Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Is this a fair compromise?

So, a guy in my league dropped Ray Rice. He claims his 3 year old did it and wants me to reverse the transaction. I told him that If he wants to have a 3 year old co-manage his team, he has to live with his managerial decisions.

That being said, it wouldn't be fair to let someone just pick him up on waivers. So... I came up with a solution that would be fair for everyone (except the guy who dropped Ray Rice). I decided I'd place Ray Rice on the roster of each team he faced, for the remainder of the regular season. Once the playoff's start, I will lock Ray Rice, so nobody will be able to use him against either other team.

He says that's BS, and is all ticked off... but the rest of the league thinks it's a great idea.

What do you guys think? :argue: :clap:

I'm shocked, SHOCKED you're a cunnt as commissioner in not just 1 league

So, a guy in my league dropped Ray Rice. He claims his 3 year old did it and wants me to reverse the transaction. I told him that If he wants to have a 3 year old co-manage his team, he has to live with his managerial decisions.

That being said, it wouldn't be fair to let someone just pick him up on waivers. So... I came up with a solution that would be fair for everyone (except the guy who dropped Ray Rice). I decided I'd place Ray Rice on the roster of each team he faced, for the remainder of the regular season. Once the playoff's start, I will lock Ray Rice, so nobody will be able to use him against either other team.

He says that's BS, and is all ticked off... but the rest of the league thinks it's a great idea.

What do you guys think? :argue: :clap:

Is this a joke?

It's and obvious mistake in fantasy football, keyword being fantasy. Put him back on his team or risk your league folding, as it should

You put him back, or you let him go through waivers like any other player. This cloning procedure is dumb. Why not just let anybody draft and start as many of whatever player as you want, so you get 12 teams with Foster and Rice and McCoy starting in flex against each other every week?

Do you really want to be the guy responsible for 12 Kevin Ogletrees? Do you?

You put him back, or you let him go through waivers like any other player. This cloning procedure is dumb. Why not just let anybody draft and start as many of whatever player as you want, so you get 12 teams with Foster and Rice and McCoy starting in flex against each other every week?

Do you really want to be the guy responsible for 12 Kevin Ogletrees? Do you?

12 kevin Ogletrees one cup! :headbanger:

Haha I think that's a great decision. Tell him you are willing to give him (and only him) a can't cut list. Also put it up to a vote for the rest of the league, I bet 5 people will abstain though. If everyone wants your idea though I would just do that, since that's the entire league against one guy.

Otherwise you do have to punish him somehow or it makes it a bit of a joke. Giving him Ray Rice back and then enforcing a can't cut list on him alone would sufficiently punish him probably. Then when somebody gets injured he's stuck with them, and loses waiver claims that he would have had by cutting that player, since he can't manage properly without the list.

Is this a joke?

Huh? Why would it be a joke?

The problem with this country is nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Just ask MaddFutherMucker. I'm sure he will agree with me.

Haha I think that's a great decision. Tell him you are willing to give him (and only him) a can't cut list. Also put it up to a vote for the rest of the league, I bet 5 people will abstain though. If everyone wants your idea though I would just do that, since that's the entire league against one guy.

Otherwise you do have to punish him somehow or it makes it a bit of a joke. Giving him Ray Rice back and then enforcing a can't cut list on him alone would sufficiently punish him probably. Then when somebody gets injured he's stuck with them, and loses waiver claims that he would have had by cutting that player, since he can't manage properly without the list.

That's a pretty good idea. But I'm playing him this week, so I want to atleast get RR for just this one week. I'm sure the league won't mind. They pretty much go with whatever I decide. Like edjr mentioned, I run a pretty tight ship.

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Being commissioner doesn't mean you have to be an ###### when people make mistakes. Just put him back on his roster because one day you'll make a mistake and hope a commissioner helps you out.

You sound like a ghey

Wish I had a schmuck like you running one of my leagues. If I was the guy with Rice I would jack you in the face and call it an "accident".

Power trip commissioners are one of the few things that take away the fun of fantasy football.

P.S. You must run a shitty league if you allow top 10 draft picks to be dropped.

You sound like a ghey

No, a ghey commish would just put him back on the guys team. That's why gheys are known as "givers" and "takers".

I'd call this decission "fair and balanced". Just like the Fox news slogan. Fox news hates the gheys, so this couldn't possibly be ghey.

Not to mention, I have almost 10,000 posts. How could a bunch of mostly noobs with only a couple hundred know more about what's fair than I do?

:wacko: :wub:

Wish I had a schmuck like you running one of my leagues. If I was the guy with Rice I would jack you in the face and call it an "accident".

Power trip commissioners are one of the few things that take away the fun of fantasy football.

P.S. You must run a shitty league if you allow top 10 draft picks to be dropped.

So you think I should control everyone's team? Tell them who they can and can't drop. Set their rosters and such. That's an interesting idea. It would defintely fall in line with the liberal ideals of this country and consequentially, my league. Let me run it by the rest of the league.

dude. give him his player back.

If he did it on purpose and wants to get his player back because he realized it was a retarded move...it means you're playing against a retarded person, cut that retard some slack.

If his kid did it, save the kid a beating, because I would punt the sh1t out of my kid if he dropped my #1 pick.

Do the right thing.

dude. give him his player back.

If he did it on purpose and wants to get his player back because he realized it was a retarded move...it means you're playing against a retarded person, cut that retard some slack.

If his kid did it, save the kid a beating, because I would punt the sh1t out of my kid if he dropped my #1 pick.

Do the right thing.

But doing the wrong thing feels so good! Like one time, when I was 10 or 11, I stole a bunch of change from my dad and spent it all on pizza and video games for me and my friends. It was one of the best times I remember having as a kid! I'm sure you can agree that free food is your favorite food, right?

It's fantasy football. It has nothing to so with this country. Taking responsibility for his actions would be loosing the player, not getting punished above and beyond for it.

A tight ship? Sounds to me like your team blows, and you're using this opportunity to steal Ray Rice for a week so you can hopefully squeak out a win. WTF kind of BS league are you running that wouldn't mind the commissioner taking a top 3 player for his own roster for a week? It's time you join a real league instead of rounding up all your teddy bears and tea party dolls on draft day.

It's only a 100$ buy-in, with a bunch of friends I've known for the better part of 30 years. It's mostly guys who collect baseball cards and comic books, but we do have a few girls who still collect bears.

So if a guy gets drunk, crashes his car and kills his family, losing his family would be enough punishment? He shouldn't have to go to jail, to learn from his actions? you guys aren't being very consistent.

I'm starting to think I should have posted this at FBG's. I'd probably get a more balanced response over there. They have much looser posting restrictions and moderation. As a result, the member base is much more conservative and knowledgeable about fantasy football.

No, a ghey commish would just put him back on the guys team. That's why gheys are known as "givers" and "takers".

I'd call this decission "fair and balanced". Just like the Fox news slogan. Fox news hates the gheys, so this couldn't possibly be ghey.

Not to mention, I have almost 10,000 posts. How could a bunch of mostly noobs with only a couple hundred know more about what's fair than I do?

You and Hannity can remain in the closet together, where you like it. Live and let live. :wave:

So you think I should control everyone's team? Tell them who they can and can't drop. Set their rosters and such. That's an interesting idea. It would defintely fall in line with the liberal ideals of this country and consequentially, my league. Let me run it by the rest of the league.

Really relating this to politics? Your league sounds absolutely miserable.

The problem with this country is nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Just ask MaddFutherMucker. I'm sure he will agree with me.

That's a pretty good idea. But I'm playing him this week, so I want to atleast get RR for just this one week. I'm sure the league won't mind. They pretty much go with whatever I decide. Like edjr mentioned, I run a pretty tight ship.

First, I am in a league where MfM is the commish. And he would never approve that retarded scheme you cooked up.

Second you are a troll.

If you are serious about this, just put Ray Rice back on the guys squad. Dont be a douche.

I support your position. You can't set precedent. Next thing you know this guy is gonna want you to change the time waivers run by a few hours. :thumbsdown:

First, I am in a league where MfM is the commish. And he would never approve that retarded scheme you cooked up.

Second you are a troll.

If you are serious about this, just put Ray Rice back on the guys squad. Dont be a douche.

Well, I got a PM from MFM with his phone number and everything. He told me he agrees with me 100% and to call him whenever I wanted. Pretty sure I know how he feels about self responsibility more than you do. :thumbsdown:

I support your position. You can't set precedent. Next thing you know this guy is gonna want you to change the time waivers run by a few hours. :thumbsdown:

Exactly! :banana:

This is retarded.

Its an obvious mistake, put the guy back on his roster.

Its similar to ESPN not letting you drop player in the top 30(or whatever).

One time we were drafting in a bid league and a guy mistakingly click the "all in" button and used all his money on 1 player.

Obviously he didn't mean to do it and I didn't want him to start the season with mostly all $1 player so I put the money back but penalized him.

I made him pay an extra $50 for what the player was worth.

Put Rice back on his team and penalize the guy. Something like no FA pickup for 1 or 2 weeks.

my favorite part of this thread has to be all the people taking it seriously and bashing mobb. fish on

This is retarded.

Its an obvious mistake, put the guy back on his roster.

Its similar to ESPN not letting you drop player in the top 30(or whatever).

One time we were drafting in a bid league and a guy mistakingly click the "all in" button and used all his money on 1 player.

Obviously he didn't mean to do it and I didn't want him to start the season with mostly all $1 player so I put the money back but penalized him.

I made him pay an extra $50 for what the player was worth.

Put Rice back on his team and penalize the guy. Something like no FA pickup for 1 or 2 weeks.

That might work. I'd like to hear some other ideas for punishment though.

I was going to suggest he have his old lady shine the chrome of the league knobs, but she's a bit butterfaced and has a mean overbite.

Other suggestions welcomed. TIA gents. :cheers:

You sir are an idiot. If I were that owner I'd drop my whole team and tell you to go fock off. People like you ruin fantasy football.

I was going to suggest he have his old lady shine the chrome of the league knobs, but she's a bit butterfaced and has a mean overbite.

That's no old lady, it's sean hannity. Tough to tell from the top of his head. :banana:

That might work. I'd like to hear some other ideas for punishment though.

Other suggestions welcomed. TIA gents. :cheers:

No that's some funny ######.

You sir are an idiot. If I were that owner I'd drop my whole team and tell you to go fock off. People like you ruin fantasy football.

What do you know about Fantasy Football, FlaHawker? The Seahags haven't produced a relevant fantasy player since Shaun Alexander.

The Lions have 2 (possibly 3) FF studs this year. I'm sure I know A TON more about FF than you do.

honestly, ray rice is such a fantasy giant that such irresponsibility MUST be met with quick and harsh punishment, lest the very integrity of your league be compromised. i would say that every team that plays this fellow should get not only rice but also houston team runningback each week. hth

I'm not totally sure how I feel about this. If you give him back Rice, it sets a precedent for people claiming moves they make are accidents if they don't turn out well. What's next? The guy benches a player that goes off, then claims his kid did it?

Hard to go against Mobb here, as he has more than 9,000 posts. Against him is a guy naked Desk with 11 posts. B) Desk.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about this. If you give him back Rice, it sets a precedent for people claiming moves they make are accidents if they don't turn out well. What's next? The guy benches a player that goes off, then claims his kid did it?

Hard to go against Mobb here, as he has more than 9,000 posts. Against him is a guy naked Desk with 11 posts. B) Desk.

judging by your own post count, i think it is pretty clear why you seem to indicate that 9000 posts is the cut-off between knowledgable players and freaking idiots. i think everyone knows that the real threshhold is 1200. anyone less than that - moron

you dress your desk?

Tough call here. Desk only has 11 posts which means he's smarter than the rest of us. Mobb has him beat up in hours logged as a fake football commish though, and hours logged on a fake football forum board. Desk seems to fall for Mobb's baiting though so maybe Desk doesn't have a ton of common sense. Mobb wins the Keep it in the closet award though.

This is really close and I don't know who to root for.

judging by your own post count, i think it is pretty clear why you seem to indicate that 9000 posts is the cut-off between knowledgable players and freaking idiots. i think everyone knows that the real threshhold is 1200. anyone less than that - moron

Now who is getting hooked?