Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Chris Johnson

Too high.. I'll bet money Locker ends up with more fantasy points. Seriously

Ok...reasons?

I think a better question is where is the confidence coming from? He hasn't been a top 20 talent in 2 years and he's shown zero thus far this year. 2.1 YPC tonight alone

He looked crappy tonight. No thanks in the top 8.

It's exactly how he looked all of last season... Sure, I think he'll do better than last year but does anybody really think that much has changed?

I've been of the opinion that CJ was a safe bounce back candidate and good healthy safe pick but I'm starting to sour a bit. The offensive line isn't great, the schedule is tough and Locker will have rookie struggles at times. The new run and shoot offense looks like it will flow through Locker more so than CJ.

I was comparing him with McFadden the other day and I kind of came to the conclusion that while I think CJ is a safer bet to play more games based on running style, I think McFadden has more upside based on the offense flowing through him, a better offensive line and probably a superior schedule. McFadden also seems to be a relative lock for production, almost regardless of matchup, when he plays. CJ squandered plenty of good match ups even late last season.

where was this thread last week after 2 td's in the 1st half? :rolleyes:

his week last week was against the Tampa D, who last year was the #32rank D against fantasy RB's...by a lot. They were so bad last year, even Chris Johnson did well against them

I've been of the opinion that CJ was a safe bounce back candidate and good healthy safe pick but I'm starting to sour a bit. The offensive line isn't great, the schedule is tough and Locker will have rookie struggles at times. The new run and shoot offense looks like it will flow through Locker more so than CJ.

I was comparing him with McFadden the other day and I kind of came to the conclusion that while I think CJ is a safer bet to play more games based on running style, I think McFadden has more upside based on the offense flowing through him, a better offensive line and probably a superior schedule. McFadden also seems to be a relative lock for production, almost regardless of matchup, when he plays. CJ squandered plenty of good match ups even late last season.

Yeah you right. CJ is quickly turning into one of those guys who play themselves off my team in preseason. While it's true some guys' ADP goes through the roof in preseason (serving as support for advocates of early drafts), this is a perfect example of a guy who I've seen play enough in preseason to pass on him in the late first round (where he's typically been going of late).

I think a better question is where is the confidence coming from? He hasn't been a top 20 talent in 2 years and he's shown zero thus far this year. 2.1 YPC tonight alone

Hasn't been a top 20 in 2 yrs? Pretty sure he was top 20 last year despite a dud season. Year before he was lights out baller. We all kno last year he got paid AND missed training camp so his early season suffered. preseason games don't matter, otherwise mark Ingram would have been a top 5 pick last year.

We all know the story. Cj sucked las year but is due for a bounce back. A big reason he is taken high is that he's one of few 3 down rbs that workhorse the offense. Plus he wants to prove he doesn't suck. He's still young, and fast. No reason he can't put up top 7 rb stats.

I too was high on him as a bounceback year, but there is just something missing. I can't take another series of games where he goes 20 carries for 43 yards week after week.

I saw an explosive Chris Johnson last night - he hit that hole full speed and it reminded me of that glorious CJ2K season!

and I'm never worried about the 1 or 2 yd gains - a guy Sanders had that same problem :)

I saw an explosive Chris Johnson last night - he hit that hole full speed and it reminded me of that glorious CJ2K season!

and I'm never worried about the 1 or 2 yd gains - a guy Sanders had that same problem :)

must of been playing Madden 2013 my friend.

He looked awful IMO. I dunno I have the 9th pick out of 12 and I am praying someone takes him ahead of me. I really don't want to draft him.

He looked awful IMO. I dunno I have the 9th pick out of 12 and I am praying someone takes him ahead of me. I really don't want to draft him.

someone will. and you should praise whoever does.

Hasn't been a top 20 in 2 yrs? Pretty sure he was top 20 last year despite a dud season. Year before he was lights out baller. We all kno last year he got paid AND missed training camp so his early season suffered. preseason games don't matter, otherwise mark Ingram would have been a top 5 pick last year.

We all know the story. Cj sucked las year but is due for a bounce back. A big reason he is taken high is that he's one of few 3 down rbs that workhorse the offense. Plus he wants to prove he doesn't suck. He's still young, and fast. No reason he can't put up top 7 rb stats.

He finished 16th among rb's alone last year.. If you play in a 6pt QB league I'm thinking he wasn't even in the top 50 total.

fantasyfootballcalculator.com has his ADP @ 7 & that's with 6pt QB td's. I just think that's nuts.

