Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Peyton

Looks horrible, def not the same guy as before injury for sure. His career is done sorry but he isn't the manning we all know & love

. RIP

Lools horrible, not the sane guy as before injury for sure. His career is done sorry but he isn't the manning we all know & love

I was shaking my head when they were showing the backup warming up near the end. Manning doesn't even have the arm strength left to throw a hail mary.

People used to say that Chad Pennington was as smart of a player as Manning, but didn't have the arm. Peyton Manning has become Chad Pennington.

you guyz are nutz ...,i'll take the 25 points he got me today...,once he devolops some more chemistry with a NEW TEAM he will be fine

I don't think he's the same but let's keep things in perspective. He's played the undefeated Texans and Falcons and the Steelers.

Let' see how he fares against Oakland, KC, and SD before declaring him dead.

I don't think he has nearly as much zip on the ball as he used to. Seems like he's struggling to make some throws that used to be routine.

Were you guys watching the 4th quarter? He was throwing deep pretty well. A little inaccurate at times, but I wouldnt say they lacked velocity. The velocity on his short passes was fine. He threw one so hard it bounced off the intended receivers hands into the TE's hands.

I don't think he has nearly as much zip on the ball as he used to. Seems like he's struggling to make some throws that used to be routine.

I saw plenty of zip on his passes today.

Were you guys watching the 4th quarter? He was throwing deep pretty well. A little inaccurate at times, but I wouldnt say they lacked velocity. The velocity on his short passes was fine. He threw one so hard it bounced off the intended receivers hands into the TE's hands.

I'm not saying he can't throw a nice pass. I just think he's lost a little something, and that might be enough to take him from great to merely good.

I think you guys need to give the guy a break. He hasn't played in a while. Is on a new team with a new system and new receivers. He might have some arm strength to work on but it's still the same brain. My only thing I have seen with Peyton this year is his dancing feet. He has happy feet in the pocket. That has to be messing with his rythum..

He looked okay Week 1, but he's looked dreadful the past 2 games. Today's game was very Kyle Orton-esque. No wonder they wanted to ship Tebow out so badly, eventually the Kyle Orton's of the world start losing too many games and get replaced. You can only fluke around for so long.

He looked okay Week 1, but he's looked dreadful the past 2 games. Today's game was very Kyle Orton-esque. No wonder they wanted to ship Tebow out so badly, eventually the Kyle Orton's of the world start losing too many games and get replaced. You can only fluke around for so long.

I'm sorry but 330 yards and 2 touchdowns is not "dreadful." Sure there's room for improvement, but let's keep things in perspective. And since this is a fantasy football site let's be honest, his fantasy stats today were good.

um ill take 25 Pts a game all day long from a 4th round draft pick... :cheers:

4th round???

wow thats a reach

Ill take my 5th rounder Ryan

My 9th rounder Griffin

or

my 10th rounder Flacco over spending a 4 on Peyton

I was shaking my head when they were showing the backup warming up near the end. Manning doesn't even have the arm strength left to throw a hail mary.

People used to say that Chad Pennington was as smart of a player as Manning, but didn't have the arm. Peyton Manning has become Chad Pennington.

Really? Yeah, he hasn't quite looked like vintage, 2006 mid-season Peyton Manning.

But after sitting out a full year, changing teams, and admittedly not quite 100% healthy yet, the dude is on pace for 4,100 yards and 27 TD's. And he's played 3 great teams, including 2 top defenses. Did I mention these were his first 3 games of football in 20 months?

As for yesterday's performance - he got off to a slow start for the 2nd straight game. His offensive line got manhandled. His WR's dropped at least 5 passes. He was facing the #1 overall defense. And he threw for 330 yards and 2 TD's.

:lol:

He's looked rusty at times....especially last Monday Night. But he's still one of the better QBs in the league. The TD pass to Stokley was a thing of beauty.

30 of 38 passes for 338 yards and three touchdowns without getting sacked or throwing an interception yesterday. Vintage. :pointstosky:

Against an awful Raider's D...

Really? Yeah, he hasn't quite looked like vintage, 2006 mid-season Peyton Manning.

But after sitting out a full year, changing teams, and admittedly not quite 100% healthy yet, the dude is on pace for 4,100 yards and 27 TD's. And he's played 3 great teams, including 2 top defenses. Did I mention these were his first 3 games of football in 20 months?

