Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

That roughing the passer call on Thomas to negate the Wagner INT was huge.

In the very near future, the best defensive players will play with telekinesis. Lord knows, that a defensive player is not allowed to hit a player with the ball hard.

This team can't win a road game. Next week at Chicago. We will not make the playoffs.

Start Flynn and see what we have with him. Why not?

Discuss.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Russell Wilson's season stats are not impressive and he ranks dead last in the NFL in several categories.

But, whatever. Some people love him, some people don't. :dunno:

Your expectations for a rookie are aggressive IMO.

Your expectations for a rookie are aggressive IMO.

Nobody asked this focking team to start a rookie.

What we have here is a playoff caliber team with few weak spots that signed a QB in Flynn to make a playoff run that decided after the 3rd preseason game to start a rookie. A QB that is not having much of an impact in making a playoff run. Meanwhile, Flynn can't get on the field and we still have no idea if he could have helped.

This is a clusterfock. And will set back this rebuilding effort.

Sherman and browner busted for peds

4 game suspension according to shefter

We had a backup safety Winston Guy suspended for substances last week. This would end our season.

OVER. :wall:

Sherman and browner busted for peds

4 game suspension according to shefter

I hoped you were joking but it's up on rotoworld.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Seahawks starting CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are both facing four-game suspensions for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.

Per Schefter, Sherman and Browner are appealing the bans and "insist they are innocent." The substance for which they were popped is unclear, but their agents claim it's Adderall. Sherman and Browner are integral to Seattle's defense as physical press cornerbacks who make it incredibly difficult for opposing receivers to run pass routes. Sherman is more a shutdown-caliber corner. Browner is 6-foot-4 and more of a ballhawk. We should know more by early this week.

Nobody asked this focking team to start a rookie.

What we have here is a playoff caliber team with few weak spots that signed a QB in Flynn to make a playoff run that decided after the 3rd preseason game to start a rookie. A QB that is not having much of an impact in making a playoff run. Meanwhile, Flynn can't get on the field and we still have no idea if he could have helped.

This is a clusterfock. And will set back this rebuilding effort.

God you are annoying these days. Like Flynn would really do so much better!

RW is not holding this team back at all. He's only thrown the most TD's of any rookie so far with many many issues on offense. Two more today. And his Int's are minimal. He makes plays with his feet when Flynn would be taking sacks. The Stat line lacks because our playcalling is a joke and we play it that way.

You need to get off the RW thing, cause your looking foolish and like a little whiney girl.

Our Def got beat down by a horiable Miami offense in the second half. They are over rated this year and allowing long scoring drives a lot of times this year. You can keep blaming RW all you want, but it's the horiable play calling that is the problem. Time and time again.

That was a horiable playcall screen at the end. We got conservative and if anything we should have run like we usually do. They never roll RW out and they keep trying to run every 1st and 2nd down putting Wilson in 3rd down.

On Def we put NO pressure on QB and we never Blitz. They put Trufunk who shouldn't even be on the team on Miami's best reception reciever and he get's torched 2 times on the final drive alone. Last week too.

And earlier they have a LB trying to cover Bess.

Our Def and Off play calling is a joke. They are inconsistant and boring/predictable most of the time. VANILLA is the proper word. It seems like they open it up more at home, because on the road they always play it safe and stupid.

You keep toting your RW views every other post, but it's so old man. I've highly respected you in the past, but your off the mark and I think a mental block on him. I DO think he's a franchise QB and I think he'll even be better next year. (Hopefully we get a real #1 wr though)

We ARE a rebuilding team. I'm not sure where you got the idea that we are some SB caliber team that should easily make the playoff's. That thought process was wrong from the beginning. We are decent team now, when just a few years ago we were JUNK.

Now we got a grooming rooking QB - And still fighting for playoff's and have a good shot if we could just win on the road.

We are not as close as you think on this team though. Off and Def coordinators need to step up. I don't think they are playoff quality at all.

So with the suspensions looming, does this make Seattle D droppable? I passed on Cleveland and St. Louis D today to start this underperforming unit...

So with the suspensions looming, does this make Seattle D droppable? I passed on Cleveland and St. Louis D today to start this underperforming unit...

I would say so. :(

God you are annoying these days. Like Flynn would really do so much better!

RW is not holding this team back at all. He's only thrown the most TD's of any rookie so far with many many issues on offense. Two more today. And his Int's are minimal. He makes plays with his feet when Flynn would be taking sacks. The Stat line lacks because our playcalling is a joke and we play it that way.

You need to get off the RW thing, cause your looking foolish and like a little whiney girl.

Our Def got beat down by a horiable Miami offense in the second half. They are over rated this year and allowing long scoring drives a lot of times this year. You can keep blaming RW all you want, but it's the horiable play calling that is the problem. Time and time again.

That was a horiable playcall screen at the end. We got conservative and if anything we should have run like we usually do. They never roll RW out and they keep trying to run every 1st and 2nd down putting Wilson in 3rd down.

On Def we put NO pressure on QB and we never Blitz. They put Trufunk who shouldn't even be on the team on Miami's best reception reciever and he get's torched 2 times on the final drive alone. Last week too.

And earlier they have a LB trying to cover Bess.

Our Def and Off play calling is a joke. They are inconsistant and boring/predictable most of the time. VANILLA is the proper word. It seems like they open it up more at home, because on the road they always play it safe and stupid.

You keep toting your RW views every other post, but it's so old man. I've highly respected you in the past, but your off the mark and I think a mental block on him. I DO think he's a franchise QB and I think he'll even be better next year. (Hopefully we get a real #1 wr though)

We ARE a rebuilding team. I'm not sure where you got the idea that we are some SB caliber team that should easily make the playoff's. That thought process was wrong from the beginning. We are decent team now, when just a few years ago we were JUNK.

Now we got a grooming rooking QB - And still fighting for playoff's and have a good shot if we could just win on the road.

We are not as close as you think on this team though. Off and Def coordinators need to step up. I don't think they are playoff quality at all.

You just threw the entire team and coaching staff under the bus to protect Russell Wilson. This is one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

This is not a rebuilding team. Going in to this season, this was a division contending team and a playoff team short of one position. QB. Now, we have a team clinging to playoff life, a team that is dead last in the NFL in scoring, a team dead last in passing offense. A team with a strong defense, a strong running game, and a sh!t passing offense. And nobody forced us to start a rookie QB. Flynn still hasn't played at all this year. We still have no idea what he brought to the table.

14 points. This team scored 14 offensive points against Miami. 1-5 on the road. In FG range, then you have a QB throw one of the most ill advised passes in the history of the league, and then compounds it with a sack. This loss is clearly at the feet of Wilson. It bothers me when people say how great Wilson is, when we can watch Luck, Griffin, and Tannehill with more potential, talent, and better long term prospects. We might at best have the next Trent Dilfer, I guess.

Do you think this team somehow has a huge window opening up? How many more seasons do you expect out of M Lynch, C Clemmons, Leon Washington, Z Miller? J Jones has a one year deal. Except for the young secondary, where else is the emerging young talent. The LBs are mediocre at best. We still don't have a pass rush. The offensive line is a mess even after all those early draft picks. It's not an accident this team was pursuing Peyton Manning, with whom this team would probably be 9-2 or something ridiculous like that. Last year, our needs going into the draft were defensive end, linebacker, QB, wide receiver. This year going into the draft, our needs are defensive end, linebacker, QB, wide receiver.

Absolutely no blame is placed on the coaches for yesterday. Twice in the game, only twice did Seattle run the ball 1st and 2nd down. The entirety of the rest of the game, they were mixing up the play calls. The problem is this dink and dunking passing attack scares nobody. Stack the box, shut down Lynch, and you probably beat this team. Wilson did not have to force the screen pass into coverage. Just throw it high and out of bounds.

Frankly, I'm sick of this almost contending garbage year after year, and self sabotaging our chances. Beating Chicago next week would not change a thing. It's time to start to focus on the draft I think. This team is dead in the water. I'd like for them to continue to win, but my heart isn't into it anymore.

Why is everybody so dead set against placing any focking blame on Wilson at all? Like it's taboo. Oh, you can't blame a rookie QB, the are blameless their first year. Well, Wilson is not playing well, and nobody seems to care. The team can't score 20 points a game. Worst in the league. If you can't blame the QB for that, you want to blame Marshawn Lynch for not doing his part? Then who? For fock's sake, Tannehill schooled Wilson yesterday. I'm so sick of getting my hopes up for this team, year after year.

And another thing. Carroll gushes about how much studying Wilson does of the playbook, studies it day and night. And yet, somehow, we have a simplified playbook for him to run. Which begs the question, is Russell Wilson mentally retarded? Does he not understand how to read and think. A normal human being could have memorized the entire Bible in this time that has gone by. Wilson understands a pamphlet. Lies, all lies. Wilson is a blithering moron. Oh, and thank you Bruce Irvin for continuing to be invisible most weeks. HAHAHAHHAHA. I must be taking crazy pills.

:wall:

Russell Wilson is your starting QB. Matt Flynn won't start unless Wilson gets hurt. End of conversation. Time to move on.

Russell Wilson is your starting QB. Matt Flynn won't start unless Wilson gets hurt. End of conversation. Time to move on.

I acknowledge that as factually correct.

However, I am not pleased by the current state of the team, some of the decisions made, nor some performances.

I guess that pretty much sums up all my ranting and raving the past day or two. I'll see if I can be a bit less ballistic in the near future. Probably not.

Bills QB Tarvaris Jackson believes he got a raw deal in Seattle this past offseason.

"When they already had Matt (Flynn) and they drafted Russell (Wilson), I figured I'd be the odd man out," said Jackson. "They were kind of screwing me around. They had their plan the whole time, either Russell or Matt. It was obvious when we got to camp, especially in preseason when I didn't play." A healthy scratch all season, Jackson is a free agent in 2013.

