I guess. I recall a few seasons ago when Kitna was in the limelight and didn't have issue in discussing his beliefs in post-game interviews....he was labelled a freak for it.

For what it's worth, I'm sure he's used to being scrutinized & persecuted for it - but have a feeling it won't negatively affect him personally - which for me is all that matters!

I'm just curious about something:

since he's been in the NFL it seems like he has been pretty toned down about all that.

meanwhile, scores of NFL players pray together on the field and regularly issue quotes about how God willed their TD, they do pregame prayer circles in and outside the locker room, talk about how helped them recover from injuries, make the Sign of the Cross, etc.

Drew Brees wrote a book that's popular at least here in NO post Super Bowl and he very much referenced the born again or faith themes. He gets zero attitude from the media or other fans for this.

So what's the difference, exactly? No one can name any of those players offhand?

But yes, perhaps people just don't like his play

Maybe that is it.

but i dont really see him beating that drum that much...maybe im just missing it. Sure he is honest when asked about his faith, but i dont really see him doing it any more or less than other guys who pray, point to the sky or praise the lord the first time a microphone gets in the face.

I mean if thats it....if thats the worst thing this guy is doing.....thats really sad. Like i said...i have no dog in this fight....just staggering to me in an era where we allow convicted dog killers to be heroes to people.....there seems to be a groundswell of hate for Tebow and people want to see him fail.

When....isnt he exactly what we would want our sons to be? And our heroes?

I don't understand it either. I guess it's because of his religious beliefs. I am not a religious person (but, I have my own beliefs in the matter). The guy works and tries hard on the football field....and I respect that. He still needs a lot of work on his passing technique's.

Set aside the BS for a second.....

What on earth has this guy ever done for the vitriol that he gets? Im not a denver fan, dont have him on any rosters, etc.

Hes a young player, has some flaws like many do, but man he seems like a very humble, hard working guy.

IMHO i think people dont like him for two reasons.

1) Hes everything we will never be. Not ghey here but hes a great athlete, good enough looking guy, is charitable, humble....you can hardly find a bad thing about the guy. We kind of tend to like to tear these guys down instead of build them up.

2) We tear them down...because we've been let down so many times by our heroes. One comes along and seems perfect and instead of getting our hopes up.....we want to tear him down before HE lets us down.

I dont know if its because he went to florida....hes religous or what it is.....i jsut dont understand the hatred for this kid who from every report...has done and said all the right things since day one.

Its the mob piling on mentality and frenzied type of Sarah Palin hatred. I live in Denver and you'll find the love and hatred is divided pretty much down liberal and conservative lines as far as values are concerned. Its uncanny. I wish people could separate sports from their worldviews. Sports is supposed to be an escape from all the crap in life.

Quality post troll.

i don't think you understand. Being a Chiefs fan, I generally dislike most players that suit up for the donks in addition to those that don silver and black and those that play for those dolts out in sandy eggo. HTH

The media hype!

Why people hate the Yankees, The Cowboys, Duke, Notre Dame, LeBron James and/or Kobe.

Tebow was an extremely hyped up individual.

People tend to hate the hype not the player (team per se). Even though the players and teams aren't the ones hyping themselves up.

Take T.O. and Ocho for example. The media blew them up. Stuck a microphone in their face EVERY oppurtunity they could. They wasn't holding their own press conference, the got a mic shoved in their face. granted they constantly opened mouth and inserted foot on their own but.......

They're all just jealous. His boyish good looks and dark, wavy, unkempt hair, his rippling muscles that glisten with sweat when he works out. He has it all and they wish they had it.

They're all just jealous. His boyish good looks and dark, wavy, unkempt hair, his rippling muscles that glisten with sweat when he works out. He has it all and they wish they had it.

coughcoughcoughhomocough

:lol:

His draft position and the Media. Don't hate him but it's entertaining as hell esp when he does well haha

The media hype!

Why people hate the Yankees, The Cowboys, Duke, Notre Dame, LeBron James and/or Kobe.

People tend to hate the hype not the player (team per se). Even though the players and teams aren't the ones hyping themselves up.

Take T.O. and Ocho for example. The media blew them up. Stuck a microphone in their face EVERY oppurtunity they could. They wasn't holding their own press conference, the got a mic shoved in their face. granted they constantly opened mouth and inserted foot on their own but.......

I can agree with the hype thing. The only thing is TO and Ocho were looking for the camera...doing things to make sure they got on camera. This is almost the exact opposite of Tebow.

hes been hyped....but its hardly his own doing.

No one hates Tebow. Thinking he's a sh¡tty qb and making fun of his play because people were dumb enough to think he's good doesn't equal hate

It's not his faith. People didn't hate Reggie White, Cris Carter, or Roger Staubach. I think it stems from the heated debate between those who thought he could be a good NFL QB and those who didn't. Those were some vicious debates among people who pay attention to college football and the NFL draft. I came down on the side that said he had a long road ahead of him, but I've never said anything bad about him. I certainly don't hate him or even dislike him. But as a Denver resident, I have the opposite question: why do people love him so much? People here are NUTS about the guy. Why? What has he done? To me that's as irrational as the hatred. He strikes me as kind of a doofus.

i can't stand tebow just because ESPN is a Tebow d*ck sucking network. No matter how poorly he plays the lead story on ESPN is "Tebow Time." No one that plays so poorly and has earned nothing in the NFL deserves so much press. There are better stories in the NFL than a FB playing QB for a losing team

Don't care either way. It's all business. Could care less as long as he produces FF points.

Pray? Great.

Sacrifice goats at halftime while listening to Slayer? Great.

Put up points.....PERIOD. :doublethumbsup:

Just really secure in my masculinity. And so is that Tebow. Mmmmm, Mmm! :banana:

You're a nut!

:lol:

i can't stand tebow just because ESPN is a Tebow d*ck sucking network. No matter how poorly he plays the lead story on ESPN is "Tebow Time." No one that plays so poorly and has earned nothing in the NFL deserves so much press. There are better stories in the NFL than a FB playing QB for a losing team

And this makes you hate Tebow, and not ESPN?

:wacko:

Thom Brennaman thinks you should spend 5 minutes with Tim Tebow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0xTX94VBtE

What is hard to understand about this subject? He is shoved down peoples throats even though he has done nothing on the field. It isn't tebow and please stop using the "it is because he is a christian and his faith" that is such an easy way out to make it seem like people hate those who believe in God. That isn't the reason, at least not the majority. And for the most part, it isn't Tebows fault, it is the fans, the media. If you are a polarizing figure especially undeserving at least by NFL standards, then that comes with the territory. It would be nice, on both side of the fence, if people could just look at Tebow as a player and be honest with their evaluation.

But as a Denver resident, I have the opposite question: why do people love him so much? People here are NUTS about the guy. Why? What has he done? To me that's as irrational as the hatred.

This is the real question... If people treated him like every other backup qb in the league, I would never have even thought about the guy. The more people begged for him to play and the more coverage he got, the more compelled I felt to point out that he's not a good quarterback since, you know, we talk about football here all day. Now I guess I "hate" Tim Tebow.

The funny thing is when the Broncos lucked into that Miami win, it was all "he just wins" and "he makes his teammates play hard" but everyone admitted he wasn't a good qb. Then when he loses, his teammates suck and the coaches are sabotaging him. WTF is going on around here!?! It's madness I tell ya! It's cult-like.

And this makes you hate Tebow, and not ESPN?

:wacko:

:blink: Obviously you don't get it. Peoples anger it towards tebow because of the media, the fans. It is annoying for a gator fan to tell you how great tebow is without admitting he has a crucial flaw in his game, THROWING THE BALL. It is annoying to watch ESPN and the lead story is Tebow even when he plays so bad that it is hard to believe he is playing QB.

Here, let me make it easier for you to understand. I'm a Seminole fan, I hate the gators because of the fans, they are annoying, obnoxious and think the only team that exists or that matters is their team. I hate the team because of their fans. Get it?

Also, as someone else mentioned, if you criticize tebow, that means you hate him. If you don't think he is going to be Steve Young, then you hate him. I think the tebow supporters love to throw the word "hate" around a lot when that isn't the case. They also like to say it is because of his faith. I've never heard anyone who criticized tebow do so because of his faith.

Just really secure in my masculinity. And so is that Tebow. Mmmmm, Mmm! :banana:

I am a Christian and found myself getting irritated with the hype in this years season. But understand this will all play out and no need for bashing a guy who is doing the best with what he has skill wise. I can assure you he is not perfect as in my beliefs there was only one who was perfect. He has some skeletons in the closet but he is doing the best he can everday which is much better than me and alot of others and that brings jealousy.

Here, let me make it easier for you to understand. I'm a Seminole fan, I hate the gators because of the fans, they are annoying, obnoxious and think the only team that exists or that matters is their team. I hate the team because of their fans. Get it?

I understand that your crowd's little tomahawk chop, the chants, and pregame ritual of the raving lunatic indian screaming and carrying on before throwing a burning spear in the middle of the field is racist as hell.

No one is going to feel sorry for a loser Seminole fan.......ever!

Also, as someone else mentioned, if you criticize tebow, that means you hate him. If you don't think he is going to be Steve Young, then you hate him. I think the tebow supporters love to throw the word "hate" around a lot when that isn't the case. They also like to say it is because of his faith. I've never heard anyone who criticized tebow do so because of his faith.

You just got done saying you hate Gator fans so apparently you don't have a problem using the word either. You're giving FSU fans a pretty crappy name in this thread.

I am a Christian and found myself getting irritated with the hype in this years season. But understand this will all play out and no need for bashing a guy who is doing the best with what he has skill wise. I can assure you he is not perfect as in my beliefs there was only one who was perfect. He has some skeletons in the closet but he is doing the best he can everday which is much better than me and alot of others and that brings jealousy.

Preach it brother!

Now settle down. FF Today Main Forum Board is no place for religious or political beliefs. Take that to the geek board. I've got no problem with Tebow whatsoever, never have. I'm a Michigan fan and the only time they faced Tebow in a bowl game they beat him so there's no hate to be found here. I can't stand what the media does but I have no respect for them anyway....they are what they are.

Lighten up.

I understand that your crowd's little tomahawk chop, the chants, and pregame ritual of the raving lunatic indian screaming and carrying on before throwing a burning spear in the middle of the field is racist as hell.

No one is going to feel sorry for a loser Seminole fan.......ever!

Political correct poster is here! Lets make sure we don't offend anyone! I can't tell if you are being half serious or not so I'll leave it at that.

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me and don't care, I was making a point. Every fan base has annoying fans and rivalries are born from the fans, not from one school having a different name and colors then another.

You just got done saying you hate Gator fans so apparently you don't have a problem using the word either. You're giving FSU fans a pretty crappy name in this thread.

I hate gator fans in the way you hate Ohio State fans. Most of my friends are gator fans so I dot literally hate them, figure of speech. I was making a point. You are making Michigan fans look dumber then they are. And I actually like Michigan.

The media hype!

The hype is exactly why people hate him.. But here are a few things as to why it's worse with Tebow

1 - He isn't good

2 - The "hated" individuals and teams you gave as examples are or have been.

3 - He's excruciatingly annoying to watch. Genuine or not, it comes off as super cheesy.

4 - He reminds me of the basketball guy from the movie Bedazzled.