Sign in to follow this  
big dog

Murray's Injury Getting Old

WTH is going on in Dallas?

Murray got hurt Week 7 and this injury seems to be getting worse. This guy was projected to be back by Week 8 or 9 and here we are with this news in Week 11: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6585/demarco-murray

"A Cowboys team source tells beat writer Clarence Hill not to "count on" DeMarco Murray (foot) for a Week 11 return against the Browns.

"Things could change, but the Cowboys want him 100 percent. Not there yet," Hill added. Murray admitted on Sunday night that he still hasn't passed all of the physical tests, but that he's "hoping" to play against Cleveland. Felix Jones amassed 93 yards on 19 touches against the Eagles and would get another start if Murray can't suit up. Nov 12 - 6:56 PM"

at this point....keep himm out till completely healthy AND in football shape which he cannot possibly be in

I will ride Felix

Glad I dropped him outright the week after his injury so he could rot on someone else's bench waiting for him to get "healthy".

I'm not speculating that he has a lis franc injury but this injury had the makings of the DMC debacle of 2011.

Glad I dropped him outright the week after his injury so he could rot on someone else's bench waiting for him to get "healthy".

I'm not speculating that he has a lis franc injury but this injury had the makings of the DMC debacle of 2011.

Nah he is showing much more than dmc as far as rehab

Problem is, he's not gonna be an every down back when he comes back. They'll probably use Felix in a RBBC on passing downs negating both of their values in the FF world.

Plus with a speed back like him that requires quick cuts on that ankle, how much burst will he have when returns?

At this point, I'm shopping him for a healthy starting RB.

Lol good luck

HEY...the Shone Greene owner is thinking about it.

Not too shabby

Maybe I should try to shop him

Even when healthy what exactl has this clown done?

141 yards against the giants and 93 yards in one half of play against BAL...with a crappy offensive line. the other 4 games he was getting hit in the backfield on about 30% of his attempts. playing from behind against top run defenses makes for poor RB performance no matter who you are.

Murray was fragile at OU, and he'll be fragile his whole NFL career. He missed most of his rookie season with an injury and he'll likely miss the rest of this season. Not sure why you guys would expect him to be a beacon of durability at this point.

My guess is that he'll be back for the Thanksgiving game against the Skins.

I don't think they'll play him against the Browns and leave the short week for him to come back and play Thursday.

Better off giving him the extra time and coming back for the National TV game against a division rival.

As an aside though, he's a guy I'll never look to draft early again...Always hurt like McFadden...Another guy I'll never pick early again.

Murray was fragile at OU, and he'll be fragile his whole NFL career. He missed most of his rookie season with an injury and he'll likely miss the rest of this season. Not sure why you guys would expect him to be a beacon of durability at this point.

i could be mistaken, but i believe he missed 4 games during his 4 year college career.

what about McFadden from THIS year? Probably a good thing he got injured. Now he can save face for this god-awful performance this season.

Nothing new out of Valley Ranch this morning. Cowboys beat reporter said Murray is still up in the air - will prolly go down to Friday before a decision is made. Murray wants to go but has yet to pass all of the tests the medical staff and coaches have put on him

i imagine he wont be cleared until thanksgiving.

I just traded Olson and Reece for Murray. I've got my playoff spot locked up and the Murray owner must win right now. I'd guess there is about a 50/50 chance he is back this year. This does look like DMC from last year but it is worth the upside if he is ready to go for week 16 against The Saints.

Murray finally practiced today. To what degree I have no idea, but I imagine he is rolling pretty well by now. Look for him to go Sunday night.

Murray finally practiced today. To what degree I have no idea, but I imagine he is rolling pretty well by now. Look for him to go Sunday night.

Lord i hope so for both the Cowboys and my Fantasy Team :headbanger:

You sound more confident than I that he's playing. I hope you're right.

You sound more confident than I that he's playing. I hope you're right.

I just need him to come back week 16 and 17, but I still hope he doesn't have any set back and start playing soon.

The only possible way I'd forgive mr. Clownshoes is if he comes back and tears it up weeks 14-16. Even then I'll probably never draft him again. Cowboys are going to have to add an impact RB this offseason b/c Felix is broken down and Murray is too unreliable.

I hope he practices this week and sits out....I will take him for playoffs.

I don't see how he can be in football shape. he will play and get a hammy or groin injury if he comes back this week

i rostered fgt felix just in case. lets keep this thread up to date up thru sunday night. i need to start the right rbs this week.

The only possible way I'd forgive mr. Clownshoes is if he comes back and tears it up weeks 14-16. Even then I'll probably never draft him again. Cowboys are going to have to add an impact RB this offseason b/c Felix is broken down and Murray is too unreliable.

The Cowboys should spend every one of their draft picks on OL in the draft, and should consider FA's also. Murray may surprise you with a solid OL.

Yea it sounds like he has been basically ready to go for a week or so now - but team officials kept him out bcoz he was not able to fully pass all of his tests. If he's cleared now I'd say he is pretty much 100% , or as close to it as a rb can be. With Jones hurt now, it makes sense we will see a big dose of Murray Sunday night.

Yea it sounds like he has been basically ready to go for a week or so now - but team officials kept him out bcoz he was not able to fully pass all of his tests. If he's cleared now I'd say he is pretty much 100% , or as close to it as a rb can be. With Jones hurt now, it makes sense we will see a big dose of Murray Sunday night.

Where are you getting your info from Cruzer? Local? National making it sound like he probably won't play.

His Injury may be 100% but he hasn't played football in over a month. He's not going to be in football shape. If I'm a Murray owner I'd be worried that he'll see limited touches.

o good he was there you say. that puts all my concerns to rest. like seven weeks of rest at this point.

heres the rest of the blurb fwiw.

DeMarco Murray (foot) was at Cowboys practice once again Thursday.

It's a good sign that Murray didn't experience any setbacks in his long-awaited return to practice Wednesday. The Cowboys will continue to evaluate his ability to push off his sprained foot and explode laterally. He remains questionable for Sunday's game against the Eagles. Nov 29 - 12:47 PM

Source: ESPN Dallas

Where are you getting your info from Cruzer? Local? National making it sound like he probably won't play.

Local sports radio stations (105.3 the fan and 1310 the ticket.) One of the beat writers, David Moore, commented on him practicing again today. Also mentioned Jones was wearing 2 knee braces.

Local sports radio stations (105.3 the fan and 1310 the ticket.) One of the beat writers, David Moore, commented on him practicing again today. Also mentioned Jones was wearing 2 knee braces.

im surprised his knees still move. seriously i didnt expect him to stay healthy for the duration of this foot injury and i didnt expect the foot injury to take so long. i hope this isnt a rush him back scenario because felix blows but idk. i really need one of them to play. preferably only one and preferably demarco. cmon new barry sanders.