Sign in to follow this  
lambert58

Draft Discussion/Commentary...

I'm not okay with the supplemental order. Henceforth I'm done drafting. Find someone else to finish. Cheers. :cheers:

I'm not okay with the supplemental order. Henceforth I'm done drafting. Find someone else to finish. Cheers. :cheers:

I dont think anyone gives a fock one way or the other, :cheers:

Ed are you kidding me?!

Now listen, from the guy that only comes around this place pretty much for this draft. Seriously just finish the draft and if you really mean to quit I'll look for another guy personally to take over the fricken team. I know you got hosed on the random draw but it is what it is. I know you don't want charity or pandering and none of us want to give you that anyway. You've got something to offer this league. That's why you keep coming back. That's why you are always welcome back but can we leave the "edjr-ing" for another place on this site? You don't know me well, and it's been years since we saw each other but let's make this real and get it done.

And yes I'm partially being selfish for this first season, since I got Teixeira and Glavine with the Braves that I actually have gotten some luck with my draft and team at the start of the season.

My brother's a giant fan, he wouldn't have time to draft but he'll put in a line-up everyday if we cant find anyone around here.

8.11 Wilson Betemit, 3B, Bal

Seriously, that's the best you had to choose from? Looks like I'm about done here. I guess on the bright side, I wont have to drop anyone for the supplemental because I'll have about 5 open roster spots.

My brother's a giant fan, he wouldn't have time to draft but he'll put in a line-up everyday if we cant find anyone around here.

Pretty sure it's just edjr's standard quit speech. Although, I can finish drafting for a SF squad if you give me a little bit of time to catch up. The only players TEX shares with them as far as I can tell are a crappy catcher (that I may actually target as a backup C), a backup 2B (worthless), and .188 BA Mark DeRosa (will give to STL as charity), so I don't see a conflict in interest.

I get it, i'd be pissed off too if I drew 16th and then didn't at least get a top 5 pick in the supplemental... but everyone (except me, i voted complete random) voted for random weighted. I don't think anyone voted for reverse order.

to be fair though, in the 16 hole, who did Edjr miss out on aside from guys he passed on himself? Beltran? Pence and Melky were on the board when he picked...I could be missing someone as my knowledge of the giants is not great. But that's exactly my argument for why a random supp order was a good thing. Someone can pick last, miss out on one target and get back to back picks but be in better shape than, lets say, this years Cardinals (sorry Lambert!)

So while I recognize that edjr got hosed, really badly hosed in terms of the draft draws, I don't think he is in that bad a position and it would be kind of lame for him to up and quit on us.

Pretty sure it's just edjr's standard quit speech. Although, I can finish drafting for a SF squad if you give me a little bit of time to catch up. The only players TEX shares with them as far as I can tell are a crappy catcher (that I may actually target as a backup C), a backup 2B (worthless), and .188 BA Mark DeRosa (will give to STL as charity), so I don't see a conflict in interest.

I don't mind picking up that draft spot for SF either. Same Derosa (who I thought about because I like the guy), Rajai Davis (an actual target), a C that likely won't make the MLB roster and a couple deep MR pitchers. I'll work the research today at work and send my list to Mora for SF picks. Between the 2 of us the draft can finish if Ed really doesn't return.

I'm on vacation for the rest of the week starting at noon but I'll be out all afternoon with the family until after 6 at least. I'll check in on my phone occasionally. I'll send proxy picks out to a few folks in case.

And I pretty much agree with everything WW said.

The irony of Ed calling out 29guest or anyone else as the "worst fantasy owner ever" is overwhelming.

I didn't get my draft spot... oh focking :cry:

He passed on really good players in round one and two. In the first 7 picks I lost out on Pujols, Beltran, Haren, and Berkman and had to draft Rasmus, ludwick, greene, and furcal.

Then the supplemental moved me up from 12th to 9th. Yet I am still here and not being a d1ck. (yeah, I see you lurking as one of the anonymous people down there)

Now focking make your picks.

:banana: :banana:

I am looking at his all-time roster and will try to come up with two picks...

So far I have found two picks to make for the 7th and 8th rounds...

I am looking at his all-time roster and will try to come up with two picks...

So far I have found two picks to make for the 7th and 8th rounds...

Give me about 30 minutes and I'll shoot you my list for SF via PM, I think Guard is doing the same. We can compare notes and I think we should be pretty similar.

The irony of Ed calling out 29guest or anyone else as the "worst fantasy owner ever" is overwhelming.

I didn't get my draft spot... oh focking :cry:

He passed on really good players in round one and two. In the first 7 picks I lost out on Pujols, Beltran, Haren, and Berkman and had to draft Rasmus, ludwick, greene, and furcal.

Then the supplemental moved me up from 12th to 9th. Yet I am still here and not being a d1ck. (yeah, I see you lurking as one of the anonymous people down there)

Now focking make your picks.

:cheers:

I would reach out to him to see if he is interested...

Too bad, he and his 2 little germ emitting rugrats were just here for a couple of weeks, I'll call him tonight. I'm sure he'll do it, I'd rather him not know of fftoday though :ninja:

Too bad, he and his 2 little germ emitting rugrats were just here for a couple of weeks, I'll call him tonight. I'm sure he'll do it, I'd rather him not know of fftoday though :ninja:

Hook me up with some chronic and your secret's safe with me. :thumbsup:

Hook me up with some chronic and your secret's safe with me. :thumbsup:

No secret really but come on up, I'm right off Int. 5.

Understood...

I locked edjr from doing anything at the league site... Just get me his email address (if he is intersted) and I can transfer his team...

Whyd you have to go and take jose molina. Hes a crappy catcher but he was my crappy catcher

Whyd you have to go and take jose molina. Hes a crappy catcher but he was my crappy catcher

Cuz you took Rodney and Peralta from me.

alsoihaverunoutofplayerstodraft

Sorry fellas. I have 2 guys here I am training so I wasn't able to get to my computer.

And Chris Narveson.. I'm in the "taking a flyer" mode. (that started in round 1)

Sorry fellas. I have 2 guys here I am training so I wasn't able to get to my computer.

And Chris Narveson.. I'm in the "taking a flyer" mode. (that started in round 1)

After having seven eligible players drafted by other teams in the last three rounds, I'm in "is there anyone left on a major league roster?" mode.

Middle of Oregon :music_guitarred:

I travel from Portland to Roseburg often (unless I fly into Medford). :unsure:

How far are you guys from horning's hideout? Northwest string summit is certainly on the bucket list!

Also, fock off, burt!

did edjr really quit like a little girl?

:huh:

on the betemit pick. Also, didn't we all used to say fock off, burt all the time or am I imagining things?

At least with Betemit he has some position flexibility :bench:

11.6 Jake Odorizzi, SP, TB

had a feeling youd pull him. was going to take him last round

did edjr really quit like a little girl?

If he is really quitt0red, he will forever and always be referred to by me as edjrIAFP.

What a f0cking pussie.

oh yeah that was welcome back, burt. sorry.

How far are you guys from horning's hideout? Northwest string summit is certainly on the bucket list!

I'm down in the L.A. area, but I did see the Cheese at Horning's a few years back. :music_guitarred: Three day festival with kickass bluegrass, mean green, doses, and massive amounts of good beer. Oh, and freaky people & peacocks to trip on. :shocking:

One of the best venues I've been to.