Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Wild Card Weekend...who you like?

Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans - 4:30 p.m. Sat.

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers - 8 p.m. Sat.

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m. Sun.

Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins - 4:30 p.m.

I like the underdog in every one of these games. Houston is pretending, Minnesota has AP on a roll, Baltimore is a shell of their former selves, and the RGIII storyline is too good to end in the first round.

Home teams sweep.

Not.

Houston has been stinking it up realy bad lately and they are from Houston. Cincy

Minny will knock Rogers out of the game in the first quarter and ADP2K will pin another 200 on that shitty D. Minny

Luck will run out for pocolts and his team will be eliminated, but what a turn around. Baltimore

Seattle's D is too much for RGIII. Seattle in a low scoring affair.

As a Packers fan I'm not thrilled with losing the last game to the team you are about to play. Viking have ran all over them twice this years. They just beat them (at home though) so they have enough confidence to win it. It is a division game. Packers are the worst tackling team in the league each year. Iffy running game. Bad O-Line. (this is all why Rodgers should be the MVP) but I don't like the spot they are in, even though my bookie and friends seem to think I am worrying too much and home field is some world of difference. Packers aren't equipped for their own home field in January. Who is going to want to tackle AP in 25 degree weather? 34-31 Packers

I have sort of changed my mind about Indy beating Baltimore. Luck will keep them in it. But that stadium will be rocking with announcement of Ray's last game there. Flacco is never a sure thing, but they have more than Indy does. I can't pick any rookie in their first playoff game against Ray Lewis and those guys, even if they aren't the defense they usually are. 24-17 Ravens

Texans are the better team. But they are overrated each year. They are better on paper, but Cincy has a real solid defense and AJ Green. I like Cincy with the points but Houston hold on. 23-20

Seattle is the better team. But they are way different away than at home. Seattle just has an elite defense right now. RG3 and Morris are effective, but they aren't some elite offense putting up 30 a game. Russell Wilson has played well enough to win this game.

28-20 Seattle

Texans

GBP

Colts

Skins

Seattle is the better team. But they are way different away than at home. Seattle just has an elite defense right now. RG3 and Morris are effective, but they aren't some elite offense putting up 30 a game. Russell Wilson has played well enough to win this game.

28-20 Seattle

Skins averaging 27.3 (4th in the NFL), and 30 a game during their 7 game win streak. Skins better run defense 96 to 103. Seattle gives up way less through the air, but methinks this game will be decided on the ground. Seattle 1-5 in last 6 road games (including losses to Miami, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona). Playing at home makes it 23-14 Skins.

Green Bay 27-14

Balt 31-14

Houston 35-17.

Could be double digit wins for the home teams.

New York Giants

I LIKE the Bengals but think that the Texans will win.

I LIKE the Vikings but believe the Packers will win.

I LIKE the Colts but believe the Ravens will win.

I HATE the Redskins and hope the Seahawks murder them!!! :P

Skins averaging 27.3 (4th in the NFL), and 30 a game during their 7 game win streak. Skins better run defense 96 to 103. Seattle gives up way less through the air, but methinks this game will be decided on the ground. Seattle 1-5 in last 6 road games (including losses to Miami, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona). Playing at home makes it 23-14 Skins.

I can assure you that Seattle is not 1-5 in last 6 road games. This season, they went 0-2 to start the road schedule, and went 3-3 the rest of the way, wining at Carolina, Chicago and Toronto (vs Buffalo). They didn't lose any road game by more than 7 points and every loss was decided in the final minutes of the game.

Also, don't forget to factor in Seattle ranked #4 in defense, #1 in scoring defense, and by combined metrics has a top 5 special teams while Washington is in the bottom five among special teams. While Washington's Alfred Morris barely overtook Lynch for the #2 runner in the league just this past weekend, on a rushing yards per game basis, Washington was #1 to Seattle's #3, and on a yards per rush basis, Washington was #2 to Seattle's #5. The rushing games are a wash. As for rushing defense, Seattle gave up on average 8 yards per game more than Washington, on a rush per yards average 4.5 to Wash 4.2. The difference there is minor too.

Interesting to note is that Seattle enters the playoffs with the most impressive resume factoring in the quality of opponents. Considering teams they beat and their winning percentage, Seattle ranked #1 in wins over tough opponents.

I can assure you that Seattle is not 1-5 in last 6 road games. This season, they went 0-2 to start the road schedule, and went 3-3 the rest of the way, wining at Carolina, Chicago and Toronto (vs Buffalo). They didn't lose any road game by more than 7 points and every loss was decided in the final minutes of the game.

My mistake, they STARTED 1-5 on the road with those losses to teams mentioned. They ended on a 2 game road winning streak. They had no road wins vs playoff teams.

Seattle's defense certainly led the way. They scored 150 points in 3 games where Wilson averaged 170 yards passing and Lynch averaged 117 rushing. Sort of anomalous if you ask me.

In any event, as long as I have been playing the first round of the playoffs there has to be an extremely compelling reason to go against the home team. Seattle does not provide one IMO. It's a shame they meet in the 1st round.

1357229368[/url]' post='4939515']

Not.

Houston has been stinking it up realy bad lately and they are from Houston. Cincy

Good pick.

I LIKE the Bengals but think that the Texans will win.

I LIKE the Vikings but believe the Packers will win.

I LIKE the Colts but believe the Ravens will win.

I HATE the Redskins and hope the Seahawks murder them!!! :P

Bingo! :headbanger:

Home teams sweep.

Meh, I missed on one game I guess. Shame RGIII was not healthy, would of been a different game - but that is part of the game. As far as the others, wasn't buying into the dog-hype - hardly ever lives up to it.

That being said - I think Seattle thumps Atlanta.

Meh, I missed on one game I guess. Shame RGIII was not healthy, would of been a different game - but that is part of the game. As far as the others, wasn't buying into the dog-hype - hardly ever lives up to it.

I felt the same way. The coaching for the Skins yesterday was mystifying. Did everything right for 2 drives and nothing right after. Including keeping RGIII in the game when Helen Keller would have known that he was in no shape to continue.

I like the underdog in every one of these games. Houston is pretending, Minnesota has AP on a roll, Baltimore is a shell of their former selves, and the RGIII storyline is too good to end in the first round.

Never mind.

:unsure:

Never mind.

:unsure:

:lol:

RGIII injury was good for me. Had 4-4 as final on box at bar.

$700 to me. :cheers:

Who ya got next week?

:lol: :lol: