Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Lance Armstrong is considering admitting

Update?

Did I miss the presser?

They did mention it on PTI on ESPN that he was considering admitting, but that is all they said, reall weird. Like someone said in the thread, how'd the conversation go,

Lance:"What you guys feel about me admitting now, just putting out feelers..."

:doh:

They did mention it on PTI on ESPN that he was considering admitting, but that is all they said, reall weird. Like someone said in the thread, how'd the conversation go,

Lance:"What you guys feel about me admitting now, just putting out feelers..."

:doh:

I thought he was cosidering it so that he could compete in athletic events sanctioned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and the World Anti-Doping Agency. Maybe they are negotiating or the maybe the anonymous source was full of ######.

I thought he was cosidering it so that he could compete in athletic events sanctioned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and the World Anti-Doping Agency. Maybe they are negotiating or the maybe the anonymous source was full of ######.

Lance's first tweet in a while a retweet, something to the effect from OPRAH,'looking forward to interview with Lance Armstrong.'

:music_guitarred:

One reason I was always skeptical of Lance was because for a long time during his reign, his response to doping allegations was, "I have never tested positive." Not a flat out denial, finally I think Oprah asked him directly and he finally denied it. :dunno:

Today:

First tweet from Lance A. in a while, cept for a local Austin political issue, a retweet from OPRAH,"Looking foward to interview with Lance A" , not quoted exactly.

:music_guitarred: .

He always had this presentation of a nice guy who was humbled by the attention etc etc, but the more we learn, the more I feel like he is kind of a snake.... :unsure:

He always had this presentation of a nice guy who was humbled by the attention etc etc, but the more we learn, the more I feel like he is kind of a snake.... :unsure:

Just saw an excerpt from 60 Minutes sports where a dude is claiming "threats" from Armstrong. He seemed disingenuous and said stuff about emails and donations and stuff. The interviewer asked something like, "What could Lance do as threats?", guy replies, "Incenerate (sp?) you." I mean what, he going to burn you?, beat you up?, kill you? he said he got emails, texts, etc... let's see em. Really, he was doing that to everyone and everyone was scared and no one wanted to speak up? Now I could see him kicking people off his team, whatever, but my feeling is those that are exposing him now went right along with it at the time knowing that was their best bet. Medstudent said he read the report, I haven't. Will be interested in what Lance has to say, I would say the truth in what comes out is somewhere between what Lance says and what these other people say.

The 60 minutes sports interview is on Showtime tonight at 9 central, maybe 9 all time zones, not sure how that works. I have it set on DVR. Oprah is "next week".

Lance's first tweet in a while a retweet, something to the effect from OPRAH,'looking forward to interview with Lance Armstrong.'

Cool.

We are sure to get an update as soon as this happens cuz CH DVRs the Oprah channel. :thumbsup:

Lance still hasn't failed a single drug test, so I'll need more proof than this. He is clearly being intimidated into telling people what they

want to hear. Under duress, people will admit to anything even if they are innocent.

Lance still hasn't failed a single drug test, so I'll need more proof than this. He is clearly being intimidated into telling people what they

want to hear. Under duress, people will admit to anything even if they are innocent.

phillybear, is that you?

:D

:overhead: BRILLIANT!!! Lance didn't take drugs, the French are intimidating him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

Looks like this may be another Chronic thread fayle. :doublethumbsup:

http://msn.foxsports...3?ocid=ansfox11

Looks like an rp fayle at calling someone's thread a fayle. recliner pilot must stay up at night thinking of new ways to fayle. :overhead:

Looks like an rp fayle at calling someone's thread a fayle. recliner pilot must stay up at night thinking of new ways to fayle. :overhead:

Linking to a denial by his attorney, and saying it "looks like this may be" another thread fail is a fayle on my part?

Only fail so far is you not knowing what the word "may" means.

Doh!

Linking to a denial by his attorney, and saying it "looks like this may be" another thread fail is a fayle on my part?

Doh!

Luckily this site is low rent and lightly trafficked.

Doh!

Nice back track! I guess you don't understand the word "considering" when you kept asking for the "presser" in your other post. LOL! Fayle is now spelled R-e-c-l-i-n-e-r-p-i-l-o-t in the geek club.:overhead: LOL! :banana:

Nice back track!

Didn't back track at all, Sport.

I simply pointed out you are too fukking dumb to know the meaning of a 3 letter word. :doh: :lol:

I guess you don't understand the word "considering"

I'm well aware of the meaning of the word, especially when his attorney used it here:

Lance Armstrong's attorney is denying a report that the former cyclist will admit to doping charges that cost him his seven Tour de France titles.

Lawyer Tim Herman said he has no knowledge of Armstrong considering a confession.

Thanks for stopping by Med, now get back to putting band-aids on sticky side out. :thumbsup:

He doesn't have to think about failing, it just comes naturally to some people. Think of it as a gift--albeit a sh!tty and totally useless one. :thumbsup:

He doesn't have to think about failing, it just comes naturally to some people. Think of it as a gift--albeit a sh!tty and totally useless one. :thumbsup:

Well, looky who else is confused by itty bitty werds.

Stick to numbers, Matlock. :lol:

There will be a lot of Tiger Woods parallels here.

Armstrong and his PR engine were untouchable. They manufactured a person that didn't exist.

It's not that he doped. It's that it was so vehemently denied and lied about. It's that anyone who didn't toe the line was attacked.

With Tiger, if you didn't like him you were a racist.

With Lance, if you didn't like him you were unamerican and uncaring for cancer kids.

Its not just fact that he lied about this crap its that he threw so many people under the bus along the way for accusing him of this.

Hopefully this piece of shiot gets brought up on perjury charges based on the numerous lawsuits he filed against people/entities for writing he did this crap. Then hopefully he dies in an acid fire in prison somewhere.

I dont give a dead penguins d1ck about bike racing but this focker is a POS that deserves to lose more than a ball to cancer.

Its not just fact that he lied about this crap its that he threw so many people under the bus along the way for accusing him of this.

Hopefully this piece of shiot gets brought up on perjury charges based on the numerous lawsuits he filed against people/entities for writing he did this crap. Then hopefully he dies in an acid fire in prison somewhere.

I dont give a dead penguins d1ck about bike racing but this focker is a POS that deserves to lose more than a ball to cancer.

How do you really feel? :P

How do you really feel? :P

RP - I've never been a Lance hater. But the stuff coming out is pretty loathsome.

OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong - he's gonna end up in their company.

RP - I've never been a Lance hater. But the stuff coming out is pretty loathsome.

OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong - he's gonna end up in their company.

No doubt. He has a sh@t ton of lawsuits coming his way. Shoulda kept his mouth shut and stayed out of the public eye for the rest of his life.

This is far worse than the doping IMO... He destroyed a lot of careers and reputations...

Lighten up. In the end, Armstrong was the most successful participant in an obscenely corrupt event. The Tour may as well have been the WWE or Ringling Brothers. I do not see "The Rock" under the same scrutiny. The USADA needed a victory and spent millions of taxpayer money going after low hanging fruit. For what, I say. To bring down a man who was the best in a sport that about 0.1% of America gives a ratsass about. And after the Tour, which is about as moral as the NCAA, made their millions by turning a blind eye. The whole business stinks, and Armstrong was but a cog in the wheel.

yeah Timmy - you're missing it.

Lance wasn't a cog in the wheel - he was The Cog driving the wheel and destroying careers and lives in the process all while wearing a Cancer Angel Halo on his head.

Lighten up. In the end, Armstrong was the most successful participant in an obscenely corrupt event. The Tour may as well have been the WWE or Ringling Brothers. I do not see "The Rock" under the same scrutiny. The USADA needed a victory and spent millions of taxpayer money going after low hanging fruit. For what, I say. To bring down a man who was the best in a sport that about 0.1% of America gives a ratsass about. And after the Tour, which is about as moral as the NCAA, made their millions by turning a blind eye. The whole business stinks, and Armstrong was but a cog in the wheel.

He focking sued people that claimed he did all this stuff, collected settlements and threw plenty of people under the bus. He is a piece of shiot.

He was the biggest doper of them all and he used his power and influence to intimidate people. Read the report. There are even videos of him yelling at and intimidating racers during races.

He was the biggest doper of them all and he used his power and influence to intimidate people. Read the report. There are even videos of him yelling at and intimidating racers during races.

How much money did the tour make off Lance? I had heard of that Indurain guy before Lance, but Lance transcended the sport (to the extent riding bikes can be transcendant)

These type stories are why Armstrong is unforgivable. LeMond speaks the truth. Armstrong uses his influence to cost LeMond millions of dollars.

In an interview with Global Cycling Network (GCN), Irish journalist David Walsh said that American Tour de France champion Greg LeMond had been “vilified” by Lance Armstrong for years for speaking out against Armstrong’s involvement with Italian doping doctor Michele Ferrari.

It was a public stance that ultimately cost LeMond his bicycle business, and pitted him against a legion of Armstrong supporters, many of whom painted the three-time Tour winner as bitter, or jealous.

“[LeMond] said, ‘If Lance’s story is true, it’s the greatest comeback in the history of sport, if it’s not, it’s the greatest fraud,’ and of course that was just raising the question that it might be a fraud,” Walsh told GCN’s Daniel Lloyd. “Armstrong, of course, went insane with anger, and Greg then was vilified by Armstrong, [he] was put under unbelievable pressure.”

Armstrong’s influence led to his bike sponsor, Trek, dropping its support of the LeMond brand it had licensed for 13 years from the three-time Tour winner.

In 2008, Trek president John Burke told the trade magazine Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, “Had all the stars aligned with Lance and Greg, if [LeMond] had kept a positive relationship, [the LeMond brand] would have ended up a $30 [million] to $35 million brand.”

Instead, it wound up a memory.

“Armstrong could exercise unbelievable influence if he wanted to — to damage your business interests, or destroy your character,” Walsh said. “He was a formidable and very dangerous enemy, Lance, and he didn’t mind using his power to destroy other people.”

Fock Lance

How much money did the tour make off Lance? I had heard of that Indurain guy before Lance, but Lance transcended the sport (to the extent riding bikes can be transcendant)

That's irrelevant to the fact that Lance is a POS. The tour organizers can also be full of Shiit. Its not mutually exclusive.