Sign in to follow this  
BLS

ANOTHER shooting today

BTW - for the gun owners, why do we need to have assault rifles owned by the general public?

In case Obama declares himself King and the Government tries to put us all in chains. Then we can all have assault rifles and kill the US Armed Services trying to put us in concentration camps.

In case Obama declares himself King and the Government tries to put us all in chains. Then we can all have assault rifles and kill the US Armed Services trying to put us in concentration camps.

Yeah, but wouldn't we all just be able to go to Walmart and get some fertilizer to make bombs for that sort of thing? :dunno:

There is no legitimate need to posses a weapon like taht Bushmaster, or an AK-47 or anything of the sort. We can dance around it, but there is no reason.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

- Ronald Reagan

There is no legitimate need to posses a weapon like taht Bushmaster, or an AK-47 or anything of the sort. We can dance around it, but there is no reason.

agreed :thumbsup:

ABC News reported that during the Black Friday sales last month, Americans bought a record number of guns, with the FBI conducting background checks on 154,000 purchases of firearms.

For the month of November, the number surged to 2 million inquiries.

Lawrence Keane, vice president of gun industry group National Shooting Sports Foundation, told CNN Money in November that modern sporting rifles, a term that he prefers to assault weapons, are “the most popular type of rifles being bought today by Americans.”

<_<

:thumbsdown:

Except that one could do the same thing, and maybe have even more fun, using a benlli M2 or Remington Versa Max. Hell, a Mossberg 500 would likely work too....not buying that you can only do that kind of play with an assault weapon.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

- Ronald Reagan

:thumbsup:

Except that one could do the same thing, and maybe have even more fun, using a benlli M2 or Remington Versa Max. Hell, a Mossberg 500 would likely work too....not buying that you can only do that kind of play with an assault weapon.

Apparently you are clueless as to the range of a shotgun.

There is no legitmate reason for us NOT to own them.

Hog hunting with a shotgun? RLLD, you claim you're a former Marine (and I believe you), but you suggest a shotgun is capable of replacing an AR15?

Ruins your credibility. A shotgun round isn't going to have nearly the muzzle velocity of a 55 grain 5.56 round.

Frankly, I'm surprised at your posts in this thread.

Why does any civilian need an automatic assault weapon?

Hog hunting with a shotgun? RLLD, you claim you're a former Marine (and I believe you), but you suggest a shotgun is capable of replacing an AR15?

Ruins your credibility. A shotgun round isn't going to have nearly the muzzle velocity of a 55 grain 5.56 round.

Frankly, I'm surprised at your posts in this thread.

First of all, the AR15 round does not have the stopping and ripping power of an AK-47, what you have to recognize is that the 5.56 round does not have the brute force you are attempting to describe, the value of that round lies in what is called a tumble effect. The value of the AR-15/M16 was supposed to be accuracy and flexibility in weight and a balance between that and power.

You need to read up on your weaponry, there is no reason to NOT use a shotgun, unless you can't shoot for ######.

- Ronald Reagan

I read that post and agree. Except it's not the gun owners losing their freedoms to own the exact type of gun they'd like that I worry about. It's my freedom to drop my child off at school and not have to be on the lookout for someone with an AK-47.

You need to read up on your weaponry, there is no reason to NOT use a shotgun, unless you can't shoot for ######.

How about the effective range of a shotgun being about 40 yards, Rambo?

How about the effective range of a shotgun being about 40 yards, Rambo?

What do you fear? if you are a big bad hunter, get your shotgun and hit what you can. Sure, I could hit a man-sized target with an Ar15 at 800yds, and likely do a fair job at 900 or 1000 too. But if you are hunting, even in the way the video posted above depicts, I would be more impressed if you did it with a shotgun. But if you aren't good enough, then maybe you need something easier to fire.... I know "I" can hit deer at 80yds with a Mossberg

First of all, the AR15 round does not have the stopping and ripping power of an AK-47, what you have to recognize is that the 5.56 round does not have the brute force you are attempting to describe, the value of that round lies in what is called a tumble effect. The value of the AR-15/M16 was supposed to be accuracy and flexibility in weight and a balance between that and power.

First off, the AK 47 was NEVER mentioned in my post. Try to stay with me.

2nd, the 55/62 grain 5.56 projectile travels at a much higher velocity than the 7.62x39 round. And although it has a higher muzzle velocity it transfers more of it's kinetic energy into the target because of the lightweight round.

The 7.62x39 round is known for over penetrating because of the heavy round and is typically manufactured with a steel core. It often was LESS lethal than the 5.56 round because it actually provided a significant reduction in the wound cavity due to its inability to transfer its kinetic energy into the target, and instead, simply overpenetrated.

I'm also well aware of the tumbling or 'keyholing' effect of the 5.56 projectile. That's one of the primary reasons the AK74 was created.

I'm very well read on ballistics and firearms. I'd suggest you might want to brush up yourself.

Would a shotgun suffice for hunting hogs from a helicopter (the scope of this little argument we are having)? I hope you're good at tactical reloading because I suspect you'll be missing a lot.

And I can guarantee you I'm not a shitty shot. I'm sure you're better and more educated and precision/distance shooting and are more capable of doping your shot than I, but it doesn't make me a bad shooter.

What do you fear? if you are a big bad hunter, get your shotgun and hit what you can. Sure, I could hit a man-sized target with an Ar15 at 800yds, and likely do a fair job at 900 or 1000 too. But if you are hunting, even in the way the video posted above depicts, I would be more impressed if you did it with a shotgun. But if you aren't good enough, then maybe you need something easier to fire.... I know "I" can hit deer at 80yds with a Mossberg

:rolleyes:

Wow...I'm impressed.

Try it from a moving helicopter with your target running at full speed and then I'll be impressed.

I've shot a buck in a full on sprint at 300 yards with a 30-30 lever action. Can I do it everytime? Nope. Because it's not easy.

I'll miss more than I can make that shot, but let's see you try it with your Mossberg 500.

There's validity to my point and you know it. Regardless, it has really no bearing on the discussion. Why should I own an AR15?

Because I can.

Nothing. Just pointing out your claim there is no legit use for an AR 15 is yaksqueeze.......and that you are clueless as to the range of a shotgun.

All the news around New Hampshire is that Lanza was born here and has a bunch of family. I doing play by play today on a high school basketball game and my partner wanted to discuss it during our live broadcast. I'm sorry but I'm just effing worn out with the story. No way and I sitting in front of a camera talking about Lanza. If anyone is going to be discussed it going to be the kids who died in there. No more air time for the shooter. Fvcking copycats get hard ons over this.

figures, NH people are whack

Your reasons for wanting those firearms are selfish and not for the good of society.

Your reasons for wanting those firearms are selfish and not for the good of society.

Your opinion isn't a legitimate reason to curtail the Second Amendment rights of Americans.

I'm sure your every purchase is "for the good of society". :rolleyes:

Your opinion isn't a legitimate reason to curtail the Second Amendment rights of Americans.

I'm sure your every purchase is "for the good of society". :rolleyes:

The 2nd Amendment can still be fulfilled as long as one type of gun is available. No other types of guns have to be legal. We just have to change the laws.

Are you saying that citizens should be allowed the right to bear (have) all forms and variations of arms? Automatic weapons, rocket launchers, rpg's, grenades, nuclear devices?

Because unless you do then the Supreme Court has already curtailed your rights.

The constitution and our 'rights' is a framework. An important framework that should be followed and closely guarded. With that said its not a cut and dry, black and white docuement. As time goes on and the world changes (innovation) we as a society (Supreme Court) must try and work through the grey areas as best we can with common sense to adhere to the Constitution while also understanding it doesn't cover every situation now and will not in the unknown future.

As of today the reason the courts have not deemed that banning rocket launchers (et al) Unconstitutional is due to those weapons are not in "standard and common use" by citizens. A federal ban on most handguns/hunting rifles/shotguns would never pass the Supreme Court. However semi-automatic rifles, assault weapons, AR-15's etc. is another story. They could indeed fall under the "not a standard and common use weapon" just like the other weapons that are made for mass (and fast) destruction.

Nothing. Just pointing out your claim there is no legit use for an AR 15 is yaksqueeze.......and that you are clueless as to the range of a shotgun.

Not only is my claim legitimate, but your assertion that one can not hit a target at 80 yards with a shotgun has no basis in reality. A good marksman can do just that, a substandard one of course might need to get closer.

The writers of the Constitution were also against allowing women and minorities to vote and in favor of slavery almost across the board, so can I take it that some of you are pissed off that we changed the Constitution to circumvent that as well?

The writers of the Constitution were also against allowing women and minorities to vote and in favor of slavery almost across the board, so can I take it that some of you are pissed off that we changed the Constitution to circumvent that as well?

As was the case in all of the examples you listed, "The Constitution says...." is just a last resort excuse people use when their argument is out of bullets and they have no rational points to make.

Not only is my claim legitimate, but your assertion that one can not hit a target at 80 yards with a shotgun has no basis in reality. A good marksman can do just that, a substandard one of course might need to get closer.

Never said anything about not being able to hit a target at 80 yards.

I guess "effective range" confuses you.

Women being allowed to vote has ruined this country. Talk about a terrible idea. Sheesh.

Feel free to start a movement to amend the Constitution to ban semi-automatic weapons.

Good luck to you.

I'm scanning all these "Tough Guy" gun posts and just shaking my head. You guys are so manly, I'm really impressed. Like Super-Duper impressed.

While you guys are shooting these little animals with your big guns. Or out motoring around in your sweet muscle cars with your receding hairlines and beer bellys. Be aware that guys like me are at your home nailing your chicks.

:wave: See ya phags

I'm scanning all these "Tough Guy" gun posts and just shaking my head. You guys are so manly, I'm really impressed. Like Super-Duper impressed.

While you guys are shooting these little animals with your big guns. Or out motoring around in your sweet muscle cars with your receding hairlines and beer bellys. Be aware that guys like me are at your home nailing your chicks.

Not for long. We'll just shoot your pansy ass. :wave:

I missed all the tough guy gun posts, Wayfarer Boy.

I see people standing up for the 2nd Amendment, but I have yet to see someone claim to be "manly" because of it.

Not for long. We'll just shoot your pansy ass. :wave:

My post wasn't meant for you.

I have never, ever banged one of your cats.

But I do like a sandpaper-tongued blowie every now and then.

:overhead:

I missed all the tough guy gun posts, Wayfarer Boy.

I see people standing up for the 2nd Amendment, but I have yet to see someone claim to be "manly" because of it.

What color Iroc do you drive baldy?

:wave:

My post wasn't meant for you.

I have never, ever banged one of your cats.

But I do like a sandpaper-tongued blowie every now and then.

:overhead:

My kats aren't much in the licking dept. :thumbsdown:

I am one of those 'manly' gun lovers, tho. I could prolly shoot a human before a Bambi, so I guess I'm a bit of a poosay in that respect, but I do really enjoy my time out at the gun range. :thumbsup:

You know who you really have to feel badly for?

The poor girl working the "Returns" booth at "Toys R Us". :unsure: