Sign in to follow this  
Busted by the Feds

Stafford to Megatron this year is like water torture

madden curse........jk.

it must be. stay patient. it can always get better. too much talent.

It's mostly on Stafford. He looks TERRIBLE. Every throw is a laser as he never tries to drop the pass over the top. No fun to watch terrible play like that.

madden curse........jk.

it must be. stay patient. it can always get better. too much talent.

If anyone stays patient with Stafford, make sure you do it with him on the bench. He is wildly inaccurate. Wait til he shows up to trust him again.

Stafford and CJ are the main reasons I'm 1-4 and looks like 1-5 after this week

Acree. This is Madden-ing...

It's the curse. Doesn't have to necessarily be on the player himself when he's dependent upon another player to get him the ball. Stafford's regression is hurting all the Lions' offensive skill players.

Never draft a guy on the cover. And next year...let's vote for Chris Johnson to be on the Madden Cover. Perhaps it'll be like a reverse jinx?

Stafford is absolutely horrible. He is getting out played by just about every other QB in the league. Not sure if there is really anyone worse. I can't drop for fear of him getting hot on another's team so I am stuck with this chump!

I'm so sick of this sheet. I thought my fantasy team was going to be awesome this year, with Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, Jermichael Finley, MJD, and Trent Richardson, and the complete opposite is true. I'm fed up!

The only time I enjoyed my QB spot was last week when Stafford was on bye and I started Alex Smith . Now it's back to me cringing every time he throws the ball . I can't take this every week .

Same here, man, last week I played Alex Smith not expecting much, but he played the way I expected Stafford to play each week. I almost started him again this week but most projections I saw had Stafford ranked considerably higher and I stupidly listened to them. I'm going with my gut instincts from here on, this guy is horrible. And having C Johnson as my first pick is useless when his QB blows.

MADDEN CURSE - if 2K Sports still makes football sim, I bet player on the cover will perform better.

As far as Stafford, never draft a qb who had a excellent year previously (unless its a proven player)

Let's all blame Stafford for the Lions problems. Detroit is the 3rd ranked team with dropped passes. Stafford is definitely not the same player that he was last year, but he's also not getting help when he tosses them to his guys.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Not sure about you guys... But Stafford and Mega combined for 45 points in my league. I'll take that every week.

Megatron also has a grand total of ONE touchdown on the season. ONE. Us complainers sort of wanted more of those.

:wave:

Not sure about you guys... But Stafford and Mega combined for 45 points in my league. I'll take that every week.

51 here!!

Megatron only averages 110 yards a week. I'd cut him if I were you complainers.

Yeah, don't understand all the hate for the guy in this thread. He's had one bad game yardage wise so far. If you were expecting him to average a touchdown a week you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

The Megatron owners should start a group therapy thread with the delusional McCoy owners who were expecting 20 touchdowns this year.

HTH

Megatron has not been terrible but my issue with him is the lack of TD's He is ranked after yesterday as the #15 WR in points in my league. And if Eric Decker has 17 points tonight he willdrop to 16th . That a WR2 in a 10-12 team league. Not exactly what you wanted when you drafted him mid first round. Again he is having a good year, he should have 2-3 more TD's right now which would have him at wr#4 where he belongs. He should be  up with Roddy White and Victor Cruz etc and not with James Jones and Brian Harltine in scoring.

51 here!!

51 points? Geezus. fantasy scoriong has apparently evolved into earning points for completing breaths. :rolleyes:

What do they get if they actually score TDs? 151? :lol:

51 points? Geezus. fantasy scoriong has apparently evolved into earning points for completing breaths. :rolleyes:

What do they get if they actually score TDs? 151? :lol:

back when i started playing fantasy football, players only scored a point if they started all 14 games and won the passing, rushing, or receiving title. leagues inevitably finished with 3-way ties with 1 point each, but at least we played it manly-style instead of today's effete per-game scoring.

then you kiddies started giving points for TDs in individual games. it's almost as girlie as when they let the players start wearing facemasks.

disgusting.

back when i started playing fantasy football, players only scored a point if they started all 14 games and won the passing, rushing, or receiving title. leagues inevitably finished with 3-way ties with 1 point each, but at least we played it manly-style instead of today's effete per-game scoring.

then you kiddies started giving points for TDs in individual games. it's almost as girlie as when they let the players start wearing facemasks.

disgusting.

:lol:

yes a few TD's would be nice but at least the guy is catching passes and getting yardage.

17, 17, 32, 10, 19.5 those are his 5 point totals this year. If your team is losing, you probably have other issues.

We've had 6 games without one TD pass from Stafford to Calvin. That my friends is shocking and a complete bust relative to where these guys were drafted. Calvin had 9 Stafford TD's this time last year.

I will never ignore the Madden curse again.

We've had 6 games without one TD pass from Stafford to Calvin. That my friends is shocking and a complete bust relative to where these guys were drafted. Calvin had 9 Stafford TD's this time last year.

I will never ignore the Madden curse again.

i own megatron in one league and i admit, the madden curse made me slightly nervous. but i was concerned about injury or a complete drop off in production like we are seeing with Chris Johnson.

if we are going to call Calvin a victim of the madden curse because he has thus far not lived up to his monster numbers of 2012 (the reason he made the cover in the first place), then yes, the Madden Curse will live on year after year.

Calvin beat out Cam Newton in fan voting for the cover. Cam is doing ok but is not having the same year he had last year. Is this the new 'almost madden curse'? :lol: