Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

CJ Spiller

I didn't start him this week against the Jets but I think we can expect this from him most of the year. What a deal on a RB for whoever drafted him. Lot of doubters out there and he is doing this against the Jets.

The problem is going to be how they use him & Fred Jackson together (If/when Jackson is healthy). I didn't start him this week either, but gosh darnit... I sure wish I did!

he was incredible last year when jackson was hurt. not sure if he can stay healthy the whole year. i have him in 2 of 3 leagues...didn't start him in either, which is too bad cause i could use the pts.

whats the info on jackson? he is killing me right now going out with the injury. spiller is gone in both my leagues too. really thought he was going to have a good year, and this throws some rocks in both my leagues.

whats the info on jackson? he is killing me right now going out with the injury. spiller is gone in both my leagues too. really thought he was going to have a good year, and this throws some rocks in both my leagues.

MRI Monday. Deep breath, and...hold.

i have him in both of my leagues. my bench is decent but i was expecting big things from him.

you can all thank me for beating the crap out of my fred jackson vodoo doll last night. I bet there are a whole lot of worried Jackson owners who would overpay for spiller right now....

I don't think it will end up that bad. The hit was UGLY (and DIRTY) and I was really scared after seeing the replay but Fred seemed fine on the sidelines. No signs of being hobbled at all. My guess is that his non-return was purely cautionary. The score was already getting out of hand and CJ was looking MUCH better than Fred had early in the game anyway. Just sayin', he left the field very shortly after CJ's 58-yard touchdown scamper.

As I was telling people BEFORE the season, the biggest concern for FredEx owners should not be his age or his injury (last year's or this year's.) It should be CJ Spiller who looked completely unstoppable out there today. 12 yards per carry against the Jets is nuts and his two long runs were spectacular. He didn't just show off his speed but some strength and toughness as well, several broken tackles on both plays. CJ Spiller isn't supposed to be able to do that. If the score wasn't so out-of-hand then Spiller very likely would've gone over 200 yards today.

The worrisome part with Spiller (AND Fred) is Chan Gailey, though. Quite frankly, he's an idiot. He insists on throwing the ball 35 times a game no matter how terrible Fitzpatrick is. Take a look at the opening drive of the second half: CJ Spiller ~6 yards, CJ Spiller ~8 yards - CJ Spiller OUT OF THE GAME (?!?!), Tashard Choice -1 yard, Ryan Fitzpatrick interception returned for a touchdown. After CJ's SECOND huge run, he was yanked from the game AGAIN in favor of choice who proceeded to lose yardage on two goalline runs in a row. I don't know WHY he was taken out of the game, Spiller's shown a nose for the end zone in his career and even if he is a bit small for goalline duty I feel pretty safe in saying that he's probably better than Tashard Choice at pretty much everything...

Santa Clause came early for Spiller drafters and was probably Spiller's career best single-game. But it is the lowly Bills and and Spiller is a 1st-round draft pick couldn't locked down the starting job for 3 straight years. Most recently beat out by Jackson, a 31 y.o. undrafted RB.

He'll get a lot more guaranteed touches, but I don't expect consistent big points by any stretch.

:dunno:

I hate the whole entire universe and everything within it.

Have he and FJax in one league.. totally exposed with only Fred in another. Can't say i'm a happy camper tonight. <_<

Santa Clause came early for Spiller drafters and was probably Spiller's career best single-game. But it is the lowly Bills and and Spiller is a 1st-round draft pick couldn't locked down the starting job for 3 straight years. Most recently beat out by Jackson, a 31 y.o. undrafted RB.

He'll get a lot more guaranteed touches, but I don't expect consistent big points by any stretch.

You're focusing on everything that happened before yesterday. The reality is that he looked phenomenal. I watched a lot of the game and he was hitting the holes very quickly. If it wasn't for a nice play by one of the Jets D, he would have had another long TD. I'm not expecting many days like yesterday but I think you're underestimating him.

Spiller was on my bench along with Matty Ice in 2 leagues. My bench outscored most teams starters. I played him in one league though. If I start Spiller across the board next week, no doubt he will have 2 points.

With Nelson getting hurt as well, wouldn't that mean the Spiller would get more targets in the passing game?

He is now the starting RB and the starting slot receiver, so they're starting only ten players from here on out. Minimalism is so gangsta.

I don't think you could be any farther from the truth. He had 195 total yards and a TD against the Jets D, who looked very good. Spiller runs a 4.27 40 yard dash. Fast as hell. He isn't big but his speed and agility is so electrifying that if he gets space he could break a TD on any play. He had 194 total yards on 14 touches giving him 12.12 yards per touch. You can sit here and throw out assumptions based on nothing all you want, but I will take the evidence that I have seen so far and base my conclusions off of that.

Yes he didn't perform to a high standard his first year but he was only a rookie. Not every rookie gets it right out of the gate. Last year FJax took off and there was no need to give Spiller a ton of touches. FJax gets hurt, Spiller gets touches, and now all of a sudden he is producing near the same level as FJax while only in his second year in the NFL. Now we are in his third year. Jackson hurt his knee, but we are not sure at this point how bad it is. The Bills now have a healthy back that is as electrifying as any RB in the league. I wonder what the hell they are going to do? Find another RB to throw out there? Or maybe they give Spiller more touches and allow him to work in space with his ridiculous talent.

I guess this is why you shouldn't overreact to preseason. I cut Spiller right before the games this week, so now he's sitting on waivers. On the plus side, in the leagues I lost in this week maybe I can get him back, or Alfred Morris who I was interested in anyway. The Devil will however just start Helu next week, whereas if Fred Jackson is out for awhile Spiller is set in stone as a fantasy star.

With Nelson getting hurt as well, wouldn't that mean the Spiller would get more targets in the passing game?

Here is a piece of advice all should take. If Donald Jones is available in any of your leagues go get him. He is better than Nelson and should flourish if Nelson is out for a while.

I think I may try to see what I can get for Spiller this week.

I am trying to aquire him in the 2 leagues i dont have him from guys who want take advantage of his one game. Cept its going to be more than one game. :headbanger:

I'M a Spiller fan but is everyone overseeing the fact that Buffalo was behind and the Jets anticipated the pass most of the game? Spiller has skills,not dening that at all but temper all expectations after the first week people.

So Buffalo spends a first round pick on Spiller. Benches him the first year. After FJax gets injured last year, Spiller replaces him admirably while only getting no more than 15 touches a game. Then Buffalo decides to resign a 31 year old injured RB and announce him the starter over Spiller (which they are paying more money for).

I guess that is why they are the Buffalo Bills.

I guess this is why you shouldn't overreact to preseason. I cut Spiller right before the games this week, so now he's sitting on waivers. On the plus side, in the leagues I lost in this week maybe I can get him back, or Alfred Morris who I was interested in anyway. The Devil will however just start Helu next week, whereas if Fred Jackson is out for awhile Spiller is set in stone as a fantasy star.

:wall:

Ha

So Buffalo spends a first round pick on Spiller. Benches him the first year. After FJax gets injured last year, Spiller replaces him admirably while only getting no more than 15 touches a game. Then Buffalo decides to resign a 31 year old injured RB and announce him the starter over Spiller (which they are paying more money for).

I guess that is why they are the Buffalo Bills.

Haha, so true!

I am trying to aquire him in the 2 leagues i dont have him from guys who want take advantage of his one game. Cept its going to be more than one game. :headbanger:

Not selling I'm in a rush to sell, just want to see what guys like you who are in lurve with him are willing to cough up.

I like the player but that team looked pretty bad yesterday. I'm not sure the Jets are actually that good, it very well may be the Bills are that bad.

LMAO! I debated between him and Jonathan stewart in the 9th round of my 14 teamer. I went Stewart. He was sitting there in the 10th. I said ###### it and drafted Felix Jones as a handcuff to Murray. He was sitting there in the 11th. I went Mikel Leshoure. He was sitting there in the 12th. I said ###### when Best comes back he'll be a beast in that offense. So I went Best over him. :wall:

To add insult to injury. In my league if you add a player they must stay on your roster for atleast 1 game. Well, With Leshoure suspended, Best out and Danarius Moore, Collie and Stewart all questionable and me needing to fill 2 flex spots. After dropping Collie for Royster only for him to not start. I ended up cutting Best and Stewart anyway.

How I passed on this dude 4 times is beyond me.

I ended up cutting Best and Stewart anyway.

Stewart was the only guy out of those 4 worth drafting, and you cut him before he even gets a chance to play. It's gonna be a long season you.

Damn! Now i'm going to have to choose between D. Martin in the 6th or CSpiller in the 10th as my keeper next year! :pointstosky:

Spiller was the #3 scoring fantasy RB over the final 5 games last season. Any time Fred Jackson is out, I think Spiller is a borderline RB1 or very good RB2. But if FJax comes back, it may be tough to start either of them.

F-Jax out at least 4 weeks, Nelson done for the year, per Rotoworld.

The MRI on Fred Jackson's right knee did not provide an "exact timetable for return" Monday, but CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Jackson is expected to miss four weeks in a "best case scenario."

F-Jax sprained his LCL at the very least, and the Bills don't know the full extent of the damage yet. Per La Canfora, the Bills will "monitor" the injury for the next 7-10 days. Look for C.J. Spiller to draw the start in Week 2 against the Chiefs and operate as an every-down back going forward. Spiller got loose for 194 total yards and a touchdown against the Jets in Week 1.

I didn't start him this week against the Jets but I think we can expect this from him most of the year. What a deal on a RB for whoever drafted him. Lot of doubters out there and he is doing this against the Jets.

if you expect 194 yards of offense then you are reaching a bit lol

reality is, he gashed a defense playing in garbage time for an entire half. I feel very confident in saying if that game was close he doesn't rip off most of those plays.

nevertheless, he will have his moments and has nice upside and certainly has a great opportunity.