Sign in to follow this  
Moemoney

Hakeem Nicks

I know that Hakeem Nicks is having a down season, but I was surprised to see just how bad he's really been. Do you think that things will turn around for him, or is he garbage this year? He is very talented, but......

I think he will turn it around if Manning gets his head out of his ass. WTF is he doing out there? I have lost two weeks in a row now because he has a combined 1 point.

Maybe now that he is supposedly "95% healthy", maybe the Giants will show an actual interest in getting him involved in the offense. Other than his one catch and a couple of deep shots that weren't very close to connecting, he was a total non-factor.

Extremely frustrating player. He's been so bad and unreliable that you will never get fair value for him in any trade, but he still has WR1 upside, so you can't just drop him. This is the same player who was completely dominant - way better than Cruz - in last year's playoffs.

Right now, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Giants are coming off a string of tough matchups against the top-3 pass defenses in the league (San Fran, Dallas, Pitt in 3 of the last 4 weeks) so we'll see what happens now that he's healthy and the schedule is loosening up. The Giants don't face another top-10 pass defense for the rest of the year.

Nicks is a guy who is getting the snaps, getting the opportunities, and has the talent. The Giants offense is extremely streaky. Just stay patient, and I think most Hakeem owners will be smiling once the Giants return from their bye and get on a roll in their next three games against GB, NO, ATL.

Maybe now that he is supposedly "95% healthy", maybe the Giants will show an actual interest in getting him involved in the offense. Other than his one catch and a couple of deep shots that weren't very close to connecting, he was a total non-factor.

Extremely frustrating player. He's been so bad and unreliable that you will never get fair value for him in any trade, but he still has WR1 upside, so you can't just drop him. This is the same player who was completely dominant - way better than Cruz - in last year's playoffs.

Right now, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Giants are coming off a string of tough matchups against the top-3 pass defenses in the league (San Fran, Dallas, Pitt in 3 of the last 4 weeks) so we'll see what happens now that he's healthy and the schedule is loosening up. The Giants don't face another top-10 pass defense for the rest of the year.

Excellent analysis my friend. You obviously know your football.

The dude above cited the top 3 passing defenses Nicks has played somewhat banged up. I'm hearing he is close to 100% so I'm expecting a huge upswing from the past few weeks results.

Hey, as a side note, I traded Julio Jones to get Nicks early in the season (probably because I'm a huge Giants fan and I believe in Nicks), so I'm feeling stung more than anyone.

Hey, as a side note, I traded Julio Jones to get Nicks early in the season (probably because I'm a huge Giants fan and I believe in Nicks), so I'm feeling stung more than anyone.

that must have been a tough trade to make, espically early in the year when it looked like Julio was a top 5 WR1

in the end I bet you would rather have Julio no? :dunno:

I own nicks all over the place so I too am a fan of him and see the potential but he has been killing me!

that must have been a tough trade to make, espically early in the year when it looked like Julio was a top 5 WR1

in the end I bet you would rather have Julio no? :dunno:

I own nicks all over the place so I too am a fan of him and see the potential but he has been killing me!

Would I rather have Julio now? Two answers - yes and yes :cheers:

nicks single handily ruined my season..,you know how they say never say never ? i'll say it ...i will never draft him again...!!!

I actually just traded Kendall Wright and a next years third round pick for him in a dynasty league.

I am ok with it, because I also own Kenny Britt, so I get away from the two titan receivers and spread it out.

I think Nicks will pick it up. Agree the problem is Eli. I was high on Cruz the first few weeks but have been dissapointed of late. With Nicks getting healthy it will impact Cruz. I traded Cruz today for Megatron. Bad move. Will wait n see.

I was just offered Nicks/P Thomas for my T Young/R Bush. I'm weak at WR but strong at RB. I've been looking to move Bush and upgrade somewhere else.

Is Nicks healthy? If he is I'm all over this trade.

I think he is as healthy as he has been for awhile, but ...I am not sure that his foot & knee still dont have some impact on his production....that being said, when I look thru his gamelogs for his career....he is so cappable of monster games that I took the chance on him

I also love the fact that he has worked with the same QB in the same system for a few years...it is the bread & butter effect and not the oil & water effect, if you know what I mean :P

With Harvin down for me, now would be a wonderful time for Nicks to wake the f**k up.

+1 not to mention my depth is on bye.

I think he's a buy low, but don't do it if you're counting on him to return to WR1 form--if you can afford to take the gamble, great. If not, look for more of a sure thing.

I just traded for him. I gave up Reggie Wayne for Roethlisberger and Nicks (I had was starting Romo and still have AJ Green, A Brown and D. Moore at WR).

I was just offered Nicks/P Thomas for my T Young/R Bush. I'm weak at WR but strong at RB. I've been looking to move Bush and upgrade somewhere else.

Is Nicks healthy? If he is I'm all over this trade.

bit of a gamble since Nicks hasn't been producing but i'd pull the trigger. If you're strong at RB, bush isn't sniffing your starting lineup. He's hit or miss these days anyway, Thomas getting lots of touches. Pierre has as good a chance as going off any given week as bush does TBH...

Damaged goods this season.

Ridiculous. The same things were being said about him last year at about this time. He had a pretty strong second half and was out of his mind in the the playoffs.

bit of a gamble since Nicks hasn't been producing but i'd pull the trigger. If you're strong at RB, bush isn't sniffing your starting lineup. He's hit or miss these days anyway, Thomas getting lots of touches. Pierre has as good a chance as going off any given week as bush does TBH...

Yeah....Frenchy Thomas would be depth. I've actually been picking between CJ Spiller and R Bush every week.....for my flex spot. :o I'm solid at RB.

ETA: WAIT, HOLD THAT THOUGHT! NICKS NOT PRACTICING TODAY WITH KNEE PROBLEMS. UH OH.

held out of practice with a swelled knee...i'd like to swell his face...waste of a draft pick & a roster spot

held out of practice with a swelled knee...i'd like to swell his face...waste of a draft pick & a roster spot

Wow. Never again. Never. When I think of the receivers I could have had instead of Nicks it makes me sick.

Wow. Never again. Never. When I think of the receivers I could have had instead of Nicks it makes me sick.

Poor form for the WR Guru. :angry:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks is experiencing swelling in his knee again and will not practice this week.

Nicks had battled through pain in his surgically repaired foot and had swelling in his knee earlier in the season but appeared to be getting healthier as he wasn't on the injury report last week.

But Nicks is on the Giants' pre-practice injury report on Wednesday and coach Tom Coughlin said the receiver experienced swelling again.

"He did, so we are going to rest him today," Coughlin said.

Poor form for the WR Guru. :angry:

Yeah, tell me about it.

He fell to me at what seemed like a value price in an auction league. For exactly 1 dollar more I could have had Brandon Marshall, whom I had rated much higher anyway. For 1 dollar less, I could have had Demaryius Thomas.

this goes back to my hear it from hakeem and start with confidence philosophy. he wont disappoint. start with confidence.

Hakeem Nicks vows to play Sunday versus the Bengals after returning to practice Thursday.

"Yeah I'll play," said Nicks. "[Resting until after the bye] was never a thought, at least not on my behalf." After a little early-week "puffiness," the swelling in Nicks' knee has subsided. The receiver has been told by the medical staff that he's running better every week. Of his disappointing fantasy production of late, Nicks replied, "Stats are for girls." Nov 8 - 2:31 PM

Of his disappointing fantasy production of late, Nicks replied, "Stats are for girls." Nov 8 - 2:31 PM

Ha. I'd love to hear him use that line in his next contract negotiation and see how well that goes over. What an assclown.

Ha. I'd love to hear him use that line in his next contract negotiation and see how well that goes over. What an assclown.

action failed: you have reached your quota of negative votes for the day