Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Faith in Rodgers

I have zero confidence in Aaron Rodgers right now. He has played atrociously the past four weeks. Next week I will be sitting him for Freeman.

Hoping that he is a draft bargain next year (as compared to this one).

I need long score...this is getting dangerous. Common football gods, please give me at least 8 more points from Rodgers.

Hoping that he is a draft bargain next year (as compared to this one).

I doubt it. He's among the highest scoring players in fantasy and going to throw well over 30 Tds. Late 1st maybe but I wouldn't bet on it. Hea an olineman away from being MVP any given year.

I need long score...this is getting dangerous. Common football gods, please give me at least 8 more points from Rodgers.

Looking dicey

He and McCarthy have sucked all year.. He has had a couple of big games to make his stats look much better than he has played...

For his draft position he is a huge bust... Would be better off picking a QB off the ww week to week than play this stiff...

He and McCarthy have sucked all year.. He has had a couple of big games to make his stats look much better than he has played...

For his draft position he is a huge bust... Would be better off picking a QB off the ww week to week than play this stiff...

Exactly....yet you will hear how he is ranked "x" ...but his couple monster games put him there....on a week to week basis he was rarely a difference maker on your team like a top half fantasy pick.....and if it were not for a rushing td...holy smokes what a dud as of late 4th

Is this a bad time to point out that he's got a shaky O-line, no running game, banged up WRs, a tight end who can't catch... It's not all about the coach and the quarterback.

It's about performance. those are excuses and excuses are for losers...

Rodgers has been a huge bust, stiff this year... He does not have the worst o-line in the league..

Other QB play behind worse lines than this one yet they out perform Rodgers week after week after week

It's about performance. those are excuses and excuses are for losers...

Rodgers has been a huge bust, stiff this year... He does not have the worst o-line in the league..

Other QB play behind worse lines than this one yet they out perform Rodgers week after week after week

Your looking for the sniffling powty biiiitch smiley that isn't there. :banana: :cheers:

Is this a bad time to point out that he's got a shaky O-line, no running game, banged up WRs, a tight end who can't catch... It's not all about the coach and the quarterback.

His running game has not been better as it has last couple games....his oline isn't that bad....same te as always. He is missing one wr but cobb is probably better

I guess rodgers is so paricular he needs all stars aligned? No he is just not playing well. His throws were all over tonight and he has been shaky all year besides a couple huge games

Nelson is out, Jennings is far from 100% after missing most of the year, Finley is one of the worst players in the league, his line is one of the worst in the NFL in allowing sacks (which is saying something because Rodgers has mobility and a quick release), his backfield consists of Larry, Mo and Curly... It's just not a good situation all the way around.

Totally agree, I will be benching his sorry a%% for Weeden or Wilson

Typical stupid response

Nelson is out, Jennings is far from 100% after missing most of the year, Finley is one of the worst players in the league, his line is one of the worst in the NFL in allowing sacks (which is saying something because Rodgers has mobility and a quick release), his backfield consists of Larry, Mo and Curly... It's just not a good situation all the way around.

Ok...even if all that is 100% true....all you are doing is sticking up for a player....it doesn't change the fact his output is average outside a couple huge games.

Larry fitz is better than his stats too due to bad team play....but that doesn't change his output sucking

Rodgers definitely is not playing at the level that he was last year - and neither are his WRs who have been erratic and banged up. The OLine is worse this year, and of course any success in their running game has come at the expense of the passing game (when defenses are basically giving them the run).

I think when considering next year, you have to look at the OLine - are Sherrod and Bulaga back and healthy (their two young first round draft picks that are on IR), and also what they look like at center (Saturday is likely just a 1 year solution). Of course, whether or not Jennings is back will make a difference too.

Ok...even if all that is 100% true....all you are doing is sticking up for a player....it doesn't change the fact his output is average outside a couple huge games.

Larry fitz is better than his stats too due to bad team play....but that doesn't change his output sucking

Agreed. His numbers outside of a handful of big games has been a huge problem for fantasy teams built around him. Just pointing out that it's more of a team problem with Green Bay this year, particularly with WR and O-line injuries. Rodgers is still Rodgers.

My frustration level with this pig has reached an unbearable level over the last 4 weeks. Overall, he has been sub 300 yds passing in 6 STRAIGHT games. That was previously thought to be impossible. They are just running the shite out of the ball at this point. 14 of 24 attempts? Are you kidding me?

I have no choice but to take a shot with Freeman at New Orleans in the playoffs next week. Maybe I can "jump start" Rodgers by benching him. Alas, my players always do better on my bench. But, at Chicago and with the way the pig has been all year, especially lately, I cannot start him.

My frustration level with this pig has reached an unbearable level over the last 4 weeks. Overall, he has been sub 300 yds passing in 6 STRAIGHT games. That was previously thought to be impossible. They are just running the shite out of the ball at this point. 14 of 24 attempts? Are you kidding me?

I have no choice but to take a shot with Freeman at New Orleans in the playoffs next week. Maybe I can "jump start" Rodgers by benching him. Alas, my players always do better on my bench. But, at Chicago and with the way the pig has been all year, especially lately, I cannot start him.

Start him against Chicago. Seriously. Chicago's defense is worn down and injury-ridden right now. Plus, division game for the division leader, its going to be a huge game for him. 30-350-3 prediction. And I hate GB

Start him against Chicago. Seriously. Chicago's defense is worn down and injury-ridden right now. Plus, division game for the division leader, its going to be a huge game for him. 30-350-3 prediction. And I hate GB

I don't think Pigboy Rodgers has that kind of game in him at this point. I've got Cobb too and will start him next week, but I cannot start Rodgers. He did nothing against Chicago earlier this year, and has done nothing for a month now. If Rodgers explodes, maybe I'll still get some of that with Cobb. But, Rodgers must be benched: It is a "moral imperative". I'd throw my computer out the window if I played him and he stunk it up again and Freeman had a big game at New Orleans.

I'm torn between Rodgers or Kaepernick this week.

Super glad I didn't draft him. If I had a realistic choice of starting a RB I got off the WW for Foster, I'd be punching holes in walls.

I believe the only people that are defending right now are the ones who dont own him. Cause if you did own him you would know our frustrations. I am benching him this week in favor of Freeman who outproduced Rodgers yesterday. He has been constantly outproduced by QBs especially the past 4 weeks. Ill take my chances with Freeman against NO than Rodgers against Chi. GB has suddenly turned into more of a running team the past couple of weeks. Min beat Chi on the ground not through the air. And GB has no AP so therefore they will definitely play the pass. TB has both ground and air attack plus little dump offs to Martin that will help Freemans stats. Sorry but at this point you can no longer defend Rodgers logically.

I believe the only people that are defending right now are the ones who dont own him. Cause if you did own him you would know our frustrations. I am benching him this week in favor of Freeman who outproduced Rodgers yesterday. He has been constantly outproduced by QBs especially the past 4 weeks. Ill take my chances with Freeman against NO than Rodgers against Chi. GB has suddenly turned into more of a running team the past couple of weeks. Min beat Chi on the ground not through the air. And GB has no AP so therefore they will definitely play the pass. TB has both ground and air attack plus little dump offs to Martin that will help Freemans stats. Sorry but at this point you can no longer defend Rodgers logically.

I think I'll be benching him for Romo this week. Can't believe I traded for this turd. What a waste.

if i somehow pull out a first round win despite rodgers performance (i am down by 3 with the Texans K tonight - but in a league where missed FGs result in negative points)... i have to strongly consider benching rodgers for Kaepernick next week.

of course the problem is that if rodgers bounces back next week and i lose b/c of that decision - i have to spend the entire offseason kicking myself for that decision and benching my stud.

man oh man... tough call

Besdies the facts that he is still a top three/four QB in every league. And yes I am an owner and will be again next year.

Besdies the facts that he is still a top three/four QB in every league. And yes I am an owner and will be again next year.

Brees has been shitting the bet for a few weeks now. RG3 got injured and has only been decent. I guess there is Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman right now, but they've had their bad games too. It's fantasy, it's just luck anyway. Cam Newton has been in beast mode the past few weeks and will probably win championships for his owners this year, if they made the playoffs.

Don't know how you can think he is performing as a top 3-4 QB in any league. I own him and he is being out scored just about every week by the opposing QB...

I traded for him in one league and I am so pissed off that my problem at QB is now worse than it was before...

He is consistent, consistently mediocre... You can make all the excuses for him you can or want the truth is the guys is middle of the pack QB this year...

You can play any one of 15-20 other QB's and they will out perform him...

That's the bottom line

Don't know how you can think he is performing as a top 3-4 QB in any league. I own him and he is being out scored just about every week by the opposing QB...

I traded for him in one league and I am so pissed off that my problem at QB is now worse than it was before...

