Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Timeshare mogul warns in email he may be forced to lay off employees if Obama is re-electe

A Florida timeshare mogul known as the "King of Versailles" has sent his employees an e-mail saying he may be forced to reduce the number of workers in his company if President Obama is re-elected.

MyFoxOrlando.com reports David Siegel, the billionaire president and CEO of Orlando-based Westgate Resorts, told his employees that though his company has so far been able to survive during the harsh economic conditions, he does not believe it will be able to do so if President Obama wins a second term.

"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he says in the e-mail, which he gave to MyFoxOrlando.com. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/10/timeshare-mogul-warns-in-email-will-need-to-lay-off-employees-if-obama-is-re/#ixzz28uwLBQk6

:thumbsdown:

Easy on him now, how will he collecting his millions and pay for his extravagant lifestyle if he does not put people on the streets?

Easy on him now, how will he collecting his millions and pay for his extravagant lifestyle if he does not put people on the streets?

4 years of that is enough. :thumbsdown:

Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin promised to move out of the country if Bush was re-elected. The icons on both sides posture. :dunno:

Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin promised to move out of the country if Bush was re-elected. The icons on both sides posture. :dunno:

You should be ashamed of yourself for defending this asshat.

Good way to scare your employees to make them vote for Romney

What an asshat

:thumbsup:

Didn't Obama say that he supports lowering the corporate rate? So apparently, even if that were to happen and this corporation was potentially better off, this focknut is going to lay people off if his personal taxes change. :rolleyes:

You should be ashamed of yourself for defending this asshat.

He is merely following federal guidelines and giving his 60 day notice to employees.

He is merely following federal guidelines and giving his 60 day notice to employees.

I'd say I plan to boycott this ahole's company, but the reality is I'd never be stupid enough to piss my money away on a timeshare anyway.

You can do that without the politics, just say "due to economic concerns blah blah blah"

I'd say I plan to boycott this ahole's company, but the reality is I'd never be stupid enough to piss my money away on a timeshare anyway.

Modern timeshares that are point based are actually a great value depending on your lifestyle.

Who employ a shitload of people

Sure, so long as their millions and millions are not affected, meanwhile their employee's struggle or are put out on the street, making one wonder, how much is enough?

You can do that without the politics, just say "due to economic concerns blah blah blah"

I have no problem with him telling people he is laying them off because of Obama policies "after the election".

I'm just going to assume there's no value in discussing the relative merits of being employed by a timeshare mogul, versus being unemployed and potentially seeking work that might actually benefit the worker, society, and the economy.

May Goddess bless you with a shake of Her magnificent tatas.

If you have a problem with this guy stating the facts about his company and who would make better policies as the next president for him and his company, you should also have a problem with unions doing the same and taking money from their members and using it for political gain.

Sure, so long as their millions and millions are not affected, meanwhile their employee's struggle or are put out on the street, making one wonder, how much is enough?

Do you understand that companies are not in business to give you a job? To think that they are is too much.

The guy employs 10K people. I find it interesting that you choose higher taxes over employment. Makes one wonder, how much is enough?

Modern timeshares that are point based are actually a great value depending on your lifestyle.

Why am I not surprised that you're the kind of guy who goes for timeshares?

I have no problem with him telling people he is laying them off because of Obama policies "after the election".

Of course you don't. You quit your job and became a leech on society to "show" Obama. Way to stand behind your mantra of personal responsibility.

The guy employs 10K people. I find it interesting that you choose higher taxes over employment. Makes one wonder, how much is enough?

I choose reasonable pay over layoffs, laying people off people because you want more money is sick, and shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

Do you understand that companies are not in business to give you a job? To think that they are is too much.

Thank you for that bit of truth Phurfur. So tell me, if businesses don't exist to give people jobs, then how will massive tax cuts magically create jobs? Companies won't go out and hire more people just because they can - you said so yourself.

"how many yachts can you water ski behind, gordon?"

Thank you for that bit of truth Phurfur. So tell me, if businesses don't exist to give people jobs, then how will massive tax cuts magically create jobs? Companies won't go out and hire more people just because they can - you said so yourself.

i would rather hear your version of how tax rate increases magically create real, sustainable jobs.

Good way to scare your employees to make them vote for Romney

What an asshat

Exactly what he's doing. He's probably very wealthy and wants the breaks he'll get with Romney. Typical greedy asspipe.

I think I read the same things being said about Rockefeller, Morgan, Carnegie and Vanderbilt. Followed by they are destorying this country.

:thumbsup:

Didn't Obama say that he supports lowering the corporate rate? So apparently, even if that were to happen and this corporation was potentially better off, this focknut is going to lay people off if his personal taxes change. :rolleyes:

Obama says a lot of stuff.

Feel free to link us up to any of his budget proposals that included lowering the corporate tax rate.

I think I read the same things being said about Rockefeller, Morgan, Carnegie and Vanderbilt. Followed by they are destorying this country.

Are you trying to prove our point for us? :cheers:

Are you trying to prove our point for us? :cheers:

Yes if your point is class envy and over paid CEOs won't destroy the country.

Billionaires threatening their employees with layoffs if they don't get the president they want ... awesome. I hope his employees tell this tool to go fock himself.

Of course you don't. You quit your job and became a leech on society to "show" Obama. Way to stand behind your mantra of personal responsibility.

Wrong! I quit my job because it was more profitable for me to retire than it was work. It is the Great Society I was promised in the 60s. Too bad you will never see it.

You lefties won't figure out what is happening until no one is working.

When you take from people who work and give it to people who don't work, fewer people will work.

Billionaires threatening their employees with layoffs if they don't get the president they want ... awesome. I hope his employees tell this tool to go fock himself.

With unemployment being what it is, pretty doubtful

With unemployment being what it is, pretty doubtful

I hope they at least call this tool's bluff. Fock him and his threats.

I choose reasonable pay over layoffs, laying people off people because you want more money is sick, and shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

As opposed to just cutting .gov spending? It reeks of the opinion that this CEO's profits aren't his to do with as he pleases.

If his employees don't want to work there because he's cheap, he won't go very far.

I guess I just completely disagree. IMO, it's a backwards way of thinking.

What's wrong is for Obama's tax policies to hurt businesses. They aren't in the business of giving people jobs. Those jobs come by NEED for help to run his company.

If he believes Obama will ruin that, isn't that HIS prerogative?

He didn't quit it, he lost it.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=536883&view=findpost&p=11987725

And I don't think the reason has anything to do with Obama.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=579192&view=findpost&p=12758461

I hope they at least call this tool's bluff. Fock him and his threats.

I agree I feel this same way about this idiot as the idiot teacher that threatened a student for wearing a Romney shirt.