Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

time for Scruggs and Howard to step up. Not the easiest game to throw them into the fire, but with Jones out and Branch a little gimpy, they'll have to be in the rotation a decent amount. I fear Gore running wild in this one.

Inactive: CB Trufant, CB Thurmond, CB Shead, G Johnson, G Moffitt, T Person, DT Howard

Well, not having Trufant and Thurmond will really hurt the secondary. It's nice to have Sherman tonight, but it's going to be an adventure in the secondary.

Inactive: CB Trufant, CB Thurmond, CB Shead, G Johnson, G Moffitt, T Person, DT Howard

Well, not having Trufant and Thurmond will really hurt the secondary. It's nice to have Sherman tonight, but it's going to be an adventure in the secondary.

Moffitt? Who thecfock is playing guard? Sweezy? Crap!

Moffitt? Who thecfock is playing guard? Sweezy? Crap!

Yeah, that's my best guess.

I've refused to give the Seahawks any credit this year up to this point. Wasn't a believer in Wilson leading them & thought their defense wouldn't be able to keep up the pace they began with.

I'm a believer tonight. Impressive game by both the offense & defense against the 49er's. For how young this team is, it's even more impressive. If the Seahawks were able to secure the #1 or #2 seed, it would be a death sentence for any team having to go into CenturyLink Field & expect to make it out alive in the playoffs.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Seattle makes the playoffs having beaten their last three opponents 150-30. We have 4 or 5 guys playing at an elite level (and that probably conservative).

The offense has ignited like a California wildfire. Where the FOCK did this all come from?!? I'm scared to even talk about it because I don't want to jinx things.

Wow :cheers:

Realllllllyyyy good team...have a feeling they peaked too early this year but they will win a SB with this current crop of talent.

Very simple playoff scenarios.

A Seattle win and San Fran loss and Green Bay loss = #2 seed.

A Seattle win and San Fran loss = #3 seed.

Anything else that happens, #5 seed, on the road, to play the NFC East division winner. I'm not sure who I'd rather see, Dallas or Washington.

What are Wilson's "major flaws" besides being one inch shorter than that suckass midget Drew Brees?

I watched every minute of every game he played in last year (4 of them live) and I'd like you to enlighten me what his major flaws are.... He has minor flaws that many youngsters have... but he has incredible work ethic and smarts...

I will admit that I don't know much about SEA, but I do know that they always have good talent on both sides of the ball but are always hampered by a craptastic to mediocre quarterback play...

You had a chance to take a unique talent when all you have at QB right now is suckass Tavaris Jackson and some guy who's played all of two games in his career...

The rest of the Seahawks draft may have indeed sucked like you say... but I can't trust your judgment based upon your irrational misevaluation of Russell Wilson's talent....

I am so wise :thumbsup:

This was a great back-and-forth that Phillybear and I had back in the day.... I hope he's still not embarrassed about how much I was right and he was wrong...

I brought much-needed sanity and football knowledge to this here thread..... there is no need to thank me....

Great season, Seahawks!

I have a feeling that we shall see you again.....

.... in the playoffs :banana:

ETA: Merry Christmas!!!

This was a great back-and-forth that Phillybear and I had back in the day.... I hope he's still not embarrassed about how much I was right and he was wrong...

I brought much-needed sanity and football knowledge to this here thread..... there is no need to thank me....

Great season, Seahawks!

You called it Don. I actually just popped into this thread again to see Phillybear's thoughts...

I think former NFL QB (and local radio analyst) Hugh Millen was the only one harder on Wilson and his draft selection than Phillybear.

Great season, Seahawks!

The all knowing phillybear is not too proud to admit when a mistake has been made. I'd hate to go back and reread that faulty philosophy, but I'm sure phillybear will at some point.

You also need to understand the frustration of that draft day. The biggest weakness on the team was lack of pass rush. And still is. This team still can't generate pressure unless it blitzes. The team already had Matt Flynn in the back pocket. The Seahawks reach for a project DE with the first pick and lost out on their coveted LB in the 2nd round. I think I was OK with Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round at the time, but that I'll have to review. His resume was that he was smart, but not overly talented. But the draft was not going well at that point nonetheless. And then a QB is taken in the 3rd. I think any QB at that point would have been a point of contention. Going forward, into future drafts, I think I need to factor in how inflated the price of QBs will be going forward. QBs used to have set draft value. But like in a fantasy football draft when suddenly there is a stampede, a draft run on TEs in the 3rd round, for example. Either you grab one that isn't a 3rd round value right there, or you draft something else of greater draft value and pick up a TE later. Well, the NFL has now gone several years of chasing QB prospects early, and standard draft analysis no longer applies to that position. You have to draft QBs higher than normal because all the other teams are jackasses and will take one way too early. So you could have a stronger all around team, but without an early round QB, you just don't have the balanced team. I don't know if that made any sense, but phillybear realizes that he was off on the draft selection of Wilson. It's not the first time. I spent years arguing about John Carlson and how much he was overrated while diehard Seahawk fans proclaimed him the best young TE in the league. Nobody can be 100% all the time. Russell Wilson is having a heck of a year and exceeded all my expectations. So far. However, I also strongly feel that I am never wrong, so this post does not exist as far as I'm concerned.

I still don't like most of the draft from that day. Wagner and Wilson have worked out. The rest of the picks, meh. I like Robert Turbin at RB, but nobody expected him to start, but he's been OK. Lane started at CB last night, but that was because 3 guys ahead of him were out. Sweezey started on the offensive line last night, but that was due to injuries too. Because the top two draft picks from 2 years ago, both linemen, have been underwhelming at best. But, if you get solid 2 starters out of a draft, it can't be considered a bust. I don't think value was maximized, which is always my contention, year in year out. If the players work out, great. But I'll keep insisting on maximizing value so that you have as many top prospects as possible so that you can restock your roster rather than adding 6 or 7 project guys that fall out of the league within a year and a half. I'm not changing my draft philosophy overall, just adjusting for QB inflation going forward.

Also, I never want to hear whining from NFL and/or Green Bay fans over the catch every again. Seattle knocked Chicago out of first place for Green Bay, and then knocked San Fran out of the 2nd seed. That is twice, TWICE, that Green Bay has been helped, so no more lamenting.

OK, I reread a lot of the draft stuff. I kind of miss 12th Man, as that moron was a catalyst for quite a bit of hate that spilled over. Good times, good times.

Of particular note, I laughed at "drafted Peter Dinklage to be the QB of the future". Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Let it be known. phillybear is an ass.

I'd rather face Washington and their pillow-soft defense. Plus our guys would have a little more of a chip on their shoulder playing against a guy they suspect will be slighting their guy for ROY. Our speed on defense should be able to contain the dude.

Ratings would be through the roof too.

Link

If some of the Seahawks wanted Carroll to put it on Harbaugh, they had their reasons. Two Seattle defensive backs, Sherman and Earl Thomas, told Y! Sports that Harbaugh drove by the Seahawks' team bus in the Candlestick Park parking lot following the Niners' 13-6 victory in October and mockingly saluted the vanquished visitors.

"He honked his horn at the bus and waved," said Sherman, who did not witness the incident. "That happened — a bunch of the guys told me. Yeah, he was [honking]."

Said Thomas, noting that Harbaugh turned 49 on Sunday: "Happy birthday — that's what you get. Yeah, he [honked at us]. It seems like he tries to be a professional in front of the camera, but he does his antics, like that, when the cameras aren't around.

Harbaugh. Nice job :lol:

Link

If some of the Seahawks wanted Carroll to put it on Harbaugh, they had their reasons. Two Seattle defensive backs, Sherman and Earl Thomas, told Y! Sports that Harbaugh drove by the Seahawks' team bus in the Candlestick Park parking lot following the Niners' 13-6 victory in October and mockingly saluted the vanquished visitors.

"He honked his horn at the bus and waved," said Sherman, who did not witness the incident. "That happened — a bunch of the guys told me. Yeah, he was [honking]."

Said Thomas, noting that Harbaugh turned 49 on Sunday: "Happy birthday — that's what you get. Yeah, he [honked at us]. It seems like he tries to be a professional in front of the camera, but he does his antics, like that, when the cameras aren't around.

Harbaugh. Nice job :lol:

Harbaugh is a dooshbag. I hope he enjoyed the assraping on his 49th birthday.

I'm a fan of great defense and a strong running game and I really love overachievers like Wilson. I also tend to root for the underdog. I'd be pulling for the Seahawks all the way if their fans here weren't such whiny arseholes. :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of great defense and a strong running game and I really love overachievers like Wilson. I also tend to root for the underdog. I'd be pulling for the Seahawks all the way if their fans here weren't such whiny arseholes. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

On another note, with them not being able to take care of business against the 9ers then focking me in my FF championship (started Ridley and Hernandez) I hope the Pats get destroyed in the playoffs. Just focking dismantled to the point that Hoodie and Brady are both in tears. Fock those guys. :mad:

GFY

I'll be pulling for them dispite their whiney fans. The team is just fun to watch and they don't have any players I dislike at all.

I'll be pulling for them dispite their whiney fans. The team is just fun to watch and they don't have any players I dislike at all.

:sleep:

This team is making me giddy.

Wilson evading the rush with his feet and making something happen with his arm.

Marshawn fighting/clawing/scratching for extra yards.

Chancellor decleating receivers.

Sherman stepping in front of throws and going back the other way.

Big Red blocking field goal attempts.

Okung sealing off the blind side.

Clemons bringing heat on opposing QBs.

Baldwin making tough catches look easy.

And best of all, the core of the team is young and hungry.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

I just think that a few of them are.... and the loud, whiney, obnoxious ones always out-shout the cool, normal ones...

Seahawk fans I've met in real life have been pretty cool. :thumbsup:

I'll be rooting for those fockers if by some miracle they beat da Pack :cheers:

How can you not root for little Rusty Wilson? And how did that amazing little midget NOT win a national championship for the Badgers? :dunno:

You made a bet on the Eagles/New England Superbowl, loser leaves the board for 6 months. You lost. You welched less than a week later.

And you want to besmirch other fans?

Today, Seattle is likely to sign DE Ray Edwards. He did play very well at times with Minnesota, but didn't do much after joining Atlanta, and then was cut by the Falcons this year.

Interesting, to say the least. Can Edwards still play? Dunno. Could he help with the pass rush? He can't be any worse than what we have after Clemmons. Is he a headcase, as reported? Dunno, but Carroll certainly can motivate. Maybe the coaches are seeing what all of us are seeing. A lack of pass rush without blitzing. After losing Jason Jones, nobody else is going to step up to help with pressure. I think Edwards is worth a trial run. Doesn't hurt that you could get some insight into Atlanta's defensive schemes if Seattle advances to the 2nd round. I'm sure Bevell had some insight as he watched Edwards at practice in Minnesota.

I just think that a few of them are.... and the loud, whiney, obnoxious ones always out-shout the cool, normal ones...

Seahawk fans I've met in real life have been pretty cool. :thumbsup:

I'll be rooting for those fockers if by some miracle they beat da Pack :cheers:

How can you not root for little Rusty Wilson? And how did that amazing little midget NOT win a national championship for the Badgers? :dunno:

My favorite part was when they went through his collegiate history and avoided the fact that Tom Obrien completely mismanaged him and forced him to leave... Wisconsin has been pretty successful at plucking final year seniors from mismanaged programs..

Looks like Okung will be the starting LT in the pro bowl, unless he's prepping for the SB that is :thumbsup:

Okung has fulfilled the potential we all knew he had, the minute he got drafted. All he had to do was stay healthy.

That being said, the ProBowl is utter sh!t that rarely rewards deserving players. If any of the Seahawks make it, fine, I hope they had a clause in their contract for the honor and they get paid. Other than that, fock it. The less that make the ProBowl, the more chips on their shoulders they carry into the playoffs.

The less that make the ProBowl, the more chips on their shoulders they carry into the playoffs.

Oh man...If Sherman wins his appeal and plays through the play offs he is gonna have one big chip on his shoulder. He is the biggest snub of the pro bowl. He will be super dangerous to prove his point. Best corner in the NFL.