He finished 16th among rb's alone last year.. If you play in a 6pt QB league I'm thinking he wasn't even in the top 50 total.

fantasyfootballcalculator.com has his ADP @ 7 & that's with 6pt QB td's. I just think that's nuts.

This logic is precisely why I end up drafting QB's the first 5 rounds of each draft. Can't seem to find a player at another position that will outscore the best available QB.

Someone at Rotoworld posted a highlight vid of his 2,000-yard season and the difference is glaring. That year, he was getting the ball with a lot of space to work with. He would find his lane and burst to the endzone. Now-a-days, he doesn't have near the space to work with and he's getting swarmed right around the line of scrimmage. Also, it looks like Locker is not checking down to him much, so bye-bye to his reception numbers. I am staying comfortably away.

This logic is precisely why I end up drafting QB's the first 5 rounds of each draft. Can't seem to find a player at another position that will outscore the best available QB.

What? Have you seriously went qb qb qb qb qb before? No way that actuallh works. Only way is if your league is the most trade heavy league in canada or the us.

What? Have you seriously went qb qb qb qb qb before? No way that actuallh works. Only way is if your league is the most trade heavy league in canada or the us.

Sarcasm alert. ;)

1300 rush 7td. 38 catch 350 rec 1td. not bad yr compared to 98% of the other rb clowns.

I will take it.

In an earlier post I said Johnson would be okay. And that's exactly what he will be: okay. An earlier poster is right on, Johnson has no room now and that is what he thrives on. That's not to say that this offensive line won't gell and he finds more room.

The measure of CJ as a first round pick will be how he is used on third down. How many receptions will he have for how many yards. We know what he will do on the ground. (18 rushes 59 yards one week; 22 rushes 110 yards and a touch the next; 15 rushes 34 yards the next). I saw Ringer in the game a few times on third down and really didn't see Johnson get much room on the screens. He's not going downfield as a receiver.

His value is due to the lack of depth at the RB1 spot. Plain and simple.

1300 rush 7td. 38 catch 350 rec 1td. not bad yr compared to 98% of the other rb clowns.

I will take it.

? He had 1,047 rushing yards & 4 TD's last year. 0 rec td's.

In an earlier post I said Johnson would be okay. And that's exactly what he will be: okay. An earlier poster is right on, Johnson has no room now and that is what he thrives on. That's not to say that this offensive line won't gell and he finds more room.

The measure of CJ as a first round pick will be how he is used on third down. How many receptions will he have for how many yards. We know what he will do on the ground. (18 rushes 59 yards one week; 22 rushes 110 yards and a touch the next; 15 rushes 34 yards the next). I saw Ringer in the game a few times on third down and really didn't see Johnson get much room on the screens. He's not going downfield as a receiver.

His value is due to the lack of depth at the RB1 spot. Plain and simple.

Makes sense... With that said I still wouldn't take him over some other RB's... McFadden,Peterson,Murray.. Hell, I'd take MJD and Ryan Mathews over him.

? He had 1,047 rushing yards & 4 TD's last year. 0 rec td's.

Right....I expect his numbers to be a little better as posted before for this year since he has had a full training camp.

I may have not been clear on my post that the 1300yds 7tds 38catch 350rec is my projection for 2012. my apologies.

Sarcasm alert. ;)

This.

OP - Put yourself in draft spot 7 of a 12 teamer. After Calvin, I could see a group of approximately 10 WR's that step into the #2 overall spot by year end. So, taking a WR other than Calvin at 7 isn't the best option (at least IMO and the majority of those doing mock drafts based on the current ADP's). If you go with Brees or Stafford, you're most likely looking at MJD, SJax, Sproles, or Mathews as your starting RB in round 2 if you go RB. Not terrible options, but all have question marks. And I think most people would prefer to be grabbing one of those guys as their RB2. You mentioned CJ finished #16 overall in 6pt per passing TD leagues last year. In my PPR 6pt per passing TD last year, he was #9 overall. I think with CJ, you know what you're getting...A guy that's going to start every week, is going to get nearly all the touches at RB on his team, and there's the potential for some huge weeks. With the other RB options available at #7, you've got guys that either have injury history, are sharing carries, or have someone taking the goal line carries.

I'm not saying that I would draft CJ at #7, but I'm trying to shed some light on why he is currently going there.

Right....I expect his numbers to be a little better as posted before for this year since he has had a full training camp.

I may have not been clear on my post that the 1300yds 7tds 38catch 350rec is my projection for 2012. my apologies.

Oh ok.. Yeah I wouldn't argue too much with that.

This.

OP - Put yourself in draft spot 7 of a 12 teamer. After Calvin, I could see a group of approximately 10 WR's that step into the #2 overall spot by year end. So, taking a WR other than Calvin at 7 isn't the best option (at least IMO and the majority of those doing mock drafts based on the current ADP's). If you go with Brees or Stafford, you're most likely looking at MJD, SJax, Sproles, or Mathews as your starting RB in round 2 if you go RB. Not terrible options, but all have question marks. And I think most people would prefer to be grabbing one of those guys as their RB2. You mentioned CJ finished #16 overall in 6pt per passing TD leagues last year. In my PPR 6pt per passing TD last year, he was #9 overall. I think with CJ, you know what you're getting...A guy that's going to start every week, is going to get nearly all the touches at RB on his team, and there's the potential for some huge weeks. With the other RB options available at #7, you've got guys that either have injury history, are sharing carries, or have someone taking the goal line carries.

I'm not saying that I would draft CJ at #7, but I'm trying to shed some light on why he is currently going there.

Good post..

Yeah mentioning of 16th place last year was non-ppr. I don't think I'd argue at all with him at 7 in a ppr.

Makes sense... With that said I still wouldn't take him over some other RB's... McFadden,Peterson,Murray.. Hell, I'd take MJD and Ryan Mathews over him.

LOVE McFadden over CJ. How much of the "no swelling in the knee" to believe either places Peterson along side CJ or substantially ahead. Murray? Sigh. Who knows what he will do? Dallas O is banged up but Murray is looking great with tremendous leadership skills says Jerry Jones. Mathews had an outstanding year in 2011 and looks good from week 3 on. Lesson learned on hold outs last year. CJ over MJD. But really, throw them in a hat and draw one out. Pre-season means so very little outside of injuries.

LOVE McFadden over CJ. How much of the "no swelling in the knee" to believe either places Peterson along side CJ or substantially ahead. Murray? Sigh. Who knows what he will do? Dallas O is banged up but Murray is looking great with tremendous leadership skills says Jerry Jones. Mathews had an outstanding year in 2011 and looks good from week 3 on. Lesson learned on hold outs last year. CJ over MJD. But really, throw them in a hat and draw one out. Pre-season means so very little outside of injuries.

Ok, let's keep things in context here...Jerry's panties get wet over EVERYBODY on his team. I'm sure if you asked him he'd say Miles Austin is having his best camp EVAH and looking great with tremendous leadership skills. I'm down on ALL the Cowboys this year because their offensive line SUCKS!. Their defense may be considerably better taking pressure off the offense, but that doesn't help me picking players.

Ok, let's keep things in context here...Jerry's panties get wet over EVERYBODY on his team. I'm sure if you asked him he'd say Miles Austin is having his best camp EVAH and looking great with tremendous leadership skills. I'm down on ALL the Cowboys this year because their offensive line SUCKS!. Their defense may be considerably better taking pressure off the offense, but that doesn't help me picking players.

I agree. Murray's value is for the same reason as CJ: lack of RB1 depth. But he has the talent to be really special. Some of his runs last year were electrifying. I would like to see him in the passing game more and I don't see that happening on a regular basis. When healthy, Felix will relieve on third down probably. Not high on Murray, but he has that dreaded word: potential! First round is not where you draft potential.

I had him the last two years and have seen every game. Last night was the first preseason game I've seen him in this year. Overall, I thought he looked good. He very well may have lost a step, but is still one of the fastest guys in the league. IMO, the run blocking was his major issue last year. While that certainly looks improved, he's still getting hit in the back field a lot and the cutback lanes aren't there like they used to be under Fisher. Perhaps that improves, but at this point, its hard to really say with any certainty. They're going to be starting a green QB and you know defenses are going to key on CJ and make Locker beat them. If the kid responds and the o-line continues to improve, he may have a big year. If not, his numbers will probably look a lot more like last years than 2009's. I've got the 7th pick in my draft and I am tempted to take a chance on him, but at the end of the day, I'll probably end up passing. Too many ?'s at this point to use a high pick on him IMO.