As for yesterday's performance - he got off to a slow start for the 2nd straight game. His offensive line got manhandled. His WR's dropped at least 5 passes. He was facing the #1 overall defense. And he threw for 330 yards and 2 TD's.

Sounds exactly like Kyle Orton, heck they played for the same team even! I didn't watch the Raiders game, was he pop-gunning it all over the place like the previous 2 weeks?

I have no faith in this guy continuing forward, I will start him until he falters and then hopefully have a decent replacement for him down the stretch. Maybe Tim Tebow! Sure Tebow won't be able to replace Kyle Orton this year, but on my fantasy team he could be the spiritual successor to Peyton Manning!

Sounds exactly like Kyle Orton, heck they played for the same team even! I didn't watch the Raiders game, was he pop-gunning it all over the place like the previous 2 weeks?

I have no faith in this guy continuing forward, I will start him until he falters and then hopefully have a decent replacement for him down the stretch. Maybe Tim Tebow! Sure Tebow won't be able to replace Kyle Orton this year, but on my fantasy team he could be the spiritual successor to Peyton Manning!

I don't get the Kyle Orton references.

As for Peyton, he just played his first 4 games in 20+ months. He just played his first 4 games with a new coaching staff, new receivers, etc. He's played some stiff competition, including the #1 defense in the league. He has a much more friendly schedule for the rest of the season: New England, New Orleans, Kansas City twice, Carolina, and Oakland again. And, admittedly, he's still knocking off some rust.

And he's on pace for 4,600 yards, 32 Touchdowns and 12 INT's. Yet you still have no faith in the guy. It's Peyton Manning. What makes you think it's only going to get worse, when nearly everyone has suggested that he should get better as the season progresses.

I think about two weeks ago, maybe Jaworski was talking about Peyton and he said he's lost about 5mph worth of speed on his throws. Maybe I was drunk (incredibly possible), but I am pretty sure that's what was said.

I don't get the great concern over Peyton's arm strength. If there's one QB who I trust to adapt, that would be Peyton. I tried to trade for him in my league because he's a QB friendly schedule the rest of the way.

The difference between Kyle Orton and Peyton Manning is Orton got beat 59-10 by Oakland back in 2010 and lost again in 2011 because he fumbled the ball and threw INT's all over the yard. Manning can read defenses in his sleep a lot better than Orton could ever imagine. The fact that you keep trying to establish the point that Manning = Orton leads me to believe that you are just a bitter Tebow fan. Go follow Tim Tebow on twitter because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

The win is nice, but the Raiders are horrible. And that Monday night game was absolutely horrible to watch, he kept trying to make the same throw (a deep inside seam/curl route?Ithink?) and kept missing it.

I am still not sold, but if your in a hole and need to shake up your QB situation it might be worth the gamble in trade...but I would need to be 0-3 and have a horrid QB situation to consider it.

The win is nice, but the Raiders are horrible. And that Monday night game was absolutely horrible to watch, he kept trying to make the same throw (a deep inside seam/curl route?Ithink?) and kept missing it.

I am still not sold, but if your in a hole and need to shake up your QB situation it might be worth the gamble in trade...but I would need to be 0-3 and have a horrid QB situation to consider it.

Gamble? He is 8th in qb scoring in my league...granted that's on 4 games when guys like Ben and Romo have 3 at this pt but there is no gamble.

His arm strength is now Kyle Orton level. At least it is better than Weeden, but that is a really bad spot to be in.

His arm strength is now Kyle Orton level. At least it is better than Weeden, but that is a really bad spot to be in.

Well, so far in fantasy he's been better than Joe Flacco. Better than his brother Eli. Better than Aaron Rodgers. Better than Michael Vick and Matthew Stafford.

Actually, despite playing his first 4 games in almost 2 years, and facing one of the tougher schedules in the league, he's the #7 overall QB in the league. Not a bad spot to be in after going in the 4th-7th rounds.

Well, so far in fantasy he's been better than Joe Flacco. Better than his brother Eli. Better than Aaron Rodgers. Better than Michael Vick and Matthew Stafford.

Actually, despite playing his first 4 games in almost 2 years, and facing one of the tougher schedules in the league, he's the #7 overall QB in the league. Not a bad spot to be in after going in the 4th-7th rounds.

post sig combo.