Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Anyone hear what Wes Welker said about BB? Uh Oh.. this ain't good.

Will Wes Welker face disciplinary actions from the Patriots after his comments after the game saying, "It's nice to stick it in Bill's face every once in a while"?

:doh:

C'mon Wes. let it go and STFU! :wall:

It should be interesting to hear what Bill says today when they ask him about it. You KNOW that they will ask him.

i am sure in between making sucky noises with his tongue and lips, he will say nothing of substance.

Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker has been known to get on the wrong side of coach Bill Belichick for his wisecracking ways. But the receiver, playing on a one-year contract and with an uncertain future in New England, didn't hold back after Sunday's 31-21 victory over the Broncos.

Speaking on a postgame show on CSNNE, Welker was asked about catching 13 passes and how that compared to Week 1, when his playing time was limited and he caught just three passes.

"Yeah, it's kind of nice to stick it in Bill's face once in a while," a smiling Welker said with a wink of his eye. "So this is definitely a good one."

I think it would be one thing if a rookie or a 2nd year guy said something like that. Welker is sort of an institution there though and has the juice to probably get away with it.

I thought he was talking about the off-camera post-game celebration....

:dunno:

I think it would be one thing if a rookie or a 2nd year guy said something like that. Welker is sort of an institution there though and has the juice to probably get away with it.

the same Wes Welker that was sat out for the start of a playoff game for making foot jokes about Rex Ryan?

the same Wes Welker that was sat out for the start of a playoff game for making foot jokes about Rex Ryan?

Ahhh...good point. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a joke/poke in good fun to me.

If BB sits his starting WR because he can't take a joke (at the expense of actually trying to win games) then BB is a bigger dooshbag than I already thought.

I thought he was talking about the off-camera post-game celebration....

:dunno:

:lol:

Sounds like a joke/poke in good fun to me.

If BB sits his starting WR because he can't take a joke (at the expense of actually trying to win games) then BB is a bigger dooshbag than I already thought.

With Hernendez slated to come back next week, don't be surprised.

I can see him getting cut. CUT. Really. Let loose. Dropped like a bad habit. BB is a control freak and he will make a statement just not to the media.

If Brady had any cojones he would stick up for his receiver and tell BB to stop focking up and focking around....

But he doesn't :(

Sounds like at this point Welker is ready to move on and play for a different team next year.

Can't say that I blame him after what is going down there this year.

If Brady had any cojones he would stick up for his receiver and tell BB to stop focking up and focking around....

But he doesn't :(

What, exactly, is BB focking up with respect to Welker?

What, exactly, is BB focking up with respect to Welker?

If he benches Welker for a game and the Pats lose, he's focking up the Patriots.. :thumbsup:

Sounds like at this point Welker is ready to move on and play for a different team next year.

Can't say that I blame him after what is going down there this year.

Maybe he is but I wonder if he realizes if it is because of Brady that he has had a lot of success. He did have a few games where he played on less snaps than he is used to but he is still being involved in the offense. I think he is just being himself, not realizing he should keep certain things to himself. If he is really fed up with the team I don't know if there is a situation where he can excel like he has with the Patriots.

Having seen what BB does to players that do not keep everything "in house," I would not be surprised if he was a little butt hurt about what Wester said.

Maybe he is but I wonder if he realizes if it is because of Brady that he has had a lot of success. He did have a few games where he played on less snaps than he is used to but he is still being involved in the offense. I think he is just being himself, not realizing he should keep certain things to himself. If he is really fed up with the team I don't know if there is a situation where he can excel like he has with the Patriots.

Having seen what BB does to players that do not keep everything "in house," I would not be surprised if he was a little butt hurt about what Wester said.

I'm sure he realizes that he can't just go to the Jaguars and put up similar numbers, but there are plenty of teams with QBs that can make great use of him.

I'm not sure what BB or Patriot's fans expect out of Welker, but you take a guy that is that important to your offense, refuse to give him a long term contract, and then do your best to marginalize him in what essentially is a contract year... and yet he still pulls through for you when the guys you were trying to replace him with get hurt. If you don't treat your players with any respect, you are going to lose their respect in return.

I'm sure he realizes that he can't just go to the Jaguars and put up similar numbers, but there are plenty of teams with QBs that can make great use of him.

I'm not sure what BB or Patriot's fans expect out of Welker, but you take a guy that is that important to your offense, refuse to give him a long term contract, and then do your best to marginalize him in what essentially is a contract year... and yet he still pulls through for you when the guys you were trying to replace him with get hurt. If you don't treat your players with any respect, you are going to lose their respect in return.

Wait a minute. The Patriots traded for Welker and gave him a contract that he never would have received anywhere else and they gave him an opportunity to play in a high-powered offense.

The fans have nothing against Welker. He is loved in Foxboro.

The team did not sign him to a long-term contract because they could not come to terms. How do you know what he wanted in a contract? How do you know what they offered. In the meantime, they pay him franchise WR money.

They did not "marginalize" him. The team has always played based on their strategy to win that game and not for fantasy purposes. If Hernandez and Gronkowski are healthy, then they provide some good complimentary weapons and Brady will pass to whoever is open.

If you really think that Belichick will let Welker sit and not be used, risking a loss, then you are mistaken.

Unless Belichick is a completely humorless clod, I think he will recognize that this was intended as a joke and even a bit of a poke at the media and fantasy community who were ready to lynch the Pats' coaches after week 1.

He won't bench him.

I haven't really been following the Patriots to closely... I thought they lost a game to AZ because they benched him but I believe that was a different game....

:clap:

But yeah, they're shipping his ass off now. Seattle?! The midget to midget connection?

How are Welker's skillz in putting his arms around a D-back who has intercepted a ball? :lol: :lol:

Most coaches would laugh it off. Belid1ck is the kind of dooshbag who really would bench Welker for it. I like how BB went for it on 4th and 5 with a 17-point lead yesterday. The Broncos promptly scored and it let them right back into the game. Bill is the kind of coach who isn't content to just win a game, he needs to show everybody what a freaking genius he is. Really the guy is a cheater and giant ######.

hth

Still gnawing away at ya? :lol:

Not too much..... that pathetic second half collapse against the Colts yesterday pretty much erased everything in my mind that happened in the season before... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I haven't really been following the Patriots to closely... I thought they lost a game to AZ because they benched him but I believe that was a different game....

He wasn't benched. He didn't start the game and he did not have as many snaps as he has been getting the past.

Most coaches would laugh it off. Belid1ck is the kind of dooshbag who really would bench Welker for it. I like how BB went for it on 4th and 5 with a 17-point lead yesterday. The Broncos promptly scored and it let them right back into the game. Bill is the kind of coach who isn't content to just win a game, he needs to show everybody what a freaking genius he is. Really the guy is a cheater and giant ######.

hth

Yet, you would love to have him instead of the Walrus.

Not too much..... that pathetic second half collapse against the Colts yesterday pretty much erased everything in my mind that happened in the season before... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Yeah, that was a shocker and not the fun kind your lady lets you get away with sometimes when she's drunk.

Yeah, that was a shocker and not the fun kind your lady lets you get away with sometimes when she's drunk.

Yeah..... you coulda describe that second half as "Five in the stink" :lol:

on my birthday, too <_<

They did not "marginalize" him. The team has always played based on their strategy to win that game and not for fantasy purposes. If Hernandez and Gronkowski are healthy, then they provide some good complimentary weapons and Brady will pass to whoever is open.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Patriot players in any league so I do not really care about the fantasy impact this situation has (aside from Brady, I think they were all valued too highly given the number of weapons they have).

He lost playing time to Julian Edelman, as in he was not even allowed onto the field. It was a clear attempt to marginalize him and make him dispensable to the team because of the contract situation. I get it, football is a business, and a big part of winning is about managing the money so giving out a big contract to an older player is something you have to be very careful about. And BB doesn't write up the contracts, so for all we know, Kraft may have been asking him to gameplan in that manner. It still feels like Welker is getting the short end of the stick.

If you really think that Belichick will let Welker sit and not be used, risking a loss, then you are mistaken.

Are we talking about the same Belichick here? I think he would absolutely sacrifice a game if he thought it would benefit the team in the long term.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Patriot players in any league so I do not really care about the fantasy impact this situation has (aside from Brady, I think they were all valued too highly given the number of weapons they have).

He lost playing time to Julian Edelman, as in he was not even allowed onto the field. It was a clear attempt to marginalize him and make him dispensable to the team because of the contract situation. I get it, football is a business, and a big part of winning is about managing the money so giving out a big contract to an older player is something you have to be very careful about. And BB doesn't write up the contracts, so for all we know, Kraft may have been asking him to gameplan in that manner. It still feels like Welker is getting the short end of the stick.

Are we talking about the same Belichick here? I think he would absolutely sacrifice a game if he thought it would benefit the team in the long term.

Belichick would not sacrifice a game. Perhaps Welker was not putting forth the same level of effort leading up to Week 1 that they expected. Perhaps they like Edelman's blocking or outside routes in their "12" formations (2 TE's). :dunno:

Once they did not have the 2 TE formations because of the injury to Hernandez, they were going more 3 WR's with Welker in the slot. I think that people read too much into snap counts and other stats with the Patriots.

BTW - Belichick also shops for the groceries in Foxboro. Kraft just signs the checks.

Belichick would not sacrifice a game. Perhaps Welker was not putting forth the same level of effort leading up to Week 1 that they expected. Perhaps they like Edelman's blocking or outside routes in their "12" formations (2 TE's). :dunno:

Once they did not have the 2 TE formations because of the injury to Hernandez, they were going more 3 WR's with Welker in the slot. I think that people read too much into snap counts and other stats with the Patriots.

BTW - Belichick also shops for the groceries in Foxboro. Kraft just signs the checks.

There were rumors that the Pats* were not playing Wes because they didn't want him injured. That the Pats* were trying to get some value for him via trade before Wes hits free agency. The thinking was/is if Wes and the Pats* were far off on their negotiations they should try and trade him to someone who will lock him up to something that he is looking for and the Pats* can get something for him before he hits free agency.

There were rumors that the Pats* were not playing Wes because they didn't want him injured. That the Pats* were trying to get some value for him via trade before Wes hits free agency. The thinking was/is if Wes and the Pats* were far off on their negotiations they should try and trade him to someone who will lock him up to something that he is looking for and the Pats* can get something for him before he hits free agency.

I think that they wanted to see whether Edelman can (somewhat) fill Welker's shoes. I also believe that the team feels that Edelman is a better blocker and they have an intent to go more balanced with their offense (i.e. more run than in the past).

All of this is sort of moot with the injuries to Edelman and Hernandez, forcing the Pats :first: to revert to 3 WR sets and Welker more in the slot.

Yet, you would love to have him instead of the Walrus.

Belid1ck is a great coach. He's just an awful human being. Everyone outside of the New England area hates that doosh. I'm glad his championships are marred by cheating.

Belid1ck is a great coach. He's just an awful human being. Everyone outside of the New England area hates that doosh. I'm glad his championships are marred by cheating.

... at least his kids are all still alive. :o