Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

MIN WR Jerome Simpson

With bye weeks starting is anyone trotting out Simpson this week? He could be a sneaky play in what promises to be a shootout against a DET team that just gave up a huge day to Jake Locker and the pooh Titans...

I'm giving great consideration to rolling the dice on Simpson this week. Shall we get his train rolling? :overhead:

I'm in if dude accepts my trade Hakeem for Charles Simpson gets the start

He gets the nod over Lafell this week after that bum put up 27 yards on that all-pro secondary that the NYG boasted last Thursday.

I think I may just roll him out this week over Colston. Colston has done nothing but sh!t the bed so far this year. Plus, I'm 0-3 in that league so i don't have a whole lot to lose....

Some of the names people are considering starting him over in this thread shock me.

Simpson is on my radar but is this jumping the gun? ( maybe it's being ahead of the curve and I'm slow)

Looking over his 2011 game log, I see 4 tds, 3 huge 100+ games and a bunch of 0, 1 or 2 catch games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/11280/jerome-simpson

Related to last year AP is healthy and both Harvin and Rudolph's role seem way more established.

At this point I think he'll have some big games but be inconsistent...

Some of the names people are considering starting him over in this thread shock me.

Simpson is on my radar but is this jumping the gun? ( maybe it's being ahead of the curve and I'm slow)

Looking over his 2011 game log, I see 4 tds, 3 huge 100+ games and a bunch of 0, 1 or 2 catch games.

Related to last year AP is healthy and both Harvin and Rudolph's role seem way more established.

You sir, get the post of the thread. :first:

Folks should really temper their expectations. The Jerome Simpson I know has never made owners as excited as this before. How much better is 2012 Jerome Simpson than 2011? He's supposed to set the world on fire all of a sudden? We have to take a wait and see approach. Don't get burned! :nono:

Dude is a weed head anyway. Definite ceiling on his motivation.

But if you wanna crown him, crown his ass. :dunno:

lol what names mentioned so far are that great that you couldn't start Simpson over them? Barden, Lafell and D. Jones? Are those guys are something special? Colsten is the only name I wouldn't start him over but I wouldn't bash someone if they thought about it. They are both boom or bust type players. I picked him up in a league or 2 but probably won't play him unless I am in a pinch or he really shows something.

Well with Antonio Brown on a bye my only other option is Brandon LaFell - who doesn't inspire great confidence after putting up paltry stats against the Giants awful secondary last week.

With no better option, why not roll Simpson out there in what should be a shootout with DET? By all accounts, MIN has had zero WR production aside from Harvin, which means Simpson steps directly into the starting spot opposite Harvin on Sunday.

Obviously it's boom or bust. But I'm willing to roll the dice on him catching a couple bombs over LaFell chipping away for 50-60 yards and no TD.

Latest Roto blurb:

Coach Leslie Frazier said he plans to use WR Jerome Simpson "quite a bit" this week.

The Vikings aren't going to ease Simpson back in off suspension. :wub: They desperately need his field-stretching speed to open things up for Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin and Kyle Rudolph. Simpson figures to see the majority of "X" receiver snaps against the Lions this week, but is just a WR4/5 in fantasy until further notice. <_<

It's down to LaFell or Simpson for me this week. I'm going to roll with Simpson in the better matchup and potential shootout.

I picked him up but am waiting to see what he does. Have Hawkins in over him.

What DET allowed TEN to do is somewhat appealing though considering how Minny's playing...

I drafted him very late and he starts this week for me over Colston, Britt and Garcon.

Not sure of Garcon's injury status, Britt plays my Texans and Colston just blows.

If you look at his biggest output last year, it was when AJ Green was hurt or when the defense took away AJ Green. So one could argue that when asked to step up and play a lead role, Simpson delivered. He's always been a remarkable physical talent whose success was too often impeded by off-the-field issues and, according to rumors in Cincinnati, a recurring lack of focus.

So now he's in Minnesota and he's the X-receiver in their offense, meaning he's the #1 downfield receiver. Yes, Harvin, Peterson and Rudolph will continue to be the focus in their mostly short-arm offense, but when the Vikings go downfield, 9 times out of 10, the guy they'll be throwing it to is Jerome Simpson.

