Sign in to follow this  
SweetnessWJP

Vick Ballard

Ill put it this way.

Our league has been intact for almost 15 years. Guys study, trade, and make adjustments constantly. They know what they are doing for the mostpart.

Vick Ballard was not picked up....at all.

8 team league?

Ill put it this way.

Our league has been intact for almost 15 years. Guys study, trade, and make adjustments constantly. They know what they are doing for the mostpart.

LOL!!

Ill put it this way.

12 team League going on year 9...Vick Ballard was drafted in my league (round 14 of 16, pick # 164) :shocking:

I can only have 4 RBs in my league. I own MJD, Chris Johnson, Mikel Leshoure, and Andre Brown. Should I drop Brown for Ballard??

I just picked him up and dropped CedBed. I also have Donald Brown on my roster so this was a must-do-move. There's no one available so one of these guys is my 3rd back.

I had Brown starting as flex and was lucky to get Ballard. But I'm not desperate/crazy enough to start him right away. Better off with WR3 as flex for now. I gotta see how the kid does first.

I ain't expecting much, but I'm rooting for him.

:pointstosky:

Should I drop Andre Brown for Ballard? Anybody???

I'd make that move. He's gonna be starting for the next few weeks.

Who knows what Browns role may be. Is he even healthy?

I'd make that move. He's gonna be starting for the next few weeks.

Who knows what Browns role may be. Is he even healthy?

That's what I'm thinking too....at 2-3 this move could help. Thanks.

Should I drop Andre Brown for Ballard? Anybody???

How much confidence do you have in Ahmad Bradshaw's health?

:ninja:

Why is everyone all over Wilson as the backup RB in NY now? I don't think Brown has much value. I would grab Ballard. I grabbed him in 3 leagues within minutes of the news.

Not much, but I could also use a sure starter for 3 weeks in a row considering my record. Basically, I'd be taking a sure thing for the next three weeks compared to a complete roll of the dice with Brown for the rest of the season. Sure, if Bradsaw goes down I'll hate myself, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Not much, but I could also use a sure starter for 3 weeks in a row considering my record. Basically, I'd be taking a sure thing for the next three weeks compared to a complete roll of the dice with Brown for the rest of the season. Sure, if Bradsaw goes down I'll hate myself, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

No doubt if anyone NEEDS a starting RB for the next 2-3 weeks, they should dump their trash for this gift God gave them.

Otherwise, Ballard is just another RB lottery ticket. And those are nice to have too. :music_guitarred:

I can only have 4 RBs in my league. I own MJD, Chris Johnson, Mikel Leshoure, and Andre Brown. Should I drop Brown for Ballard??

I dropped Brown for Ballard. I think Wilson is working his way back out of the doghouse and if/when Bradshaw goes down again, Brown won't have the same opportunity he did the first time.

After picking him up today and having a struggling backfield i'm excited about the possibility he'll blow up, but after seeing this video i'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

:P

Drank the kool-aid as I literally didn't have a second starter on my roster(16 teamed with only 3RB slots allowed) and used my last roster move for the year (just 3 allowed all year) so I hope this mo**er fu***er is worth it!

To the promised land Vick!

:unsure:

used my last roster move for the year (just 3 allowed all year)

:shocking:

That's the craziest transaction rule I've ever heard of. What happens when teams can't field whole rosters? Doughnuts?

After picking him up today and having a struggling backfield i'm excited about the possibility he'll blow up, but after seeing this video i'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

Atleast he didn't get tackled !?!?

:shocking:

That's the craziest transaction rule I've ever heard of. What happens when teams can't field whole rosters? Doughnuts?

We get IR moves if the player is listed as out.... Not inactive... Must be listed as out on injury list. Other than that... Just the 3.... Totally brutal but it's been a 20 year league that hates the revolving rosters seen in a lot of other leagues. There has been talk to allow more but even the proposed move to 4 has been voted down annually!

Here's a clip of all his runs against Wake Forest.

He seems to have good vision, but has a hard time breaking tackles. Dunno if I'd trust him being an every down back. However, if you're desperate for a RB, then take a chance with him. Nothing to lose.

Thanks, someone needed to post this. He could run for 2000 yards over the next 10 weeks but he would still be that dude who fell down trying to run a 40.

Would you drop CJ0K for him? I've been wanting to drop that bum, but with roster restrictions in my 14 team league, it had to be for a RB and there just haven't been any worth it.

nabbed him for $615 of the $2500 waiver cap based mostly on the facts presented in this thread. looks like i'll be starting him over shonn greene, brandon bolden, nate burleson, davone bess, mike williams, and justin blackmon. yikes, i sure do have a lot of crap on my team.

here's hoping!

"OMG - Vick Ballard is listed atop the depth chart and is expected to start for 2-3 weeks. Everybody drop whoever it takes to pick this guy up right now!"

SETTLE DOWN people. This isn't the 2nd coming of "Sweetness" here, it's just another rookie RB that is averaging 2 yds/carry. If you're absolutely desperate at the RB position, than yes pick him up, miracles can happen.

But just to set some realistic expectations, here are his game logs from last season at Miss St.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/vick-ballard-1/gamelog/2011/

To save you the trouble of looking for yourself, against ranked opponents, Ballard put up the following #'s:

LSU - 10 car, 38 yds, 0 TD's

Georgia - 8 car, 23 yds, 0 TD's

S. Carolina - 20 car, 67 yds, 0 TD's

Alabama - 9 car, 21 yds, 0 TD's

Arkansas - 13 car, 54 yds, 0 TD's

Not exactly a world beater.

Agree, he isn't a world beater but keep in mind the talent discrepancies in the college ranks could be huge. Sometime opportunities and situation is far more important than talent\physical abilities along. He's starting and might get 14-18 carries in an offense that can move the ball...enough said. I would certainly drop a bench player for him.

Would you drop CJ0K for him? I've been wanting to drop that bum, but with roster restrictions in my 14 team league, it had to be for a RB and there just haven't been any worth it.

absolutely not. every one needs to take a deep breath and realize he'll prolly only be usable for three weeks.

absolutely not. every one needs to take a deep breath and realize he'll prolly only be usable for three weeks.

Unless he takes the starting job outright. I think that is the hope. Low risk, high reward.

I lost Williams for the year, so why not? I'd rather take a chance on Ballard than on Powell or Green...at least he isn't in a time share, even if it's only for 2-4 weeks.

I drafted Benson in my 2 biggest leagues. I knew about the 8+ weeks as soon as Shefter broke the news. Sucks. #2 RB gone. Starks was actually already owned, and I forced a guy to spend 25% of his FAAB on Green. I swooped in and grabbed W. Powell and Vick Ballard, cheap.

I'm actually starting Ballard in the flex this week. Happy that I got him for nothing, hope he can get me some points, and then Jhavid Best comes back and rips it up. I have a sick lineup otherwise. Rodgers, Cruz, Austin, Jennings, McGahee, Cook, Akers.

I just need, a total stud RB out of nowhere, and I'm good.

I think that given the clarity for Best will be known soon, Ballard actually fits my situation better, after losing Benson.

I had too much tied up with GB anyway with Rodgers and Jennings.

"OMG - Vick Ballard is listed atop the depth chart and is expected to start for 2-3 weeks. Everybody drop whoever it takes to pick this guy up right now!"

SETTLE DOWN people. This isn't the 2nd coming of "Sweetness" here, it's just another rookie RB that is averaging 2 yds/carry. If you're absolutely desperate at the RB position, than yes pick him up, miracles can happen.

But just to set some realistic expectations, here are his game logs from last season at Miss St.

To save you the trouble of looking for yourself, against ranked opponents, Ballard put up the following #'s:

True, but now he gets to play the Jets! :overhead:

Ill put it this way.

Just curious how many players are in that league and the roster size. I play in 4 leagues. The only league he currently isn't owned in is a 12-teamer with a 14 player roster.

Ill put it this way.

Not impressed with this argument; I'm not persuaded by this to NOT pick him up.

Ballard getting 15 carries and no receptions sounds like a recipe for 5-6 points. Donald Brown only racked up 1 TD in 4 games, so Ballard's scoring chances in his first start seem slim.

I was planning on starting Brown before the injury, but the more I think about it I don't have enough confidence to start Ballard.

Ballard finished with 6.2 points in my league. It's nice to be right once in a while. :music_guitarred:

Very good rebuttal to the OP. Has me thinking now. Ballard, BPoweel, WPowell, AGreen, Starks????? ???????

Well this didn't work out so well, I hate when I buy the hype!! :wall:

This thread is hilarious. It's like those shitty boards for penny stocks on the internet, where you have all these pumpers hyping up some garbage stock that will only go down.