Sign in to follow this  
aaaa

If both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson were available at #24

If both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson were available at #24 in a 10 team standard espn league, who would you prefer?

Tell me who you would want in a vacuum, and then tell me who you prefer knowing that the first two picks were McCoy (1.4) and McFadden (1.17). Yes I'm trying to go RB/RB/RB

If both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson were available at #24 in a 10 team standard espn league, who would you prefer?

Tell me who you would want in a vacuum, and then tell me who you prefer knowing that the first two picks were McCoy (1.4) and McFadden (1.17). Yes I'm trying to go RB/RB/RB

I wouldn't want either of them in my vaccum, they might kick my ass when they get out. :clap:

I would take Peterson to answer your question.

I'll gamble on one of the best all time talents coming off injury over a dreadlocked ghetto overachiever who will be suspended.

Lynch likely won't be suspended until next season if at all.

Agreed. I don't see him getting suspended at all.

Both have upside, but I would take AP here. Lynch has his "career" year last season, same time he was due a new contract. He has all the talent in the world, but never seems motivated. AP is more motivated than ever.

Reggie Bush.

AP - You can afford to gamble with your RB3, and this could turn out to be a home run.

? Since when is your RB 3 so important that you cannot afford to gamble? Do you mean since he is going RB RB RB he had better be hitting on them? I have a feeling there will be more than a few people saying "I will never go RB RB RB again" after this year.

AP - You can afford to gamble with your RB3, and this could turn out to be a home run.

? Since when is your RB 3 so important that you cannot afford to gamble? Do you mean since he is going RB RB RB he had better be hitting on them? I have a feeling there will be more than a few people saying "I will never go RB RB RB again" after this year.

:blink:

Maybe you misunderstood my post, I think we're saying the same thing here, so you lost me. It's the RB3, gamble away.

Reggie Bush.

Don't you think #24 is a little high for Bush? Not saying to pass on him, I just think you could wait a few rounds, and still pick him up. His ADP in a 10 team league is 6.02. If you draft a player 2-3 rounds early, any value that you would have gotten from that player is now gone.

If u already have Mccoy and Mcfadden then I would go AP... Higher upside and if you grab Gerhardt later then you will have a solid core of RB's ....

Maybe you misunderstood my post, I think we're saying the same thing here, so you lost me. It's the RB3, gamble away.

Sorry. Thought you said can't afford to gamble. My bad. carry on.

Don't you think #24 is a little high for Bush? Not saying to pass on him, I just think you could wait a few rounds, and still pick him up. His ADP in a 10 team league is 6.02. If you draft a player 2-3 rounds early, any value that you would have gotten from that player is now gone.

Yeah I was playing. I like bush better than both of them but would not pick him at early. I hope to get him in the fifth/sixth.

Lynch not likely to be suspended in 2012. That being said, if AP is still on the board there, grab him. He is an amazing athlete and will certainly be able to put his injury behind him. The Vikes are going to rely heavily on him too this year. Christian Ponder is still not able to do much more than manage the game.

redraft i'll probably take lynch. anything else, ADP

Agreed. I don't see him getting suspended at all.

Both have upside, but I would take AP here. Lynch has his "career" year last season, same time he was due a new contract. He has all the talent in the world, but never seems motivated. AP is more motivated than ever.

i see a lot of people going with the "lazy" angle on Lynch. some even saying last year was his only good year.

i'll be the first to admit, i targeted him in redrafts and keepers last year because he was playing for a contract but people seem to lose sight of what he did for 2 years in buffalo before more or less losing his job to suspension and injury.

i think he has the trust of pete carroll and his line played pretty well last year.

i'm not saying to take him over peterson in this situation, i just wanted to comment on Lynch.

I agree with the FFtoday "Draft Killers" article about Lynch. Those were some fluky-ass TDs and yardage at the end of the year. He'll struggle mightily to finish 11th or better, which is his current ranking among RBs.

Given AP's history, it's very conceivable who could finish 9th or better, his current ranking.

screw both of em and get Julio

Not exactly julio, depending on how the draft turns out. But I'm still thinking along the same lines.

My main question is: Are you able to start a RB as a flex? Then one of those guys might be ok.

But if not, and depending who else would be available at that pick. I'd never want my 3rd round pick to be a platoon, or a bench guy.

I want my first 5 picks or so to be guys I start every week.

I'd never want my 3rd round pick to be a platoon, or a bench guy.

I want my first 5 picks or so to be guys I start every week.

:pointstosky:

I've backed up RBs too early and it leads to mediocrity. I was covered in case of injury, but those back-ups scored bench points while my competition was firing on all cylinders.

Better to roll the dice and fill the starting roster before drafting great bench warmers.

My main question is: Are you able to start a RB as a flex? Then one of those guys might be ok.

Yep, can start 3 RBs

I agree with the FFtoday "Draft Killers" article about Lynch. Those were some fluky-ass TDs and yardage at the end of the year. He'll struggle mightily to finish 11th or better, which is his current ranking among RBs.

Given AP's history, it's very conceivable who could finish 9th or better, his current ranking.

that article was kind of :thumbsdown:

the writer mentions Lynch having 13 TD's in 2011 versus just 24 for "his previous five years combined". The first issue is that he was only in the league for 4 years prior to 2011. Also fails to mention being suspended 3 games in 2009 and having a 2010 season full of injury and a midseason trade.

His first two seasons in the league he scored 16 total TD's and in his 5th season he scored 13. Yeah he probably won't match that, but he seems to have shown a nose for the endzone in all of his healthy seasons as his teams starter. Hell, even in his two suspension shortened and injury shortened seasons he managed another 8 scores. :dunno:

that article was kind of :thumbsdown:

the writer mentions Lynch having 13 TD's in 2011 versus just 24 for "his previous five years combined". The first issue is that he was only in the league for 4 years prior to 2011. Also fails to mention being suspended 3 games in 2009 and having a 2010 season full of injury and a midseason trade.

His first two seasons in the league he scored 16 total TD's and in his 5th season he scored 13. Yeah he probably won't match that, but he seems to have shown a nose for the endzone in all of his healthy seasons as his teams starter. Hell, even in his two suspension shortened and injury shortened seasons he managed another 8 scores. :dunno:

Lynch when Motivated and he wants to play is a good RB as he showed in Buf and Sea.. He is also a head case that ussually takes plays or whole games off -- Last year he was running for dollars - now that he is already paid ???

Seriously what's the point of a post like this Dave?

:thumbsup:

Lynch.

Also, McFadden will be gone before the 17th pick so you better find a different RB2.