I tend to think Simpson's biggest role will be to stretch the field and free up Harvin a little bit, so this is not some huge sleeper to jump on. But if you're in a 12-team league and you got a spot on your roster for a WR3 with nice upside, this is your guy.

I actually drafted Simpson late, but dropped him due to week one injury adds. Grabbed him again this week. Might also add that the Vikings look a little bit better than anyone thought and Ponder has a little bit better arm than scouts thought he had coming out of FSU.

(I do agree, however, that some of the players some are talking about starting him over is pretty crazy)

^^^ I also read that he looked good this summer and worked well with Ponder, really well.

I took a flyer on him. I know some think just b/c he didn't break out as a stud by his 3rd year in the league, that he can never break out like that but ya never know.....

......he obviously took some time to mature (see weed bust last year) and he sure as hell has talent (everyone knows his famous goal line flip) and now he's playing with a pretty underrated passer in a sneaky-good offense.

I'm tempted to start him THIS WEEK. I'm thinking he could have a big game right out of the gate with fresh legs and lots of speed to burn. Lions secondary is also pretty awful.

If anything, Simpson will be great help to Harvin, AP and Rudolph.

All 3's production depends strongly on a spread out defense.

Jenkins didn't do that well at all, let's hope Simpson can catch 1 or 2 long ones a game to spread the D out so AP and Harvin will only have 7 in the box to worry about.

He already had what appeared to be good chemistry with Ponder during the preseason and the guys is a physical freak along the lines of AJ Green. He has a ton of talent, and that offense is actually coming together a bit. I think he could end up being the 1B WR slightly behind Harvin (but a lot behind in PPR leagues).

Didn't Jenkins have a 50-yard game this season? I think Simpson's floor this week is 3/40. Not a total bust.

I am starting him over Pitta in my flex because of his big play ability.

Thinking a out benching Washington for him?

If it works ... you look like a genius.

If Nate Washington goes off .... nevermind ... yeah, go for it.

I picked Simpson up yesterday. I want to see him play before I start him, but with Forte out I may end up starting him in flex.

I'm ALL IN... going to RIDE the J-ROME Train , have him starting over Fred Davis but might consider sitting Brandon Marshall instead against a stingy Cowboy D. Yeah, yeah, yeah... never bench your studs but Marshall has not reached stud'dom yet. :headbanger: :headbanger:

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: I am starting him over Colston....WHY?

Because the FF Today wk 4 rankings say so and that is enough for me!!!

Definetly worth a WW claim but I cant see how you can start him first week back..

Uh .... did you see the video I poasted in this thread?

:banana:

Come on ride it!

That's all you need to know.

Last time I did that .... it was a thread about CJ Spiller.

I got him, not sure if I should start him.

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

Victor Cruz

Eric Decker

Jerome Simpson

These 4 are fighting for 2 WR positions and 1 Flex. I am for sure starting C. Johnson and A. Johnson.

The last spot is um..... up for grabs? I really like Jerome Simpson though. He could be so darn good.

I'm officially on board.

Jerome Simpson over Brandon LaFell for me this week (Antonio Brown on bye).

I'll take 80 and a TD!

:overhead:

I got him, not sure if I should start him.

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

Victor Cruz

Eric Decker

Jerome Simpson

These 4 are fighting for 2 WR positions and 1 Flex. I am for sure starting C. Johnson and A. Johnson.

The last spot is um..... up for grabs? I really like Jerome Simpson though. He could be so darn good.

Cruz. Don't get cute with Simpson just yet... I get that it's tempting being it's his debut, and they're playing the Lions though ;p

Would I be crazy to drop Sidney Rice to pick up Jerome?

After watching Rusell Wilson the other night, I wish Simpson was around for me to do this exchange...

After tonight I sure wish I would have started him over Pitta at W/T. It wouldn't be hard for him to exceed that Pittaful performance. Maybe he won't fall down in the end zone when he's wide open.