Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

The Vegas line has ATL favored from 1 to 2.5 points...

Pretty much a pick game... That's a big statement for the hawks considering they are playing the #1 seed at home

Scientist, is that you?? Did they run you outta there? What a joke you Seattle kids are.

Nope, not me. I actually can't post there. But I still lurk. They have about a dozen quality posters between administration and regular joes that are very good for dynasty info, and scouting draft classes. Plus they added Waldman a little while back, and his info is top notch.

I got banned back in the day when we had today/guys grudge matches and like you I thought flame wars were cool. Luckily I've matured since then.

Come to think about it. I've been a loyal guy in this joint for a really long time. I was here before "Kopy". I lost my info and mike's first hamster died so I had to re-register.

:mad: Still waiting for a t-shirt :doh:

The Vegas line has ATL favored from 1 to 2.5 points...

Pretty much a pick game... That's a big statement for the hawks considering they are playing the #1 seed at home

Yup, Vegas expects a Seahawk win.

Yup, Vegas expects a Seahawk win.

Vegas is smart... gamblers are not. Vegas laid a trap with ATL laying only 1 to 2.5 points..... lots of money will be on the Falcons. Vegas will come up next weekend.

Bradley interviewing in Filthydelphia and now it appears Bevell will be interviewing in Chicago.

The final domino to fall would be seeing Tom Cable start getting phone calls. At this point, I'd hate to see any of the coaches leave.

Silly Pierre!! :lol:

Many pro athletes thrive on what they perceive to be personal slights. It appears Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is one of those athletes.

Throughout the Seahawks 24-14 Wild Card win over Washington, Browner and Redskins’ wide receiver Pierre Garcon engaged in trash talk. Multiple times the two needed to be separated by the referees as they pushed and shoved one another.

After the game, Browner explained his motivation to challenge Garcon.

“You know they didn’t respect us like they [were] supposed to,” Browner said. “Going into the game, Garcon said he didn’t even know my name. You know, you play disrespectful, you get treated like it.”

The Wild Card game against the Redskins was Browner’s first game back after serving a four-game suspension for violating the league’s performance enhancing drug policy.

Asked last week if he expected Browner to be rusty from the four-game layoff, Garcon reportedly said he did not even know Browner’s name and was not worried about him.

Browner took exception to the comment.

“They don’t respect us, but I bet he knows my last name now,” Browner said. “Bet he do. If he don’t, he got a whole offseason to think about it.”

Looking forward to Seattle’s next game against the Atlanta Falcons, Browner did not want to say much.

“Talking about Atlanta, Roddy White and Julio Jones, those guys are great wide receivers. We got a challenge ahead of us,” Browner said.

“I don’t like to brag, I just want to do that to Pierre Garcon. I won’t talk about Julio Jones or Roddy White until it’s time to play.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/brandon-browner-sends-message-pierre-garcon

That's funny. Browner was in the Pro Bowl last year and is a self-made player, working his way over from the CFL.

Garcon was just a product of playing with Manning.

The final domino to fall would be seeing Tom Cable start getting phone calls. At this point, I'd hate to see any of the coaches leave.

Yeah, I'd expect him to get offers. The line has been night and day since he came to town.

Sxxxxx Gxxxxx ‏@devouredbychaos

@TomEdBrady12 anyway I can possibly get a future HOF QB to follow me? Dedicated fan thru thick n thin. Live on the Cape, maybe I'll see ya!

:lol:

Bringing in Ryan Longwell and Neil Rackers for an audition this week.

I think Longwell had the bigger leg. I could be wrong...

Playing in a dome this week; Longwell kicked in Minny for a long time. Bring him in.

Haha.... Longwell

Seahawks are not allowed to sign coaches or players unless if they have been Badgers or Packers :thumbsup:

Hauschka placed on IR and is done for the season. Ryan Longwell is our kicker, for better or for worse.

Link

Our newest DE...

The Seattle Seahawks brought in the NFL's best available pass-rushers for a tryout to fill injured defensive end Chris Clemons' shoes. And Patrick Chukwurah beat them all out.

A source with knowledge of the Seahawks' plans said Tuesday the team will sign the pass-rusher and special-teamer, who will be available to play in Sunday's NFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Atlanta Falcons. Chukwurah will fill the roster spot left open by Clemons, who has a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Chukwurah, who most recently led the United Football League in sacks two years in a row, beat out Aaron Maybin, Ray Edwards and Travis LaBoy in a tryout. Chukwurah last played in the NFL in December 2008 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Chukwurah's best season came in 2006, when he had 4.5 sacks for the Denver Broncos. The 6-foot-1, 250-pounder held out hope that he'd still play in the NFL, despite working as a personal trainer and being out of the league for years. Now, he's back.

Link

Our newest DE...

The Seattle Seahawks brought in the NFL's best available pass-rushers for a tryout to fill injured defensive end Chris Clemons' shoes. And Patrick Chukwurah beat them all out.

A source with knowledge of the Seahawks' plans said Tuesday the team will sign the pass-rusher and special-teamer, who will be available to play in Sunday's NFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Atlanta Falcons. Chukwurah will fill the roster spot left open by Clemons, who has a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Chukwurah, who most recently led the United Football League in sacks two years in a row, beat out Aaron Maybin, Ray Edwards and Travis LaBoy in a tryout. Chukwurah last played in the NFL in December 2008 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Chukwurah's best season came in 2006, when he had 4.5 sacks for the Denver Broncos. The 6-foot-1, 250-pounder held out hope that he'd still play in the NFL, despite working as a personal trainer and being out of the league for years. Now, he's back.

I think key aspect here is that he can play ST. Look for Mike Morgan and KJ Wright to pick up some of the pass rushing snaps that would have gone to Clemons. The new guy will then be able to take Morgan's spot on ST.

I think key aspect here is that he can play ST. Look for Mike Morgan and KJ Wright to pick up some of the pass rushing snaps that would have gone to Clemons. The new guy will then be able to take Morgan's spot on ST.

Although, is there enough time to teach special teams scheme in 2 days and little practice?

The guy was a force in the UFL, their best pass rusher for a couple of years. Yeah, yeah, UFL. But Browner was a corner in the CFL, so who knows. He is built like a speed rusher and worked under Gus Bradly in Tampa Bay. He might get some snaps.

Never heard of Chuckwaralazulu.

Depending on Longwell for the rest of the postseason is a little scary. We'll see.

I like the Longwell signing myself. I think he is a very accurate kicker for where we will ask him to kick

(Similar to the range of our guy)

He's a vet that's been around the block. I'm very happy with the move.

Although, is there enough time to teach special teams scheme in 2 days and little practice?

The guy was a force in the UFL, their best pass rusher for a couple of years. Yeah, yeah, UFL. But Browner was a corner in the CFL, so who knows. He is built like a speed rusher and worked under Gus Bradly in Tampa Bay. He might get some snaps.

Forget ST, it looks like Chewbacca is going to rotate with Scruggs:

It's also worth noting that Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times believes Chukwurah will rotate snaps with rookie defensive end Greg Scruggs as Bruce Irvin's backup. Even in limited snaps, he could make his presence felt just like he did in the UFL where he led the league in sacks in consecutive years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1477007-patrick-chukwurah-returns-to-the-nfl-but-does-he-have-much-to-offer?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=seattle-seahawks

It must suck to be you right now.

WE!

Don't worry if you lose this week, sit back have a few latte's and know you will be back in division playoffs next year. I am pretty confident your opponents team will have a one legged QB next year in wildcard playoffs.

No worries

WE!

Never heard of Chuckwaralazulu.

Depending on Longwell for the rest of the postseason is a little scary. We'll see.

Since I can't pronounce his name. I'll just call him chucky.

How great would it be for Carroll to find another Browner.

Can lightening strike twice.

WE!

Don't worry if you lose this week, sit back have a few latte's and know you will be back in division playoffs next year. I am pretty confident your opponents team will have a one legged QB next year in wildcard playoffs.

No worries

WE!

Who has OCD now? :rolleyes:

You're pathetic.

Who has OCD now? :rolleyes:

You're pathetic.

I wash my hands a lot is that what you are talking about?

Loved where he ran his mouth and Williams smacked him.

Of course you did. Because that's your style. Walk up to a guy with a helmet on and then throw a little fairy open handed punch. Totally your style.

Of course you did. Because that's your style. Walk up to a guy with a helmet on and then throw a little fairy open handed punch. Totally your style.

I try to stay out of all these ridicules flame wars around here, but this comment was just to funny.

Thanks for the laughs! :lol:

:bandana:

It is my style to enjoy a trash talker getting smacked.

He runs his mouth.

Williams was a punk...but call that shot a fairy is funny...given youd still be drinking your meals if he hit you like that.

Williams apologized and Sherman was totally gracious in accepting. No biggie.

Williams knows his ass is getting fined.

It is no biggie...just find it funny he gave the "what you gonna do boy" and got smacked for it when Williams told him what he was going to do.

We are going to need a big game from Greg Scruggs.

Irvin is not an every-down DE. He's going to have to take some snaps off, probably a fair number of 1st down plays.

I realize he's just a 7th rounder, but Browner was an UFA, so hopefully here's another diamond in the rough. Scruggs has had whole season to learn the defense, whereas the new guy is just that, a new guy, will take time to learn schemes, stunts, etc.