Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw

Can't imagine how red Coughlin's face is right now. He was a big Bradshaw guy. Do I really need to consider keeping Wilson over Adrian Peterson in a keep 1 league now? :o

Link

Good news for David Wilson owners. Andre Brown who is recovering from a fractured fibula gets a fantasy value bump as well.

Bradshaw to the Packers might be a nice fit?

Interesting way to hit the free market for Bradshaw following his 2012 season. Another productive season when healthy but cut short due to injuries. Curious to see how teams weigh his talent with the fact that the guy can't stay healthy.

I'm pretty stoked as a David Wilson owner in a keeper league :doublethumbsup:

I could be wrong, but I don't see Bradshaw being a hot commodity on the market. He's only 26 but he's had a lot of mileage on him lately, especially considering the reoccurring foot injuries.

I bet he's brought in somewhere as a veteran backup with a chance to compete and knock off a younger fella the team isn't sure about. At a relatively modesy salary too. Somewhere like Arizona, that has Ryan Williams but knows they can't rely on him.

I'm pretty stoked as a David Wilson owner in a keeper league :doublethumbsup:

ME TOO! :doublethumbsup:

I think that there will be a decent market for Bradshaw. There are several pass first NFL teams like Det/Atl/Den/GB that could use a player like him in the backfield as part of a rotation.

The current Giants backfield is tricky. I drafted Wilson in both my leagues and obviously NYG liked him enough to draft him in the first round. It does seem like he and Coughlin have a bit of a troubled relationship. Coughlin won't play him if he can't prove to hold up in blitz pickup. I think he is a risky boom/bust pick in redrafts. Brown may be the guy that goes later and has more value.

Brown may be the guy that goes later and has more value.

I agree with this. Depending on Wilson's dependability Brown could be the true value there.

As for where Bradshaw ends up I'd think GB or ATL would make the most sense. I doubt AZ would want to switch a RB with knee issues (Wells) for an RB with foot/ankle issues.

I would really like to see Bradshaw in Atlanta. Starting to look like Turner is as good as gone and they are built to win now.

Its the rebirth of thunder and lighting for the NYG.

I agree with this. Depending on Wilson's dependability Brown could be the true value there.

As for where Bradshaw ends up I'd think GB or ATL would make the most sense. I doubt AZ would want to switch a RB with knee issues (Wells) for an RB with foot/ankle issues.

I'd be really happy with either landing spot for Bradshaw.

IMO, Bradshaw could really help a lot of teams. However, it may be hard for him to secure a gig as the clear starter or lead back in a committee. He is a solid-yet-unspectacular runner that is very good in pass protection, so that will be very appealing. Plus, he isn't that old yet. However, the foot issues have to be a major concern for any potential suitors. He wasn't missing games for NYG, but he missed a lot of practice and a new team might not be so willing to commit to a someone missing so much time Mon-Thurs. -I worry that he may not get a lot of interest until he gets a clean bill of health and the preseason is approaching.

Bradshaw owners may have to be patient with him in order to see where he ultimately lands this season.