Sign in to follow this  
JohnD.

Thoughts on Martellus Bennet?

What's everybody think about this guy? Eli likes his TE's and he is the starting TE for the Giants right now. He has potential to go big. He's been playing behind Witten in Dallas for years and now has the opportunity to be the #1. Any thoughs?

What's everybody think about this guy? Eli likes his TE's and he is the starting TE for the Giants right now. He has potential to go big. He's been playing behind Witten in Dallas for years and now has the opportunity to be the #1. Any thoughs?

Bennett is a physical freak but something of a headcase. As a late flyer I'm probably in but no way am I counting on him to be a primary guy. I'm targetting him late along the lines of Cook and Olsen.

I read that he showed up to minicamps weighing 300 pounds.

I read that he showed up to minicamps weighing 300 pounds.

Dude, Atlas was pretty big...supposedly he's down to the 260's.

the gmen dont really utilize the TE in the passing game. i don't expect him to be starter worthy at all. he might have a couple of good weeks, but there will be no way to predict them. there are too many good weapons on the giants for bennett to have a major role. he will probably be asked to block a good deal, too.

In this new era of te prosperity be thankful you never have to consider this guy.

So I'm pretty much a genius

Nice call especially with all attention wrs will draw

So I'm pretty much a genius

That was a good call. I picked him up right before Week 1 and I'm trying to unload him to a few desperate owners in my league. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I made a thread about Bennett also and have had him starting since game 1.

I added him before game 1 when Winlsow was cut.

He has produced solid stats but they should be much better. He has hands of stone and once Eli gets sick of Bennett dropping the ball he will look elsewhere to target.

He has produced solid stats but they should be much better. He has hands of stone and once Eli gets sick of Bennett dropping the ball he will look elsewhere to target.

How many drops in stat book?

It seemed sort of obvious to me that he was going to come in and produce right away. I picked him in the late rounds and have started him the first two weeks. I don't think he will have a td a week....but he will get targets, 8-10 tds now that he has two in the first two weeks and possibly be a top 10 TE. If he doesn't get injured he will continue at this pace.

70 / 800 / 9

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly. Eli would probably rather have a slow white guy who catches everything he throws at him. This guy drops way too many passes.

Would u guys start the Black Unicorn (vs Car) over Pitata (vs Pats)this week?

Yes, mainly because Nicks is out. Carolina will now turn their attention to Cruz, and dare Manning to beat them with Rueben Randle and Ramses Barden (Hixon is out as well). I expect a ton of looks for Bennett as a result.

Yes, mainly because Nicks is out. Carolina will now turn their attention to Cruz, and dare Manning to beat them with Rueben Randle and Ramses Barden (Hixon is out as well). I expect a ton of looks for Bennett as a result.

No one can stop Cruz. :bandana:

He is a clear top 5 TE this week as now that Nicks is out and Bradshaw and Hixon....

It will be Cruz and Bennett all night.

I just picked him up for A. Hernandez.

Although it is a little early to be bumping threads, I will give props for his performance thus far. However, I am still not sold. I watched him for years in Dallas, and cringed each time the ball was thrown his way. He was nearly pathetic.

Impressive and surprising success so far, but I still expect the old Bennett to show up anytime now....without prior notice.

Thoughts on Martellus Bennet? Giants TE

As a Cowboy fan, my thought on Marty B are..... :wall: :wall:

He's already done more in NY than he did in Dallas

:mad:

As a Cowboy fan, my thought on Marty B are..... :wall: :wall:

He's already done more in NY than he did in Dallas

:mad:

Isn't that the point....he has an opportunity in NY that he never had in Dallas.....he's taking advantage of it.

Bennett, Olsen, or Pitta rest of the season?

I drafted Olsen. Based on the first two weeks it appears at least for now he is not as much in the passing game. Now could be based on who they have played, but my feeling is what you have seen is what you are going to get most weeks. Sure he will have some big games, but in my ppr league 3 or 4 catches with 40 to 50 yards and an occasional TD catch is not going to cut it. Gonna need the 6 Catches for 50 to 60 yards and TD every other week type score line (minimum). I picked up Pitta this week and dropped Olsen.

The good thing about my league is almost everyone does not worry about TEs so I a can play the ww throughout the season and pick up pretty much whomever I want.

I must say I am amazed at his production through 3 weeks. You can't argue with success.