:lol:

Maybe it was because you aren't very good?

Feels like today should be a low scoring, turnover filled game in our yearly game with the Bears. I wonder if Bears are a semi-divisional rival since we play them constantly. After some media attention this week, for drugs and losing yet another road game, I suspect this is a game the Seahawks will actually win after last week's horrible effort. Ebb and flow of the NFL.

Bills QB Tarvaris Jackson believes he got a raw deal in Seattle this past offseason.

"When they already had Matt (Flynn) and they drafted Russell (Wilson), I figured I'd be the odd man out," said Jackson. "They were kind of screwing me around. They had their plan the whole time, either Russell or Matt. It was obvious when we got to camp, especially in preseason when I didn't play." A healthy scratch all season, Jackson is a free agent in 2013.

:lol:

Maybe it was because you aren't very good?

Tackson played with a torn pectoral muscle for last 3/4 of the season. While he couldn't win any close games and the team could never come back in the 4th quarter, I give him all the credit in the world for playing through a lot of pain. He didn't even have a running game to help him until the 2nd half of the season. And a shortened off season on top of it. He wasn't great, I wouldn't even call him good, but he did an OK job for what he was and what the circumstances were. In retrospect, Carroll could have handled the QB situation this year with a lot more class than he did. But, water under the bridge.

Wow...just wow. All three fumbles in this game have been highly questionable (all in Chicago's favor) and then Mike Carey reverses a beautiful diving Braylon Edwards catch with ZERO undisputable video evidence. Of course Pereira agrees with the call.

Seattle has stolen the momentum but HOLY FOCK! :rolleyes:

Wow...just wow. All three fumbles in this game have been highly questionable (all in Chicago's favor) and then Mike Carey reverses a beautiful diving Braylon Edwards catch with ZERO undisputable video evidence. Of course Pereira agrees with the call.

Seattle has stolen the momentum but HOLY FOCK! :rolleyes:

Chicago just had a 95 yard drive for a TD where the refs absolutely kept the drive alive several times with highly questionable calls in Chicago's favor. Just 100% blown calls. The Edwards TD that was overturned was just a tragedy. Wish that the pass to Miller on the goal line was more catchable so the refs didn't get a chance to job the Edwards TD.

Funny how we get used to the bullshit after so many years. What can you do? :dunno:

And why did they abandon the run? It's been very effective. It's a close game.

How do you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again? Fock. Seriously? How can you not cover Marshall?

And...overtime. I think I'm going to go pour my first drink of the day. And not stop.

How do you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again? Fock. Seriously? How can you not cover Marshall?

Cant blame Wilson for this BS!

Seriously, I hope they lose and miss the playoffs. I'm sorry but giving up a 50+ yard pass to the guy making up 80% of Chicago's offense with half a minute on the clock is focking unacceptable. :thumbsdown:

Seriously, I hope they lose and miss the playoffs. I'm sorry but giving up a 50+ yard pass to the guy making up 80% of Chicago's offense with half a minute on the clock is focking unacceptable. :thumbsdown:

Are both of Seattle's starting corner backs out though?

Settle down!

First of all, that guy who gives the ref perspective in the Fox studios on reviews is a focking moron. A complete focking drooling retard that doesn't know what his bug eyes are looking at. And this waterhead is King of the Refs. Look around the league today. The refs blow call after call. It's a joke. The replacement refs were better. Less pass interference calls. They were consistent. These refs all over the league are inconsistent, lazy, and stupid.

Next, fock that assh0le from the Bears who clearly tried to hit Rice in the head on the game winning play. I hope his kids grow up to be ugly.

For the first time, I felt good about the way Wilson played this year. Just really impressed by the 99 yard drive at the end of regulation and the winning drive in OT. Sure, the Bears defense got worn out and they couldn't figure out how to defend the bootlegs/roll outs. The passing was top notch. Tate and Rice and Baldwin all played big down the stretch. Lynch was his usual solid self, other than the fumble. How, how the bloody hell, do you not knock down the pass that Marshall caught to force O.T. Did everybody forget the Green Bay game already. Knock. It. Down. The defense was shaky at times, solid at times.

Minnesota losing helps. Root against Tampa Bay, Washington, Dallas the rest of the weekend. All the pregame shows were gushing about all the other teams in the playoff hunt other than the Seahawks. Except for Eisen. So, of course Seattle won. Crazy stuff.

SF and St Louis threatening to tie again. Crazy stuff.

Still in the divisional hunt.

The remaining schedule has three home games and a neutral game site in Toronto. SF has to play Miami, New England, and then Seattle.

The Seahawks have Arizona, Buffalo, then a possible game for the division with SF.

But without a likely concussed Rice next week, it will be tricky to beat Arizona in an obvious let down spot. Still, the chance is there, especially if the QB carousel in SF starts to spin.

And I can't go 5 minutes without mentioning how awful the officiating was today. Just awful.

Wow that was intense but a great finish by the offense.

I can't believe Sherman tried to catch that ball in regulation. Dude must've run out of adderall and forgot everything he is taught.