Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Who was the SOD in your league?

Who you guys got, was there a guy in your league that kept falling and falling and maybe you were able to get him late even though you didnt like him?

In mine it was Steve Smith (CAR)

My draft slot was 8 in a 12 teamer, we start 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex (so 4 wr possibly) and its full ppr with return yards

I went

Calvin

Mathews

D.Martin

Percy

A.Brown

Ridley

STEVE SMITH (CAR)

I dont really like the guy all that much, but hes ranked as a top 15 WR, nobody in my league likes him at all, but after I finally said ahh damm Ill take him, everyone was like damm thats great value, I was gonna pick him but I dont like him either, he was the 36th WR off the board

Whats your story?

7th rd is pretty nice for Smith, 10 or 12 teamer?

In my 10-teamer, grabbed MJD in the 6th the day before he re-joined the club, and D. Jackson in the 9th rd.

7th rd is pretty nice for Smith, 10 or 12 teamer?

In my 10-teamer, grabbed MJD in the 6th the day before he re-joined the club, and D. Jackson in the 9th rd.

7th round 12 teamer, looking at the draft board, Amendola, DJax, Blackmon, Heyward-Bey, Malcolm Floyd, Wayne, Garcon were all selected before him

Romo went ridiculously late. I would have snagged him as my backup but I was drunk and had crossed him off my list for some reason. I was pissed when I found out he was still available. I remembered why I dont usually drink and draft. :(

Me?

10 team:

Graham in the 3rd.

Julio in the 4th.

12 team:

Decker in the 8th

In my 14-teamer I got Vick in the mid-6th. I really didn't want him but I think that's ridiculous value for a guy who could be Top 5 at his position in PPG. :dunno:

In our auction draft, Kenny Britt went for $1.00 , yep, bargain. I think we need a individual site within FF Today strictly for auction leagues, it's just a better world. :headbanger:

10 teamer ppr - Antonio Brown middle round 5 plus 30 keepers off the board.

This is why no matter how much I dislike a certain few players, I refuse to make a DND (do not draft) list. Almost everyone can have value if they drop far enough

In our auction draft, Kenny Britt went for $1.00 , yep, bargain. I think we need a individual site within FF Today strictly for auction leagues, it's just a better world. :headbanger:

I'd love to try out an auction league. As a Commish, I've suggested it twice over the last few years but no one wants to do it. They say its too time consuming. :dunno:

I like the strategy involved. Admittedly, I've tried a few auction mocks & became flustered quickly. This was more from my inexperience than anything, but still enjoyed it.

You're right, its a different kind of beast.

MJD went early 4th. It was the pick right before me and i would have taken him... this news came out about 2 hrs later that he was to end the holdout... I guess one bad thing for the owner was he had to semi reach on jennings in the 7th... but huge value for him IMO

This is why no matter how much I dislike a certain few players, I refuse to make a DND (do not draft) list. Almost everyone can have value if they drop far enough

Agreed. Even if I hate them, the value is so great, go ahead and take'em. You can always turn them over and trade them, or even just have a strong bench.

I'd love to try out an auction league. As a Commish, I've suggested it twice over the last few years but no one wants to do it. They say its too time consuming. :dunno:

I like the strategy involved. Admittedly, I've tried a few auction mocks & became flustered quickly. This was more from my inexperience than anything, but still enjoyed it.

It's not really that much more time consuming...maybe the first year as everyone gets their feet wet...if you get all your players and use up your money it can be quicker than a standard draft.

Also, Britt for a buck is sweet...I thought I got a good deal when I got him for 3 percent of the cap.

Britt off of the WW? Does that count?

Matt Ryan in the seventh.

And who the hell really knows until the season is at least half way though?

IMO the best way to draft. Also doesn't take any longer than a traditional serpentine draft. Maybe next year I'll start up a FFT auction league.

There's just no comparison, once I did my first auction draft it became clear to me that it was a much better/more fair way of drafting. If your league is concerned about taking an extra hour to draft their fantasy team for the season then I'm guessing they're not that into fantasy football. Draft day is one of the best days of the season...aside from that c@ck tease Wednesday night game and then this coming Sunday. (Seriously, they give us 1 game and make us way 4 days for more...such a tease)

Romo in the 7th in a 12 team league. 3 QBs went in the first round, and 3 more by the end of the 4th. Romo was very undervalued going into most drafts this year, and those who got him are that much better at another position than those who didn't.

8 Calvin Johnson, Det WR

13 Darren McFadden, Oak RB

28 Jimmy Graham, NO TE

33 Ryan Mathews, SD RB

48 Doug Martin, TB RB

53 Percy Harvin, Min WR

68 Matt Ryan, Atl QB

73 Stevan Ridley, NE RB

88 Torrey Smith, Bal WR

93 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

108 Ryan Williams, Ari RB

113 David Wilson, NYG RB

128 Titus Young, Det WR

133 Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE

148 Dan Bailey, Dal K

153 Bills D/ST D/ST

Feel like I got several steals in this particular draft. First time in this 10 team league and I was told it would be pretty competitive but several people had no clue what they where doing. Think this league might be a fun change of pace compared to my other leagues!

I love how guys make these general thread titles but when in fact he just wants to talk about HIS steal of the draft.

I love how guys make these general thread titles but when in fact he just wants to talk about HIS steal of the draft.

cause Steve Smith has apparently been what this entire thread is about?

:wall:

I snagged Matt Stafford in the 4th round in a 1-team draft. Rodgers, Brady, and Brees went in the first round almost back-to-back and then nobody touched a QB after that. I snagged Calvin Johnson in the first, Wes Welker in the second, Adrian Peterson in the third and could not believe Stafford just kept sliding. I thought about him in the second but made the decision after drafting Johnson that I wanted to target an elite WR squad in this league so I grabbed Welker since he's a PPR GOD. Then I thought about Stafford in the 3rd but figured I couldn't afford to go another round without taking an RB, especially with AP still out there. My mind was fully blown when Stafford came all the way back around and was STILL there when I was back up in the 4th.

That Megatron - Stafford combo will net me 11+ points on every TD hookup this year (6 WR TD + 4 QB TD + 1 Reception + Any Yardage (1 per 20 for Stafford, 1 per 10 for Johnson.) I did the math - a 60 yard TD from Stafford to Megatron would net me an instant 20 points (6 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 6)

I snagged Matt Stafford in the 4th round in a 1-team draft. Rodgers, Brady, and Brees went in the first round almost back-to-back and then nobody touched a QB after that. I snagged Calvin Johnson in the first, Wes Welker in the second, Adrian Peterson in the third and could not believe Stafford just kept sliding. I thought about him in the second but made the decision after drafting Johnson that I wanted to target an elite WR squad in this league so I grabbed Welker since he's a PPR GOD. Then I thought about Stafford in the 3rd but figured I couldn't afford to go another round without taking an RB, especially with AP still out there. My mind was fully blown when Stafford came all the way back around and was STILL there when I was back up in the 4th.

That Megatron - Stafford combo will net me 11+ points on every TD hookup this year (6 WR TD + 4 QB TD + 1 Reception + Any Yardage (1 per 20 for Stafford, 1 per 10 for Johnson.) I did the math - a 60 yard TD from Stafford to Megatron would net me an instant 20 points (6 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 6)

a 1-team draft?

8 Calvin Johnson, Det WR

13 Darren McFadden, Oak RB

28 Jimmy Graham, NO TE

33 Ryan Mathews, SD RB

48 Doug Martin, TB RB

53 Percy Harvin, Min WR

68 Matt Ryan, Atl QB

73 Stevan Ridley, NE RB

88 Torrey Smith, Bal WR

93 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

108 Ryan Williams, Ari RB

113 David Wilson, NYG RB

128 Titus Young, Det WR

133 Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE

148 Dan Bailey, Dal K

153 Bills D/ST D/ST

Feel like I got several steals in this particular draft. First time in this 10 team league and I was told it would be pretty competitive but several people had no clue what they where doing. Think this league might be a fun change of pace compared to my other leagues!

and i thought i drafted with a group of idiots

Romo in the 7th in a 12 team league. 3 QBs went in the first round, and 3 more by the end of the 4th. Romo was very undervalued going into most drafts this year, and those who got him are that much better at another position than those who didn't.

Consistently got him in 6th and 7th rounds this year. Very happy with it and his Value!