Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

Football Outsiders has the Seahawks as the best offense in the league over the regular season. Rush offense #1, Pass offense #4, Overall #1.

Too bad Football Outsiders isn't what counts. I could put together a bunch of stats and somehow skew it so Seattle looks like the #1 offense too. And honestly, you can't sit here and say that their offense was better than the Patriots. Maybe over the last few games they put up some points, but as a whole, no..not even close. I'd consider the Seahawks maybe a top 5 offense.

Too bad Football Outsiders isn't what counts. I could put together a bunch of stats and somehow skew it so Seattle looks like the #1 offense too. And honestly, you can't sit here and say that their offense was better than the Patriots. Maybe over the last few games they put up some points, but as a whole, no..not even close. I'd consider the Seahawks maybe a top 5 offense.

wait a sec. First you say it's an average offense, and now it's a top 5 offense? :blink:

if you're not familiar with Football Outsiders, go check it out. People who claim their numbers are skewed are generally people who have never bothered to read about their methodology.

for what it's worth, they had the Pats as the #2 overall offense. Actually the mirror image of the Seahawks - #1 passing, #4 rushing. I would say they're pretty much in the same neighborhood. I'll grant you that I'd rather have Brady over Wilson, but I'd also rather have Lynch than Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead or any other RB on that roster.

unless of course you're determined to believe that the Pats have by far the greatest offense in the league, in which case, ignore all the season-long stats that actually do adjust for quality of opponent, game situations, etc., and argue whatever you'd like to argue. That's a lot easier. :lock:

And who exactly are the football outsiders and why do they matter? Look, Seattle has a solid young team that has the potential to be competitive for a while. I wouldn't get the anointing oil out just yet as Parcells says. I wouldn't place them all in canton just yet either. Lets see them win a ROAD playoff game against a great team. Well all talk after today's game to see if there is anything to even talk about. If they just look mediocre and get beat badly, then it's just the same old Seabags.

They matter b/c they can help settle arguments between people like you and me. Not always but sometimes.

The biggest problem is that the methodology is only based on a 16-game season. So the predictive value of their stats is limited by that factor. Any team can get hot in the playoffs and play way above how they played in the regular season - e.g., the Arizona Cardinals in 2008.

My point isn't to say that the Hawks are going to the SB this year. My point is that they've become extremely competitive in a hurry.

I'm still picking Hawks 19, Skins 16. If the Skins win 35-14 then clearly the team is not ready for primetime, but we'll see.

Gameday. Do or die. You wait all year for this. Cliche, cliche, cliche. I'm almost too nervous to start drinking. Almost.

Gameday. Do or die. You wait all year for this. Cliche, cliche, cliche. I'm almost too nervous to start drinking. Almost.

It is a TIP that drinking early will calm your nerves. :headbanger:

Schneider and Carroll seem to have a knack for finding diamonds in the rough, even as their higher draft picks have been spottier. For example:

Unger - 2nd rd - Pro Bowler

I hate to be nitpicky after all the work you put into your post, but Unger was a Ruskell pick, I think the final year he ran the draft. Of course, the rest of the draft was a disaster and Unger is the only player left on our roster, and most likely any roster in the NFL.

I hate to be nitpicky after all the work you put into your post, but Unger was a Ruskell pick, I think the final year he ran the draft. Of course, the rest of the draft was a disaster and Unger is the only player left on our roster, and most likely any roster in the NFL.

:doh:

ouch. That stings. Not the part about getting this wrong, but indirectly praising Ruskell for anything.

I'm trying to plan the homestead tailgate for next week's game vs Atlanta. Now, you would think that Denver and San Fran will be late games and won't be on the same day. So, Seattle will likely draw the early game, not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday.

Oops, never mind. I just the set up spreads for next week. The game Atlanta hosts is 1:00 PM EST Sunday.

I'm trying to plan the homestead tailgate for next week's game vs Atlanta. Now, you would think that Denver and San Fran will be late games and won't be on the same day. So, Seattle will likely draw the early game, not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday.

Oops, never mind. I just the set up spreads for next week. The game Atlanta hosts is 1:00 PM EST Sunday.

Atlanta only 6 hours away. I might be making a road trip :pointstosky:

Getting a little ahead of yourself aren't ya kid? You're only setting yourself up for complete misery and failure if they lose.

Atlanta only 6 hours away. I might be making a road trip :pointstosky:

You gonna root for the Falcons or the Redskins?? :lol:

Getting a little ahead of yourself aren't ya kid? You're only setting yourself up for complete misery and failure if they lose.

I do not fear the Redskins.

I do not fear the Redskins.

I don't fear the skins or the falcons to be honest with ya.

It's kind of odd. The closer we get to game time, and it's getting real close, I'm feeling more of a sense of calming zen, a complete understanding the Hawks will win and win big today, a certain inevitability. I never came close to feeling that way even back in the Superbowl run of 2005-06. Odd.

It's kind of odd. The closer we get to game time, and it's getting real close, I'm feeling more of a sense of calming zen, a complete understanding the Hawks will win and win big today, a certain inevitability. I never came close to feeling that way even back in the Superbowl run of 2005-06. Odd.

Isn't that how you felt about Romney, too? :lol:

Isn't that how you felt about Romney, too? :lol:

I voted for Gary Johnson. You seem to want to lump me in with Republicans around here, but I'm Libertarian. Come on, man. :thumbsdown:

The two NFC teams I want to see most!

Wilson grew up around FedEx Field. Dude is going to be plugged in.

MOTHEREFFING SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!! :pointstosky:

I've seen the Beast Quake run by Lynch around 5 times today. I've gotten goosebumps every time. OK, OK, I've gotten an erection too.

I've seen the Beast Quake run by Lynch around 5 times today. I've gotten goosebumps every time. OK, OK, I've gotten an erection too.

So black guys give you a chubby? What a focking queer.

Oh you mean Matt Flynn of the one 6 TD performance against the sorry ass Lions? Look Matt Flynn is backup who cashed in on one performance against a crappy Lions team. The Seahawks could not go into the season with TJAX at QB. There was no guarentee they get Wilson in the draft so the paid Flynn as a precaution. And Wilson then promptly destroyed him in the head to head competition. The team would not be 11-5 with Matt Flynn. The Seahawks DID expect Wilson to start. That is the theme of the program.

:rolleyes:

You lost all credibility when your fellow Seahawk fans basically called you out and said you are full of shite. Jebus, all I was saying was Kiper wasn't wrong with his assessment that was quoted. Chill-out and get a clue.

So black guys give you a chubby? What a focking queer.

You got that right, Daddy. How about you twit me a picture of your helmet, sugartits?

Beastly heads up play by Lynch on that fumble.

Nice job by Robinson slipping free on two big pass plays.

The crowd has been shut up. Its time for the defense to step it up.

I'm very worried about the fact that they might not be able to kick field goals. :(

The kicker situation is horrible. Did they show what might have happened to him?

Fock, I hope Griffin is hurt.

Nope, just said its his ankle.

Sigh. You're a nudge, killing my vibe from Seattle picking themselves off the canvas and climbing back into the game. :ninja:

The hurt kicker gives us two FGs and and Xtra point 1st Half. Nice job in gutting it out, buddy. That's the nature of the team.

I blame Russell Wilson.... that midget waste of a 3rd round pick handed the ball off too low! :thumbsdown: