Sign in to follow this  
Woosters

M.Jones-Drew reports to camp!

I hope someone grabs him early now and Sjax or Fjax falls to me in the late 2nd.

U kidding? I would take a holdout returnee in Mjd over sjax and Fred jax any day of the week!!ya Mjd may not get his typical 300+ carries yrs with over 1500 yards..but I'll be happy with 250+ carries over1200 yards with the potential in getting more

U kidding? I would take a holdout returnee in Mjd over sjax and Fred jax any day of the week!!ya Mjd may not get his typical 300+ carries yrs with over 1500 yards..but I'll be happy with 250+ carries over1200 yards with the potential in getting more

That's what I'll be hoping on. MJD was in part so successful last year b/c he was 'the guy' on a bad team and just churned out the yardage.

He had 343 carries and 43 receptions. 386 total touches.

He had 1,606 of his teams 1,970 rushing yards last year.

In 2010, when Jennings was playing, MJD had 299 carries and 34 receptions.

Jennings had 84 carries, at a higher YPC, and 26 receptions.

In 2010 MJD finished as the #13 RB. One spot below Sjax at 12.

Considering everything, I expect Jennings to be a threat to MJD's massive work load and I don't expect that to be the case for Sjax or FJax.

I'll take the guy that's been playing, and doesn't have the workload questions, all day everyday. But that's just me.

This is different in my eyes than the CJ situation as well, b/c in my estimation, Tenn didn't think they could get by without CJ. They knew they needed him to be a massive part of the week to week game plan.

I'm honestly not sure if that is the case with MJD, as Jennings put up 13 carries for 57 yards against Baltimore's defense in week 3, and has been playing great. I think, they think, they can get by with him.

I won't be surprised if the carries and opportunities are split very equally early, and possibly all, season.

That's what I'll be hoping on. MJD was in part so successful last year b/c he was 'the guy' on a bad team and just churned out the yardage.

Considering everything, I expect Jennings to be a threat to MJD's massive work load and I don't expect that to be the case for Sjax or FJax.

I'll take the guy that's been playing, and doesn't have the workload questions, all day everyday. But that's just me.

Good analysis, MM. Just the insight I need as my draft approaches at 3 p.m.

:cheers:

I'm pretty sure Spiller will cut into FJax's workload a lot more this year.

Highly doubt im gonna start him week 1. But glad he is back and better get his a$$ in game shape and learn the play book :thumbsup:

I hope someone grabs him early now and Sjax or Fjax falls to me in the late 2nd.

I'm pretty sure Spiller will cut into FJax's workload a lot more this year.

Ok ok let's break this down bitches. First of all I half way agree with you maniac. I would much rather have SJax and avoid the injury bug that seems to follow late arrivals to camp. Also I had MJD in 2010, drafted him with the fifth overall pick, and he was very frustrating. He didn't get into the end zone much and just didn't have the type of season I expected. If the Jags can get anywhere near similar production from both backs they will probably be closer to a 60/40 split. Why give MJD the stats he needs to prove his point when they can get similar production from another back? Now I don't think they are similar in talent as Jennings production comes more on a backup basis and I don't think he could shoulder the load that MJD has in the past. I just don't see them going 90/10 like they did last year.

On the FJax front I wouldn't touch him with a second round pick. Spiller has been very very close to breaking a long TD more than a few times this year. He is a huge play waiting to happen. I think FJax will have respectable numbers this year, and in the beginning of the season it may seem that FJax is going to maintain a large percentage of the rushing attempts. They are going to get Spiller more involved. He is going to prove he is the better back and the home run threat that this offense needs if it wants to be successful. It is going to be very close to a 50/50 by the middle of the season and I don't want to be sitting there holding onto FJax cursing the Bills for using Spiller more than expected.

In damn near every draft I had SJax fell to the third round anyway. Those were all 10 team drafts though and if you really want him he prob won't make it back to you after the second.

Was there any doubt he won't report.

Like seriously...29 years old and at the tail end of his careers with tons of mileage. These last 6-12 million he is going to earn is about as good as it gets.

In the NFL these days, RB can only get that big contract and guarantee money once i believe due to their short careers. He made that play 3 years ago and got a ton of upfront money.

Time to play it out MJD and see what you got after 2 years.

Was there any doubt he won't report.

Like seriously...29 years old and at the tail end of his careers with tons of mileage. These last 6-12 million he is going to earn is about as good as it gets.

In the NFL these days, RB can only get that big contract and guarantee money once i believe due to their short careers. He made that play 3 years ago and got a ton of upfront money.

Time to play it out MJD and see what you got after 2 years.

I don't mind players holding out for money, especially when a team can cut them whenever they want after the guaranteed money is up. What I think is stupid though is when a player has zero leverage and they hold out. What the fock did he think was going to happen? Why would they give him more money? It doesn't make any sense and he is retarded for not ending it much sooner. I can understand him trying for a bit but the team called his stupid as$ bluff. Don't be a b!tch and end the hold out right before the season starts, don't show up at all and show them how pathetic their team is w/o you.

Damn....I can't decide on this maybe-2nd-round-worthy group.....

MJD, FJax, SJax, TRich, Martin

.....I'm starting to lean back towards....gulp....Trent Richardson.

Younger than the vets, will carry the load (no Blount to compete with), bad offense doesn't bother me (see JAX last year). Could be the most talented of the group (although obviously has to prove it on the NFL level).

Wow......I'd have hold my nose while drafting him though. Late round 2 RB choices are scary.

I'd take Steven Jackson all day over MJD -- He hasn't even met the coaches, never had an offensive playbook, has had zero preseason football contact or conditioning...and not to mention, is pretty much in the dog house. I'm happy with Rashad Jennings as a flex all year because I guarantee MJD won't produce anywhere near his ADP this season. Write it down. If I were to put numbers on this, I'd say 210-250 carries max for maybe 1,100 yards and 5 TD's. Rashad's time has come. Book it.

I'd take Steven Jackson all day over MJD -- He hasn't even met the coaches, never had an offensive playbook, has had zero preseason football contact or conditioning...and not to mention, is pretty much in the dog house. I'm happy with Rashad Jennings as a flex all year because I guarantee MJD won't produce anywhere near his ADP this season. Write it down. If I were to put numbers on this, I'd say 210-250 carries max for maybe 1,100 yards and 5 TD's. Rashad's time has come. Book it.

Would you take SJax over FJax, TRich and Martin? I have a tough time taking a guy with that much tread.

Would you take SJax over FJax, TRich and Martin? I have a tough time taking a guy with that much tread.

I would. The dude came into camp 10-15 lbs lighter and is looking pretty fresh. STL threw 2/3 of the time in the RZ last year with very little success, that won't happen again. Jeff Fisher is going to ride him into the ground for one last hurray. I'm all in on Sjax this year.

He's missed a total of 13 games in 8 seasons and has never played less than 12 per. He's also had well over 1,000 yards rushing and 250+ receiving yards per season (on the extreme low end). He's a beast, in PPR leagues he's even better. He's the Rams bell-cow and has a pathetic backup, QB, and passing game. I've missed him in all drafts and have been trying ridiculously hard to trade for him in all of my leagues. I like Martin a lot but he's got Blount there, and he's a rookie. I liked TRich...when he was in college - I have no faith in him with a blown out knee and preseason surgery - doesn't matter if it was small, I don't draft rookie RB's that already have knee issues. FJax has Spiller and age..and really shouldn't be in the conversation at this point IMO.

man i draft tomorrow and im all set on rbs but hell be there. thing is so will the last of the qbs and wr2s. keeper league i have jamaal demarco and julio. ryan vick romo and rivers or jennings cruz white hicks or dez. prolly go qb but how can i not take mjd and own him for the next three years?

great thread here btw. i hate sjax 88 yds and a td.

man i draft tomorrow and im all set on rbs but hell be there. thing is so will the last of the qbs and wr2s. keeper league i have jamaal demarco and julio. ryan vick romo and rivers or jennings cruz white hicks or dez. prolly go qb but how can i not take mjd and own him for the next three years?

great thread here btw. i hate sjax 88 yds and a td.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're saying that SJax will be there at your pick but you're wondering if you should take a WR2 or QB instead? Umm..No. Take Matt Ryan in the 4th round. Fly by the seat of your pants on WR's. There's a glory hole of possible studs at the WR2 position but I don't know your league size, draft position, etc.

And whats wrong with 88/TD? That's 14.8 points alone in a standard scoring league. Not to mention there's probably at least 3-5 for 50 receiving (makes it almost 19.8) and if you play PPR, you're at a solid 20+ per game. I'll take that every freaking day.

Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - Jaguars

Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey says he was impressed by Maurice Jones-Drew's physical condition after he reported Sunday, and the team will work to get him involved in the offense as soon as possible.

"I can tell he’s ready to go, so we’ll be working with him to get him up to speed as quickly as possible," Mularkey said. We suspect Jones-Drew will be active for the Jaguars' opener, but Rashad Jennings will start and handle the bulk of the workload. Jacksonville squares off with Minnesota next Sunday.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Sep 2 - 2:58 PM

:pointstosky: :cheers:

IF a player can get in football shape (and yes, that is very different than just being in shape) AND learn an entirely new offense in a week....what's the point of training camp again???

:unsure:

IF a player can get in football shape (and yes, that is very different than just being in shape) AND learn an entirely new offense in a week....what's the point of training camp again???

:unsure:

it varies with position. RB is one of the least challenging positions for a player to pick up quickly. that's why rookie RBs can come in and make an impact so quickly. the hardest part of an offense for a RB to pick up is blitz protection, and very often you have a complimentary back to handle passing situations.

and as for the physical side, remember when emmitt held out for all of camp plus the first two games, then led the league in rushing? a lot of it comes down to the way they play the position, and how they can avoid taking bug shots.

I don't mind players holding out for money, especially when a team can cut them whenever they want after the guaranteed money is up. What I think is stupid though is when a player has zero leverage and they hold out. What the fock did he think was going to happen? Why would they give him more money? It doesn't make any sense and he is retarded for not ending it much sooner. I can understand him trying for a bit but the team called his stupid as$ bluff. Don't be a b!tch and end the hold out right before the season starts, don't show up at all and show them how pathetic their team is w/o you.

Respectfully, I think the play of Rashad Jennings this pre-season is what blew all his leverage. What I can't understand is why the Jags ended his season so prematurely last year.

Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - Jaguars

Coach Mike Mularkey said he prefers to give his feature backs the majority of the work.

Mularkey isn't on board with the committee trend sweeping NFL backfields. He rode Michael Turner into the ground with the Falcons and did the same with Jerome Bettis back in Pittsburgh. On Monday, Mularkey was asked if Maurice Jones-Drew will get most of the carries once he's 100 percent. "That's kind of the way the system works, yes," Mularkey said. "Whoever starts, the other one will handle the third downs."

Related: Rashad Jennings

Source: Florida Times Union

I hope Mularkey rides MJD into the ground this season :doublethumbsup:

Took him in the 6th round - value gold strike! :banana:

4 team league? Geez. You're not bragging about your own brilliance, but every other owner's stupidity.

4 team league? Geez. You're not bragging about your own brilliance, but every other owner's stupidity.

If I were bragging I would of started my own thread so to make sure all could see. I was lucky he fell and was able to get him there - had he held out the entire season I would of looked like a chump. It's called a gamble - worked out, and I'm pleased. Nothing more, nothing less - try and keep up.

If I were bragging I would of started my own thread so to make sure all could see. I was lucky he fell and was able to get him there - had he held out the entire season I would of looked like a chump. It's called a gamble - worked out, and I'm pleased. Nothing more, nothing less - try and keep up.

:pointstosky:

To all the MJD owner, pray that Jennings don't have a big game.

"IF" he does, you can say HELLO to RBCC.

RBCC?

Running Back Chair Committee?

Running Back Clueless Coach?

Rainbow Coral Corp?

Russo-British Chamber of Commerce?

Royal Brussels Cricket Club?

:dunno:

RBCC?

Running Back Chair Committee?

Running Back Clueless Coach?

Rainbow Coral Corp?

Russo-British Chamber of Commerce?

Royal Brussels Cricket Club?

:dunno:

Hahahahaa..

Sorry..RBBC. :thumbsup:

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're saying that SJax will be there at your pick but you're wondering if you should take a WR2 or QB instead? Umm..No. Take Matt Ryan in the 4th round. Fly by the seat of your pants on WR's. There's a glory hole of possible studs at the WR2 position but I don't know your league size, draft position, etc.

And whats wrong with 88/TD? That's 14.8 points alone in a standard scoring league. Not to mention there's probably at least 3-5 for 50 receiving (makes it almost 19.8) and if you play PPR, you're at a solid 20+ per game. I'll take that every freaking day.

no no not stupid steven jackson. mjd man. the thread is about mjd.

and yes i drafted him and no there werent any qbs left when it got back around. im beefy in every other area tho so maybe i can play matchups all year and fade it.