Sign in to follow this  
Busted by the Feds

Ryan Williams is being ranked high this week

Trust him enough to start him, I mean . Like, this site has him ranked as the # 21 RB this week . ESPN and a couple of other sites I've seen ranked him around that high too ( in the 20's ) . After his dud last week, his first week as the starter, are we expecting a breakout ? He has the Thursday game too, so if he lays another egg, that's another wasted start you can't take back.

I do not trust him yet, but I am going to roll the dice with him in the flex spot in two of my leagues. If he is ever going to shine, this will be the game. Starting him in the Flex spot over Steven Jackson, Spiller, CJ, and Hixon.

you would have to REALLY go out on a limb to start this guy. He's shown nothing all year. the entire AZ running game has shown notihing. If you have another option, I would sit Williams

I have to start him this week. McFadden is on a bye and my only other choices are Ingram and Andre Brown. Charles is my RB1.

Wish me luck!

you would have to REALLY go out on a limb to start this guy. He's shown nothing all year. the entire AZ running game has shown notihing. If you have another option, I would sit Williams

AZ hasn't faced a rush D outside of the top 15 yet and has not put much emphasis on the run. I expect this game to be close with both offenses leaning heavily on the run. The AZ run defense has been strong, but the STL D has struggled in rushing D and excelled in pass D. This will probably be the first time that Williams is given the opportunity to show us something. With the other options I mentioned at Flex, I won't be missing out on many point if Williams doesn't do a whole lot. Worth the risk, IMO. If he blowws up, you will look like a genius and if he does nothing, nobody will even take notice.

Im weak at RB, so my choices are Williams or Jackie Battle..At this point, Im leaning towards Williams at the moment..

Bye week and depleted RB core give me no choice but to start Williams this week. The Rams D is weak against the run and they are playing on primetime TV. I'm really hoping for a breakout game tonight.

I read in the local (Phoenix) paper that the Cards have been doing more of their no-huddle, and that Williams isn't in that package... yet anyway. I doubt that will change on a short week. That being said, like an earlier post said, the Rams are strong on pass D and weaker on run D, and with a short week and minimal opportunity to gameplan, I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of basic run plays.

I read in the local (Phoenix) paper that the Cards have been doing more of their no-huddle, and that Williams isn't in that package... yet anyway. I doubt that will change on a short week. That being said, like an earlier post said, the Rams are strong on pass D and weaker on run D, and with a short week and minimal opportunity to gameplan, I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of basic run plays.

Do you know which RB they have been using in that no-huddle package?

Do you know which RB they have been using in that no-huddle package?

I would think it was typically Stephens-Howling, but he was hurt last week and didn't play. Looks like he is a GTD. Powell did it last week. Roto:

Coach Ken Whisenhunt confirmed that Ryan Williams isn't part of the no-huddle scheme because he's not far enough along in his development to handle it. The Cardinals had no shot of running the ball successfully against the Dolphins last week, so they quickly scrapped it and went no-huddle. William Powell was the one that practiced in that scheme all last week. The Cards figure to actually stick with the run game Thursday night as the Rams rank 26th in rushing yards allowed and are giving up 4.7 yards per carry. Williams is on the RB2 radar as the primary back in base formations. Oct 3 - 8:41 AM

I would think it was typically Stephens-Howling, but he was hurt last week and didn't play. Looks like he is a GTD. Powell did it last week. Roto:

Thanks for the info. In other words, Williams is not adept at pickintg up blockers.

Starting him in two league's dont have nay other better options like these losers

RB #2 here,Hillis Leshoure, Jennings, Gerhart, D. Thomas, D. Richardson, Bolden in one

Flex here - Jennings, Bolden, D. Thomas, Maclin, Nate Washington, Vick ballard, David Wilson

:overhead:

Thanks for the info. In other words, Williams is not adept at pickintg up blockers.

Probably not yet. He is essentially a rookie, having missed all of last year. I haven't heard it said in so many words, but it is a fair conclusion to draw. :thumbsup:

I love the matchup .. but have my doubts. :unsure:

Alternate flex plays include Ridley, or Colston. Thoughts?

I love the matchup .. but have my doubts. :unsure:

Alternate flex plays include Ridley, or Colston. Thoughts?

Ridley is the #7 RB in my non-PPR; I don't see how you can start Williams over him. :dunno:

I wouldn't discredit his abilities too much based on last weeks performance, he was going against the top run Def in the league. This week he gets St. Louis who is ranked 25th against the run, so it will be a great opportunity to see if this kid has what it takes to be a starter. If you have no one better, start him.

This is a focked up situation. He is supposedly "the man" but Powell played more snaps last week than Williams because of the no huddle.

Speculation is that Arizona will try to establish a ground game because STL pass defense is tough, particularly the corners. Meanwhile, STL can't stop the run at all. Accordingly folks are high on Williams this week.

After much deliberation, I am starting him over SJAX. This is his time to shine or be relegated to the scrap heap.

I traded him away for Witten this week FWIW (he was my 6th rb though and I'm really struggling at TE). What worried me the most is that he has done absolutely nothing this year other than racking up some garbage time yards versus the Eagles. The nail in the coffin was Powell getting more snaps than him last week. Yes Beanie is out, but Stephens-Howling was out last game and he still didn't get the majority of the snaps? I think he can be a decent flex when faced with a good matchup (for instance tonight vs. the Rams), but for the most part won't be a huge fantasy contributor as he isn't truly the sole runner in an already mediocre-bad Arizona running game.

I dealt him away a little while ago.. in a bigger deal that was centered around RG3 for Lynch. I would have liked to have kept him for a possible 2nd half emergence. He does have some upside if he can take control of that backfield.

That said, everything we knew about him and his situation is still relevant:

The Pros:

-Whiz likes him a lot, they drafted him at a high position and he busted his tail to try to get back healthy for this season.

-He's got good power, he's reasonably shifty and is a powerfully built RB.

-He's got an opportunity with Beanie out and the rumblings have always seemed that the team likes him more than Wells anyway.

-The team's talented, effective defense and somewhat better offensive balance lately, may bode well for an improvement in opportunities for a RB.

The Cons:

-He's essentially a rookie.. he's adjusting to the speed of the pro game and has to learn and refine pass protection, ball security, reading blocking, staying healthy week-to-week, etc. Guy is not one of these savant rookies who just gets it off the bat IMO.

-If they're in long down & distance situations, he'll come off the field for LSH or Powell.

-ARI's Oline leaves a lot to be desired for run blocking

-He's had a cold start. Even with their challenges running the ball as a unit, he's coughed the ball up (once when it should have cost them the game up in NE) and he hasn't made his own yards. Garbage time runs off of draw plays versus PHI is the only thing making his numbers completely un-hideous.. and they still pretty much are anyway.

-The biggie to me: He's still recovering from a terrible knee injury from last year. At best, it's going to take time for him to get comfortable, he likely won't have some explosiveness that he may well have in later, after he's truly had some time to get more close to fully healthy.

In short, I think this game is a great barometer to see if the kid will be FF relevant for the first half of the season. Otherwise, he'll likely be an intriguing stash (if you have the space) and possible real contributor in the 2nd half.. but his SOS doesn't look great.

Based on that, the offense as a whole and the presence of (2) ideal looking 3rd down backs the team trusts, his ceiling is probably a sometime Flex start at best in 2012.

He could just be a beast tonight.. he's worth the start IMO to cover a big bye week regardless, but if he tops 4.5 YPC versus the Rams run D.. I wouldn't get to excited about him down the line anyway.

I don't really like him this week...however I have a BYE situation and the Miami Rushing D is #1 in the league. So I have no choice but to give him a shot.

I'm hoping for 75 yards and a TD.

I have Williams. I started him last week as a flex and he cost me the game by 3.5 pts! So I think I will bench him for this week since it really drove me crazy! :wall: Good luck to all of you playing him this week! Prove me wrong! :overhead:

Ridley is the #7 RB in my non-PPR; I don't see how you can start Williams over him. :dunno:

Yeah... I'm going to change to Ridley right now. :banana:

Nice breakdown Cookie..... Im starting him cuz Mcfadden and Murray on on byes... I dont have a choice.. Hope he shows something this evening.

Nice breakdown Cookie..... Im starting him cuz Mcfadden and Murray on on byes... I dont have a choice.. Hope he shows something this evening.

No prob. dude.. glad it was informative.

My fave and only paysite (i know, i know.. but it's paid for itself believe me), likes his chances tonight for a few reasons:

-Cards really want to get the run game going.

-Some Ram DT who's name escapes me is either a scratch or limited.

-Ram run D is not good and their good corners should make the Cards offense a lot more run oriented.

-Stephens-Howling is OUT tonight (double check, but i'm 90% sure on this).

-Cards shouldn't be in their hurry-up mode so much tonight.. Miami had built up a lead and they needed to use it to come back. Powell will be featured in the hurry-up.

-This site apparently thinks Williams will be used in plenty of 3rd down situations if he's playing well.

------------------------

I'd try him at a Flex spot if I still had him. I'd probably play him over both FJax or Spiller this week (whom i still have). If somehow the Rams pop out to a big lead.. you may be real disappointed.

And yeah Snatchem.. may as well throw him in there, you can't kick yourself for sitting CJ2.2; he's at best a matchup play right now and it ain't looking great for him @MIN. Now stop bugging everyone on the main board with your anxious WSIS posts. :music_guitarred:

You got Williams for one reason or another, Tonight's the night to try him out. :thumbsup:

I've got to choose between Ryan Williams and Ryan Matthews.

I have roughly 30m to decide if I'm feeling lucky!

Will Battle really start or are the SD coaches not that dumb?

I still have H. Miller in my .5 PPR flex spot for now.

I could put D. Bess there too.

I'm kind of waiting for R. Williams to show me something first. I hope it's tonight. He gets Buffalo next week.

I would have felt a lot better if I started RW over Sjax who is just not part of gameplan at all tonight.

guess that's why outside of a bomb to Danny they haven't done shiat

He has no vision and sucks

Wich wouldn't be too bad if the cards ran or had a competent qb. At least bad rbs on good teams can plod to 85 yds a game.

Cards offensive line is brutal. I'm not sure any running back would have success. Dang.

Cards offensive line is brutal. I'm not sure any running back would have success. Dang.

This.

That OL is a mess, they were chipping the ends to give their tackles some help, and those DE's were STILL getting to the QB. I don't know that I have ever seen that happen like that before. Ariz throws like crazy because it really the only thing they can do well, but I am not sure that both of their QB's can last the season if they keep taking a beating every week.