He is consistent, consistently mediocre... You can make all the excuses for him you can or want the truth is the guys is middle of the pack QB this year...

You can play any one of 15-20 other QB's and they will out perform him...

That's the bottom line

In my preformance league, 2nd highest scoring QB. In my standard league, (6pt TD's and 1pt for 20yds passing), he is currently 4th and will be fifth after tonight's game. So I don't know how I can think he is performing as a top 3-4 QB in any league? By looking at the points.

I did not have faith in Rodgers to lay an egg last night because I was going up against his owner in the playoffs and it came down to the wire. Thankfully Rodgers rewarded me greatly by being as close to a turd as possible last night and handing me the h2h W! Thank you Aaron.

In my preformance league, 2nd highest scoring QB. In my standard league, (6pt TD's and 1pt for 20yds passing), he is currently 4th and will be fifth after tonight's game. So I don't know how I can think he is performing as a top 3-4 QB in any league? By looking at the points.

4pt TDs and 1 pt for 20 yards in my league. Here are the results of him the last 4 weeks: 13, 14, 10, 15

Sorry but those are NOT elite QB numbers. He has been constantly outscored by every QB ive played against and a majority of the QBs in FF. Sorry that youre still trying to defend him but sometimes you gotta know when to take the hit.

4pt TDs and 1 pt for 20 yards in my league. Here are the results of him the last 4 weeks: 13, 14, 10, 15

Sorry but those are NOT elite QB numbers. He has been constantly outscored by every QB ive played against and a majority of the QBs in FF. Sorry that youre still trying to defend him but sometimes you gotta know when to take the hit.

So in your league he is not top four, so that means he is not elite in ANY league then I understand your sour grapes, but making blanket statements that turn out to not be true makes me wonder less why you got bounced from your playoffs. Unlke you, I didn't draft Rodgers to be the one player to care my team, I balanced out my roster.

4pt TDs and 1 pt for 20 yards in my league

- current rank 4th

- 1.06 pts / game more than 9th ranked QB

- 2 pts / game more than 12th ranked QB

In other words, he is nothing special in fantasy output I don't care how many excuses a fan of the guy makes.

I am just glad I traded him away after week 2 to upgrade my RBs (LOL and in the trade the guy gave me Peyton in the deal after his only bad game of year). I could tell right away Arod was gonna struggle this year, that entire offense is out of sink on every play. Of course I got ripped on here for claiming this.

If you look at total season numbers he is top 5 or 6. Look at weekly scoring and get back to me.

To say he is elite would mean he would put up in one league I am in at least 20 points. 4 pt. td's, 1 pt. per 25 yards...

He has broken 20 points 6 times, he has scored less than 20 points 7 times.

5 of the last 6 games have been under 20 points... Those are awful, awful numbers for where he was drafted and what people think of him...

Another league I am in with him 6 pt. td's, 1 pt. per 25 yards, bonus for 300, 400, 500 yards passing...

He is fifth in points but he is so inconsistent it's pathetic...

In my mind a stud is someone that is consistent. He is not and he has been serviceable this year...

Like I said he had 2 or 3 ridiculous games to make his stats look better than he has been...

If I can pick someone off the ww that performs the same as him week to week and win then Rodgers sucks!!!

I have won a title streaming QB's week to week before and this is the first year that I drafted a QB in the first round...

I did it as in my spot there were too many question marks on the RB/WR available and thought Rodgers was the safest pick...

If that happens again I will trade my focking pick down...

In the last 4 weeks in my league, he has been outscored in head to head matchups by Rivers, Palmer, Ryan, and Stafford. He's thrown 4 TDs and 3 ints in those 4 games. He's only broken 300yds 4 times all year. Think about that, 4 times all year. These are not the numbers of someone that was drafted in the mid 1st round (or higher).

So in your league he is not top four, so that means he is not elite in ANY league then I understand your sour grapes, but making blanket statements that turn out to not be true makes me wonder less why you got bounced from your playoffs. Unlke you, I didn't draft Rodgers to be the one player to care my team, I balanced out my roster.

Lol buddy im sure if he isnt top in mine then he isnt top in anyone elses. Like one of the previous posters said looking at his season stats yea he still looks OK. Looking at his game to game stats that would be a big fat NO. Like a poster above me said over half his games have been less than 20 points. He hasnt had a 300 passing game in over 5 weeks. Im sorry but numbers dont lie. There are plenty of QBs outscoring him right now.