Sign in to follow this  
Birk

Week 16 Defense Play

Are the Colts worth a shot against the Chiefs?

Also maybe the Packers vs Titans?

Unfortunately i was unable to grab the Chargers last week for week 16.

I like Packers, panthers don't think I can trust colts after what I saw with lions "start of week" debacle. Denver probably not available but nice play vs Cleveland also. Jets sneaky play vs chargers as well

Cardinals vs. 28th ranked bears offense isnt a bad choice. Not to mention the game they just had against the Lions.

Redskins vs. Philly. One team fighting for a playoff, another team playing for the first overall pick. The Iggles are a turnover machine.

Going with the Skins myself for that reason only...

I currently have the Jets.

Should i switch for one of these (Zona/Car)?

Zona vs Bears

Carolina vs Raiders

I have Buffalo vs. Miami but just don't trust them so I put in waiver requests for Carolina & Washington. Think my chances are better with one of them. I favor Carolina over playing the Redskins defense against Philly at home but they're on a hot streak & when all players are amped up anything can happen. They're essentially playing for NFC East title & gettin' in the playoffs. If RG3 plays & they get up big early the D will play mainly prevent. Still I think Carolina or Washington are decent matchups plays.

Green Bay @ home vs a Tenn team that has to travel to the cold, and play on a short week.

2nd choice would be Carolina @ home against Oakland traveling to the east coast. Palmer is always good for a few turnovers.

Don't like SD...travel to play in the cold and the Jets rookie is playing for the starter spot for next yr...I think the "team" might rally around him.

Don't like Indy @ KC...KC just doesn't throw the ball enough and Indy has not played well defensively on the road...either has Luck for that matter.

I currently have the Jets.

Should i switch for one of these (Zona/Car)?

Zona vs Bears

Carolina vs Raiders

Same boat....I'm currently leaning Arizona but have the jets in case I change my mind. I keep having San Diego's performance vs Pittsburgh in my head...ugg

Im blocking the guy im playing in the SB, and currently have Packers,Jets, and Skins..im probably going to roll with the packers

Im blocking the guy im playing in the SB, and currently have Packers,Jets, and Skins..im probably going to roll with the packers

LOL.

He may pickup Indy.

Same boat....I'm currently leaning Arizona but have the jets in case I change my mind. I keep having San Diego's performance vs Pittsburgh in my head...ugg

I want Zona too but I'm starting B.Marshall of the Bears. Not sure if I should do that or not.

I have NE in both my Fantasy Bowls but GB at home vs Tenn is looking mighty tempting.............

I have both New England and the Packers, not sure who to go with. Glad I didn't buy the Lions hype last week and went with the Bengals, otherwise I would be playing for third place.

I have Seattle and am so confident green bay defense will demolish Tennessee I'm sitting Seattle. Am I crazy??

I have the seattle defense as well, im considering sitting them. If Shurman gets banned this friday, ill pick up either carolina or indy's d. The 49ers will roll on the hawks D without there starting CB's, plus trufant is nursing a hamstring injury

I have the seattle defense as well, im considering sitting them. If Shurman gets banned this friday, ill pick up either carolina or indy's d. The 49ers will roll on the hawks D without there starting CB's, plus trufant is nursing a hamstring injury

My opponent has the TEXANS defense starting against Minn, dumb play with the AP hype? Or is that a good start? Im grabbing all good matchups so he is stuck with nothing better, but im trying to avoid him from getting over 10pts on defense. thoughts

Why is nobody playing the pats? They are playing the jags right?

Starting Pats over San Diego. In my other league starting Packers over Jets.

I picked up and am now starting Washington. The Cards were another option but I still don't trust them. The Lions took last week off.

Seems that Chicago has taken the last month & a half off as well. Contemplating starting Arizona over Cincy & SF. Arizona's defense is tough at home not to mention Chicago's offensive line is a joke.

Why is nobody playing the pats? They are playing the jags right?

PATs defense SUCKS right-now...

As Buford T. Justice once said "Those sum-bitches couldn't close an umbrella"

"The god-damned Germans got nothin' ta do wit-it"

Love Brady and the Pats but that D is the suck!

Green Bay!!

FF scoring rank the last 3 weeks for some of the defenses being discussed as potential starts in week 16:

Rank/Team/Last 3 Opponents

#4: SD (CIN, PIT, CAR)

#5: CIN (SD, DAL, PHI)

#16: IND (DET, TEN, HOU)

#18: NYJ (AZ, JAX, TEN - not too impressive of numbers vs. AZ or JAX)

#21: ATL (NO, CAR, NYG)

#23: MIA (NE, SF, Jax - low output vs. Jax)

#29: WAS (NYG, BAL, CLE - moderate output vs. CLE)

Source: http://www.fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2012&GameWeek=Last3&PosID=99&LeagueID=1

This is the way I look at it, if you have Pats, Broncos, Bears, maybe Houston those are good solid plays. Wash hasnt been that great and I know they get Philly but that's not a slam dunk, SD going to the East coast and they've basically given up doesnt seem like a strong play either. Indy even though Quinn is back in are on the road in a very tough environment and theyve been avg at best even against bad offenses. The Jets ok maybe since theyre at home and Rivers can be a turnover machine, Panthers maybe at home against another turnover prone QB and theyve actually been playing pretty solid D in real football just not great in ff. My two favs and they havent got alot of love is Miami at home against the Bills a team thats given up double digit points to D's 3 of the last 4 weeks and AZ at home against a reeling Bears offense that has also given up double digit points in three of their last 5 games, those last two stats to me are most important. AZ is the play im going with, Cutler is turning the ball over now, Peterson will be locked on Marshall and he can also break one at anytime. I like the Cards to get maybe 4-5 sacks against a terrible o line and maybe a fumble or pick or two. TDs are always a crapshoot but I think the cards/bears game also has the lowest projection for over under. Best of luck to all of us. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

So are we thinking that SD is a good play? Everyone says risky, but they have a great matchup and are #4 in the last few weeks. Would we play them over a potential top 5 D like SF or SEA? I have SEA, and trust them, but the big number the 49ers put up on the pats last week scares me. I do, though, think that the SEA SF matchup will be a low scoring slugfest.

This is the way I look at it, if you have Pats, Broncos, Bears, maybe Houston those are good solid plays. Wash hasnt been that great and I know they get Philly but that's not a slam dunk, SD going to the East coast and they've basically given up doesnt seem like a strong play either. Indy even though Quinn is back in are on the road in a very tough environment and theyve been avg at best even against bad offenses. The Jets ok maybe since theyre at home and Rivers can be a turnover machine, Panthers maybe at home against another turnover prone QB and theyve actually been playing pretty solid D in real football just not great in ff. My two favs and they havent got alot of love is Miami at home against the Bills a team thats given up double digit points to D's 3 of the last 4 weeks and AZ at home against a reeling Bears offense that has also given up double digit points in three of their last 5 games, those last two stats to me are most important. AZ is the play im going with, Cutler is turning the ball over now, Peterson will be locked on Marshall and he can also break one at anytime. I like the Cards to get maybe 4-5 sacks against a terrible o line and maybe a fumble or pick or two. TDs are always a crapshoot but I think the cards/bears game also has the lowest projection for over under. Best of luck to all of us. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Miami hasn't been that great last few weeks. Did hold JAX to a low score but otherwise not generating a lot of TO's, etc. And Buffalo has Spiller and S. Johnson. I could see MIA putting up a pretty pedestrian score this week even at home. The Dolphins are still alive mathematically for the playoffs, though, so having something to play for might help. Basically I see MIA in the same light as IND and WASH -- good matchups but a suspect D. Don't get me wrong, I think that MIA is a little more potent than WASH or IND as far as FF D's go but in my leagues the Dolphins FF D is just a middle-of-the-road scorer.